[MEGA] Road Ahead: July 2021

Replies

• Worst road ahead ever Im usually very supportive of cg but this takes all the strategy out of the game I built a f2p account based on getting GAS who could counter gas and help me beat them on defense in gas and squad arena and then go for SEE but now I won't be able to climb squad arena against gls I understand you want the shiniest toons and hardest to get to be the most meta but they already are Its not like there are characters better than gls almost al gl counters are based of off stupid ai or some other mechanic. This takes all the theory crafting out of the game. Im very sad and I hope I get a full refund of all the character's gear I put in to get Gas.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    BryGuy2k wrote: »
    LordGrahck wrote: »
    I don't know if this has come up yet or not, but I'm curious about something.

If the non-GL counters are getting nerfed, and GLs are getting lumped in with Raid Bosses, does that mean that only a GL can do damage to a GL? Also, does this mean that you MUST use the GL as your lead as opposed to using a different toon's lead with the GL in the team, such as using JML under a JKR lead? What if you use one of these soon-to-be nerfed toons with a GL, such as Badstilla or Thrawn with SEE, will that mean that they won't be effective against the GL, even if they're in a group with one? Will the GL's be tweeked to allow these nerfed toons to work as they should under their leaderships?

Without GAS and JKL there is no JML squad that can take out another GL period

They said tanks are really good at r9, and JKL will now do true damage to tanks (ignoring defense), so he's better versus tanks

GAS still has his cooldown increase and max health reduction on toons that aren't GLs, and he still has some armor penetration, and dealing 2x damage to dazed enemies etc

JKL does a lot of damage to GLs now with Repulse (he does like ~200k damage to CRancor last time i used it)

Also, JML can still take out GLs using his lead special, dealing true damage = to his base protection times 0.6 (IIRC)

How can he not take out another GL?

JKL will be big for future f2p squads. Just because GAS doesn’t reduce max hp on GL doesn’t make him worthless. Also JKL is getting offense boost in general to make up for defense pen loss. Repulse will hit even harder.

From the looks of it. Rey is going to benefit the most from these changes. Thrawn is out the window which means you can barely slow down Ult. Vader culling blade will take much more dots to do viable damage. High tenacity/tanky Rey is gunna be dope.
  • Maybe this has been asked already but when Wat's weapon tech gets changed...

Won't that make SM in Phase 4 Geo TB DS much harder? Usually I would put weapon tech on Geo Spy and he would be hitting very hard, the concern is that without the damage boost this SM will become much harder.

Is it possible to add some other bonus to offset the loss of ignoring damage for cases such as Geo TB?
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Crayons wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Crayons wrote: »
    The one thing I can agree on

The have made going for CLS, Darth Revan, GAS, and JKL worthless. No one is gonna farm for all that time anymore. They’ll go straight to galactic legend.

All these wonderful characters will be bypassed.

Cls, gas and jkl are all prerequisites for GLs. Revans are debatable, but if you’re set on this strategy for gac, g12 revans/malak is low enough so it wont impact matchmaking and would give you very interesting characters that you’ll use on the field.

It’s not my strategy. I have GL’s so I’m good.

But you kinda made my point for me. They’re now just pre-req toons, when they were competitive. For example, I don’t have gas and JKL. Was about to start farming one of them as I finished slkr. Won’t bother now. Straight to next GL.

Straight to the next gl : If next gl is lord Vader, you’ll farm gas. If next gl is jml, you’ll farm jkl, cls, Han, chewie and 3po. Will you farm Chewpio to round up your 4 men Rebel squad ? Up to you. If you go for Rey or See you’re probably right not to farm jkl, gas nor cls for the moment, except if you follow a ‘let’s farm challenge 1 of every assault battle’ strategy’ (which I personally like). It’s not because GLs are the best units in the game that you don’t have important strategic decisions to make. On top of that, don’t forget the 4 sidekicks that GLs need to make a very powerful squad. Only kylo uses his prerequisites to make him shine.

So don’t worry, people will still farm all those great units. When and how high gear ? That’s a different question.

Chewpio (R5) is required for jml I am sure.
    So basically you own jml you have a reliced CLS squad...
  • Deathchino
    8 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Today I was pondering my next move after I finish SLKR...My plan was always to build out my Shaakti Clones...characters I enjoy from Clone wars and needed for that elusive KAM shard. But I found myself wondering "what is the point....They aren't GL's, and KAM isn't a GL".....

This to me, in addition to the huge hit to theory crafting and excitement, is the biggest issue with the changes. All of these characters you've spent money and time building are suddenly LESS than they were. It's not just the incoming nerfs. They made it pretty clear their INTENTION is that GL's will be a step above, and unassailable by non-gls . All the nerfs they must have known would upset the community are laser focused on this new vision.

