Chewbacca 7* Guide - Zsolt's Journey Guide

kerkzsolt
20 posts Member
edited July 2021
Hello Everyone!

Thank you for reading my post. The last time I wrote, I swore that I would write a guide for acquiring Chewbacca with the BH's. It was such a pain and long time to farm Bossk that it took me more than a month....such is the life of F2Ps. So for today, I brought my composition of BHs and their gear levels, mods, abilities, and some tactics with which I was able to unlock the 7* Chewbacca. He is necessary for the formation of the CLS team that I started (R2D2, CLS are at 7*). Let's see the list of my BH's.
Bossk (Lead), Boba, Cad Bane, Greedo, Dengar

First, talk about the leader, Bossk.

803zvzoq0oat.jpg

As you can see, he is 7* now. I have him at lvl 85 and Gear level 12. He is a key to have, as he is able to provide the necessary tankiness and taunt in order to protect the squishier BH's (Greedo). So all of his abilities are Omegad and it is wise to use a Zeta on his leadership skill. It provides +50% Prot and Tenacity for your BH's, and with the infliction of debuffs, they can recover too. The Tradoshan Rage is a good one too, but it is not entirely necessary for our event. Now let's check the mods:
v6nj8wl653vx.jpg
xi8y6czvca7z.jpg
f150mjwhbxmo.jpg

Speed and Tenacity Set. Speed primary receiver, Protec primary holo-ray, and Tenacity primary multiplexer. Some tenacity is good to prevent ability block imho. I tried to upgrade my mods for at least 15-A and some with speed subs to 15-E. Bossk takes the longest time to get, as he is only available on 9-B Hard node. I advise you to reset 2 times his node every day, it does not take too much crystal and it makes the farm faster.

Now, Boba Fett
ofbsabf2670w.jpg

Boba is extremely good, no doubt. Double attacks, ability block aoe, and the mighty rocket that can destroy some foes immediately. I have him at Gear level 12. Execute and others are Omegad, Leader skill lvl 7, and Bounty Hunter's Resolve at lvl 7. If you have the luxury of a Zeta, put it on this skill.
Mods
7fdfl76w36sd.jpg
v59khu5eoqhn.jpg
jdw40fxhb36g.jpg

Critical Damage and Critical Chance sets. 15-E level for all. Speed receiver, Crit Damage Holo-array, and Potency primary for Multiplexer. I used Pot for the AOE block, you may use Offense, it is good too, to make him punch harder.
It is quite easy to 7* Boba, he is available in the Cantina Battles, Fleet Store (I advise to spend your fleet currency on Zetas and not on chars), and two Dark Side hard nodes.

Cad Bane
I like him very much, in motion pictures and in the game too. The real space cowboy.
z4s7ag534ae1.jpg

7* and gear lvl 12. He packs a punch with his basic, and his special stuns, dispels, and even reduces TM. I Omegad all of his abilities, but his leader skill. It is not that necessary now.

Mods
5i5d9dl0dxhf.jpg
6ilgg5p5bbmp.jpg
1dz8q7yrno0y.jpg

Crit Dam and Chance sets. Speed receiver, Crit Dam holo, and Offense multiplexer. For me, this works.
You can have Cad Bane easily by spending the tokens from the Galactic War. As soon as you will able to SIM the whole 12 battles, it is easy to farm Cad and the other stuff from that store.

Greedo
t9re0rwotw3n.jpg

I know that some of you are not fans of Greedo. However, I find him quite useful. Threaten is extremely helpful in the Chewie event, that full TM reduction is god. Who Shot First? is a real RNG **** but it is such a pleasure when Greedo pumps out 6 or 7 shots consecutively. Omegad abilities, 7* and gear level 11. You may go for the 12, I may do it myself later, but now, lvl 11 is enough too. Mods: Health and Crit Dam. Health is to beef him up, he is squishy. Speed, Crit Dame, and Offense. I do not have top mods, but they are okeyish. You can get him with Arena currency. Not a big deal, just buy him every day/ two days.

Last one, Dengar
xnt1lmpjh0ly.jpg

Why do we need Dengar? He is an MVP when it comes to preventing R2's smokescreen. If you get smokescreen on Chewie, you may even restart the event. Such is life. His Leader skill is not necessary to upgrade, others Omegad. Grizzled is a Zeta, it does not worth it now. Mini-mine mayhem actually is quite good if you can get some crits. Mods: Crit Dam, Potency sets. Speed, Crit Dam, Potency primaries. For the mini-mine, it is good to have enough potency. You can have him with the turn of the Guild Store. Always check the Guild Store and have enough coins to buy a batch of his shards. It takes some time...
Okey, let's see the event itself.
8kvmtn9fzp1t.jpg

So I managed to get 2* on the last stage.

