Solicitation for Topics of Interest

Replies

• Kyno wrote: »
    Nauros wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Konju wrote: »
    Kyno is citing words as proof while Nauros is citing actions as proof.

While I am sure there is some level of care the devs have for the game, it doesn’t always show up in action. The TW matchmaking is a mechanic that needs addressing (match GP AND # of participants—average GP). The issue remains no matter how much the devs care.

No, I just find no need to cite actions we have all seen.

Thank you for understanding that they do care.

If there ever was any doubt about whether they care about player experience or money, the RA definitely removes it. Nuff said.

Changes made for longevity of the game, shows they dont care.... interesting.

How are the changes made for the longevity of the game Kyno ? I see a massive player disengagement over the few next months, and a game with a shrinking community has no future.

That’s my opinion but I d love to know how you think those are changes for the future...
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Konju wrote: »
    Kyno is citing words as proof while Nauros is citing actions as proof.

While I am sure there is some level of care the devs have for the game, it doesn’t always show up in action. The TW matchmaking is a mechanic that needs addressing (match GP AND # of participants—average GP). The issue remains no matter how much the devs care.

No, I just find no need to cite actions we have all seen.

Thank you for understanding that they do care.

If there ever was any doubt about whether they care about player experience or money, the RA definitely removes it. Nuff said.

Changes made for longevity of the game, shows they dont care.... interesting.

Oh come on. The defense penetration changes are the only part that could be justified by that. Then there's new grind, even more new grind and disabling cheaper counters to GLs. No new playable content, no QOL, no word on most pressing issues the community has. They couldn't be more obvious in their priorities, no matter how much you parrot their words.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    I think this " They don't care" sentiment, if it's really unjustified, stems mostly from a lack of information. So we can loop back on topic with this: I would like to get more insight into what goes on at CG. Kind of like the Developer Insight we get for characters, but for other updates too. I think the RA could be accepted better if we got some sound logic behind how exactly does disabling counters open up "sub-GL" design space. Or why is r9 necessary now, or even at all. Or how/if they are going to deal with ongoing issues with ships, when they are putting such heavy requirements on them.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I think this " They don't care" sentiment, if it's really unjustified, stems mostly from a lack of information. So we can loop back on topic with this: I would like to get more insight into what goes on at CG. Kind of like the Developer Insight we get for characters, but for other updates too. I think the RA could be accepted better if we got some sound logic behind how exactly does disabling counters open up "sub-GL" design space. Or why is r9 necessary now, or even at all. Or how/if they are going to deal with ongoing issues with ships, when they are putting such heavy requirements on them.

Agreed, let's get back "on topic".

I thought this was one of the more information heavy RAs we have had,and including the responses they have made, some of the most "background" thoughts on what is going on.

There is always going to be a tug of war between players and devs about development and the pace, players will very rarely want things that push development, and the devs are always going to push development. So many of your questions are just going to fall into that area, and hearing them say they want to push players to develop is not really going to satisfy.

If they push to have 2 very distinct scales of characters, how would that not make it easier to develop a toon that fits into either one? As an example with this change, they could make a squad that can rival 501st, but dont have to make them beefy (or complicated) enough that they would also be at the very top of the meta (just like the 501st is not any more).
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member

Agreed, let's get back "on topic".

I thought this was one of the more information heavy RAs we have had,and including the responses they have made, some of the most "background" thoughts on what is going on.

There is always going to be a tug of war between players and devs about development and the pace, players will very rarely want things that push development, and the devs are always going to push development. So many of your questions are just going to fall into that area, and hearing them say they want to push players to develop is not really going to satisfy.

If they push to have 2 very distinct scales of characters, how would that not make it easier to develop a toon that fits into either one? As an example with this change, they could make a squad that can rival 501st, but dont have to make them beefy (or complicated) enough that they would also be at the very top of the meta (just like the 501st is not any more).

They already have 2 distinct scales of characters, they are just pushing them further apart. They are opening some power level space (and already expanding into it with the buffs to GAS), but that is basically a whole another dimension orthogonal to design space - you can have similar designs at different power level or vice versa. The only design space I see opening is for specific "GL killers", a niche that is already filled now by the characters they are nerfing.
  • Really wish I could gear down certain characters (my dumb butt geared Bossk to r7 and inflated my gp in additional embarrassing ways when I first started playing). I do understand there are implications like having gear reqs to unlock certain characters.
    But golly what I would do for those mats from Bossk to put on Boba or something.
  • Why they wont compensate people affacted by this change? I'm not talking about R8->R7 because this is just silly. I'm obviously not talking about full gear compensations -> just something so I dont feel bad that I went for those characters
  • papaofmom wrote: »
    Why they wont compensate people affacted by this change? I'm not talking about R8->R7 because this is just silly. I'm obviously not talking about full gear compensations -> just something so I dont feel bad that I went for those characters

Because they are also relic reqs for gls. So they can't take them down beyond relic 7, notice for dark trooper, not (yet) a gl req they took him down to relic 5
  • Tusken Hound
    I’m sure someone has suggested that along with one other Tusken to round out a faction
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Tusken Hound
    I’m sure someone has suggested that along with one other Tusken to round out a faction

Yes, bring the sand doggo! Especially now that at least one Tusken is required for a GL, not even having a full team goes one step beyond the usual "useless" requirements.
  • Nauros wrote: »
    Tusken Hound

Yes, bring the sand doggo! Especially now that at least one Tusken is required for a GL, not even having a full team goes one step beyond the usual "useless" requirements.

