[MEGA] Road Ahead: July 2021

Replies

• GLs require a large amount of time and resources to unlock and their place in the meta should reflect the difficulty involved in unlocking them. They are late-game units and it makes sense they would be commensurate in power and effectiveness to their status as late-game roster acquisitions that take a lot of effort to acquire.

Understandable. So make them more powerful and let GAS be GAS, Vader be Vader, JKL be JKL against other non-GLs. Or note on the characters that you are planning to nerf "reduced effects while facing GLs". But at least let them be what they are now vs others.

• Doja and I spent most of the weekend gathering sentiment and feedback regarding the Road Ahead. Below are some of the most recurring comments we noticed, and hopefully the following responses will help clarify some of the questions and concerns you have.

We also appreciate the vast majority of you separating the video format from the news contained within the message. Hopefully we can deliver more videos in the future and work toward expanding the ways we interact with the SWGoH community.

Galactic Legends and non-GL counters/interactions:

The community has always been excellent at puzzle-solving, theory-crafting, and finding ways to maximize the effectiveness of their rosters. The changes are meant to not only allow for more design space for powerful characters below Galactic Legends, but also to prevent situations in which a non-GL could one-shot or otherwise severely and regularly reduce the effectiveness of a Galactic Legend.

As we mentioned in the video, changing characters post launch is a last resort. There needs to be a balance between how consistent a counter is and how powerful the squad they are facing is in comparison. This is not just for squads with GLs, but for any squad that is able to counter another. For a healthy balance to the meta, counters should require a similar amount of resources to the team they can beat, whether that’s mods, gear/relic level, and/or specific units.

GLs require a large amount of time and resources to unlock and their place in the meta should reflect the difficulty involved in unlocking them. They are late-game units and it makes sense they would be commensurate in power and effectiveness to their status as late-game roster acquisitions that take a lot of effort to acquire.

Difficulty of Events Post-Character Changes:

We are reviewing existing Journey Guide events for any unintentional side effects. Our goal is to keep these events around the same level of difficulty as before.

Three of the characters had specific updates to their kits to maintain the character’s utility as a high-end unit in other areas of the game, such as PvE events, etc. General Skywalker, for example, had things added to his kit because we wanted to offset the changes and make sure he remained highly effective - especially when leading a full 501st squad - in other areas of the game.

Executor Requirements:

We saw a lot of discussion surrounding the requirements for Executor and it’s place in the fleet meta. It is our intention that the Executor will be commensurate in power to the difficulty involved in acquiring it.

---

I hope this response sheds some light on our perspective. We will continue to escalate your feedback to the team and be here to answer as many questions as possible.

1. Are these changes going to buff the GLs in Conquest? On normal mode they are difficult enough to beat without one of the good purple disks. The same applies to GAS who is a pain in the backside and regularly features with 501st as well as a boss battle.

2. So we wait all this time for a BH capital ship and lock it behind insane GL-level requirements? Why can't Piett and Fett be relic 7?

The majority of your playerbase doesn't have access to aeromagnifiers, so all you are doing is making the whales and the players in top guilds even stronger. It is difficult enough to stay in top 50 in my arena shard now. When those players start using Executors, I won't stand a chance.
  • Changes are concerning and come across as scummy but thanks for doing a good job communicating Doja fett and crumb
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Perhaps another idea would be a version of GAC where GL's are locked out? People choose to play one or the other and if you play with no GL's, they aren't available for offense or defense, then they don't become an issue and theorycrafting is all about beating teams without worrying about GL's being in the way.

Would just punish / encourage players not to go for multiple GLs (just get 1 for arena and that's it)

GL's are still needed in TB, TW, Conquest, Galactic Challenges, etc. There are plenty of other game modes that provide an encouragement to have GL's. Giving them the option to take GL's out of GAC battles might motivate players to do more than just join and autodeploy the whole time, or set the big screw you defenses. It'll bring back theorycrafting of pre-GL times.

So, my relic’d rose, res pilot and old Poe will be match against your relic’d Sith trio ? Your proposition means that as long as I have 1 gl, I will have a really hard time if I don’t choose the gl division. Not much of a choice…
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nick_74 wrote: »
    Looooki wrote: »
    Sooooo let's get this out of the way ...

Has CG replied to any of the post yet ?
    Is Doja leaving CG ? Why the silence and crumb taking the lead ?
    When is the update dropping (Specific date)

And I guess the most important question ??
    - what data is CG using to arrive at this conclusion in the road ahead ?

Yes they have.

No. Because 1 - he is the lead, 2 - a little bit of not our business, not being rude, just saying people have lives.

No date yet.

Testing on relic levels.
    I Can understand that you need to do some changes but I don’t get the many of the nerfs like Thrawn and C 3po, how can this be related to relic levels?

Also if you read the comment it pretty clear that relic 9 is not wanted at this time especially since even the biggest whales are having a hard time reaching relic 8.

If my personal income was depending of a game like this and I got such a massive negative feedback I would be very worried

The defense ignoring and such is what is based on relic levels, some of the other changes were based on making/keeping GLs in the tip tier vs counters requiring lower investment (their words not me defending anything).

There will always be conflict when it comes to pushing development and the pace that which it can happen. Just like good character levels, shouldn't high level relic be harder to get or take longer? (Not taling about the other pinch points along the way)

The game is always dying, and each thing will always be the last straw. They look at the constructive feedback and they do their best to advocate for what they can when things like this happen. Unfortunately the player base is not always going to have the knowledge or wherewithal to gauge long term effects or future content/additions. Or the ability this may grant devs to make new toons at many levels more efficiently or possibly update older toons. This is not the players fault or anything like that, it's just the nature of being on the outside. I am also not saying this is right or the only way it could be. Or anything like that.

