[MEGA] Road Ahead: July 2021

Replies

  • Starslayer
    1336 posts Member
    SerylT2 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Tanks really aren't good in this game right now

    Most of them are only good at pretaunting the first opening hit and then dying out afterwards

    That is why SEE will continue to ignore defense, and CAT will continue to have a one shot kill. Yes, these really back up your point on ignore defense being an issue and the relevance of tanks in the game. Please tell me you seriously are not buying that

    Both your examples are GL teams (cat’s annihilate without jmk is far less dangerous), so fair game considering their explanation.
  • Starslayer
    1336 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Brotherius wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Anyone who thinks they won't be able to beat a GL with JML is using him wrong. Or didn't actually read the changes.

    JML + JKL and new repulse can’t kill GLs? LOL he will wipe the floor with SLKR.

    Read this thread, there's a ton of people that seem to think JML is now worthless lol.

    He’s now the worst GL of them all. Here’s why:

    Rey is getting a boost to her kit to do insane damage and now has much better defensive viability. JML beating Rey relied on max health reduction, cool down reduction and the ability to eat through her defense. Both GAS and JKL got nerfed against GL’s. JML relies solely on supporting cast to do damage. Now that damage has been reduced so if Rey is able to get to her ultimate twice, it’s over.

    SEE vs JML? 98% win rate for SEE.

    JMK vs JML? You’re taking away damage and other viability so now that already shaky fight gets even more tuned to JMK.

    SLKR vs JML? SLKR is going to be tougher to beat now. GAS can no longer increase cool downs on crits to keep his AOE under control or reduce max health anymore, nor ignore defense.
    Luke is losing defense ignoring as well. It’s going to be much harder to take out SLKR before his ultimate now. So if that’s the case and it’s just JML vs SLKR, JML loses that 1v1 every time.

    Will he be worthless overall? No, he will still crush anyone non GL. He is now the worst GL and needs to be buffedrd for better GL 1v1 viability or at least make his ultimate charge a bit faster

    I don’t see why jml won’t be a hard counter to jmk anymore (on offense).

  • Thought CG has improved a lot over the past year or so, but oh well now they are trying to ruin all the fun again. At least be honest and tell us you want us to spend thousands in order to succeed, rather than making up all these ridiculous nonsense about "maintaining healthy meta in the long term." This is almost as ridiculous as the Ahnald account ban 2 years ago.
  • Starslayer
    1336 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Brotherius wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Anyone who thinks they won't be able to beat a GL with JML is using him wrong. Or didn't actually read the changes.

    JML + JKL and new repulse can’t kill GLs? LOL he will wipe the floor with SLKR.

    Read this thread, there's a ton of people that seem to think JML is now worthless lol.

    He’s now the worst GL of them all. Here’s why:

    Rey is getting a boost to her kit to do insane damage and now has much better defensive viability. JML beating Rey relied on max health reduction, cool down reduction and the ability to eat through her defense. Both GAS and JKL got nerfed against GL’s. JML relies solely on supporting cast to do damage. Now that damage has been reduced so if Rey is able to get to her ultimate twice, it’s over.

    SEE vs JML? 98% win rate for SEE.

    JMK vs JML? You’re taking away damage and other viability so now that already shaky fight gets even more tuned to JMK.

    SLKR vs JML? SLKR is going to be tougher to beat now. GAS can no longer increase cool downs on crits to keep his AOE under control or reduce max health anymore, nor ignore defense.
    Luke is losing defense ignoring as well. It’s going to be much harder to take out SLKR before his ultimate now. So if that’s the case and it’s just JML vs SLKR, JML loses that 1v1 every time.

    Will he be worthless overall? No, he will still crush anyone non GL. He is now the worst GL and needs to be buffedrd for better GL 1v1 viability or at least make his ultimate charge a bit faster

    I don’t see why jml won’t be a hard counter to jmk anymore (on offense).

    JML isn’t even a hard counter now lol

    My shard and guild mates would strongly disagree.
  • absolutly disgusting, as always :-/
  • This makes me sad... Nobody has ever said GLs aren't powerful enough. Grand arena is going to suffer big time from these nerfs and making the most fun mode in your game worse is never a good idea and won't help the long term health of the game, as they say. I know the community tends to overreact to everything CG does but this just just seems like such a poor decision... Again, makes me sad more than anything.
  • Starslayer
    1336 posts Member
    I wonder if cls will still be able to counter gas 501st with his new buffs as leader of the 501st.
  • WulW wrote: »
    For me this is the end of GC/TW - the only game mode i do enjoy now.

    I'm a type of player, that have 5 GL's now, but 5th have been obtained several days ago.

