[MEGA] Road Ahead: July 2021

Replies

  • Options
    So with both GAS and JKL getting major nerfs, will JML be entirely useless? Especially in TB.
  • Options
    Spite33 wrote: »
    If they don’t listen to the communities response and adjust accordingly I hope enough people leave this game and hurt their greedy pocket books..

    CG: we don't have to listen if we don't ask.

  • Options
    The video was ok. I am not a video person though. And not a native speaker. Crumb was really difficult to understand. Doja was ok to understand. If they want to do videos: fine, do videos. But make sure all relevant information is available as text.

    Because many players are not native speakers. So don’t distribute essential information in videos only. You are already doing a very bad job with regards to translations. I mean it sometimes feels like a level of disregard for other languages that can easily be mistaken for disrespect.
  • Options
    I'm not sure how she is doing more damage at R8. If she whirlwinds she is doing 2x damage and then an additional 56% damage in addition.

    So let say Rey has 10k offense which is very high. She will do 200k damage plus an additional 15,600 damage which is still significantly less than 300k damage unless I am not reading this right and completely don't understand that post.

    Am I missing something?
  • Options
    In order for me to see CG’s logic to these changes based on the defense stat, then they will need to do a step by step video explaining WHY the defense penetration with Luke or GAS would’ve hindered a new toon. They should show a side-by-side explaining why defense pen/ defense was the problem. Otherwise this is a disappointing Road (Whale) Ahead.
  • ReyVsMando
    38 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Options
    Ezrareally wrote: »
    I like how this Speedy guy wants to sounds smart n all about capitalism, but the thing is you're acting like there other games in the market and EA didn't run a decade long monopoly on Star Wars. All they have to show is the embodiment of capitalistic greed with nefarious paywall infested games. Now that other companies like Ubisoft are in production of Star Wars games they see the writing on the wall and looking for one last cash grab.

    there is different types of capitalism.. the prominent version of capitalism in the entertainment industry is some sort of promoting diversity while try to make huge amount money with it.. but in a very narcissistic and selfish way.

    at this point of intersection these people themselves show fascostoid tendencies and if you look at history some doctor/ denstist associations were before the workers faschists. around 6 years before.

    Playing around with this paradox will cost this industry a lot.
  • UdalCuain
    5056 posts Member
    Options
    Nasdadjr wrote: »
    I'm not sure how she is doing more damage at R8. If she whirlwinds she is doing 2x damage and then an additional 56% damage in addition.

    So let say Rey has 10k offense which is very high. She will do 200k damage plus an additional 15,600 damage which is still significantly less than 300k damage unless I am not reading this right and completely don't understand that post.

    Am I missing something?

    She's doing 2 x massive damage = 2 x 99,999 = 199,998.
    199,998 x 1.56 = 311,997
  • Zyppah
    44 posts Member
    Options
    Do I hear a class action lawsuit in the making by devaluing a product after purchase?
  • Options
    Instead of repairing something that ain´t broken (and it´s really interesting that even players who have GL and spent money on the game are mostly dissatisfied), i have some suggestions for CG, what should they look into for next Road Ahead.

    1) Give us more events, like more Galactic Bounties (somebody already mentioned it) and fix events that are actually broken (last tier of Secrets and Shadows which is literally unbeatable)
    2) Rework characters that players actually wants you to rework (like i don´t know...Mace Windu?)
    3) Some factions are really weak like smugglers or Tuskens (can i call it a faction?), so new and better characters will come in handy
    4) What about new ships? Do we really need another capital ship (and third for empire) when you can create only 6 full squads? Wouldn´t be better for healthier meta if you add more First Order and Resistance ships for example?
    5) Repair broken matchmaking in GA and TW. It´s not fun when you have no GL and your opponent has one or more and it´s also not fun when you play against a guild with significantly higher overall GP (because they will literally obliterate you even in smaller numbers)
    6) Make relic materials (relic 8 and upcoming 9 too) more accessible for everyone.
    7) Fix Grand Arena rewards which aren´t bad, but from the point of time investment not really worthy
    8) Why can´t ships be farmed as quick as regular toons and in all situations you get only 1 shard?
    9) Do we really need sim tickets? It may be discouraing for new players and later you are hoarding them with no real purpose and chance to use them all.
    10) Cancel GL tickets or which is the least enjoyable part of accessing GL - or at least lower overall difficulty of these events (except Obi Wan). Believe me, players don´t enjoy playing it over and over again with a need of hoarding tickets.