Haha sand doggo I like that.
    Heck they could even have him as a summon character. Have like a beastmaster type character or something. Idk, there are certainly options though.
  • Tuskens need a Bantha tank imo.
  • What if when completing the Fulcrum Prestigious Quest you received a 7* Agent Kallus? That would be pretty sweet to incorporate character or ship rewards. Incentive for me to finally gear up Cassian Andor
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    What if when completing the Fulcrum Prestigious Quest you received a 7* Agent Kallus? That would be pretty sweet to incorporate character or ship rewards. Incentive for me to finally gear up Cassian Andor

Quests are designed to be optional and therefore do not have rewards like that. They are meant to be for titles and badges.
  • How do you quality control check releases and updates? Do you have a Test environment equivalent to 'production' and/or set of known issues you check for before rolling out an update? We know there is a test/beta environment with new objects (r9) for future features, but how are live game releases vetted?
  • Notification icon for each chat, ie guild and individual.
  • Would it be possible to scale down the size of the opposing capital ship (outside of mirror matches) involving the executor? It's just jarring to see the extremely different scales of size. Obviously not to the literal scale they ought to be, the executor is simply to big for that, but scale them down a bit so they don't look the same size?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Would it be possible to scale down the size of the opposing capital ship (outside of mirror matches) involving the executor? It's just jarring to see the extremely different scales of size. Obviously not to the literal scale they ought to be, the executor is simply to big for that, but scale them down a bit so they don't look the same size?

Do we really need to worry about this when the in-game X-wing is roughly the same size as Falcon? The scale of ships is completely off since day one.
  • Nauros wrote: »
    Would it be possible to scale down the size of the opposing capital ship (outside of mirror matches) involving the executor? It's just jarring to see the extremely different scales of size. Obviously not to the literal scale they ought to be, the executor is simply to big for that, but scale them down a bit so they don't look the same size?

Do we really need to worry about this when the in-game X-wing is roughly the same size as Falcon? The scale of ships is completely off since day one.

Yes, but the difference in scale between the capital ships is way way way more severe then that
  • Can Lobot get a droid tag, please? Light side droids need a leader and he's got droids for brains...
  • Eliaslundrsg
    2 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Hello, I never got my r8 gear from the roll back to r7 for general skywalker. I contacted ea support but they said the could not do anything about it. Please help!
  • Hermit Maul
    Can seduce light side allies or something
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Hermit Maul

Inflicts Blind on enemies as well.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Hello there and thanks for reading.

I want to make a few suggestions that i think are good for the survival of the game, so here we go:

-First there is one thing that makes lot of new players quit the game: simulation tickets.
    They are a nightmare until level 60 and i am sure they do not give you money, so i think is a good idea to remove them.

-Another thing is to accelerate shard farming for ships as it is for characters.

-Last a controversial one: accelerating farming of gear. I know this probably gives you lot of money and you are not going to listen but there is a huge number of characters plus more on the way and they all need an insane amount of gear. The game is becoming imposible for everyone but whales and people that have been since the first day 24/7 playing. Even more since relics.

Please consider my proposals, at least the first and the second one.
    Thanks for your time.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    flexxuz wrote: »
    Hello there and thanks for reading.

I want to make a few suggestions that i think are good for the survival of the game, so here we go:

-First there is one thing that makes lot of new players quit the game: simulation tickets.
    They are a nightmare until level 60 and i am sure they do not give you money, so i think is a good idea to remove them.

-Another thing is to accelerate shard farming for ships as it is for characters.

-Last a controversial one: accelerating farming of gear. I know this probably gives you lot of money and you are not going to listen but there is a huge number of characters plus more on the way and they all need an insane amount of gear. The game is becoming imposible for everyone but whales and people that have been since the first day 24/7 playing. Even more since relics.

Thanks for your time.

I disagree with your first point. Without them we’d all have to manually do each battle to farm things. Having to go through each battle to get ANYTHING done would probably cause more people to quit than sim tickets cause new players to quit. I agree with the other two points though.

• Xcien wrote: »

Thanks for your time.

I disagree with your first point. Without them we’d all have to manually do each battle to farm things. Having to go through each battle to get ANYTHING done would probably cause more people to quit than sim tickets cause new players to quit. I agree with the other two points though.

I'm pretty sure what they're suggesting is to just remove the sim ticket system altogether and allow players to sim nodes without requiring anything. Not remove the ability to sim. But to that point I think the sim tickets are just built into the system and can't be removed
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Xcien wrote: »

Thanks for your time.

I'm pretty sure what they're suggesting is to just remove the sim ticket system altogether and allow players to sim nodes without requiring anything. Not remove the ability to sim. But to that point I think the sim tickets are just built into the system and can't be removed

Okay, in that case I’m fine.

• Xcien wrote: »
    Hermit Maul

Inflicts Blind on enemies as well.

Yo though I love this, the more I think about it the better it feels. Some unaligned force user stuff, mentor something, sneak attack. I don’t know I’m not that creative but could be dope.
  • You guys decide to rework conquest because some people was finishing it to fast.. i get that, but whats with people that work 12 hours a day, have family and dont have fortune to spend on refresh ??? The conquest was perfect as it was, for us atleast..and you killed it ! Just like u killed the way to obtain some of the caracthers and ships, just so you can make money of it.. you nerfed Vader, Wat, Gas.. and you want to know something new and not FIX old problems.. i know few games that were doing the same.. they all went down.. other day i checked game launcher statistic, and in 32 week number of players on Samsung went from 100 k to 52 k.. if i was you, i would be worry..
This discussion has been closed.