Kyno nobody has issues with rebalancing due to interactions with defense. That’s fine. However based on crumbs posts and the RA video itself, it’s clear they’re doing this to also neutralize non GL counters. That’s not ok, especially when after over a hundred pages regarding SEE and troopers, posts about JML vs DR, etc all of it was deemed WAI and ok by the devs. They had given it the green light and people invested specifically for counters to GL’s. Now they’re actively taking that investment away.

As for the gear crunch, sure the newest thing should be the hardest to obtain sure. Unfortunately there’s hasn’t been any alleviation from GEAR 8 gear crunches… when getting from g8 to G12 is still an insufferable grind, more progression is not ok. When getting from G12 to G13 is still an insufferable grind, more progression is not ok. When getting from G13 to R7 is still a massive grind, more progression is not ok. When getting from R7 to R8 is a huge resource sink and only several months old, more progression is not ok. Getting from R8 to R9 is going to be a massive resource dump if R8 is any indication, and what’s more they keep forcing us to use the same relic materials all the way from R1 through R8. Every single piece is the same beyond R5. Carbonite boards, bronzium wiring, chromium transistors, heatsinks, electrium conductors, zimbiddles and of course the signal data’s….that’s just relic.

Come on Kyno, I get you defending them as par the course but there’s nothing you can say to justify even more progression when G8 gear is still an issue 5 years into the game.

I was specifically speaking to the player talking about intro of 9 when 8 is hard to get and expressed that, but that's for ignoring that and saying I am in any way defending anything about gear levels. Cheers.

And I touched on that. R8 to R9 should still be difficult. Even getting to R8 should be tougher but any other mobile game in existence, even MSF with how money hungry and greedy they are have made gear progression easier as your time in the game goes on. Blue and purple gear? Used to be massive choke points like their G13 uniques and G15 currently are. Now? Purple gear is nothing. Getting to G12 is only bottlenecked by gold and training mats; which one will more available than the other, balancing it out over time.

CG hasn’t done that. At all. They’ve actually made the grind from G8-g13 worse with the introduction of kyro techs. Another 2 gear pieces to farm under the guise of it “alleviating the stun gun crunch” lmao nope, still there! Just worse now.

What you’re missing the point on even with the person you were talking to is that it’s not an issue of a several month old gear level being hard to obtain. It’s a 5 year old gear issue still being a massive choke point.

I’m sorry but listening to crumb dance around the question regarding the gear economy in that podcast was the most disingenuous and maddening thing from that whole segment. He’s literally saying that they know how to get more gear to us but don’t want to because they don’t want to completely lose those bottlenecks at lower levels over time. Excuse me? I get keeping those bottlenecks in place so new accounts don’t just gear up in one week, but players that have been in the game for a year or two, let alone since day one, should not be unable to bring characters to G12 with little inconvenience given the bottlenecks still in place at G12, G12+, G13 and every relic level.

But you are wrong, they have dealt with it "naturally" like they said they are sticking to, at the moment. That is why we have increased income of many pieces over time. Yes this was been fairly in line with the need, which keeps the pace where it is, but that is also needed. We have not slowed in any of these incomes which would be a sign of them not doing anything to address this.

I am also disheartened by the direct statement that we will not see more of a distinct action to deal with gear (although I have been suspecting as such from the discussions I have had/seen), but I still think there are still possibilities for them to deal with this through existing game modes.

I have not listened yet, but I get that, they still want a development cycle in the early stages like we had then.

Also, their “natural” fixes haven’t done anything to specifically target gear crunches that are hindering us all. Crumb mentioned Conquest and GC’s….umm no that doesn’t guarantee even crunch gear rewarded when you have mk4 carbs and guns in the prize boxes and nerf the rewards as you progress rather than reward more. Same for GC’s as that’s more tuned for mod slicing materials.

What natural things? The daily prize box? I’m sorry I think it’s been almost a month since I saw mk5 guns, mk3 cuffs or mk8 biotech as a prize from there.

Kyro’s? That made the gear grind WORSE. Not better

Raid rewards? The same tank rewards in both HAAT and HSTR? Mk6 thermals? Mk4 holodiscs. Mk10 and 11 weapontechs? To this day the best rewards are in the normal Rancor Raids. Crancor is a mixed bag because you could end up with G5 gear or something as great as fully crafted mk5 gun or kyro templates. However to this day I’ve gotten none of that. The best I got was fully crafted G12 gear like the mk12 blast armor.

Where’s the natural help?

How to actually fix it?

Daily challenge rewards? Oh look a solution….

Guaranteeing gear drops or upping the drop rates? I mean….that could work too.

Reworking prize boxes in current game modes? That could work too

There’s several ways for the to do it. They can do it. What they lack is will or the capacity

How early does a player get r3 or r5? Having enough characters to do daily challenges doeant really sound like a later stage of a roster.

What current prize boxes have an sort of real divide? Basically Conquest is the only one.

There are not several ways that actually offer any divide, which is what they seem to be looking for.

Ahnald has a completely F2P account that’s 9 months old and has only 2 toons at R5. He has 3 or 4 more at G12 and the rest are scattered gear levels. He said it’ll be at least a couple
    More months before he will have a full team of g13 characters. So to get enough toons for those next level of daily challenges, it would take 18-24 months to get enough toons for those levels. You mean after 2 years players shouldn’t have access to relief from the G8 through g11 gear crunch?

At what GP?

