[MEGA] Road Ahead: July 2021

Replies

• Kyno wrote: »
    How are you addressing the changes to the JML squad? GAS and JKL are receiving changes, will there be any buffs to JML? Feel his team is getting severely hurt by these kit changes.

There are no additional plans to buff GLs besides what is stated. As some have pointed out with r9 being focused on tanks, that should help him, help his team.

CG: we've made JML worse! But don't worry, invest MORE gear you don't have or give us $100 and we'll give you a JML that's good again!

I'd rather have my r8 I gave him refunded.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Looooki wrote: »
    Nick_74 wrote: »
    Sooooo let's get this out of the way ...

Has CG replied to any of the post yet ?
    Is Doja leaving CG ? Why the silence and crumb taking the lead ?
    When is the update dropping (Specific date)

And I guess the most important question ??
    - what data is CG using to arrive at this conclusion in the road ahead ?

Yes they have.

No. Because 1 - he is the lead, 2 - a little bit of not our business, not being rude, just saying people have lives.

No date yet.

Testing on relic levels.
    I Can understand that you need to do some changes but I don’t get the many of the nerfs like Thrawn and C 3po, how can this be related to relic levels?

Also if you read the comment it pretty clear that relic 9 is not wanted at this time especially since even the biggest whales are having a hard time reaching relic 8.

If my personal income was depending of a game like this and I got such a massive negative feedback I would be very worried

The defense ignoring and such is what is based on relic levels, some of the other changes were based on making/keeping GLs in the tip tier vs counters requiring lower investment (their words not me defending anything).

There will always be conflict when it comes to pushing development and the pace that which it can happen. Just like good character levels, shouldn't high level relic be harder to get or take longer? (Not taling about the other pinch points along the way)

The game is always dying, and each thing will always be the last straw. They look at the constructive feedback and they do their best to advocate for what they can when things like this happen. Unfortunately the player base is not always going to have the knowledge or wherewithal to gauge long term effects or future content/additions. Or the ability this may grant devs to make new toons at many levels more efficiently or possibly update older toons. This is not the players fault or anything like that, it's just the nature of being on the outside. I am also not saying this is right or the only way it could be. Or anything like that.

Kyno nobody has issues with rebalancing due to interactions with defense. That’s fine. However based on crumbs posts and the RA video itself, it’s clear they’re doing this to also neutralize non GL counters. That’s not ok, especially when after over a hundred pages regarding SEE and troopers, posts about JML vs DR, etc all of it was deemed WAI and ok by the devs. They had given it the green light and people invested specifically for counters to GL’s. Now they’re actively taking that investment away.

As for the gear crunch, sure the newest thing should be the hardest to obtain sure. Unfortunately there’s hasn’t been any alleviation from GEAR 8 gear crunches… when getting from g8 to G12 is still an insufferable grind, more progression is not ok. When getting from G12 to G13 is still an insufferable grind, more progression is not ok. When getting from G13 to R7 is still a massive grind, more progression is not ok. When getting from R7 to R8 is a huge resource sink and only several months old, more progression is not ok. Getting from R8 to R9 is going to be a massive resource dump if R8 is any indication, and what’s more they keep forcing us to use the same relic materials all the way from R1 through R8. Every single piece is the same beyond R5. Carbonite boards, bronzium wiring, chromium transistors, heatsinks, electrium conductors, zimbiddles and of course the signal data’s….that’s just relic.

Come on Kyno, I get you defending them as par the course but there’s nothing you can say to justify even more progression when G8 gear is still an issue 5 years into the game.

I was specifically speaking to the player talking about intro of 9 when 8 is hard to get and expressed that, but that's for ignoring that and saying I am in any way defending anything about gear levels. Cheers.

And I touched on that. R8 to R9 should still be difficult. Even getting to R8 should be tougher but any other mobile game in existence, even MSF with how money hungry and greedy they are have made gear progression easier as your time in the game goes on. Blue and purple gear? Used to be massive choke points like their G13 uniques and G15 currently are. Now? Purple gear is nothing. Getting to G12 is only bottlenecked by gold and training mats; which one will more available than the other, balancing it out over time.

CG hasn’t done that. At all. They’ve actually made the grind from G8-g13 worse with the introduction of kyro techs. Another 2 gear pieces to farm under the guise of it “alleviating the stun gun crunch” lmao nope, still there! Just worse now.