    Sorry for my english, it´s not my primary language. Anyway, i like this game, but if there is a vision in these changes, i really don´t see it. It sure seems that it´s only about money and uneccesary paywall, but believe me: if players genuinly like your game they will pay you gladly and i don´t know, maybe even ask you, why can´t they pay more (The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is a great example). But for now, you are deliberately doing the oposite and it may backfire at you at some point. I´m not naive, i don´t except to roll back these changes, but a little suggestion for the future: Maybe it will be beneficial to discuss what´s best for the game with actual players - at least sometimes - and not with people in suits.
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    Options
    Gonna be honest I do laugh a bit that at least 99% of the biggest criers about how there is going to be no non-GL GL counters, are in no way, shape, or form countering a GL just now.

    People crying about stuff that’s stoping them doing something they can’t do now.

    And before the I have GAS, Sith Empire blah blah blah guys come, I’m not including you in the 99% of biggesti criers group.


    I am also laughing a bit about the ones angry that a PLC want to make more money. Literally their only goal and reason for existence.

    Then the poor Devs getting it in the neck. This is how most of their conversations go I assume….

    CG Dev: I have great idea for game

    CG Shareholder:
    ewbsb4arb0as.jpeg
  • Options
    Crayons wrote: »
    Gonna be honest I do laugh a bit that at least 99% of the biggest criers about how there is going to be no non-GL GL counters, are in no way, shape, or form countering a GL just now.

    People crying about stuff that’s stoping them doing something they can’t do now.

    And before the I have GAS, Sith Empire blah blah blah guys come, I’m not including you in the 99% of biggesti criers group.


    I am also laughing a bit about the ones angry that a PLC want to make more money. Literally their only goal and reason for existence.

    Then the poor Devs getting it in the neck. This is how most of their conversations go I assume….

    CG Dev: I have great idea for game

    CG Shareholder:
    ewbsb4arb0as.jpeg

    People can raise their voices in support of others. For example you don’t have to have a dark skin tone to support BLM. Or terminal cancer to support a cancer charity.

    Try to breath during all the laughing. It helps to bring oxygen up to the brain.
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    Options
    Crayons wrote: »
    Gonna be honest I do laugh a bit that at least 99% of the biggest criers about how there is going to be no non-GL GL counters, are in no way, shape, or form countering a GL just now.

    People crying about stuff that’s stoping them doing something they can’t do now.

    And before the I have GAS, Sith Empire blah blah blah guys come, I’m not including you in the 99% of biggesti criers group.


    I am also laughing a bit about the ones angry that a PLC want to make more money. Literally their only goal and reason for existence.

    Then the poor Devs getting it in the neck. This is how most of their conversations go I assume….

    CG Dev: I have great idea for game

    CG Shareholder:
    ewbsb4arb0as.jpeg

    People can raise their voices in support of others. For example you don’t have to have a dark skin tone to support BLM. Or terminal cancer to support a cancer charity.

    Try to breath during all the laughing. It helps to bring oxygen up to the brain.

    Lol, wut?

    How are you getting all this as comparable things? A radical civil rights movement that spans the globe, a disease that kills people and tears families apart, and a mobile video game change.


    The world man 😂
  • MolIza
    51 posts Member
    Options
    Themy wrote: »
    Changing all of these interactions so that you can't counter a GL with a non GL does not seem health for the game. Willing to be wrong about this but I doubt it.

    Clearly CG doesn’t CARE about the non WHALE or KRAKEN players AT ALL anymore. I get that Krakens and Whales pay for the game to continue (to a certain extent I mean I’m no whale but, I’ve spent my fair share in this game too). But, to completely negate all that ling time players have worked so hard for us sickening!
  • Options
    Crayons wrote: »
    Crayons wrote: »
    Gonna be honest I do laugh a bit that at least 99% of the biggest criers about how there is going to be no non-GL GL counters, are in no way, shape, or form countering a GL just now.

    People crying about stuff that’s stoping them doing something they can’t do now.

    And before the I have GAS, Sith Empire blah blah blah guys come, I’m not including you in the 99% of biggesti criers group.


    I am also laughing a bit about the ones angry that a PLC want to make more money. Literally their only goal and reason for existence.

    Then the poor Devs getting it in the neck. This is how most of their conversations go I assume….

    CG Dev: I have great idea for game

    CG Shareholder:
    ewbsb4arb0as.jpeg

    People can raise their voices in support of others. For example you don’t have to have a dark skin tone to support BLM. Or terminal cancer to support a cancer charity.

    Try to breath during all the laughing. It helps to bring oxygen up to the brain.

    Lol, wut?

    How are you getting all this as comparable things? A radical civil rights movement that spans the globe, a disease that kills people and tears families apart, and a mobile video game change.