Also, if there is a place to make it easier to get past a punch point, those will likely be added to a planned farming guide and be happening quicker than the estimate there. Also, once you hit one team, it makes getting the rest of the toons get there quicker, which is something they would need to balance in a situation like this.

Not saying it's not a possibility, but it's not "oh just do this" simple, like you say it is.

We also dont know where they really want that line to be. I suspect it's more GP than time based, but that is a guess, and I suspect Conquest will be used,as it's new and has a threshold.

Umm no that’s not true. For the daily challenges you need tanks, attackers and support/healers for each one respectively. A full team of 5 has a mixture of both. You need 15 toons to handle those challenges.

Also I believe he is at 1 mil GP just about because he is specifically farming for SLKR, he only has KRU and Hux at R5. OGKylo, FOTP and FOSTP are G12. All others are G11 through G8 for FO. The rest of his roster I believe is around G9/10. That’s after almost a year with dedicated F2P farming. You mean to tell me he’s gonna get 15 toons to R3 by years end? Stahp. That’s him not spending a dime. Can others get there faster? Sure, if they spend. Which…isn’t there the point?

We all know where CG wants the crunch to be at. This dancing around the question is old. And I mean OLD. That’s why I’m seeing people on here, including myself who spent a fair amount of money on this game go F2P over this. I’m glad. I sincerely hope this affects their bottom dollar enough where they finally wake up and cut the nonsense already.

I’m not going to pay my hard earned money on a game where my monetary and in game investments are trivialized by arbitrary nonsense and constant flip flopping policy on their end. I can’t tell you how happy I am that I waited to splurge on my 4th GL to see what Lord Vader had in store for us. Saved myself quite a bit of coin.

I am aware how they work, how many attackers are in the SLKR requirements, and I dont think they have a requirement on the number of toons, but they could add that.

So once you break open that door, you are accelerating farming right there at that point. Again, just saying those in particular are not as simple as you make it seem, but we can move on.

Yes that’s the point, once you reach a certain point in your roster development, specific gear should be easier to get. You do realize the mk3 carbs are in various locations including the daily challenges and that’s still a choke point in gear farming l, albeit very lower compared to other gear pieces?
    You mean to tell me that putting Mk5 stun guns in the tank challenge, mk3 cuffs in the support/healer challenge and mk8 biotech components in the attacker challenge at that relic level entry is too much? You’d literally be bringing those 3 gear pieces on par with mk3 carbantis. Would it be an immediate roster boost to G12? No you still need to pick and choose where to use that gear and on who but it alleviates the gear crunch up to G12. You’d still have G12, G12+, G12 finishers and all the relic materials as your choke points….how is that not only creating the jumping divide point they’d want, or making it too easy to get too much gear too early….my lord I feel like I’m talking to a wall here whether it’s you or the dev team and their instance in acting like all is fine

But what if that point is different than you wsnt it to be, because you are putting it fairly early, which they seem to be saying they dont want to do. So again, just not as simple as you say.

How is that easy to require 15 characters at R3? Unless you drop a ton of money on a new account (a win for CG) it will take you at least 2 years to get to that point. Even if you bought the hyperdrive bundle maybe that cuts you down to 18 months. Maybe!

If you’re saying CG doesn’t want to ease up day one crunches even a little then they’ve been lying to us for awhile when they’ve said they’re going to change things. Adding 50-60 of those pieces per week (what you currently get with Mk3 carbs) is not breaking the economy, if it did I would be flush with those. As it stands I’m always running short on those but I can refill it quicker. See? Balance.

There’s other options too like making guaranteed slots in stores for those gear types. There’s a finite number of GET, Guild and GAC currency to go around.

I’m sorry they’ve done nothing meaningful to ease the gear crunch since day one. Whenever we get any kind of minute relief they stack on another gear progression requiring the same type of gear or release characters requiring so much more of the same.

Their big relief was adding kyros to the game? HA! They made the gear crunch worse. They actually made the gear economy worse with the introduction of kyros. Every single character requires no less than 200 pieces of kyro (both pads and prods combined) and usually more. They also still require cuffs, guns, carbs and biotech salavge.

They’re out of excuses Kyno. They backed themselves into a corner with this dancing around the gear economy. There’s absolutely nothing they can tell us that would have an ounce of truth to it when it’s been 9 months since they said they’re actively looking at the gear economy long and hard. After 9 months they have nothing? Yeah, ok. Sure. 👌🏻

1 event does not require 15 toons. I am not saying that they couldnt work out some plan using challenges, just pointing out that the whole "just do it" doesnt account for all the details they would focus on, and doesnt create the separation they seem to be looking for.

I am not making any excuses, just pointing out details that dont make this simple.

I have not said they dont want to, they have said they want to and will do it in an existing event, and not with a new event or an overhaul to the system like the chards got.

I'm sure you have all the details and understand the economic balance they are trying to hit, while also keeping the line they want to keep....

If they did nothing it would be worse, and honestly it's not, despite the higher need. They have been jeeping it neutral which requires action, and as you develop and manage your resources, you can use that to your advantage.

You need 15 characters for the 3 daily challenges. 5 a piece. I can’t use KRU for the strength challenge just like I can’t use JKL for the tactical challenge. So you need to develop 15 characters for those challenges. And adding mk3 cuffs, mk5 guns and mk8 biotech components (one to each challenge not all 3) you only alleviate up to G12 over a long period of time. You only alleviate 1/3 of the problem if you’re starting from the bottom or are a newer to mid level player. You still have the g12, g12+, finishers, kyros and relic material standing in your way….