I LOVE my CLS team and my Vader. These are the characters I grew up with. But like so many other great toons in this game, their ultimate potential and ceiling is now capped at "good against most everything else".

Everyone that is upset...just stop spending. Obviously there are huge whales playing this game....but CG needs the income from the minnows and dolphins as well. Look at how many 5-20 dollar packs they have been pushing lately. Those aren't targeted at the whales.

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    I finally got to watch the video and I actually laughed out loud at their attempts to justify the nerfs, so at least there's that.
  • Seeing these nerfs makes me think CG genuinely hate their player base and don't actually play this game. Seriously alienating anyone who is F2P or has spent little in their game.
  • CG won't be happy until it's just whales left.
    There is no point to nerf non GL toons, when people invest in those characters to take a balanced approach to differing game modes like pvp and galactic conquest, not to mention TWs and TBs.
    Seems it'd be a lot easier to simply have two different tiers for Grand Arena if that's the concern. One for GLs, one for non. You're automatically assigned tier 2, until you unlock a GL and qualify for tier 1, but what do the players know?
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Anyone who thinks they won't be able to beat a GL with JML is using him wrong. Or didn't actually read the changes.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • 03Chaos
    46 posts Member
    For a year+ they have been adding content modes that they claim are designed to encourage us to expand and develop or entire rosters...now this seems to require us to razor focus them.
  • I'll unlock JML tomorrow. Don't tell me I've spent months preparing my toons, and now his team gets nerfed. :(
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    I'll unlock JML tomorrow. Don't tell me I've spent months preparing my toons, and now his team gets nerfed. :(

It didn't.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    My dark trooper raised under false pretense would rather be g12 after the change

bzj916sic3xa.png
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Why would any of this info be given to us in some video? Put it all in one spot so I can read it quickly. I don’t have time to waste watching some vid. Get it together.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • TVF wrote: »
    Anyone who thinks they won't be able to beat a GL with JML is using him wrong. Or didn't actually read the changes.

JML + JKL and new repulse can’t kill GLs? LOL he will wipe the floor with SLKR.
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    The dark trooper isn’t going to be bad.

People honestly don’t read anything.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Brotherius wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

Read this thread, there's a ton of people that seem to think JML is now worthless lol.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Why would any of this info be given to us in some video? Put it all in one spot so I can read it quickly. I don’t have time to waste watching some vid. Get it together.

Semi-agreed. I enjoyed the video. But all the information should be in the post as well, and there's a bunch missing. How could that post not include things likes the dates for LV Requirements 2 and 3, or R9 coming?
  • TVF wrote: »
    Brotherius wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

Read this thread, there's a ton of people that seem to think JML is now worthless lol.

Worthless? Come on…another exaggeration on your part.
  • I assume you meant worth less.
  • Sweet. I appreciate being a ftp who just got told that all my work on non-GL toons to try to counter GLs was worthless.
  • It’s an interesting format, but the nerfs are ridiculous and egregious. Turning GLs into literal raid bosses is ridiculous. People spend so much time and resources to develop these off meta counters and these nerfs just spit in our faces for that. I think the community would suggest you guys take a serious look at this before you nerf all these characters that make the game really fun. I personally get the most enjoyment out of stretching my roster and getting those off meta counters working. I’m especially frustrated that I just finished my speed farm on Dark trooper and Relic’d him to see the nerf.

TLDR: Please take a hard 2nd look before you nerf all of the non-GL counters to GLs and turn them into raid bosses. Off-meta counters keep the game healthy- nerfing for power creep is what can end a game.
  • SSB
    72 posts Member
    How do you expect to change the GAC Matchmaking? As someone with 2 GLs won't have any changes against someone with 3 GLs

This was an area that we had specific concerns over and we will definitely be monitoring how this affects match ups in Grand Arena, encounters in Journey Guide events and everywhere else. I have put together a report of top concerns and questions from today's announcement for the team. Many of them are ones I or our testers have already raised.
    Zumwan wrote: »
    So, after reading all the comments here, I wonder if the Devs will ever read them or if they care about our opinion.
    Doja and I have read through every comment in this thread and many others. We have taken the constructive feedback to the team. I understand these changes feel frustrating but we are listening and we had many long conversations about how this impacts players before we decided on this plan.

Among them the other things that we don’t like about this RA, didn’t you say that you were only going to make us R8 good characters for the requirements? Why would you consider Boba Fett a good character? He and his ship are outdated and useless
  • @lifeisagame007
    Maybe this has been asked already but when Wat's weapon tech gets changed...
    Won't that make SM in Phase 4 Geo TB DS much harder? Usually I would put weapon tech on Geo Spy and he would be hitting very hard, the concern is that without the damage boost this SM will become much harder.
    Is it possible to add some other bonus to offset the loss of ignoring damage for cases such as Geo TB?

Yep. They added r9 so you can invest in your Spy. Are you not happy?