    The world man 😂

    He didn't say they are the same. Learn to read. He's showing examples of others caring about issues that don't directly impact them.
  • MolIza
    51 posts Member
    Options
    @CG_SBCrumb_MINI I know you’re not the ONLY one responsible for these changes obviously. However, you’re the one making the posts so unfortunately this gets directed to you!

    So looking over all of these changes, given the most recent to CPit, what exactly are we supposed to be able to use to continue bearing that raid now?! Because the Vader comp that 90% of guild members use in either P1 or P4 is no longer gonna work now.

    I feel like this entire Road Ahead is more like “CG’s Road to Killing SWGoH”.
  • MolIza
    51 posts Member
    Options
    Ezrareally wrote: »
    Road Ahead looking likejpynp7c92npe.gif

    Couldn’t agree more.
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    Options
    Crayons wrote: »
    Crayons wrote: »
    Gonna be honest I do laugh a bit that at least 99% of the biggest criers about how there is going to be no non-GL GL counters, are in no way, shape, or form countering a GL just now.

    People crying about stuff that’s stoping them doing something they can’t do now.

    And before the I have GAS, Sith Empire blah blah blah guys come, I’m not including you in the 99% of biggesti criers group.


    I am also laughing a bit about the ones angry that a PLC want to make more money. Literally their only goal and reason for existence.

    Then the poor Devs getting it in the neck. This is how most of their conversations go I assume….

    CG Dev: I have great idea for game

    CG Shareholder:
    ewbsb4arb0as.jpeg

    People can raise their voices in support of others. For example you don’t have to have a dark skin tone to support BLM. Or terminal cancer to support a cancer charity.

    Try to breath during all the laughing. It helps to bring oxygen up to the brain.

    Lol, wut?

    How are you getting all this as comparable things? A radical civil rights movement that spans the globe, a disease that kills people and tears families apart, and a mobile video game change.


    The world man 😂

    He didn't say they are the same. Learn to read. He's showing examples of others caring about issues that don't directly impact them.

    When you add issues that are bigger than the one you are tagging on to it, it is done for the purpose of inflation.


    Anyway.

    This is a game. Some FTP, who invest nothing or little in the game and it’s future, are annoyed the meta is changing in favour of those who spend, who are literally keeping the lights on and the whole show on the road.

    If this is too much for you, and the others, log out now and delete the game, cause I have news for you. It’s going to happen again, and again, and again. It’s happened before, and before that, and before that. The meta has changed to imbalance it toward spenders so many times in this game. It will happen so many times after this one.

    It’s been happening in MMO since they stated. CG isn’t an outreach programme for disadvantaged video game players.
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    Options
    How long y’all been playing? Cause FTP and small spenders have been done over so many times by meta changes behind paywalls. So many times.
  • Options
    If you actually listen to feedback then you will cancel these changes. If tons of players are hating it and you still do it then you are lying to our faces when you say you listen. Do better.
  • Konju
    1181 posts Member
    Options
    I’m not FTP. This isn’t a meta shift, it is a nerf. Vastly different things. If new GLs were immune to fracture, defense penetration etc. there would be much less backlash imo.

    That said, I don’t blame anyone for quitting the game with this last announcement.
  • Options
    The issue here isn't that FTP players are getting screwed. I pay to play, and I am still outraged by the changes. Because it makes the game less interesting and less fun. The whales that unlock JMK on day one already had a huge edge over everyone else without all these incoming nerfs. Is the goal to make them completely untouchable? Sure seems like it.
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    Options
    Konju wrote: »
    I’m not FTP. This isn’t a meta shift, it is a nerf. Vastly different things. If new GLs were immune to fracture, defense penetration etc. there would be much less backlash imo.

    That said, I don’t blame anyone for quitting the game with this last announcement.


    Box it anyway you feel comfortable with.

    This is a meta shift. How it gets there is irrelevant. They are changing the teams that win to suit spending players. That’s a meta shift. It’s not the same as old shifts cause that’s usually new characters. But it’s still the same thing. It’s a lazy meta shift, but a shift all the same.
    .

  • Konju
    1181 posts Member
    Options
    Crayons wrote: »
    Konju wrote: »
    I’m not FTP. This isn’t a meta shift, it is a nerf. Vastly different things. If new GLs were immune to fracture, defense penetration etc. there would be much less backlash imo.

    That said, I don’t blame anyone for quitting the game with this last announcement.


    Box it anyway you feel comfortable with.

    This is a meta shift. How it gets there is irrelevant. They are changing the teams that win to suit spending players. That’s a meta shift. It’s not the same as old shifts cause that’s usually new characters. But it’s still the same thing. It’s a lazy meta shift, but a shift all the same.
    .

    No matter how you choose to box it, it is a nerf and the resulting backlash is evidence of the difference.