And “natural” changes is the same as doing nothing directly. The only direct thing they’ve done to alleviate the gear grind is add kyrotech which made it worse. Adding more gear progression and gear requirements while not alleviating any old bottlenecks is not remaining neutral. It’s acting in the negative. The crunch is getting worse. Not staying the same. If they stayed neutral then R9 wouldn’t be coming. Multiple R7/R8 toons required for a single unit unlock wouldn’t be the new norm.

Also, saying it takes time? This has been an ongoing issue for YEARS. This isn’t like it’s a week or even month old issue. The gear economy has needed balancing for years. Shame on them for ignoring it. Shame on them when they said they would take a hard look at the gear economy 9 months ago, but after all that time just throw their hands up and dance around the issue some more. If after 9 months they still have no answers then they’re either willfully arrogant or blindly ignorant when it comes to this data. They’ve had time. They’ve had tons of ideas pour in from the community. That’s just the last 9 months too. They’ve had years to get this right.

CG staunch defender: “Well…come on now, let’s be fair… they eased the crunch with Conquest. Are you telling me the Mk 4 stun guns in the max prize crate don’t help you? Seriously, every little bit helps…”

Any reasonable person: “That’s 2 weeks worth of grinding in Conquest for 1/3 weekly challenges rewards; I got 6x that reward from simming challenges in the same time period. Also that piece isn’t required as much as others that would actually help me.”

CG staunch defender: “BuT tHe GeAr IsN’t ThE iMpOrTaNt ReWaRd FrOm CoNqUeSt…”

Any reasonable person: “Well, duh…when I get these worthless Mk 4 stun guns the gear OBVIOUSLY isn’t the important reward…it’s virtually trash to me.”

CG staunch defender: “Good, we agree. So are you stoked to R8 Piett & Boba?”

Any reasonable person: *rolls eyes* *walks away*

In all seriousness, I agree with you. After 9 months of looking at the data, CG decided R9 should come out (just another crunch milking players for all they got). That is all anyone needs to see as evidence of lack of caring. No amount of shouting will change their perspective (though I do encourage you to keep trying). The only “economy” they are actually “looking at” is their bottom line profits (which will likely remain, even after a horrid road ahead).
  • Usual useless and tone deaf answer from the devs.
  • Jenjhys
    272 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Doja and I spent most of the weekend gathering sentiment and feedback regarding the Road Ahead. Below are some of the most recurring comments we noticed, and hopefully the following responses will help clarify some of the questions and concerns you have.

Relic 9 Timing:

Relic 9 is further out and will be coming to the game after the character changes are implemented, not before. We’ll share more details on R9 as it gets closer. Having said that, the character changes needed to happen before R9, otherwise the underlying issues surrounding defense being ignored would only be exasperated.

---

I hope this response sheds some light on our perspective. We will continue to escalate your feedback to the team and be here to answer as many questions as possible.

Seems that you have a bad read on feedback for R9 :
    The problem is not you add R9 or too soon, the problem is we wait simplification of gear crunch from years now. You can't just add new gear and new relic ever and ever and never simplify gear crunch to G12-G13...
    You're game is becoming like if a new player will have to spend as many time old player made in the game.
    So they can't join old player in end game before too many years.

The end game line move ever and ever but the way for new player to old end game is still the same (or harder because we have more and more toon) and you add the way from old end game to new end game.

You need to make gear crunch easy before adding new level of gear/relic. <= resume of what you miss in your read of the topic
  • Johanides
    25 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    CmdrS0l0 wrote: »
    So I’m still a little confused. Will they be changing the GAC matchups to now only have players with GLs match up against other players with GLs? Seems a little unfair if you have a GL player match up against a non-GL player even though their GP might be comparable?

Currently, no there are no plans to change matchmaking, but this is being discussed and monitored.

What exactly is here to be monitored? :D
    If there will be no more non-GL counter, it's loss for anybody who don't have one and is matched up against player with at least one (assuming that GL is set on defence, which is common thing to do).
    If current non-GL counters are "only" nerfed to the point, that you need two or more teams to beat one GL you will most probably need more robust roster, therefor more GP than your opponent with GL.
  • Mirkraag
    509 posts Member
    Please refund all toons (to gear1, even the money for lvl85) that are not connected to GL (for unlocking or in the obvious team that CG dictate to us). It is clearly stated that they are not useful anymore in the game. Please simplify, just make 1 vs 1 GL match everywhere and it will end up with the exact same results.

Pathetic
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Johanides wrote: »
    So I’m still a little confused. Will they be changing the GAC matchups to now only have players with GLs match up against other players with GLs? Seems a little unfair if you have a GL player match up against a non-GL player even though their GP might be comparable?

Currently, no there are no plans to change matchmaking, but this is being discussed and monitored.

If there will be no more non-GL counter, it's loss for anybody who don't have one and is matched up against player with at least one (assuming that GL is set on defence, which is common thing to do).
    If current non-GL counters are "only" nerfed to the point, that you need two or more teams to beat one GL you will most probably need more robust roster, therefor more GP than your opponent with GL.

If you relic’d 14 good characters of your choice whilst your opponent relic’d 14 meh prerequisites, you should have a more robust roster.

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Starslayer wrote: »

If you relic’d 14 good characters of your choice whilst your opponent relic’d 14 meh prerequisites, you should have a more robust roster.

Those "14 meh prereqisities" usually contain a usable support cast for the GL and some other good characters...
  • Mohrg
    197 posts Member
    I recently started a new account, and it sits at 800k GP, It has taken months to get 2 teams to gear 12 (imp troopers and Geos).
    I have fully farmed shards for:
    Padme (with R2 as I haven't touched ewoks for 3PO, but I'll have them soon)
    Jedi Revan
    Empire (palp, vader, thrawn,tarkin and a choice of 5th)
    every first order toon bar Hux (he is on the list)
    Bounty Hunters
    and I am close to getting all the shards for Darth Revan.