    My current GAC were looking like this: me with 4 GL's vs 7 people with 5 GL's. Ater nerfs it will looks like: my oponent will set all GLs at def = 100% insta win. ****?!?

    There will be 6th GL in a 2 months or so, and again i will be in a position of losing every GC - the same i have described abowe. And why you give back only relics from 8 to 5 or 8 to 7? If i knew my counters will not work at all, i would never gear them to g8+.

    TW is totaly the same. Guild with more GL's have 100% win.

    This totaly killed those game modes for me. And in a reason of no content in the game able to make players enjoyed to the game, they will simply quit. No new raids or so will be made, no possibility to farm/obtain g12/13 gear/relics materials. And this r9... this is worst road achead we could ever receive.

    Right now it is not worth to have any, literaly ANY unit geared unless it is needed to unlock GL, or work with GL team. This is a totaly joke in a game with 208 characters? I do think, that counters like Vader/IT = soft counter able to take down GL for 60 points is wrong, and should be changed, but killing every single counter is a move in a wrong direction.

    Let’s say you’re in d3(I’m guessing you’re not, but I have more easily access to d3/d4 numbers) where at least 2 GLs are not unexpected. They are 3 teams on each front row.

    If you use the strategy you’re proposing, you won’t have any GLs left to attack. So if your opponent put both his GLs on D, you won’t clear any of his front rows. You will still win if you have more GLs, because you will win 4 non-GLs fight when he will win less. So your total score will be : 1010(defenses)+240(4 wins)+1400(winner), so 2650 pts. Multiply by 12 games, 31800 pts if you stay undefeated. You still need 8200 more to reach kyber, feats won’t give you that much. So if this heavy defense strategy is the new norm, you won’t reach kyber. No one will, in this ‘at least 2 GLs’ situation. Which means it’s a very dangerous strategy, because it relies on the hope that your opponent will keep his GLs to attack. And if it’s not an efficient strategy, then maybe not all players will do that and it won’t be as simple as you think.

    Run this numbers in your division, you’ll probably end up with the same results.
  • Nauros
    4804 posts Member
    Agreed that it was hard to understand. I don't have any idea what the special GAC is actually about besides what was written out and I hardly caught anything about the next conquest. Either hire someone who can talk better or provide full information in text too.
  • half of my guild wants to delete the game if these nerfs will be done, you will lose a lot of f2p audience
  • crzydroid
    5976 posts Moderator
    BryGuy2k wrote: »
    crzydroid wrote: »

    Second, what does it matter if he gets to his ultimate? Both Lukes live through his ultimate anyway. I'm not sure what you're doing to end up with just JML vs SLKR. I've never seen that happen. In any case, just JKL vs SLKR is a win for Luke, and with JML with him it's no problem taking Kylo down. While they're nerfing Jedi's Will and that could be an issue, now that his special is doing 3x damage to GLs, it might be an argument for using that ability in this fight now and might help take him out pretty easily.

    The only way for SLKR to target GAS is when JML doesn’t have taunt which means you’re talking about JKR lead without Wat - every other JML squad has taunt up.

    JKL lead, actually. Fastest way to take down Kylo. Got some nice AoEs on the enemy team that can get all the adds to get countered to death.
  • Can I just say that the comments on "greed" strike me as funny.

    I don't support the current direction of the game as announced in the RA any more than the average commenter here, but CG is a corporation. They exist to make money. Programmers, whether they love Star Wars or not, have to eat and get health care, and maybe even rent an apartment in a high cost of living city.

    CG isn't any more greedy than the people who make Palmolive or Crest or bluetooth speakers or books.

    This is how capitalism works. If you want a game made by people who don't want to earn as much money as possible for the longest time period possible, then start your own nonprofit & see how far you get.

    To be clear, I'm not in favor of greed, but there's literally nothing CG has ever done that couldn't be done by the average middle manager anywhere in the USA.

    This is capitalism. It's how capitalism works. If you hat capitalism, okay, fine. There are other economic systems of organization out there which you could try. But if you work at a for profit corporation in a capitalist economy, or even if you just support them by spending your $$s on books and bluetooth speakers and toothpaste, you're making yourself look just a little silly screaming about greed here.

    There are things to criticize about this RA. One of those things is not how CG is abnormally greedy. They're a capitalist company in a capitalist system doing what capitalist companies do. You won't get anywhere by trying to make greedy into some uniquely antiCG insult.

    Make more effective arguments and maybe we can change things. Stick with yelling, "Greedy!" and nothing will.

    Tell this to for profit companies like GGG that also make good games and care about their players and ensure players' investments arent devalued.
  • TVF
    31071 posts Member
    edited July 26
    BryGuy2k wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    If you are coming down to 1v1 you're doing it wrong.