    The effective gameplay outcome remains the same, you are correct. But for anyone to say how it gets there is irrelevant missed the first 21 pages of comments posted in roughly a day. There is a difference and it does matter.
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    Options
    Konju wrote: »
    Crayons wrote: »
    Konju wrote: »
    I’m not FTP. This isn’t a meta shift, it is a nerf. Vastly different things. If new GLs were immune to fracture, defense penetration etc. there would be much less backlash imo.

    That said, I don’t blame anyone for quitting the game with this last announcement.


    Box it anyway you feel comfortable with.

    This is a meta shift. How it gets there is irrelevant. They are changing the teams that win to suit spending players. That’s a meta shift. It’s not the same as old shifts cause that’s usually new characters. But it’s still the same thing. It’s a lazy meta shift, but a shift all the same.
    .

    No matter how you choose to box it, it is a nerf and the resulting backlash is evidence of the difference.

    The effective gameplay outcome remains the same, you are correct. But for anyone to say how it gets there is irrelevant missed the first 21 pages of comments posted in roughly a day. There is a difference and it does matter.

    The backlash is mostly ftp. Mostly.

    My guild are very cool about it. So no, not everyone is up in arms. Those that are certainly shout the loudest.

  • Options
    Going to R8 my boba without knowing the executor's details. Lol whatever.
  • Options
    IF this was about actual characters ignoring defence then why have the majority of characters that ignore defence or armour been left out.

    Vandor Chewbacca’s basic
    Canderous Ordo’s AOE
    Chewbacca’s pulverise
    Darth Sidious

    All these ignore defence and that’s not including those that ignore armour like nightsister zombie, Enfys Nest and zeb.

    If you really “need” to stop ignore defence why did you not bother changing these? Surely they have the same problems as the other characters?

    By not changing them you show that it’s not about ignoring defence it’s about creating a divide between GL’s and non GL’s. In order for them not to be countered
  • Options
    Vantage67 wrote: »
    IF this was about actual characters ignoring defence then why have the majority of characters that ignore defence or armour been left out.

    Vandor Chewbacca’s basic
    Canderous Ordo’s AOE
    Chewbacca’s pulverise
    Darth Sidious

    All these ignore defence and that’s not including those that ignore armour like nightsister zombie, Enfys Nest and zeb.

    If you really “need” to stop ignore defence why did you not bother changing these? Surely they have the same problems as the other characters?

    By not changing them you show that it’s not about ignoring defence it’s about creating a divide between GL’s and non GL’s. In order for them not to be countered

    Answer: these characters don’t do enough damage to be relevant.

    Real answer: these characters don’t threaten GLs because they don’t do enough damage to be relevant.

    The Vader Nerf shows that this is about GL Counters anyway, because Vader has no Defense Ignore, just big damage (and both GAS and JKL are getting some form of increased Armor Pen. and anti-tank synergy).
  • Konju
    1181 posts Member
    Options
    Crayons wrote: »
    Konju wrote: »
    Crayons wrote: »
    Konju wrote: »
    I’m not FTP. This isn’t a meta shift, it is a nerf. Vastly different things. If new GLs were immune to fracture, defense penetration etc. there would be much less backlash imo.

    That said, I don’t blame anyone for quitting the game with this last announcement.


    Box it anyway you feel comfortable with.

    This is a meta shift. How it gets there is irrelevant. They are changing the teams that win to suit spending players. That’s a meta shift. It’s not the same as old shifts cause that’s usually new characters. But it’s still the same thing. It’s a lazy meta shift, but a shift all the same.
    .

    No matter how you choose to box it, it is a nerf and the resulting backlash is evidence of the difference.

    The effective gameplay outcome remains the same, you are correct. But for anyone to say how it gets there is irrelevant missed the first 21 pages of comments posted in roughly a day. There is a difference and it does matter.

    The backlash is mostly ftp. Mostly.

    My guild are very cool about it. So no, not everyone is up in arms. Those that are certainly shout the loudest.

    I doubt the backlash is “mostly” ftp. I know a lot of spenders quite upset as well; we both have our anecdotal evidence. Also there were positive posts in here, so no, not everyone is up in arms. I agree there.

    Yes, those with an emotional response will likely be the loudest. Many P2P won’t have much of an emotional response to these changes. They’ll just continue to open the wallet. That’s fine. I don’t blame them nor dislike them.
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    Options
    Then that’s a very fair response
  • Options
    I don't understand why the nerfs are a whale vs f2p issue. Do whales not use these toons to counter GLs in GAC and TW? Will they be happier with these toons nerfed? Are they even competing vs f2p in any venue where these changes are relevant?
Sign In or Register to comment.