All this not refreshing any hard nodes and using all but my first 100 energy to farm gear.
    So I have the next 2 years of gear farm to get these teams to G12.
    Considering a minimum for any character is realistically Relic 5 there is a chunk of work to do.
    I really need a way to make the gear farm reasonable if I'm going to contribute to my guild beyond deploying in TB and TW)
  • I can't wait for the next GL, just to see how many r9 it requires.
  • Mirkraag
    509 posts Member
    CG fun fact 1 : All GL are equals or announced to be equal in power with previous GL
    CG fun fact 2 : New GLs require more gear than previous GL (R8 and in a close future R9)
    CG fun fact 3 : Counters should require a similar amount of resources to the team they can beat

LOOOOL that is totally illogic
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Mirkraag wrote: »
    CG fun fact 1 : All GL are equals or announced to be equal in power with previous GL
    CG fun fact 2 : New GLs require more gear than previous GL (R8 and in a close future R9)
    CG fun fact 3 : Counters should require a similar amount of resources to the team they can beat

LOOOOL that is totally illogic

To be fair, they never said that the GLs will be strictly equal, just at similar power level. Which they are, with the newer ones a bit higher (although it's hard to judge, each shines in different matchup).
  • Axxel
    8 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    i just dont understand why gas and jkl will be nerfed - and cat wont be touched - the toon that one shots a relict tank at first turn .?..?

i dont have jmk - and im pretty sure jmk gk cat wil be a lot of fun on 3v3 …

thx a lot
  • Kyno wrote: »
    You can have “blind” beta testing where the people testing don’t know the requirements for being eligible access of the final mode/character/raid/thing. You can also use dummy graphics and names so that the beta testers don’t know what the new character or raid is. They’re only testing the balance of the mode or mechanics of the new character. These are just examples to illustrate the concept of beta testing sensitive content publicly. Of course we always have NDAs as well, it’s standard practice, but if someone wants to leak info the NDA doesn’t really help after the cat is out of the bag.

But then you risk not getting good feedback, because they dont know all the details, that seems like a bad idea.

The risk of not getting valid feedback depends on many variables. Doing tests in too small sample groups is one of the biggest risks.
  • I have only been playing the game since 2018 but this has got to to be the worst change I have seen in that time.

But, if these changes happen, Arena in my opinion will be a waste of time for me until I eventually get a GL
    TW matchmaking is already broken and looks like will get worse
    I think GAC matchmaking has improved but it feels like it's going to be extremely unbalanced, if the players that have GL's think this is unfair, then it shows how unfair it is for the non-GL owners.

So in TW when a guild with no GL's face a guild with 5, what is the point of even participating? This is a common occurrence. I also read that the community will figure out a way to use non GL to defeat a GL, but with this change CG are implying they'll just nerf that too...

It just feels that you want to take the last remaining "fun" out of the game

So the normal comment I get is well it's your fault for not having a GL then, you know what maybe it is, but is this going to incentivise me to go through the horrible slog to get one, no, it is more likely going to make me look for something else to do with my time and money.

Maybe it's only a game but one thing I have seen in the community is a heap load of emotion and I have to say right now, this slap in the face could not have come at a worse time...
    This is the Way
  • Night2
    23 posts Member
    People complain about gear but reality is at least for me, in last 2 years my GP raised from 2,5M to 5,5M and at same time i was able to gear up 40 chcaracters to G13 with minmum effort. So adding more relic and making GL top of meta is worth a effort. It`s natural progression of the game
  • SerylT2
    146 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    I think that is another massive incentive to ease up on the gear crunch, make it easier for players to reach Gear 12 before it really gets grindy. Guilds. There are a great many guilds needing members with well geared characters to begin progressing further. It takes new blood anywhere from 18-24 months to get to a point to where THEY are actually useful for a guild at all, and not completely 100% vice versa.

I'd say there are many guilds that could use newer players and accounts progressing faster to the point they are actually useful. The only way the player base can be healthy and thriving is if there are many guilds healthy and thriving. I get that CG is a greedy SOB but I would be surprised if any gear below 12 was anything but a drop in the bucket on their profit margin. Grinding relics is likely where a great deal of the profit comes from.
  • Bhaalor
    1724 posts Member
    @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI is there a timeline for when the refund on R8 chars and the Executor event goes live? I.E. will we get a refund before or after the event goes live?
  • Nauros wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »

Those "14 meh prereqisities" usually contain a usable support cast for the GL and some other good characters...

Let’s do this then: choose 4 guys from any prerequisite list to go with a gl (you won’t get the best gl team possible except for kylo, but fine). Then list the 10 prerequisites left. You’re telling me you can’t make 2 far better teams relicing characters of your choice compared to what you have left ? I’m pretty sure you can, so I stand by my ‘meh’.
  • I've already commented on my dislike for the video format. It does not provide a reference we can go back to.

Now to the substance. I'm a moderate spender. I'll throw $10 here and $50 there in a pinch or when I get a game card. Now, knowing that what I spend is subject to being completely taken away on a whim from the Devs, I won't even spend that. You can't make a whale. A whale's gonna whale, a fish is gonna fish. You want the whales to keep spending? Bring on more toons and challenges. Keep adding difficulty levels to the events and raids. Let them duke it out for bragging rights in pvp. But even us moderate spenders serve a purpose. You think the whales will keep spending just to fight the same four players in arena? What do you think they'll do without the moderate spenders and f2p players to kick around in arena and grand arena? They already sandbag in TW just to fight weaker players. What makes you think they'll enjoy only fighting each other when the rest of us call it quits because of one too many bait and switch moves?