    But that is exactly what you’re going to get post GAS/JKL nerf.

    Lol
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of conquest. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    31071 posts Member
    Whaleathon wrote: »
    By doing this JML is probably going to be the worst GL in this game. Without GAS and JKL he is nothing.

    Lol
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of conquest. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • and i want to add a thing, dunno if the responsible of the game ever read this comment.
    You should have tryed to fidelize the f2p audience lowering down the prices of the items buyable, for example the intro pack 10 dollars instead of 100, or packeges of 25 dollars down to 5 dollars, to make f2p wanting to buy the items.
    But now u make a lot of f2p audience uninstall the game, this will be a whale game, with whales guilds fighting against each other, always with the same players till the game will die sooner than if you have choosen the first option. But ok the choice is yours, good luck then
  • Dear CG,

    I have fun (with ups and downs) playing your game for a few years now. You made some big changes along the way and it kept being fun. With this mindset, I still trust your decisions regarding the game, so I have nothing bad to say about this road ahead. Small ‘but’ coming up.

    But, when you make changes of this magnitude, please understand that people who invested in characters because they were gl counters (not my case) now have overgeared characters that will hurt their matchmaking and lost precious resources. Your offer to put gas back to r7 and dt back to r5 is a step in the right direction. However, maybe you can do better there; it won’t change the direction you’re willing to steer the game and would ease the pain.

    Your pal,
    Starslayer
  • CapD wrote: »
    Dammit CG. Watching today’s announcements all I could think was…

    - This will make the remaining stronger members of guilds have to decide between sticking with the people they’ve been with for years and our progress grinding to a halt, or leaving to find new guilds of strangers just because they’re whales. A BIG part of the reason ppl play this game is social. This is poison for social.



    I wouldn’t say this is the worst I’ve felt about this game, but after many years of playing it certainly does not feel good to have my time and effort spat on like this.

    Wanted to comment on this.

    I've been through a hell of a couple years. My guildmates have been there for me on Discord. I don't know if I'll keep playing, but I'll stay in the guild chat because I've made friends.

  • Whatelse73
    1165 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

    So while this has been an ongoing thing they wanted to do, and has been making things difficult to design around, the reason for "right now", from my understanding, is that r9 brought this to a head.

    This is in no way directed at you, Kyno. I know you're the messenger and I hope they review this and reconsider making a more detailed statement.

    If this is indeed the case, they should have explained it as such. Yes, people would still be upset, but if there was a reasoning behind the changes put out there, it might have been a bit easier to swallow. Without this information, the whole thing seems very arbitrary, especially with a "drop bad news on a Friday and let things fester unabated for a weekend" tactic. I wish they'd take the tactic of more information is better with this type of unprecedented en masse alteration of kits. Again, the base would be upset, but there might be more sympathy with the "why" being clearly explained.

    I agree that it would be nice if they shared more, but I don't think it would have had any effect on the response, it's just different words to say "for the future of the game"(which they said), but we will never know.

    I feel like you need a pay raise buddy. lol
  • Dear CG, after thinking this over for a few days and also looking at in depth explanations on why the “ignore defense” mechanic doesn’t scale the balance between attackers and tanks when adding more relic levels. There’s one obvious solution that doesn’t require any changes, just stop adding more relic levels. Super simple.
    Focus on adding more characters that the whales will throw their money on buying day one. This will help keeping the game relevant for years to come. New content. And you continue to make money. Win win.
    If remembering correctly one of the reasons why you added relics in the first place was because the constant adding of new gear levels made it difficult to balance characters. Don’t do the same mistake with adding new relic levels.
    Speaking of which, when you added relics to the game you also mentioned adding relic abilities to characters, when can we expect those to arrive? I believe they should have been thoroughly tested by now.
  • Ravens1113
    4016 posts Member
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Brotherius wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Anyone who thinks they won't be able to beat a GL with JML is using him wrong. Or didn't actually read the changes.

    JML + JKL and new repulse can’t kill GLs? LOL he will wipe the floor with SLKR.

    Read this thread, there's a ton of people that seem to think JML is now worthless lol.

    He’s now the worst GL of them all. Here’s why:

    Rey is getting a boost to her kit to do insane damage and now has much better defensive viability. JML beating Rey relied on max health reduction, cool down reduction and the ability to eat through her defense. Both GAS and JKL got nerfed against GL’s. JML relies solely on supporting cast to do damage. Now that damage has been reduced so if Rey is able to get to her ultimate twice, it’s over.

    SEE vs JML? 98% win rate for SEE.