5dvf3ii2dki9.jpg

Bossk Zeta Lead, Boba, Cad - gear lvl 12, Greedo 11, Dengar 9. Yep, I did not include IG, he got his face smashed so hard in the first barrage, that I left him out. For me, Greedo works.
If you see this, restart your event - u046n65oqk8v.jpg

Everyone gets smoke screened, you cannot target Chewie or Han.
This one is a better first sight - h9h7qjm54rt3.jpg

Dengar prevented R2's smokescreen. Boba got stunned, but everyone survived the nasty AOE barrage of ROLO and Lando.
The first step - take out the Wookie!
5827aqtezcjc.jpg

Try to aim for the Wookie and activate your payouts. The very first step, Taunt with Bossk, then use the mass assist call on him. As you can see, I am one-shot far from the payouts, and Chewie is dead. Solo is able to dish out massive damage, so it is wise to get him killed quick.
yjqiyoq2ia7r.jpg

If the Wookie and Han are dead, you are on the best track to get Chewie 7*. It is okey if Greedo or someone else is dead (I think Greedo will be the first to die, if someone dies).

jlvx2gvjvpbn.jpg

Hunt down ROLO and Lando. And that was all, kill R2 last.

Congratulations, you have 7* Chewbacca, thank you for reading my guide!

Question: How many times did I try? With this setup, I restarted below 10 attempts. Some RNG-luck is necessary. You may not get Dengar stealthed before the smoke-screen, you may not get the Wookie stunned, you may get Greedo killed in the first or second round, you may not be able to reduce Han's TM with Greedo, Boba's execute may not deliver such a huge punch that is necessary...your BH's are not reliced and there is only one Zeta in this group. Three level 12 gears, one 11 and one 9. The more you invest in your BH's, the easier the event will be. However, with such a setup, I did not invest TOO much in them and was able to get Chewie 7*. So may the Force be with you and good luck!
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Why do you recommend crit dmg. for Greedo while at the same time you praise his ability to hit multiple times in a row? Crit chance (not crit damage) triggers those extra hits.
  • With multiple amount of shots, his increased Crit Damage devastates lots of stuff....Arena, Challenges...You are absolutely right, high Cr Chance triggers the ability, but isn't it nice to see such high Crit Damage? :)
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    High single hit numbers may be a nice sight but I would value efficiency more in a guide.
  • Why not use Jango? He is better in the event and later on than Greedo or Cad.
    3v3 FTW
  • LordGrahck
    344 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Why not use Jango? He is better in the event and later on than Greedo or Cad.

If you notice the selection of hunters, only Bossk needs to be farmed from a node. All the others are able to be farmed in one of the various stores. I agree that Jango would be a better choice over Greedo, but if you evaluate in terms of getting a team together and levelled as quickly as possible, then this team is optimal. Although, I would've chosen IG88 over Greedo.
  • Thank you LordGrahck for the comment. I agree with you in some terms. I prefer Greedo's TM removal and the possibility of several high Crit DMG shots, though he is by far not the best BH. I farm Jango now simultaneously with the Hound's Tooth, for the Falcon, and will replace Greedo with Jango for sure later on. However, you are right in the fact that this team comp may be the fastest to acquire. IG88 is a good choice either, as he has devastating attacks, but I find him extremely squishy. Nevertheless, I have to level him/it too, as I will need the IG2000 for the Falcon too, and I find that ship (IG2000) a really good one.

Waqui: Is there any irresistible urge from you to look for all the points in my writings where you can find debatable issues? Yes, a bigger single hit serves well, it does not feed the Rancor TM either, however, as far as I see there is no such thing in this game as golden laws for anything. You can manage to do your stuff in numerous ways, I found a way for my stuff that is efficient for me as a new and FTP player, and I share my way with the other new players. Despite these, I find your insights helpful and thought-provoking. I try to be as efficient as I can with my limited conditions, as a new player must have to plan ahead and try to be as multi-purpose as possible.

Thanks for all the comments.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    kerkzsolt wrote: »
    Waqui: Is there any irresistible urge from you to look for all the points in my writings where you can find debatable issues?

If you can't handle debate without taking it to the level of personal attacks, you should resist your urge to give new players questionable advice.
    Yes, a bigger single hit serves well, it does not feed the Rancor TM either, however, as far as I see there is no such thing in this game as golden laws for anything.

Rancor? Wrong thread but OK:
    Every hit feeds turn meter to the Rancor. Some hits also have a chance on removing some turn meter in addition. I'm quite sure a CC triangle on Greedo gives higher overall damage than a CD triangle. Yes, more attacks may feed more TM through ROLO in this event but you really want to take the enemies out as fast as possible one by one.
    You can manage to do your stuff in numerous ways, I found a way for my stuff that is efficient for me as a new and FTP player, and I share my way with the other new players.

And I share that Greedo's bonus attacks are triggered by the crits themselves - not by higher damage crits. Higher crit chance => higher chance of bonus attacks.
    Despite these, I find your insights helpful and thought-provoking. I try to be as efficient as I can with my limited conditions, as a new player must have to plan ahead and try to be as multi-purpose as possible.

And try giving you and the those reading your guide improved advice.
    Thanks for all the comments.

You're welcome.
    Post edited by Waqui on
  • LordGrahck wrote: »

If you notice the selection of hunters, only Bossk needs to be farmed from a node. All the others are able to be farmed in one of the various stores. I agree that Jango would be a better choice over Greedo, but if you evaluate in terms of getting a team together and levelled as quickly as possible, then this team is optimal. Although, I would've chosen IG88 over Greedo.

You can farm a second hard node character before you can gear them all up.
    3v3 FTW
  • LordGrahck wrote: »

You can farm a second hard node character before you can gear them all up.

Perhaps, but by the time that second hard node character is farmed, the others could conceivably be ready to go.