[MEGA] Road Ahead: July 2021

Replies

• SerylT2
    146 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Vast majority of the community?

Loudest, yes, agreed.

You are the only one on here even arguing against any gear crunch relief. Even Kyne admits it does need to be addressed even as he made excuses for why the Dev's won't do it yet. So calm down there boy.

• BaronFlame
    52 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Kyno wrote: »
    Many players are making it work, F2P with multiple GLs, and so on. Manageable meaning players are making it work at many levels.
    Making it work because they don't have the recourse isn't the same as making it work because it is "understandable". I guess players are making it work, the same way swallowing a drop of water while parched can still be called drinking water.
    Again, some people are understanding that there is a pace and that you can still work within that constraint.
    Again understanding isn't the same as "having no choice in the matter".
  • Ultra
    11450 posts Moderator
    I for one love how every time the gear economy is brought up it always reverts to we as players must be wasting our resources if we don't have enough. for the past year and a half I have only worked on GL reqs. I am struggling to push Cad & Bo Katan to G12.
    Yes, it is a struggle to work on the GL Reqs, and that's how it should be IMO

What's the point of chasing GLs if there are no efforts

What's the point of making GLs at the top of the meta, buffing them, if there was no struggle in acquiring them?

I can't sympathize with wanting hand-me downs to unlocking GLs - you shouldn't just get everything without putting in any effort

You understand how hard it is to acquire a GL, then you surely can understand what Crumb was saying regarding Non-GLs countering GLs

Regardless of how we feel about the gear economy, this Road Ahead is not about addressing that so don't expect any new changes or updates by bringing it up here
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    I for one love how every time the gear economy is brought up it always reverts to we as players must be wasting our resources if we don't have enough.

It's the only thing under your control though.

Yes, I choose what gear drops in CRancor, Pit, HAAT, Sith raid, Galactic Challenges, Assault Battles, Conquest, TW, TB, & store refreshes (been waiting 3 days for Mk 5 Stun Guns now and I check every refresh). That’s all under my control…lol.

I can control what energy I refresh, but 0-1 out of 10-15+ sims is not unusual to happen for me on drops. I can only control how I use the gear that trickles into my reach. There’s RNG aspect to how all gear is acquired. Over time the RNG evens out for the drops from active farming, but I have the same pool of options from all of the other events listed (could get something valuable, could not).

Honestly, I’m in a decent spot (top 5 Crancor, top 5 Sith, I max most GCs, Conquest max crate etc) and I still think there needs to be some adjustments made. That could come in the form of:
    -daily challenge gear additions
    -prize box alterations (quite tired of Mk 4 guns and carbs)
    -adjustment of drop rate from nodes
    -change to Conquest reward structure (don’t lose gear for obtaining higher prize crates)
    -have guild store offer stun guns…the list goes on

There are ways to improve this gear economy without it being an RNG-fest in what you will earn. There are ways of increasing the amount available without breaking CG’s bottom line and alienating players from chasing some of these difficult (still impossible for some) requirements out there.
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    I for one love how every time the gear economy is brought up it always reverts to we as players must be wasting our resources if we don't have enough. for the past year and a half I have only worked on GL reqs. I am struggling to push Cad & Bo Katan to G12.

What's the point of making GLs at the top of the meta, buffing them, if there was no struggle in acquiring them?

I can't sympathize with wanting hand-me downs to unlocking GLs - you shouldn't just get everything without putting in any effort

You understand how hard it is to acquire a GL, then you surely can understand what Crumb was saying regarding Non-GLs countering GLs

Regardless of how we feel about the gear economy, this Road Ahead is not about addressing that so don't expect any new changes or updates by bringing it up here

The road ahead directly affects the gear economy by introducing R9.
  • SerylT2
    146 posts Member

You took your response to the extreme end. Suggesting they and everyone arguing about gear want all the gear simply handed to them. That is unfair and insulting to suggest and you know it. With the introduction of relics gear levels diminished in value yet somehow maintained their bottleneck. All people are asking for is to make the process a little smoother in getting up to the point they can start the lengthy grind on Relics. Don't insult peoples intelligence by trying to claim they simply want it without effort.

• TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Konju wrote: »
    I for one love how every time the gear economy is brought up it always reverts to we as players must be wasting our resources if we don't have enough.

Yes, I choose what gear drops in CRancor, Pit, HAAT, Sith raid, Galactic Challenges, Assault Battles, Conquest, TW, TB, & store refreshes (been waiting 3 days for Mk 5 Stun Guns now and I check every refresh). That’s all under my control…lol.

I can control what energy I refresh, but 0-1 out of 10-15+ sims is not unusual to happen for me on drops. I can only control how I use the gear that trickles into my reach. There’s RNG aspect to how all gear is acquired. Over time the RNG evens out for the drops from active farming, but I have the same pool of options from all of the other events listed (could get something valuable, could not).

Honestly, I’m in a decent spot (top 5 Crancor, top 5 Sith, I max most GCs, Conquest max crate etc) and I still think there needs to be some adjustments made. That could come in the form of:
    -change to Conquest reward structure (don’t lose gear for obtaining higher prize crates)

There are ways to improve this gear economy without it being an RNG-fest in what you will earn. There are ways of increasing the amount available without breaking CG’s bottom line and alienating players from chasing some of these difficult (still impossible for some) requirements out there.

Obviously you control what you spend gear on.

Telling CG you need help might pay off some day but focusing your use of gear is a better bet.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »

Is there a secret button I'm unaware of that lets me select what gear I get in raids? Please, enlighten me to where it is!
  • Ultra
    11450 posts Moderator
    edited July 2021
    SerylT2 wrote: »

You took your response to the extreme end. Suggesting they and everyone arguing about gear want all the gear simply handed to them. That is unfair and insulting to suggest and you know it. With the introduction of relics gear levels diminished in value yet somehow maintained their bottleneck. All people are asking for is to make the process a little smoother in getting up to the point they can start the lengthy grind on Relics. Don't insult peoples intelligence by trying to claim they simply want it without effort.
    I don't think gear value has diminished with the introduction of relics, carbs, cuffs, guns, kyros are just as valuable as before the introduction of relics

You are scrapping the excess gear you don't use to relic up your toons (other than impulse detector but that's another topic)

Look who took whose response to the extreme end

Not insulting anybody, and no need to take everything as an offensive slight in an argument / debate if the other person doesn't agree with you
  • SerylT2
    146 posts Member
    ]I don't think gear value has diminished with the introduction of relics, carbs, cuffs, guns, kyros are just as valuable as before the introduction of relics

You are scrapping the excess gear you don't use to relic up your toons (other than impulse detector but that's another topic)

Look who took whose response to the extreme end

Exactly my point. You need more of each gear piece than you did before relics. The amount of gear needed today to get to the max point has multiplied compared to just a few years prior. Economics suggest that the value of an individual piece of salvage decreases then. The more you need to achieve your goal the less each individual piece is worth. If a gallon of milk today cost $100, that would mean the value of the dollar was significantly less than it was back when it cost $4. These are economics 101 my man. Take this lesson to heart <3

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    BaronFlame wrote: »
    Many players are making it work, F2P with multiple GLs, and so on. Manageable meaning players are making it work at many levels.
    Making it work because they don't have the recourse isn't the same as making it work because it is "understandable". I guess players are making it work, the same way swallowing a drop of water while parched can still be called drinking water.
    Again, some people are understanding that there is a pace and that you can still work within that constraint.
    Again understanding isn't the same as "having no choice in the matter".

Players who say they are f2p (I point this our because they are not speeding up thing with $$) claim to be very competitive. That seems to be making it work, on a real level since they are playing against other players who are either also making it work or are spending $$.

We all have many choices in the matter, in fact that's what players rely on to make things work, choices.
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member

Is there a secret button I'm unaware of that lets me select what gear I get in raids? Please, enlighten me to where it is!