What you’re missing the point on even with the person you were talking to is that it’s not an issue of a several month old gear level being hard to obtain. It’s a 5 year old gear issue still being a massive choke point.

I’m sorry but listening to crumb dance around the question regarding the gear economy in that podcast was the most disingenuous and maddening thing from that whole segment. He’s literally saying that they know how to get more gear to us but don’t want to because they don’t want to completely lose those bottlenecks at lower levels over time. Excuse me? I get keeping those bottlenecks in place so new accounts don’t just gear up in one week, but players that have been in the game for a year or two, let alone since day one, should not be unable to bring characters to G12 with little inconvenience given the bottlenecks still in place at G12, G12+, G13 and every relic level.

But you are wrong, they have dealt with it "naturally" like they said they are sticking to, at the moment. That is why we have increased income of many pieces over time. Yes this was been fairly in line with the need, which keeps the pace where it is, but that is also needed. We have not slowed in any of these incomes which would be a sign of them not doing anything to address this.

I am also disheartened by the direct statement that we will not see more of a distinct action to deal with gear (although I have been suspecting as such from the discussions I have had/seen), but I still think there are still possibilities for them to deal with this through existing game modes.

I have not listened yet, but I get that, they still want a development cycle in the early stages like we had then.

Also, their “natural” fixes haven’t done anything to specifically target gear crunches that are hindering us all. Crumb mentioned Conquest and GC’s….umm no that doesn’t guarantee even crunch gear rewarded when you have mk4 carbs and guns in the prize boxes and nerf the rewards as you progress rather than reward more. Same for GC’s as that’s more tuned for mod slicing materials.

What natural things? The daily prize box? I’m sorry I think it’s been almost a month since I saw mk5 guns, mk3 cuffs or mk8 biotech as a prize from there.

Kyro’s? That made the gear grind WORSE. Not better

Raid rewards? The same tank rewards in both HAAT and HSTR? Mk6 thermals? Mk4 holodiscs. Mk10 and 11 weapontechs? To this day the best rewards are in the normal Rancor Raids. Crancor is a mixed bag because you could end up with G5 gear or something as great as fully crafted mk5 gun or kyro templates. However to this day I’ve gotten none of that. The best I got was fully crafted G12 gear like the mk12 blast armor.

Where’s the natural help?

How to actually fix it?

Daily challenge rewards? Oh look a solution….

Guaranteeing gear drops or upping the drop rates? I mean….that could work too.

Reworking prize boxes in current game modes? That could work too

There’s several ways for the to do it. They can do it. What they lack is will or the capacity

How early does a player get r3 or r5? Having enough characters to do daily challenges doeant really sound like a later stage of a roster.

What current prize boxes have an sort of real divide? Basically Conquest is the only one.

There are not several ways that actually offer any divide, which is what they seem to be looking for.

Just something off topic but still related to Gear Crunch. How abt CRancor ? They said they will flatten the reward structure. How has that turned out ? And CRancor is something new.

Ok back to topic. Daily challenges should be updated, along with arena shop etc.

Daily challenges can have a newer tier with better rewards

Shops should be updated with current gear that is needed (add a cap if you want to stop people from hording)

All these can be done by scaling up the difficulty. Is only a matter of does CG want to do it or not.

Before someone stone me to death, CG has done this before. Take CRancor as an example. A reskin of the original rancor but much higher difficulty and "better gear" rewards.

I agree there are many places they could add things to help with the pinch points. It seems they want to have it done in a way that doesnt just remove it all together and that there is some transition point, and they want to use existing modes. Sure this can be done, and sure it doesnt seem to be the highest priority, since it hasn't happened yet, but the current system is manageable and for some there is a level of understanding there.

In the end changes will happen, and we will see how they want that transition to happen and at what point in development that falls. It is likely to not be a simple solution or as simple as some feel it should be, but we shall see.

So you agree? There are day one gear bottlenecks that should be taken care of? There are many ways that they can do this, but they just have chosen to do nothing about it? Meaning that the whole podcast dance Crumb just pulled was a fallacy.

Kyno, honestly the community is tired of their excuses as to why the gear economy is in the state it’s in. The system is not manageable anymore as they further require R8 as basic entry points to unlock units now. They’ve had almost a year since they claimed that they’re taking a hard and more in depth look at the gear economy. It takes longer than that? Ok, because they’ve known this was an issue for longer than that and still have refused to do something about it.

