Sith Lord Vader next GL?

Replies

• Granolo wrote: »
    I'm glad some people like that the requirements include a good team. I would rather the requirements include good storytelling.

I think most people won't agree on that. You really would be happy having to relic TRASH characters like Tuskens, bloating your GP and putting you in a hard spot for GA and TW? I'm pretty sure most people disagree on that, everybody haterd to gear Rose Tico for Rey, and I've never seen someone use her on a decent, non-meme team.

No, the big problem with the BB it's not that it doesn't make sense, neither is the fact that it means 4 marquees as a req... It's the high gear requirement it implies. Having to farm about 2000 Kyros it's just insane, and it only shows how bad the gear grind is on this game, how little do the Devs care about players, only about how can they sell more. There clearly is no interest on helping players with the gear grind, it's only getting worse, and the fact that they said that Kyrotechs were implemented to aliviate the gear grind, only makes it more insulting.

I wouldn't classify requiring Rose for Rey as "good storytelling", considering they didn't interact at all in the movies. She really wasn't a part of Rey's journey
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    I think most people won't agree on that.

I didn't say it was popular. I said it was my opinion.
    You really would be happy having to relic TRASH characters like Tuskens, bloating your GP and putting you in a hard spot for GA and TW?

Yes. If and only if they're trash characters that were important in the development of Anakin towards the Dark Side.

Darth Sidius. Tuskens. Zam. (Mace, too, but he's not going to happen since he's a GLOW requirement.)

All of those are pretty terrible characters, but also decisively important to Anakin's development. I would take any of them over BB because those would be choices that respect the source material. I'm perfectly aware that's not the popular opinion, but it's my opinion.

Mace isn’t a requirement for JMK.
  • AlexanderG
    1927 posts Member
    Mace isn’t a requirement for JMK.[/quote]

Yes he is - at R3.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    Darth Sidius. Tuskens. Zam. (Mace, too, but he's not going to happen since he's a GLOW requirement.)

GLOW? Who is that?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Granolo wrote: »
    I'm glad some people like that the requirements include a good team. I would rather the requirements include good storytelling.

I think most people won't agree on that. You really would be happy having to relic TRASH characters like Tuskens, bloating your GP and putting you in a hard spot for GA and TW? I'm pretty sure most people disagree on that, everybody haterd to gear Rose Tico for Rey, and I've never seen someone use her on a decent, non-meme team.

No, the big problem with the BB it's not that it doesn't make sense, neither is the fact that it means 4 marquees as a req... It's the high gear requirement it implies. Having to farm about 2000 Kyros it's just insane, and it only shows how bad the gear grind is on this game, how little do the Devs care about players, only about how can they sell more. There clearly is no interest on helping players with the gear grind, it's only getting worse, and the fact that they said that Kyrotechs were implemented to aliviate the gear grind, only makes it more insulting.

I wouldn't classify requiring Rose for Rey as "good storytelling", considering they didn't interact at all in the movies. She really wasn't a part of Rey's journey

I believe we saw 2 different movie.
  • mariogsh
    783 posts Member
    Konju wrote: »

GLOW? Who is that?

An awful name for JMK
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    mariogsh wrote: »
    Konju wrote: »

GLOW? Who is that?

An awful name for JMK

Ahhh thanks for clearing up the confusion. What a “fetch” name.
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    AlexanderG wrote: »

Yes he is - at R3. [/quote]

For some reason, I thought it was Maul, not Mace. My apologies.
  • AlexanderG
    1927 posts Member
    khdelboy wrote: »

Yes he is - at R3.

For some reason, I thought it was Maul, not Mace. My apologies.[/quote]

No problem. Maul is needed for SEE, so maybe that's how they got mixed up.
  • AlexanderG wrote: »
    khdelboy wrote: »

Yes he is - at R3.

For some reason, I thought it was Maul, not Mace. My apologies.

No problem. Maul is needed for SEE, so maybe that's how they got mixed up. [/quote]

For clarity's sake we should probably start saying Darth Maul as we will soon have just Maul
  • MilHanso
    291 posts Member
    Well I'm with MasterSeedy in this one (and in all the stupid requirements in other toons) that there's no sense in requiring BB for LV. What? How can CG do this? This is outrageous!! It's unfair!!
    "You could warn me when I do something bad. Blink once for dark side, twice for light"
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    CG: We are obviously making you farm new toons that you don't have the shards for and all have higher kyro requirements
    Forums: *somehow shocked*
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I have a feeling Lord Vader will surpass all other GLs… this is why his requirements will be so high..
  • Kyno wrote: »

Did they interact? I could be mistaken but I don’t remember it. She’s about as important to Rey’s journey as any random person who was in the Resistance. I get that there weren’t really a lot of other characters in the game that would make sense as a requirement, but still wouldn’t classify that as good storytelling
  • EdSolo
    410 posts Member
    BB is the easy lazy choice for requirements. Three recently farmable toons for people to drop money on. The kicker is going to be the ship requirement. JMK required his capital ship, which makes sense. For Vader, we have very easy requirements for currently available ships, Anakin's figther or Vader's TIE. However, they just announced a new capital ship. Watch the requirement be 6* Executor, thus making Vader the hardest to get GL yet.
  • Drepd
    130 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

Did they interact? I could be mistaken but I don’t remember it. She’s about as important to Rey’s journey as any random person who was in the Resistance. I get that there weren’t really a lot of other characters in the game that would make sense as a requirement, but still wouldn’t classify that as good storytelling

They never interacted or even shared a scene together except for the 1 part where everyone is in a big room together.

If anything, you could say that Rose is a part of Finns journey which is to ultimately help Rey.

Saying she was a part of Reys journey though is like saying every other resistance char in the movie was part of Rey journey
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Rose at least fought with the Resistance with Rey
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    Drepd wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

They never interacted or even shared a scene together except for the 1 part where everyone is in a big room together.

If anything, you could say that Rose is a part of Finns journey which is to ultimately help Rey.

Saying she was a part of Reys journey though is like saying every other resistance char in the movie was part of Rey journey

And every resistance character in the game was part of Rey requirements. WAI ;)
  • EdSolo wrote: »
    BB is the easy lazy choice for requirements. Three recently farmable toons for people to drop money on. The kicker is going to be the ship requirement. JMK required his capital ship, which makes sense. For Vader, we have very easy requirements for currently available ships, Anakin's figther or Vader's TIE. However, they just announced a new capital ship. Watch the requirement be 6* Executor, thus making Vader the hardest to get GL yet.

I think you can count on 5 or 6* Executor being a requirement.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    BeralCator wrote: »
    EdSolo wrote: »

I think you can count on 5 or 6* Executor being a requirement.

That sounds almost too greedy even for CG, considering the steep requirements to even start the event. Almost...
  • Crayons
    565 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Too much in here to read to see if it’s been said.

But anyone else getting the vibe The Executor is gonna be an LV req?

I mean GL’s and capital ship reqs are not strangers. He is likely to be a beast GL. He’s already got some hella hard reqs first set.

I get the feeling the want him hard to get.
  • Crayons wrote: »
    Too much in here to read to see if it’s been said.

But anyone else getting the vibe The Executor is gonna be an LV req?

I mean GL’s and capital ship reqs are not strangers. He is likely to be a beast GL. He’s already got some hella hard reqs first set.

I get the feeling the want him hard to get.

I would count on it..
  • CG: We are obviously making you farm new toons that you don't have the shards for and all have higher kyro requirements

Even though this could be said to implicate me, I still think this is among the better points I've ever seen TVF make.
  • anyone else getting the vibe The Executor is gonna be an LV req?

Yep. I'm assuming that Executor is going to be a Lord Vader requirement.

I'm not predicting it with 100% certainty, but I do think it's the more likely scenario.
  • anyone else getting the vibe The Executor is gonna be an LV req?

Yep. I'm assuming that Executor is going to be a Lord Vader requirement.

I'm not predicting it with 100% certainty, but I do think it's the more likely scenario.

Yeah let's have an Empire Strikes Back ship for Revenge of the Sith Vader... It's sad how likely it is to be the case.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    CG: We are obviously making you farm new toons that you don't have the shards for and all have higher kyro requirements

Even though this could be said to implicate me, I still think this is among the better points I've ever seen TVF make.

Implicated!
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I'm actually surprised that they required 3 bb instead of two and another tuskin. At this point I hope they also add echo as a req but I doubt it.

I'd rather have all 4 as req than 3 and have to gear the 4th for a useful team anyway or be left with an incomplete team.

I'd bet malevolence is more likely needed than executor for lv. Executor is almost certainly going to be meta though so you'll need to get it anyway. So no reason for it to be a req.
  • MilHanso
    291 posts Member

:D:D:D

True!!
    "You could warn me when I do something bad. Blink once for dark side, twice for light"
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Hi Holotable Heroes,

We have an Update later today to add the second set of requirements for Lord Vader to the Journey Guide. We also have double drops starting on August 14th!
    Galactic Legends Lord Vader Requirements:
    Embo - Relic 5
    CT-210408 "Echo" - Relic 7
    Echo (Bad Batch) - Relic 5
    Count Dooku - Relic 8
    Zam Wesell - Relic 7

Double Drops
    In celebration of the newly announced Galactic Legend Lord Vader, all Dark Side battles are rewarding double drops on August 14th and August 15th!
    NOTE: This does not include Galactic Legends Event tickets

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/247995/lord-vader-requirements-group-2#latest
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • mesa176750
    663 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    *removed* lol