    JMK vs JML? You’re taking away damage and other viability so now that already shaky fight gets even more tuned to JMK.

    SLKR vs JML? SLKR is going to be tougher to beat now. GAS can no longer increase cool downs on crits to keep his AOE under control or reduce max health anymore, nor ignore defense.
    Luke is losing defense ignoring as well. It’s going to be much harder to take out SLKR before his ultimate now. So if that’s the case and it’s just JML vs SLKR, JML loses that 1v1 every time.

    Will he be worthless overall? No, he will still crush anyone non GL. He is now the worst GL and needs to be buffedrd for better GL 1v1 viability or at least make his ultimate charge a bit faster

    I don’t see why jml won’t be a hard counter to jmk anymore (on offense).

    JML isn’t even a hard counter now lol

    My shard and guild mates would strongly disagree.

    Really? Because a hard counter is one that is almost a guaranteed win when your team is of equal power or an understandable punch up to the opponent. For a long time, JML has been a hard counter to SLKR. Sith Trio to Geo’s and MonMama, CLS to Padme, DR to CLS, etc.

    If what you claim is true, why have I not beaten a single JMK team using multiple JML compositions? Especially now with CAT.
  • Konju
    1123 posts Member
    I wouldn’t classify JML as a hard counter to JMK, but a soft counter for sure (potentially the “best” counter outside of mirror matches).

    Since remodding after my struggles with Day 1 CAT comps, I have only lost 2 battles to JMK using JML (one of which the JMK squad was modded a bit slower and therefore I had misplays with increasing cooldowns too early). All that said, there’s a point in each of the battles where I know I have it won, I never find it a guaranteed win entering the battle like other hard counters out there. Therefore, I would label it a soft counter.
  • Ravens1113
    4016 posts Member
    Konju wrote: »
    I wouldn’t classify JML as a hard counter to JMK, but a soft counter for sure (potentially the “best” counter outside of mirror matches).

    Since remodding after my struggles with Day 1 CAT comps, I have only lost 2 battles to JMK using JML (one of which the JMK squad was modded a bit slower and therefore I had misplays with increasing cooldowns too early). All that said, there’s a point in each of the battles where I know I have it won, I never find it a guaranteed win entering the battle like other hard counters out there. Therefore, I would label it a soft counter.

    Exactly, as it stands, every GL can beat JMK on defense, but it takes proper modding, the right team comps and specific move order/targeting.
    None of them are guaranteed wins though so as you said, soft counter
  • AlexanderG
    1172 posts Member
    edited July 26
    Blimey!

    Edit* thankfully that was taken down! 😬
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Brotherius wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Anyone who thinks they won't be able to beat a GL with JML is using him wrong. Or didn't actually read the changes.

    JML + JKL and new repulse can’t kill GLs? LOL he will wipe the floor with SLKR.

    Read this thread, there's a ton of people that seem to think JML is now worthless lol.

    He’s now the worst GL of them all. Here’s why:

    Rey is getting a boost to her kit to do insane damage and now has much better defensive viability. JML beating Rey relied on max health reduction, cool down reduction and the ability to eat through her defense. Both GAS and JKL got nerfed against GL’s. JML relies solely on supporting cast to do damage. Now that damage has been reduced so if Rey is able to get to her ultimate twice, it’s over.

    SEE vs JML? 98% win rate for SEE.

    JMK vs JML? You’re taking away damage and other viability so now that already shaky fight gets even more tuned to JMK.

    SLKR vs JML? SLKR is going to be tougher to beat now. GAS can no longer increase cool downs on crits to keep his AOE under control or reduce max health anymore, nor ignore defense.
    Luke is losing defense ignoring as well. It’s going to be much harder to take out SLKR before his ultimate now. So if that’s the case and it’s just JML vs SLKR, JML loses that 1v1 every time.

    Will he be worthless overall? No, he will still crush anyone non GL. He is now the worst GL and needs to be buffedrd for better GL 1v1 viability or at least make his ultimate charge a bit faster

    I don’t see why jml won’t be a hard counter to jmk anymore (on offense).

    JML isn’t even a hard counter now lol

    My shard and guild mates would strongly disagree.

    Really? Because a hard counter is one that is almost a guaranteed win when your team is of equal power or an understandable punch up to the opponent. For a long time, JML has been a hard counter to SLKR. Sith Trio to Geo’s and MonMama, CLS to Padme, DR to CLS, etc.

    If what you claim is true, why have I not beaten a single JMK team using multiple JML compositions? Especially now with CAT.

    Not to be that person but if you can’t beat JMK with JML at all you are probably doing something wrong … the counter is highly consistent even with R8s / god mod JMKs
Sign In or Register to comment.