All you're doing is driving out the players who have stuck with you all this time because once upon a time you had a game that was fun to play. When they're gone, goodbye positive reviews, goodbye the occasional purchase made because maybe just this time it will let me do better and they won't take it away, goodbye people tuning in to strategy sites and podcasts that generate conversation and interest in the game producing long-time players. It really is a shame.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    edited July 2021

Yes they have.

No. Because 1 - he is the lead, 2 - a little bit of not our business, not being rude, just saying people have lives.

No date yet.

Testing on relic levels.
    I Can understand that you need to do some changes but I don’t get the many of the nerfs like Thrawn and C 3po, how can this be related to relic levels?

Also if you read the comment it pretty clear that relic 9 is not wanted at this time especially since even the biggest whales are having a hard time reaching relic 8.

If my personal income was depending of a game like this and I got such a massive negative feedback I would be very worried

The defense ignoring and such is what is based on relic levels, some of the other changes were based on making/keeping GLs in the tip tier vs counters requiring lower investment (their words not me defending anything).

There will always be conflict when it comes to pushing development and the pace that which it can happen. Just like good character levels, shouldn't high level relic be harder to get or take longer? (Not taling about the other pinch points along the way)

The game is always dying, and each thing will always be the last straw. They look at the constructive feedback and they do their best to advocate for what they can when things like this happen. Unfortunately the player base is not always going to have the knowledge or wherewithal to gauge long term effects or future content/additions. Or the ability this may grant devs to make new toons at many levels more efficiently or possibly update older toons. This is not the players fault or anything like that, it's just the nature of being on the outside. I am also not saying this is right or the only way it could be. Or anything like that.

Kyno nobody has issues with rebalancing due to interactions with defense. That’s fine. However based on crumbs posts and the RA video itself, it’s clear they’re doing this to also neutralize non GL counters. That’s not ok, especially when after over a hundred pages regarding SEE and troopers, posts about JML vs DR, etc all of it was deemed WAI and ok by the devs. They had given it the green light and people invested specifically for counters to GL’s. Now they’re actively taking that investment away.

As for the gear crunch, sure the newest thing should be the hardest to obtain sure. Unfortunately there’s hasn’t been any alleviation from GEAR 8 gear crunches… when getting from g8 to G12 is still an insufferable grind, more progression is not ok. When getting from G12 to G13 is still an insufferable grind, more progression is not ok. When getting from G13 to R7 is still a massive grind, more progression is not ok. When getting from R7 to R8 is a huge resource sink and only several months old, more progression is not ok. Getting from R8 to R9 is going to be a massive resource dump if R8 is any indication, and what’s more they keep forcing us to use the same relic materials all the way from R1 through R8. Every single piece is the same beyond R5. Carbonite boards, bronzium wiring, chromium transistors, heatsinks, electrium conductors, zimbiddles and of course the signal data’s….that’s just relic.

Come on Kyno, I get you defending them as par the course but there’s nothing you can say to justify even more progression when G8 gear is still an issue 5 years into the game.

I was specifically speaking to the player talking about intro of 9 when 8 is hard to get and expressed that, but that's for ignoring that and saying I am in any way defending anything about gear levels. Cheers.

And I touched on that. R8 to R9 should still be difficult. Even getting to R8 should be tougher but any other mobile game in existence, even MSF with how money hungry and greedy they are have made gear progression easier as your time in the game goes on. Blue and purple gear? Used to be massive choke points like their G13 uniques and G15 currently are. Now? Purple gear is nothing. Getting to G12 is only bottlenecked by gold and training mats; which one will more available than the other, balancing it out over time.

CG hasn’t done that. At all. They’ve actually made the grind from G8-g13 worse with the introduction of kyro techs. Another 2 gear pieces to farm under the guise of it “alleviating the stun gun crunch” lmao nope, still there! Just worse now.

What you’re missing the point on even with the person you were talking to is that it’s not an issue of a several month old gear level being hard to obtain. It’s a 5 year old gear issue still being a massive choke point.

I’m sorry but listening to crumb dance around the question regarding the gear economy in that podcast was the most disingenuous and maddening thing from that whole segment. He’s literally saying that they know how to get more gear to us but don’t want to because they don’t want to completely lose those bottlenecks at lower levels over time. Excuse me? I get keeping those bottlenecks in place so new accounts don’t just gear up in one week, but players that have been in the game for a year or two, let alone since day one, should not be unable to bring characters to G12 with little inconvenience given the bottlenecks still in place at G12, G12+, G13 and every relic level.

But you are wrong, they have dealt with it "naturally" like they said they are sticking to, at the moment. That is why we have increased income of many pieces over time. Yes this was been fairly in line with the need, which keeps the pace where it is, but that is also needed. We have not slowed in any of these incomes which would be a sign of them not doing anything to address this.

I am also disheartened by the direct statement that we will not see more of a distinct action to deal with gear (although I have been suspecting as such from the discussions I have had/seen), but I still think there are still possibilities for them to deal with this through existing game modes.

I have not listened yet, but I get that, they still want a development cycle in the early stages like we had then.

Also, their “natural” fixes haven’t done anything to specifically target gear crunches that are hindering us all. Crumb mentioned Conquest and GC’s….umm no that doesn’t guarantee even crunch gear rewarded when you have mk4 carbs and guns in the prize boxes and nerf the rewards as you progress rather than reward more. Same for GC’s as that’s more tuned for mod slicing materials.