There’s no excuse anymore. They can’t keep claiming they don’t know how to fix it after how long it’s been an issue. The economy needs rebalancing. Bottlenecks are totally fine in the game for the newest and even relatively new thing. Day one gear? Sorry but any other mobile game in existence similar to this one has relieved day one hour points as new gear progression is announced and implemented

When have I said there isnt a bottle neck, day one is debatable, but sure things that have been in the game since day one are on the list. We have been discussing how to fix it, so yes there are pinch points that players need to manage.

Yes they have been dealing with and looking at the situation in many ways. They have been keeping it going, even with some level of increasing demand. Before and after the shard increase they looked at a similar overhaul or changes, and have seemingly concluded that this cannot happen and preserve the points they wish to, so they are looking at a different approach to satisfy all the points in a natural way.

Please show me the quote where they said they do not know how to fix this.

The economy as a whole is not going to be rebalanced, that is what they are saying.

Watch the podcast from the other night. When asked about the gear crunch Crumb danced around the questions regarding the gear economy and couldn’t give a straight answer and said they didn’t know how to tackle the gear economy yet. Sometime after the 50 minute mark for your reference.

I'm not trying to argue against you or say the developers are right in this but when the community managers obfuscate or say "they don't know how" it seems to me that the issue here is those gear pieces probably generate a lot of revenue. So how do the devs go to the actual decision makers (at EA, presumably) with a proposal to include stun guns in challenges or whatever, without a way of offsetting the cost by raising revenue elsewhere?

Like most businesses, I don't suppose they want to give away what they can otherwise sell.

Two words: Buyer Burnout.

I get CG needs to make money. I do. Heck they’ve amassed over a billion dollars (more at this point). However there’s a threshold that you can push your paying customers; whether they be casual or hardcore Krakens. Paying for the same thing (guns, cuffs, etc) for 5 years while adding more and more things to buy, without relief from previous gear bottlenecks is how you burn people out. Take myself and a guild mate. The two of us combined spend about $5k a year. Take @Ragnarok_COTF a spender now no longer spending. Not sure how much but I believe he said it was close to $3500 a year. Correct me if I’m wrong Rag.

Top that off with now the precedent being set that our investment can be devalued drastically based on an arbitrary decision and you see how both F2P and Krakens are infuriated with the contents of the RA and the refusal to budge from their current course.

If CG progressively removed and eventually ended day one gear crunches, while of course keeping choke points on new and moderately older progressions, then I’d be inclined to spend again. I’m tired of buying the same gear pieces over and over again. I’m not going to have my investment made moot because it may be too good against a GL. No thanks.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    I think Kyro is a crunch for sure, especially now given how much you already need for just LV Group 1 in combination with the requirements for Exec.

Haven't had a problem with stun guns or cuffs in forever.

Kyros, Guns, biotechs for me. I’ve been able to maneuver cuffs to be manageable but I can’t get all 4 under control. It’s not possible given the current economy

It's not possible....for you.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Nick_74 wrote: »
    Sooooo let's get this out of the way ...

Has CG replied to any of the post yet ?
    Is Doja leaving CG ? Why the silence and crumb taking the lead ?
    When is the update dropping (Specific date)

And I guess the most important question ??
    - what data is CG using to arrive at this conclusion in the road ahead ?

Yes they have.

No. Because 1 - he is the lead, 2 - a little bit of not our business, not being rude, just saying people have lives.

No date yet.

Testing on relic levels.
    I Can understand that you need to do some changes but I don’t get the many of the nerfs like Thrawn and C 3po, how can this be related to relic levels?

Also if you read the comment it pretty clear that relic 9 is not wanted at this time especially since even the biggest whales are having a hard time reaching relic 8.

If my personal income was depending of a game like this and I got such a massive negative feedback I would be very worried

The defense ignoring and such is what is based on relic levels, some of the other changes were based on making/keeping GLs in the tip tier vs counters requiring lower investment (their words not me defending anything).

There will always be conflict when it comes to pushing development and the pace that which it can happen. Just like good character levels, shouldn't high level relic be harder to get or take longer? (Not taling about the other pinch points along the way)

The game is always dying, and each thing will always be the last straw. They look at the constructive feedback and they do their best to advocate for what they can when things like this happen. Unfortunately the player base is not always going to have the knowledge or wherewithal to gauge long term effects or future content/additions. Or the ability this may grant devs to make new toons at many levels more efficiently or possibly update older toons. This is not the players fault or anything like that, it's just the nature of being on the outside. I am also not saying this is right or the only way it could be. Or anything like that.

Kyno nobody has issues with rebalancing due to interactions with defense. That’s fine. However based on crumbs posts and the RA video itself, it’s clear they’re doing this to also neutralize non GL counters. That’s not ok, especially when after over a hundred pages regarding SEE and troopers, posts about JML vs DR, etc all of it was deemed WAI and ok by the devs. They had given it the green light and people invested specifically for counters to GL’s. Now they’re actively taking that investment away.

As for the gear crunch, sure the newest thing should be the hardest to obtain sure. Unfortunately there’s hasn’t been any alleviation from GEAR 8 gear crunches… when getting from g8 to G12 is still an insufferable grind, more progression is not ok. When getting from G12 to G13 is still an insufferable grind, more progression is not ok. When getting from G13 to R7 is still a massive grind, more progression is not ok. When getting from R7 to R8 is a huge resource sink and only several months old, more progression is not ok. Getting from R8 to R9 is going to be a massive resource dump if R8 is any indication, and what’s more they keep forcing us to use the same relic materials all the way from R1 through R8. Every single piece is the same beyond R5. Carbonite boards, bronzium wiring, chromium transistors, heatsinks, electrium conductors, zimbiddles and of course the signal data’s….that’s just relic.

Come on Kyno, I get you defending them as par the course but there’s nothing you can say to justify even more progression when G8 gear is still an issue 5 years into the game.

I was specifically speaking to the player talking about intro of 9 when 8 is hard to get and expressed that, but that's for ignoring that and saying I am in any way defending anything about gear levels. Cheers.

And I touched on that. R8 to R9 should still be difficult. Even getting to R8 should be tougher but any other mobile game in existence, even MSF with how money hungry and greedy they are have made gear progression easier as your time in the game goes on. Blue and purple gear? Used to be massive choke points like their G13 uniques and G15 currently are. Now? Purple gear is nothing. Getting to G12 is only bottlenecked by gold and training mats; which one will more available than the other, balancing it out over time.

CG hasn’t done that. At all. They’ve actually made the grind from G8-g13 worse with the introduction of kyro techs. Another 2 gear pieces to farm under the guise of it “alleviating the stun gun crunch” lmao nope, still there! Just worse now.

What you’re missing the point on even with the person you were talking to is that it’s not an issue of a several month old gear level being hard to obtain. It’s a 5 year old gear issue still being a massive choke point.

I’m sorry but listening to crumb dance around the question regarding the gear economy in that podcast was the most disingenuous and maddening thing from that whole segment. He’s literally saying that they know how to get more gear to us but don’t want to because they don’t want to completely lose those bottlenecks at lower levels over time. Excuse me? I get keeping those bottlenecks in place so new accounts don’t just gear up in one week, but players that have been in the game for a year or two, let alone since day one, should not be unable to bring characters to G12 with little inconvenience given the bottlenecks still in place at G12, G12+, G13 and every relic level.

But you are wrong, they have dealt with it "naturally" like they said they are sticking to, at the moment. That is why we have increased income of many pieces over time. Yes this was been fairly in line with the need, which keeps the pace where it is, but that is also needed. We have not slowed in any of these incomes which would be a sign of them not doing anything to address this.

I am also disheartened by the direct statement that we will not see more of a distinct action to deal with gear (although I have been suspecting as such from the discussions I have had/seen), but I still think there are still possibilities for them to deal with this through existing game modes.

I have not listened yet, but I get that, they still want a development cycle in the early stages like we had then.

Also, their “natural” fixes haven’t done anything to specifically target gear crunches that are hindering us all. Crumb mentioned Conquest and GC’s….umm no that doesn’t guarantee even crunch gear rewarded when you have mk4 carbs and guns in the prize boxes and nerf the rewards as you progress rather than reward more. Same for GC’s as that’s more tuned for mod slicing materials.

What natural things? The daily prize box? I’m sorry I think it’s been almost a month since I saw mk5 guns, mk3 cuffs or mk8 biotech as a prize from there.

Kyro’s? That made the gear grind WORSE. Not better

Raid rewards? The same tank rewards in both HAAT and HSTR? Mk6 thermals? Mk4 holodiscs. Mk10 and 11 weapontechs? To this day the best rewards are in the normal Rancor Raids. Crancor is a mixed bag because you could end up with G5 gear or something as great as fully crafted mk5 gun or kyro templates. However to this day I’ve gotten none of that. The best I got was fully crafted G12 gear like the mk12 blast armor.

Where’s the natural help?

How to actually fix it?

Daily challenge rewards? Oh look a solution….

Guaranteeing gear drops or upping the drop rates? I mean….that could work too.

Reworking prize boxes in current game modes? That could work too

There’s several ways for the to do it. They can do it. What they lack is will or the capacity

How early does a player get r3 or r5? Having enough characters to do daily challenges doeant really sound like a later stage of a roster.

What current prize boxes have an sort of real divide? Basically Conquest is the only one.

There are not several ways that actually offer any divide, which is what they seem to be looking for.

Just something off topic but still related to Gear Crunch. How abt CRancor ? They said they will flatten the reward structure. How has that turned out ? And CRancor is something new.

Ok back to topic. Daily challenges should be updated, along with arena shop etc.

Daily challenges can have a newer tier with better rewards

Shops should be updated with current gear that is needed (add a cap if you want to stop people from hording)

All these can be done by scaling up the difficulty. Is only a matter of does CG want to do it or not.

Before someone stone me to death, CG has done this before. Take CRancor as an example. A reskin of the original rancor but much higher difficulty and "better gear" rewards.

I agree there are many places they could add things to help with the pinch points. It seems they want to have it done in a way that doesnt just remove it all together and that there is some transition point, and they want to use existing modes. Sure this can be done, and sure it doesnt seem to be the highest priority, since it hasn't happened yet, but the current system is manageable and for some there is a level of understanding there.

In the end changes will happen, and we will see how they want that transition to happen and at what point in development that falls. It is likely to not be a simple solution or as simple as some feel it should be, but we shall see.

So you agree? There are day one gear bottlenecks that should be taken care of? There are many ways that they can do this, but they just have chosen to do nothing about it? Meaning that the whole podcast dance Crumb just pulled was a fallacy.

Kyno, honestly the community is tired of their excuses as to why the gear economy is in the state it’s in. The system is not manageable anymore as they further require R8 as basic entry points to unlock units now. They’ve had almost a year since they claimed that they’re taking a hard and more in depth look at the gear economy. It takes longer than that? Ok, because they’ve known this was an issue for longer than that and still have refused to do something about it.

There’s no excuse anymore. They can’t keep claiming they don’t know how to fix it after how long it’s been an issue. The economy needs rebalancing. Bottlenecks are totally fine in the game for the newest and even relatively new thing. Day one gear? Sorry but any other mobile game in existence similar to this one has relieved day one hour points as new gear progression is announced and implemented

When have I said there isnt a bottle neck, day one is debatable, but sure things that have been in the game since day one are on the list. We have been discussing how to fix it, so yes there are pinch points that players need to manage.

Yes they have been dealing with and looking at the situation in many ways. They have been keeping it going, even with some level of increasing demand. Before and after the shard increase they looked at a similar overhaul or changes, and have seemingly concluded that this cannot happen and preserve the points they wish to, so they are looking at a different approach to satisfy all the points in a natural way.

Please show me the quote where they said they do not know how to fix this.

The economy as a whole is not going to be rebalanced, that is what they are saying.

Watch the podcast from the other night. When asked about the gear crunch Crumb danced around the questions regarding the gear economy and couldn’t give a straight answer and said they didn’t know how to tackle the gear economy yet. Sometime after the 50 minute mark for your reference.

Day one gear crunches includes guns and cuffs. So day one gear is still an issue. That’s not ok. They haven’t done anything positive for the gear crunch Kyno. When they add Kyrotechs to the game as a “oh this will alleviate stun guns” yet add kyros, guns, cuffs and biotech to almost every new toon, more than one of each ( just look at Piett), that’s not alleviating anything. They made it worse. Their solution? Oh we will add 3 free kyros to the daily prize box. Ok. Fantastic. After more than 2 weeks if I get the same kyro tech, I’ll have half of one fully crafted piece to go from gear 8 to gear 9….(FYI you need 50 prods and 50 data pads for one bloody kyrotech).

After 9 months all they have is they can’t overhaul it? Lmao ok Kyno. That’s a joke and a half. Almost a full year and that’s all they can come up with? They have CC’s, forum posts, podcasts, you name it, that give tons of ideas on how to fix the gear economy and bring it to a modernized level. They can fine tune any of those ideas? I gave 4 myself they can alter and fine tune that brings carbs, guns, cuffs, and biotechs on the same level carbs are now. Carbs are a pinch point but with management can be managed. Guns, cuffs, biotechs and more? No.

It’s ok though, you can keep helping them avoid the gear crunch issue and kick the can down the road. The community knows it’s nonsense and that they’re lying when they says it’s too complicated. I’ll close my wallet until they decide to make economy balances and know many who are following the same path. Especially since they are reserving the right to arbitrarily change kits and toon effectiveness if they’re too good for GL’s or counter them too effectively. Woo let me spend month worth of in game currency and real life money for toons that they’ll just change because “too good for GL’s”

Chill bro. Most of us are upset. We have tons of post not reaching CG. Be it they really didnt see it or choose not to see it is debatable. But Kyno is just helping here ya ...

Oh I’m chill. I just have no more patience for CG’s willful refusal to fix the gear economy and the excuses that go along with it. Cmon Loki I’m one of the most vocal on here, especially with the gear economy. Right TVF? 😏
  • BaronFlame
    52 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Sure this can be done, and sure it doesnt seem to be the highest priority, since it hasn't happened yet, but the current system is manageable and for some there is a level of understanding there.
    Manageable to whom? To you? To the devs? What's your definition of manageable?
    The average end-game player is still struggling with mid-game gear. The devs aren't exactly being asked to reduce the gear grind to zero, but at the same time rudimentary RNG protection, at the very least, is something that is missing. If I am doing Hstr, Cpit, Geo TBs, Hard level conquest, all of which requires G12 and higher, I should not have to struggle, grinding is not the same as struggling here, with mid-game level gear like stun cuffs and stun guns. Where are the double drops on older gear like there are for shards of older characters?
    Also, some level of understanding for whom?
    Does the constant barrage of gear grind relief requests in the threads, on reddit, in discord servers indicate that?
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member
    I think Kyro is a crunch for sure, especially now given how much you already need for just LV Group 1 in combination with the requirements for Exec.

Kyros, Guns, biotechs for me. I’ve been able to maneuver cuffs to be manageable but I can’t get all 4 under control. It’s not possible given the current economy

More like - It's not possible....for F2P.
  • BaronFlame
    52 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Damnations!, TVF just coming in guns blazing. Bro, chill! :D
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    th3evo wrote: »

Ravens isn't F2P.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    BaronFlame wrote: »

Buddy the Elf didn’t get his 45 minutes of sleep so he’s no longer friendly today. Sad times…
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Would be nice if doja or crumb hang out here and answering questions in their free time.

What questions?

They answered almost all of them that accumulated over the weekend and went into it more in the podcast

I haven’t seen any new questions other than the same repeated ones or just complaints of the state of the gear grind (which he already answered)
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »

Buddy the Elf didn’t get his 45 minutes of sleep so he’s no longer friendly today. Sad times…

Just give him a few candy canes and call it sorted?
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member

Ravens isn't F2P.

So it's not possible for F2P and even some players who spend. I don't think that makes it better.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member

Ravens isn't F2P.

So it's not possible for F2P and even some players who spend. I don't think that makes it better.

tenor.gif?itemid=16197953
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member

tumblr_mdaea2wfWS1qg385jo1_500.gif
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member

Ravens isn't F2P.

Since this road ahead dropped I am; unless they wanna do the right thing and alter these non GL counters or fix the gear economy. Shame, I just got some iTunes cards and was gonna buy a vault or two to top off my farm for either JMK or more likely Lord Vader. Oh well 🤷‍♀️
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Sure this can be done, and sure it doesnt seem to be the highest priority, since it hasn't happened yet, but the current system is manageable and for some there is a level of understanding there.
    The average end-game player is still struggling with mid-game gear. The devs aren't exactly being asked to reduce the gear grind to zero, but at the same time rudimentary RNG protection, at the very least, is something that is missing. If I am doing Hstr, Cpit, Geo TBs, Hard level conquest, all of which requires G12 and higher, I should not have to struggle, grinding is not the same as struggling here, with mid-game level gear like stun cuffs and stun guns. Where are the double drops on older gear like there are for shards of older characters?
    Does the constant barrage of gear grind relief requests in the threads, on reddit, in discord servers indicate that?

Many players are making it work, F2P with multiple GLs, and so on. Manageable meaning players are making it work at many levels.

Again, if they address things they are not likely to change the overall pace, hence no overhaul. The hope is that they may address certain pinch points to allow things to be more even paced and at the same time allow players to get past those particular point as they get past "some development point".

Again, some people are understanding that there is a pace and that you can still work within that constraint.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    SotaDraken wrote: »
    Dear Crumb and Doja, Please write this on every mirror in the bathrooms at CG:

FIX THE GEAR ECONOMY SO G12 IS NOT SUCH A HEADACHE!!!!

I don't feel like myself and the community are asking for much when we say this. Relics are hard enough to get on their own but just g8 to g9 is still a choking point and in a 5 year old game it simply SHOULD NOT BE. My just over 4 mil alt and my just under 7 mil main should NOT be struggling for the same gear pieces. My main is in a larger gulid, runs all the high end content, does well at all of it (red box every time in conquest, frequent top 5-10 in Cpit and HSith) and yet STILL struggles with stun guns and golden eyeballs and stun cuffs.

And while we're continuing to endure this stranglehold the devs have on the gear in the game, you're talking about r9. I had to blow loads of gear just to get impulse detectors for GMY and GK to hit r8 for JMK's reqs. They're my 2nd and 3rd r8s (I only have 3). I have hardly any gear for the remaining 3 toons I need to finish. And you're now talking r9? Do the devs know they sound tone deaf on this gear issue? And that announcing r9 feels like they really don't get the weight of the gear crunch on us players?

Because that's exactly how they come across and what makes so many players angry.

Crumb and Doja, please read this again.

and passed it up to the Dev team or bean counters or whoever makes these decisions.. it's time to stop dancing around the issue.. Stop ignoring the gear issue and get it fixed

Any fix is likely to be an iterative process through current game modes.

current game modes? @CG_SBCrumb_MINI specifically said on that podcast about the gear crunch that they were looking at new game modes. But as he has to be noncommittal so as not to paint themselves into a corner (they already do that design-wise very well) he just kicked the problem down road AGAIN.

I personally don't care how they fix it, just fix it before adding more pinch points and a deeper gear crunch.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member

Ravens isn't F2P.

Since this road ahead dropped I am; unless they wanna do the right thing and alter these non GL counters or fix the gear economy. Shame, I just got some iTunes cards and was gonna buy a vault or two to top off my farm for either JMK or more likely Lord Vader. Oh well 🤷‍♀️

I'm F2P for longer than that and I've got it covered. 🤷‍♀️
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member

Many players are making it work, F2P with multiple GLs, and so on. Manageable meaning players are making it work at many levels.

Again, if they address things they are not likely to change the overall pace, hence no overhaul. The hope is that they may address certain pinch points to allow things to be more even paced and at the same time allow players to get past those particular point as they get past "some development point".

Again, some people are understanding that there is a pace and that you can still work within that constraint.

What pace? You do realize that their refusal to fix the gear economy has made their decisions to implement R9 and eliminate non GL counters worse right? On average it takes a F2P about a year to get a GL up and ready to go through pre reqs, ticket farms for the GL unlock itself (another thing they need to address…a farm within a farm…genius), gearing the GL and also farming ultimate mats…

Now without non GL counters everyone is going to be forced to go after GL’s or be left in the dust. Which is why alleviation of day one chokepoints isn’t unreasonable to expect at this point. Their refusal to do so and the excuses that accompany it are ridiculous lol
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member

Ravens isn't F2P.

Wrecker requires 400× Kyro, 200× Stun Guns, 450× Carbantis, 150× Stun Cuffs, 150× BioTech (you can subtract 100× Kyro, 50× Stun Cuffs and 50× Carbantis for G12 only). That's just one character.
    Those are some pretty steep gear requirements if you ask me. They might not seem so high to someone with a developed roster (whether you invested money or time) but to newer players they are pretty crazy.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member

Ravens isn't F2P.

Wrecker requires 400× Kyro, 200× Stun Guns, 450× Carbantis, 150× Stun Cuffs, 150× BioTech (you can subtract 100× Kyro, 50× Stun Cuffs and 50× Carbantis for G12 only). That's just one character.
    Those are some pretty steep gear requirements if you ask me. They might not seem so high to someone with a developed roster (whether you invested money or time) but to newer players they are pretty crazy.

Moving the goalposts as usual I see
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member

Ravens isn't F2P.

Not using any arguments as usual I see
    You have responded to me 3 times so far - with a correction, a gif and now this. How can I be moving the goalposts if we are not even having a discussion?

• TVF
    36519 posts Member

Ravens isn't F2P.

You have responded to me 3 times so far - with a correction, a gif and now this. How can I be moving the goalposts if we are not even having a discussion?

You said f2p and some spenders can't keep up. Then you immediately changed your argument to new players not being able to keep up. You do this all the time, shifting your argument when anyone disagrees with you. What's the point in an actual discussion with someone who argues in bad faith?
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    So CG comes out with this stuff:

“This time we’re doing the release a bit differently, with just one Galactic Legend at a time. Releasing them in pairs has been exciting but difficult for players - not only does it decrease the time in the spotlight for each unit, and it can be very difficult to unlock them together if you really enjoy both of the factions these units are focused on improving.”

Yet they hit us with the second GL shortly after releasing the first and they come out with a new ship meta to chase. Kind of ironic if you ask me.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    "Here, let us decrease JMK's time in the spotlight and make you choose not only between factions, but between ships and characters too!" Ironic indeed, love it when CG gets caught like this.
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member

Ravens isn't F2P.

You said f2p and some spenders can't keep up. Then you immediately changed your argument to new players not being able to keep up. You do this all the time, shifting your argument when anyone disagrees with you. What's the point in an actual discussion with someone who argues in bad faith?

Since when are new players and F2P/spender mutually exclusive?
    I didn't say new players but newer players. This game has been around for almost 6 years and because of that there are big differences between players. Someone who has been playing for 5 years has a very different experience than someone who has been playing for 2 or 3 years. Some might not struggle with Carbantis while others will.
    Am I allowed to only have one argument per discussion? Should I just keep repeating the same point until you are willing to respond seriously and not with a condescending gif?
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member

Ravens isn't F2P.

Coolio! Maybe you’ve got better drops in raids/prize boxes, had a specific GL longer to get better rewards/higher arena, spent more…etc etc.

Clearly I’m not the only one that thinks the gear economy needs to be balanced. Prominent CC’s and the vast majority of the community know it needs to be fixed. Heck, even you know it needs fixing 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member

Ravens isn't F2P.

Coolio! Maybe you’ve got better drops in raids/prize boxes, had a specific GL longer to get better rewards/higher arena, spent more…etc etc.

Clearly I’m not the only one that thinks the gear economy needs to be balanced. Prominent CC’s and the vast majority of the community know it needs to be fixed. Heck, even you know it needs fixing 🤷🏻‍♂️

Vast majority of the community?

Loudest, yes, agreed.
  • I for one love how every time the gear economy is brought up it always reverts to we as players must be wasting our resources if we don't have enough. for the past year and a half I have only worked on GL reqs. I am struggling to push Cad & Bo Katan to G12.

It's not about us players "wasting" our resources. You can't waste what you don't have. I've been getting crappy conquest loot boxes, something Crumb referenced as "easing" the gear crunch (spoiler alert: they've not eased anything); Tank rewards are and have always been horrible and they need to be improved. Raids have an awful lot of exclusive gear but they sure don't drop regularly for most of us.

But CG knows all this. They've known it for ages. Gathering more data is going to tell them the same thing they've known the whole time. At a certain point you stop collecting data and start acting on it. CG has failed to do so. I suspect, given the ad that popped up yesterday for the gear everyone's low on but everyone needs for $25, that CG's new business model is to just get us to pay for it directly.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    I for one love how every time the gear economy is brought up it always reverts to we as players must be wasting our resources if we don't have enough.

It's the only thing under your control though.