TVF quoted only the part that fit his narrative. Right after complaining about bad faith arguments.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    edited July 2021

Telling CG you need help might pay off some day but focusing your use of gear is a better bet.
  • Ultra wrote: »

Having all but 2 characters ready for JMK is me putting no effort in and asking for hand me downs just asking for no mk4 stun guns in Conquest. Okay then. and Relic 9 is a freebie for the community then? No gear required to get it? That's interesting. Very uncharacteristic of CG to do something like that.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    th3evo wrote: »

TVF quoted only the part that fit his narrative. Right after complaining about bad faith arguments.

I quoted the part relevant to my argument.
  • Ultra wrote: »

As a F2P player it would take me about 6 months at minimum to get a GL with me placing 1st in fleet arena every single day. As it stands right now, you have get the rarity of the character up, get their gear levels up and relic them.
    For some GLs that includes getting a character you can only acquire through guild events like TB or by gearing another additional 5 or so units for it, pushing the 6th month timeline further back. With the introduction of new generations of GLs, the requirements are getting steeper and steeper.
    Easing the gear crunch won't bring it down drastically that grinding time and nor is asking for a relief wanting-a-hand-me-down. It will still require time, energy and patience.
    Your statement is outright condescending and egotistical. Period. If you can deal with the gear crunch good for you, but that is no way gives you the right to look down on the player base like that. Absolutely disgusting.
  • TVF wrote: »

And going for Jedi Master Kenobi is a waste of gear apparently. That's quite the hot take.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

And going for Jedi Master Kenobi is a waste of gear apparently. That's quite the hot take.

Nice job putting words in my mouth. Good luck with your gear crunch, sir or madam.
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member

It's not about us players "wasting" our resources. You can't waste what you don't have. I've been getting crappy conquest loot boxes, something Crumb referenced as "easing" the gear crunch (spoiler alert: they've not eased anything); Tank rewards are and have always been horrible and they need to be improved. Raids have an awful lot of exclusive gear but they sure don't drop regularly for most of us.

But CG knows all this. They've known it for ages. Gathering more data is going to tell them the same thing they've known the whole time. At a certain point you stop collecting data and start acting on it. CG has failed to do so. I suspect, given the ad that popped up yesterday for the gear everyone's low on but everyone needs for $25, that CG's new business model is to just get us to pay for it directly.

You ignored the part where he talks about gear acquisition being mostly RNG based which isn't something under our control.
  • SerylT2
    146 posts Member
    You ignored the part where he talks about gear acquisition being mostly RNG based which isn't something under our control.

TVF is just being combative, attacking people's arguments for just the sake of it. I'd recommend everyone just flat out ignore him. He just wants to trip up any logical debates, unlike Kyne and Ultra who are at least trying to be reasonable.

• TVF
    36526 posts Member

It's not about us players "wasting" our resources. You can't waste what you don't have. I've been getting crappy conquest loot boxes, something Crumb referenced as "easing" the gear crunch (spoiler alert: they've not eased anything); Tank rewards are and have always been horrible and they need to be improved. Raids have an awful lot of exclusive gear but they sure don't drop regularly for most of us.

But CG knows all this. They've known it for ages. Gathering more data is going to tell them the same thing they've known the whole time. At a certain point you stop collecting data and start acting on it. CG has failed to do so. I suspect, given the ad that popped up yesterday for the gear everyone's low on but everyone needs for $25, that CG's new business model is to just get us to pay for it directly.

1) Already addressed it from the other end
    2) "Mostly RNG" is still partly your fault, if you are relying on prize boxes to build your stockpiles
    3) Have a great day :smile:
  • AlexanderG wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Looooki wrote: »
    Nick_74 wrote: »
    Looooki wrote: »
    Sooooo let's get this out of the way ...

Has CG replied to any of the post yet ?
    Is Doja leaving CG ? Why the silence and crumb taking the lead ?
    When is the update dropping (Specific date)

And I guess the most important question ??
    - what data is CG using to arrive at this conclusion in the road ahead ?

Yes they have.

No. Because 1 - he is the lead, 2 - a little bit of not our business, not being rude, just saying people have lives.

No date yet.