What natural things? The daily prize box? I’m sorry I think it’s been almost a month since I saw mk5 guns, mk3 cuffs or mk8 biotech as a prize from there.

Raid rewards? The same tank rewards in both HAAT and HSTR? Mk6 thermals? Mk4 holodiscs. Mk10 and 11 weapontechs? To this day the best rewards are in the normal Rancor Raids. Crancor is a mixed bag because you could end up with G5 gear or something as great as fully crafted mk5 gun or kyro templates. However to this day I’ve gotten none of that. The best I got was fully crafted G12 gear like the mk12 blast armor.

How to actually fix it?

There’s several ways for the to do it. They can do it. What they lack is will or the capacity

How early does a player get r3 or r5? Having enough characters to do daily challenges doeant really sound like a later stage of a roster.

What current prize boxes have an sort of real divide? Basically Conquest is the only one.

There are not several ways that actually offer any divide, which is what they seem to be looking for.

Just something off topic but still related to Gear Crunch. How abt CRancor ? They said they will flatten the reward structure. How has that turned out ? And CRancor is something new.

Ok back to topic. Daily challenges should be updated, along with arena shop etc.

Daily challenges can have a newer tier with better rewards

Shops should be updated with current gear that is needed (add a cap if you want to stop people from hording)

All these can be done by scaling up the difficulty. Is only a matter of does CG want to do it or not.

Before someone stone me to death, CG has done this before. Take CRancor as an example. A reskin of the original rancor but much higher difficulty and "better gear" rewards.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Are you meaning to have the Executor not beatable by anything else? That's what I understand when I see it. I hope I'm not the only one who thinks it's not healthy to have anything that cannot be beaten by anything else.

What u read may or may not turn out as what we expect it to. Only advise is start hording so that when it is really OP, u are ready for it
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Konju wrote: »

Yes they have.

No date yet.

Testing on relic levels.

How to actually fix it?

Ahnald has a completely F2P account that’s 9 months old and has only 2 toons at R5. He has 3 or 4 more at G12 and the rest are scattered gear levels. He said it’ll be at least a couple
    More months before he will have a full team of g13 characters. So to get enough toons for those next level of daily challenges, it would take 18-24 months to get enough toons for those levels. You mean after 2 years players shouldn’t have access to relief from the G8 through g11 gear crunch?

At what GP?

Also, if there is a place to make it easier to get past a punch point, those will likely be added to a planned farming guide and be happening quicker than the estimate there. Also, once you hit one team, it makes getting the rest of the toons get there quicker, which is something they would need to balance in a situation like this.

Not saying it's not a possibility, but it's not "oh just do this" simple, like you say it is.

We also dont know where they really want that line to be. I suspect it's more GP than time based, but that is a guess, and I suspect Conquest will be used,as it's new and has a threshold.

Umm no that’s not true. For the daily challenges you need tanks, attackers and support/healers for each one respectively. A full team of 5 has a mixture of both. You need 15 toons to handle those challenges.

Also I believe he is at 1 mil GP just about because he is specifically farming for SLKR, he only has KRU and Hux at R5. OGKylo, FOTP and FOSTP are G12. All others are G11 through G8 for FO. The rest of his roster I believe is around G9/10. That’s after almost a year with dedicated F2P farming. You mean to tell me he’s gonna get 15 toons to R3 by years end? Stahp. That’s him not spending a dime. Can others get there faster? Sure, if they spend. Which…isn’t there the point?

We all know where CG wants the crunch to be at. This dancing around the question is old. And I mean OLD. That’s why I’m seeing people on here, including myself who spent a fair amount of money on this game go F2P over this. I’m glad. I sincerely hope this affects their bottom dollar enough where they finally wake up and cut the nonsense already.

I’m not going to pay my hard earned money on a game where my monetary and in game investments are trivialized by arbitrary nonsense and constant flip flopping policy on their end. I can’t tell you how happy I am that I waited to splurge on my 4th GL to see what Lord Vader had in store for us. Saved myself quite a bit of coin.

I am aware how they work, how many attackers are in the SLKR requirements, and I dont think they have a requirement on the number of toons, but they could add that.

So once you break open that door, you are accelerating farming right there at that point. Again, just saying those in particular are not as simple as you make it seem, but we can move on.

Yes that’s the point, once you reach a certain point in your roster development, specific gear should be easier to get. You do realize the mk3 carbs are in various locations including the daily challenges and that’s still a choke point in gear farming l, albeit very lower compared to other gear pieces?
    You mean to tell me that putting Mk5 stun guns in the tank challenge, mk3 cuffs in the support/healer challenge and mk8 biotech components in the attacker challenge at that relic level entry is too much? You’d literally be bringing those 3 gear pieces on par with mk3 carbantis. Would it be an immediate roster boost to G12? No you still need to pick and choose where to use that gear and on who but it alleviates the gear crunch up to G12. You’d still have G12, G12+, G12 finishers and all the relic materials as your choke points….how is that not only creating the jumping divide point they’d want, or making it too easy to get too much gear too early….my lord I feel like I’m talking to a wall here whether it’s you or the dev team and their instance in acting like all is fine

But what if that point is different than you wsnt it to be, because you are putting it fairly early, which they seem to be saying they dont want to do. So again, just not as simple as you say.

How is that easy to require 15 characters at R3? Unless you drop a ton of money on a new account (a win for CG) it will take you at least 2 years to get to that point. Even if you bought the hyperdrive bundle maybe that cuts you down to 18 months. Maybe!