Testing on relic levels.
    I Can understand that you need to do some changes but I don’t get the many of the nerfs like Thrawn and C 3po, how can this be related to relic levels?

Also if you read the comment it pretty clear that relic 9 is not wanted at this time especially since even the biggest whales are having a hard time reaching relic 8.

If my personal income was depending of a game like this and I got such a massive negative feedback I would be very worried

The defense ignoring and such is what is based on relic levels, some of the other changes were based on making/keeping GLs in the tip tier vs counters requiring lower investment (their words not me defending anything).

There will always be conflict when it comes to pushing development and the pace that which it can happen. Just like good character levels, shouldn't high level relic be harder to get or take longer? (Not taling about the other pinch points along the way)

The game is always dying, and each thing will always be the last straw. They look at the constructive feedback and they do their best to advocate for what they can when things like this happen. Unfortunately the player base is not always going to have the knowledge or wherewithal to gauge long term effects or future content/additions. Or the ability this may grant devs to make new toons at many levels more efficiently or possibly update older toons. This is not the players fault or anything like that, it's just the nature of being on the outside. I am also not saying this is right or the only way it could be. Or anything like that.

Kyno nobody has issues with rebalancing due to interactions with defense. That’s fine. However based on crumbs posts and the RA video itself, it’s clear they’re doing this to also neutralize non GL counters. That’s not ok, especially when after over a hundred pages regarding SEE and troopers, posts about JML vs DR, etc all of it was deemed WAI and ok by the devs. They had given it the green light and people invested specifically for counters to GL’s. Now they’re actively taking that investment away.

As for the gear crunch, sure the newest thing should be the hardest to obtain sure. Unfortunately there’s hasn’t been any alleviation from GEAR 8 gear crunches… when getting from g8 to G12 is still an insufferable grind, more progression is not ok. When getting from G12 to G13 is still an insufferable grind, more progression is not ok. When getting from G13 to R7 is still a massive grind, more progression is not ok. When getting from R7 to R8 is a huge resource sink and only several months old, more progression is not ok. Getting from R8 to R9 is going to be a massive resource dump if R8 is any indication, and what’s more they keep forcing us to use the same relic materials all the way from R1 through R8. Every single piece is the same beyond R5. Carbonite boards, bronzium wiring, chromium transistors, heatsinks, electrium conductors, zimbiddles and of course the signal data’s….that’s just relic.

Come on Kyno, I get you defending them as par the course but there’s nothing you can say to justify even more progression when G8 gear is still an issue 5 years into the game.

I was specifically speaking to the player talking about intro of 9 when 8 is hard to get and expressed that, but that's for ignoring that and saying I am in any way defending anything about gear levels. Cheers.

And I touched on that. R8 to R9 should still be difficult. Even getting to R8 should be tougher but any other mobile game in existence, even MSF with how money hungry and greedy they are have made gear progression easier as your time in the game goes on. Blue and purple gear? Used to be massive choke points like their G13 uniques and G15 currently are. Now? Purple gear is nothing. Getting to G12 is only bottlenecked by gold and training mats; which one will more available than the other, balancing it out over time.

CG hasn’t done that. At all. They’ve actually made the grind from G8-g13 worse with the introduction of kyro techs. Another 2 gear pieces to farm under the guise of it “alleviating the stun gun crunch” lmao nope, still there! Just worse now.

What you’re missing the point on even with the person you were talking to is that it’s not an issue of a several month old gear level being hard to obtain. It’s a 5 year old gear issue still being a massive choke point.

I’m sorry but listening to crumb dance around the question regarding the gear economy in that podcast was the most disingenuous and maddening thing from that whole segment. He’s literally saying that they know how to get more gear to us but don’t want to because they don’t want to completely lose those bottlenecks at lower levels over time. Excuse me? I get keeping those bottlenecks in place so new accounts don’t just gear up in one week, but players that have been in the game for a year or two, let alone since day one, should not be unable to bring characters to G12 with little inconvenience given the bottlenecks still in place at G12, G12+, G13 and every relic level.

But you are wrong, they have dealt with it "naturally" like they said they are sticking to, at the moment. That is why we have increased income of many pieces over time. Yes this was been fairly in line with the need, which keeps the pace where it is, but that is also needed. We have not slowed in any of these incomes which would be a sign of them not doing anything to address this.

I am also disheartened by the direct statement that we will not see more of a distinct action to deal with gear (although I have been suspecting as such from the discussions I have had/seen), but I still think there are still possibilities for them to deal with this through existing game modes.

I have not listened yet, but I get that, they still want a development cycle in the early stages like we had then.

Also, their “natural” fixes haven’t done anything to specifically target gear crunches that are hindering us all. Crumb mentioned Conquest and GC’s….umm no that doesn’t guarantee even crunch gear rewarded when you have mk4 carbs and guns in the prize boxes and nerf the rewards as you progress rather than reward more. Same for GC’s as that’s more tuned for mod slicing materials.

What natural things? The daily prize box? I’m sorry I think it’s been almost a month since I saw mk5 guns, mk3 cuffs or mk8 biotech as a prize from there.

Kyro’s? That made the gear grind WORSE. Not better

Raid rewards? The same tank rewards in both HAAT and HSTR? Mk6 thermals? Mk4 holodiscs. Mk10 and 11 weapontechs? To this day the best rewards are in the normal Rancor Raids. Crancor is a mixed bag because you could end up with G5 gear or something as great as fully crafted mk5 gun or kyro templates. However to this day I’ve gotten none of that. The best I got was fully crafted G12 gear like the mk12 blast armor.

Where’s the natural help?

How to actually fix it?

Daily challenge rewards? Oh look a solution….

Guaranteeing gear drops or upping the drop rates? I mean….that could work too.

Reworking prize boxes in current game modes? That could work too

There’s several ways for the to do it. They can do it. What they lack is will or the capacity

How early does a player get r3 or r5? Having enough characters to do daily challenges doeant really sound like a later stage of a roster.

What current prize boxes have an sort of real divide? Basically Conquest is the only one.

There are not several ways that actually offer any divide, which is what they seem to be looking for.

Just something off topic but still related to Gear Crunch. How abt CRancor ? They said they will flatten the reward structure. How has that turned out ? And CRancor is something new.

Ok back to topic. Daily challenges should be updated, along with arena shop etc.

Daily challenges can have a newer tier with better rewards

Shops should be updated with current gear that is needed (add a cap if you want to stop people from hording)

All these can be done by scaling up the difficulty. Is only a matter of does CG want to do it or not.

Before someone stone me to death, CG has done this before. Take CRancor as an example. A reskin of the original rancor but much higher difficulty and "better gear" rewards.

I agree there are many places they could add things to help with the pinch points. It seems they want to have it done in a way that doesnt just remove it all together and that there is some transition point, and they want to use existing modes. Sure this can be done, and sure it doesnt seem to be the highest priority, since it hasn't happened yet, but the current system is manageable and for some there is a level of understanding there.

In the end changes will happen, and we will see how they want that transition to happen and at what point in development that falls. It is likely to not be a simple solution or as simple as some feel it should be, but we shall see.

So you agree? There are day one gear bottlenecks that should be taken care of? There are many ways that they can do this, but they just have chosen to do nothing about it? Meaning that the whole podcast dance Crumb just pulled was a fallacy.

Kyno, honestly the community is tired of their excuses as to why the gear economy is in the state it’s in. The system is not manageable anymore as they further require R8 as basic entry points to unlock units now. They’ve had almost a year since they claimed that they’re taking a hard and more in depth look at the gear economy. It takes longer than that? Ok, because they’ve known this was an issue for longer than that and still have refused to do something about it.

There’s no excuse anymore. They can’t keep claiming they don’t know how to fix it after how long it’s been an issue. The economy needs rebalancing. Bottlenecks are totally fine in the game for the newest and even relatively new thing. Day one gear? Sorry but any other mobile game in existence similar to this one has relieved day one hour points as new gear progression is announced and implemented

When have I said there isnt a bottle neck, day one is debatable, but sure things that have been in the game since day one are on the list. We have been discussing how to fix it, so yes there are pinch points that players need to manage.

Yes they have been dealing with and looking at the situation in many ways. They have been keeping it going, even with some level of increasing demand. Before and after the shard increase they looked at a similar overhaul or changes, and have seemingly concluded that this cannot happen and preserve the points they wish to, so they are looking at a different approach to satisfy all the points in a natural way.

Please show me the quote where they said they do not know how to fix this.

The economy as a whole is not going to be rebalanced, that is what they are saying.

Watch the podcast from the other night. When asked about the gear crunch Crumb danced around the questions regarding the gear economy and couldn’t give a straight answer and said they didn’t know how to tackle the gear economy yet. Sometime after the 50 minute mark for your reference.

I'm not trying to argue against you or say the developers are right in this but when the community managers obfuscate or say "they don't know how" it seems to me that the issue here is those gear pieces probably generate a lot of revenue. So how do the devs go to the actual decision makers (at EA, presumably) with a proposal to include stun guns in challenges or whatever, without a way of offsetting the cost by raising revenue elsewhere?

Like most businesses, I don't suppose they want to give away what they can otherwise sell.

They say let's introduce relic 9! That's the whole point. They're adding gear levels but not alleviating earlier gear crunches. So they continue with the money they've been making and add even more
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member

Ultra nobody is asking for freebies. I literally pointed out a way they could bring guns, cuffs, bios and kyros to the same level as mk3 carbs. Mk3 carbs are more available than the rest of the gear listed but it’s not a choke point anymore. It’s a pinch point. Thats fine.

Nobody is saying “I want JMK now for free!” However now that he’s out maybe people don’t wanna spend a year on his reqs. Maybe 6 months would be more fair? Although it’s a bit closer anyway since JMK is relatively easy but I digress. Lord Vader seems like he’s gonna be a pain to get based on the gear the BB need…anyway….

I have 3 GL’s, but crumbs sentiment on axing non GL counters is still lame. I built up my non GL counters as well and they aren’t G12. They aren’t G11 with junk mods. They require high relics, very specific modding and team compositions. I can’t just toss Vader with random toons and say “easy!” That’s why it’s such an issue because now that non GL counters are being ripped away, GL’s are the forced farms to stay competitive in PvP. That requires insane gear and relic sinks. On top of that they add ANOTHER progression level with R9.

They may not have intended the gear economy to come up, but with these changes, they inadvertently (hard to believe) made this issue front and center. They’re not fools. They know what they can do to fix the economy without affecting their bottom dollar. They just want to raise that, but they’re doing it in a shady way that long term is looking like it’ll hurt it. Like I said before, buyer fatigue.
  • Asking for the gear crunch to be addressed when Relic 9 is announced is coming is equal to asking for a handout???

Let's not get too extreme here. The gear crunch was made harder by the introduction of Kyros and now new toons are requiring more Kyros than ever before, (like the Bad Batch) WITHOUT easing the gear choke points from before. Thus Relic 9 begs the ever present issue of the gear crunch to be discussed AND @CG_SBCrumb_MINI and @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI have asked for feedback repeatedly, on the RA and in the podcast interview..

also, the Devs addressed the shard issue, (Accelerated) and now have forced the gear issue to come back up because they keep saying, "We looking into it.." It gives us false hope that it will be addressed when they could have been upfront about it from the beginning and said, "The gear requirements are what they are. Take it or leave it.."

It's on them...
  • Ultra
    11450 posts Moderator
    BaronFlame wrote: »

As a F2P player it would take me about 6 months at minimum to get a GL with me placing 1st in fleet arena every single day. As it stands right now, you have get the rarity of the character up, get their gear levels up and relic them.
    For some GLs that includes getting a character you can only acquire through guild events like TB or by gearing another additional 5 or so units for it, pushing the 6th month timeline further back. With the introduction of new generations of GLs, the requirements are getting steeper and steeper.
    Easing the gear crunch won't bring it down drastically that grinding time and nor is asking for a relief wanting-a-hand-me-down. It will still require time, energy and patience.
    Your statement is outright condescending and egotistical. Period. If you can deal with the gear crunch good for you, but that is no way gives you the right to look down on the player base like that. Absolutely disgusting.

I remember people were claiming that unlocking will take a year F2P when they first announced the set of GL requirements every 2 weeks, but most people in my shard chat (~40), and guild were able to get 2 GLs (SLKR and Rey) in 4~6 months

I have farmed 3 GLs f2p ($0.00 spent) myself before i started spending on the game and months of grinding was never a problem for me, playing free means you agree to be patient about it

And this was before four/five GLs had accelerated shards

so its not like I don't understand the struggle but lets continue to assume i've never struggled in this game lol

Either way, I'm not discussing the gear struggle or time to unlock a GL since it has nothing to do with the Road Ahead (R9 and this aren't the same thing), and its not productive for me to engage in because people already have preconceived notions about my opinions and experience in the game
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    I think Kyro is a crunch for sure, especially now given how much you already need for just LV Group 1 in combination with the requirements for Exec.

Haven't had a problem with stun guns or cuffs in forever.

Kyros, Guns, biotechs for me. I’ve been able to maneuver cuffs to be manageable but I can’t get all 4 under control. It’s not possible given the current economy

It's not possible....for you.

More like - It's not possible....for F2P.

Ravens isn't F2P.

Since this road ahead dropped I am; unless they wanna do the right thing and alter these non GL counters or fix the gear economy. Shame, I just got some iTunes cards and was gonna buy a vault or two to top off my farm for either JMK or more likely Lord Vader. Oh well 🤷‍♀️

I'm F2P for longer than that and I've got it covered. 🤷‍♀️

Coolio! Maybe you’ve got better drops in raids/prize boxes, had a specific GL longer to get better rewards/higher arena, spent more…etc etc.

Clearly I’m not the only one that thinks the gear economy needs to be balanced. Prominent CC’s and the vast majority of the community know it needs to be fixed. Heck, even you know it needs fixing 🤷🏻‍♂️

Vast majority of the community?

Loudest, yes, agreed.

Yes and there are many people screaming at CG to fix the gear economy that they just made worse.

Also, I can’t spend the gear I don’t have…that’s the point. If they made guns, cuffs, bio and kyros as readily available in challenges and stores and brought them to the same level I see your argument. However when I have a few hundred mk3 carbs, but only just barely as many kyros, guns, cuffs and biotech components….that’s an issue. And I haven’t been upgrading anyone that isn’t already G13 in the last few weeks
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member

Its not like I just got Gam Guard to R5 and then I’m frustrated…I’m on my 3rd GL farm in 3.5 years of playing. I’m not asking for it to be easy or get help from CG, I’m asking them to address the “price to income” gap they continually inflate with these new gear tiers and relic levels. They can do that in any number of ways I’ve listed above (or perhaps another method I did not mention).

*Note: my roster isn’t perfect. I’ve “wasted” resources chasing the CRancor completion for my guild before 2.0 (bumping characters from R4-R5). Aside from that, for the past year, I’ve been on a hard line focus for what I am farming. I have unlocked GAS, JKL, JML, SLKR, finished Shaak/Clones and am now 7 Bo shards from JMK tix farming in under a year. I assure you, I am quite focused, my friend.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member

2) "Mostly RNG" is still partly your fault, if you are relying on prize boxes to build your stockpiles

2.) Then why did Crumb say that those prize boxes in Raids, GC, Conquest and daily objectives, and the like alleviate gear crunch? If they aren’t meant to be sources of income why are devs specifically citing those as great sources of gear to alleviate the gear crunch?
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

2.) Then why did Crumb say that those prize boxes in Raids, GC, Conquest and daily objectives, and the like alleviate gear crunch? If they aren’t meant to be sources of income why are devs specifically citing those as great sources of gear to alleviate the gear crunch?

You'd have to ask Crumb. Believe it or not, I play the game that exists, not what the devs claim exists. And I don't rely on prize boxes. They help when you get good RNG, yes, but I don't live box-to-box.