If you’re saying CG doesn’t want to ease up day one crunches even a little then they’ve been lying to us for awhile when they’ve said they’re going to change things. Adding 50-60 of those pieces per week (what you currently get with Mk3 carbs) is not breaking the economy, if it did I would be flush with those. As it stands I’m always running short on those but I can refill it quicker. See? Balance.

There’s other options too like making guaranteed slots in stores for those gear types. There’s a finite number of GET, Guild and GAC currency to go around.

I’m sorry they’ve done nothing meaningful to ease the gear crunch since day one. Whenever we get any kind of minute relief they stack on another gear progression requiring the same type of gear or release characters requiring so much more of the same.

Their big relief was adding kyros to the game? HA! They made the gear crunch worse. They actually made the gear economy worse with the introduction of kyros. Every single character requires no less than 200 pieces of kyro (both pads and prods combined) and usually more. They also still require cuffs, guns, carbs and biotech salavge.

They’re out of excuses Kyno. They backed themselves into a corner with this dancing around the gear economy. There’s absolutely nothing they can tell us that would have an ounce of truth to it when it’s been 9 months since they said they’re actively looking at the gear economy long and hard. After 9 months they have nothing? Yeah, ok. Sure. 👌🏻

1 event does not require 15 toons. I am not saying that they couldnt work out some plan using challenges, just pointing out that the whole "just do it" doesnt account for all the details they would focus on, and doesnt create the separation they seem to be looking for.

I am not making any excuses, just pointing out details that dont make this simple.

I have not said they dont want to, they have said they want to and will do it in an existing event, and not with a new event or an overhaul to the system like the chards got.

I'm sure you have all the details and understand the economic balance they are trying to hit, while also keeping the line they want to keep....

If they did nothing it would be worse, and honestly it's not, despite the higher need. They have been jeeping it neutral which requires action, and as you develop and manage your resources, you can use that to your advantage.

You need 15 characters for the 3 daily challenges. 5 a piece. I can’t use KRU for the strength challenge just like I can’t use JKL for the tactical challenge. So you need to develop 15 characters for those challenges. And adding mk3 cuffs, mk5 guns and mk8 biotech components (one to each challenge not all 3) you only alleviate up to G12 over a long period of time. You only alleviate 1/3 of the problem if you’re starting from the bottom or are a newer to mid level player. You still have the g12, g12+, finishers, kyros and relic material standing in your way….

And “natural” changes is the same as doing nothing directly. The only direct thing they’ve done to alleviate the gear grind is add kyrotech which made it worse. Adding more gear progression and gear requirements while not alleviating any old bottlenecks is not remaining neutral. It’s acting in the negative. The crunch is getting worse. Not staying the same. If they stayed neutral then R9 wouldn’t be coming. Multiple R7/R8 toons required for a single unit unlock wouldn’t be the new norm.

Also, saying it takes time? This has been an ongoing issue for YEARS. This isn’t like it’s a week or even month old issue. The gear economy has needed balancing for years. Shame on them for ignoring it. Shame on them when they said they would take a hard look at the gear economy 9 months ago, but after all that time just throw their hands up and dance around the issue some more. If after 9 months they still have no answers then they’re either willfully arrogant or blindly ignorant when it comes to this data. They’ve had time. They’ve had tons of ideas pour in from the community. That’s just the last 9 months too. They’ve had years to get this right.

CG staunch defender: “Well…come on now, let’s be fair… they eased the crunch with Conquest. Are you telling me the Mk 4 stun guns in the max prize crate don’t help you? Seriously, every little bit helps…”

Any reasonable person: “That’s 2 weeks worth of grinding in Conquest for 1/3 weekly challenges rewards; I got 6x that reward from simming challenges in the same time period. Also that piece isn’t required as much as others that would actually help me.”

CG staunch defender: “BuT tHe GeAr IsN’t ThE iMpOrTaNt ReWaRd FrOm CoNqUeSt…”

Any reasonable person: “Well, duh…when I get these worthless Mk 4 stun guns the gear OBVIOUSLY isn’t the important reward…it’s virtually trash to me.”

CG staunch defender: “Good, we agree. So are you stoked to R8 Piett & Boba?”

Any reasonable person: *rolls eyes* *walks away*

In all seriousness, I agree with you. After 9 months of looking at the data, CG decided R9 should come out (just another crunch milking players for all they got). That is all anyone needs to see as evidence of lack of caring. No amount of shouting will change their perspective (though I do encourage you to keep trying). The only “economy” they are actually “looking at” is their bottom line profits (which will likely remain, even after a horrid road ahead).

I am not saying they are dealing with this right. Ow in Conquest, and they are also saying that. They could use this in the future, which is what I said.

But you do you "reasonable person"
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    You can have “blind” beta testing where the people testing don’t know the requirements for being eligible access of the final mode/character/raid/thing. You can also use dummy graphics and names so that the beta testers don’t know what the new character or raid is. They’re only testing the balance of the mode or mechanics of the new character. These are just examples to illustrate the concept of beta testing sensitive content publicly. Of course we always have NDAs as well, it’s standard practice, but if someone wants to leak info the NDA doesn’t really help after the cat is out of the bag.

But then you risk not getting good feedback, because they dont know all the details, that seems like a bad idea.

The risk of not getting valid feedback depends on many variables. Doing tests in too small sample groups is one of the biggest risks.

We can agree to disagree but giving them a limited view and/or no information would literally lead to uninformed responses.....that seems like exactly the opposite of what you are look for from a beta test group.
  • Starslayer wrote: »

CLS and Chewpio are meh characters :joy: