[MEGA] Road Ahead: July 2021

Replies

• TVF
    36519 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    ShaggyB wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    I also have health insurance :sunglasses:

Hahahha. But do you have close to 3000 of this health insurance you speak of?

Yes - i've never once used it.

EDIT: Wait that's life insurance.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

So now follow up. How long did it take you to hoard all that? What’s your daily arena finish and what’s your daily fleet finish?

Hey, you doubted me, I responded.

Not to mention you already have the answer to all three of your questions.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    One more thing to add though, I didn't get four GLs (including JMK) by never using any of it.
  • Sorry to interrupt, but gettingback on topic : are we not getting any conquest in august, or do they not have conquests on the event calandar ?
  • I understand conquest 7 is delayed, but any details beyond that?
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    I'd have to look to be sure but I don't remember conquests ever being on the monthly calendar.
  • Conquests just randomly start counting down in-game. the only early notice I've ever seen is Kyno telling ppl on the forums "Conquest starts on XX" bc he's found out from devs/Doja/Crumb.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member

So now follow up. How long did it take you to hoard all that? What’s your daily arena finish and what’s your daily fleet finish?

I’m supposed to know how long you’ve been hoarding for? Interesting. And yes I did doubt you. I still doubt that unless you’ve been hoarding for quite awhile that you didn’t spend more than you claim. More to the point though, depending on how long it took you to hoard everything, proves my overall point.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member

I’m supposed to know how long you’ve been hoarding for? Interesting. And yes I did doubt you. I still doubt that unless you’ve been hoarding for quite awhile that you didn’t spend more than you claim. More to the point though, depending on how long it took you to hoard everything, proves my overall point.

I said how long I've been playing for. As I already said, I continue to gear important things (including newest meta and enough LSTB teams to pull 71 waves last time) so "how long have I been hoarding" is otherwise irrelevant since I'm not strictly hoarding, I'm taking in more than i use.

You can disbelieve I've spent $450 if you want, shrug.

I don't care what your overall point is. My point is that I figured out a way to make the "gear economy problem" irrelevant to me, or if you prefer, way less relevant to me than to you.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Anyway, I'm out of the discussion. Good luck with your quest.
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    Magruffin wrote: »
    Sorry to interrupt, but gettingback on topic : are we not getting any conquest in august, or do they not have conquests on the event calandar ?

Conquests were supposed to run the first two weeks of each month. As other said before, CG stated that it would be different this time, because it takes time to implement all the changes, but we should have 3 conquests in the next 3 month(ish)s.
  • Starslayer wrote: »
    Sorry to interrupt, but gettingback on topic : are we not getting any conquest in august, or do they not have conquests on the event calandar ?

Conquests were supposed to run the first two weeks of each month. As other said before, CG stated that it would be different this time, because it takes time to implement all the changes, but we should have 3 conquests in the next 3 month(ish)s.

Roger roger
    Hopefully they'll add them/start adding them to events calendar in the future
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Looooki wrote: »
    Nick_74 wrote: »
    Looooki wrote: »
    Sooooo let's get this out of the way ...

Has CG replied to any of the post yet ?
    Is Doja leaving CG ? Why the silence and crumb taking the lead ?
    When is the update dropping (Specific date)

And I guess the most important question ??
    - what data is CG using to arrive at this conclusion in the road ahead ?

Yes they have.

No. Because 1 - he is the lead, 2 - a little bit of not our business, not being rude, just saying people have lives.

No date yet.

Testing on relic levels.
    I Can understand that you need to do some changes but I don’t get the many of the nerfs like Thrawn and C 3po, how can this be related to relic levels?

Also if you read the comment it pretty clear that relic 9 is not wanted at this time especially since even the biggest whales are having a hard time reaching relic 8.

If my personal income was depending of a game like this and I got such a massive negative feedback I would be very worried

The defense ignoring and such is what is based on relic levels, some of the other changes were based on making/keeping GLs in the tip tier vs counters requiring lower investment (their words not me defending anything).

There will always be conflict when it comes to pushing development and the pace that which it can happen. Just like good character levels, shouldn't high level relic be harder to get or take longer? (Not taling about the other pinch points along the way)

The game is always dying, and each thing will always be the last straw. They look at the constructive feedback and they do their best to advocate for what they can when things like this happen. Unfortunately the player base is not always going to have the knowledge or wherewithal to gauge long term effects or future content/additions. Or the ability this may grant devs to make new toons at many levels more efficiently or possibly update older toons. This is not the players fault or anything like that, it's just the nature of being on the outside. I am also not saying this is right or the only way it could be. Or anything like that.

Kyno nobody has issues with rebalancing due to interactions with defense. That’s fine. However based on crumbs posts and the RA video itself, it’s clear they’re doing this to also neutralize non GL counters. That’s not ok, especially when after over a hundred pages regarding SEE and troopers, posts about JML vs DR, etc all of it was deemed WAI and ok by the devs. They had given it the green light and people invested specifically for counters to GL’s. Now they’re actively taking that investment away.

As for the gear crunch, sure the newest thing should be the hardest to obtain sure. Unfortunately there’s hasn’t been any alleviation from GEAR 8 gear crunches… when getting from g8 to G12 is still an insufferable grind, more progression is not ok. When getting from G12 to G13 is still an insufferable grind, more progression is not ok. When getting from G13 to R7 is still a massive grind, more progression is not ok. When getting from R7 to R8 is a huge resource sink and only several months old, more progression is not ok. Getting from R8 to R9 is going to be a massive resource dump if R8 is any indication, and what’s more they keep forcing us to use the same relic materials all the way from R1 through R8. Every single piece is the same beyond R5. Carbonite boards, bronzium wiring, chromium transistors, heatsinks, electrium conductors, zimbiddles and of course the signal data’s….that’s just relic.

Come on Kyno, I get you defending them as par the course but there’s nothing you can say to justify even more progression when G8 gear is still an issue 5 years into the game.

I was specifically speaking to the player talking about intro of 9 when 8 is hard to get and expressed that, but that's for ignoring that and saying I am in any way defending anything about gear levels. Cheers.

And I touched on that. R8 to R9 should still be difficult. Even getting to R8 should be tougher but any other mobile game in existence, even MSF with how money hungry and greedy they are have made gear progression easier as your time in the game goes on. Blue and purple gear? Used to be massive choke points like their G13 uniques and G15 currently are. Now? Purple gear is nothing. Getting to G12 is only bottlenecked by gold and training mats; which one will more available than the other, balancing it out over time.

CG hasn’t done that. At all. They’ve actually made the grind from G8-g13 worse with the introduction of kyro techs. Another 2 gear pieces to farm under the guise of it “alleviating the stun gun crunch” lmao nope, still there! Just worse now.

What you’re missing the point on even with the person you were talking to is that it’s not an issue of a several month old gear level being hard to obtain. It’s a 5 year old gear issue still being a massive choke point.

I’m sorry but listening to crumb dance around the question regarding the gear economy in that podcast was the most disingenuous and maddening thing from that whole segment. He’s literally saying that they know how to get more gear to us but don’t want to because they don’t want to completely lose those bottlenecks at lower levels over time. Excuse me? I get keeping those bottlenecks in place so new accounts don’t just gear up in one week, but players that have been in the game for a year or two, let alone since day one, should not be unable to bring characters to G12 with little inconvenience given the bottlenecks still in place at G12, G12+, G13 and every relic level.

But you are wrong, they have dealt with it "naturally" like they said they are sticking to, at the moment. That is why we have increased income of many pieces over time. Yes this was been fairly in line with the need, which keeps the pace where it is, but that is also needed. We have not slowed in any of these incomes which would be a sign of them not doing anything to address this.

I am also disheartened by the direct statement that we will not see more of a distinct action to deal with gear (although I have been suspecting as such from the discussions I have had/seen), but I still think there are still possibilities for them to deal with this through existing game modes.

I have not listened yet, but I get that, they still want a development cycle in the early stages like we had then.

Also, their “natural” fixes haven’t done anything to specifically target gear crunches that are hindering us all. Crumb mentioned Conquest and GC’s….umm no that doesn’t guarantee even crunch gear rewarded when you have mk4 carbs and guns in the prize boxes and nerf the rewards as you progress rather than reward more. Same for GC’s as that’s more tuned for mod slicing materials.

What natural things? The daily prize box? I’m sorry I think it’s been almost a month since I saw mk5 guns, mk3 cuffs or mk8 biotech as a prize from there.

Kyro’s? That made the gear grind WORSE. Not better

Raid rewards? The same tank rewards in both HAAT and HSTR? Mk6 thermals? Mk4 holodiscs. Mk10 and 11 weapontechs? To this day the best rewards are in the normal Rancor Raids. Crancor is a mixed bag because you could end up with G5 gear or something as great as fully crafted mk5 gun or kyro templates. However to this day I’ve gotten none of that. The best I got was fully crafted G12 gear like the mk12 blast armor.

Where’s the natural help?

How to actually fix it?

Daily challenge rewards? Oh look a solution….

Guaranteeing gear drops or upping the drop rates? I mean….that could work too.

Reworking prize boxes in current game modes? That could work too

There’s several ways for the to do it. They can do it. What they lack is will or the capacity

How early does a player get r3 or r5? Having enough characters to do daily challenges doeant really sound like a later stage of a roster.

What current prize boxes have an sort of real divide? Basically Conquest is the only one.

There are not several ways that actually offer any divide, which is what they seem to be looking for.

Just something off topic but still related to Gear Crunch. How abt CRancor ? They said they will flatten the reward structure. How has that turned out ? And CRancor is something new.

Ok back to topic. Daily challenges should be updated, along with arena shop etc.

Daily challenges can have a newer tier with better rewards

Shops should be updated with current gear that is needed (add a cap if you want to stop people from hording)

All these can be done by scaling up the difficulty. Is only a matter of does CG want to do it or not.

Before someone stone me to death, CG has done this before. Take CRancor as an example. A reskin of the original rancor but much higher difficulty and "better gear" rewards.

I agree there are many places they could add things to help with the pinch points. It seems they want to have it done in a way that doesnt just remove it all together and that there is some transition point, and they want to use existing modes. Sure this can be done, and sure it doesnt seem to be the highest priority, since it hasn't happened yet, but the current system is manageable and for some there is a level of understanding there.

In the end changes will happen, and we will see how they want that transition to happen and at what point in development that falls. It is likely to not be a simple solution or as simple as some feel it should be, but we shall see.

So you agree? There are day one gear bottlenecks that should be taken care of? There are many ways that they can do this, but they just have chosen to do nothing about it? Meaning that the whole podcast dance Crumb just pulled was a fallacy.

Kyno, honestly the community is tired of their excuses as to why the gear economy is in the state it’s in. The system is not manageable anymore as they further require R8 as basic entry points to unlock units now. They’ve had almost a year since they claimed that they’re taking a hard and more in depth look at the gear economy. It takes longer than that? Ok, because they’ve known this was an issue for longer than that and still have refused to do something about it.

There’s no excuse anymore. They can’t keep claiming they don’t know how to fix it after how long it’s been an issue. The economy needs rebalancing. Bottlenecks are totally fine in the game for the newest and even relatively new thing. Day one gear? Sorry but any other mobile game in existence similar to this one has relieved day one hour points as new gear progression is announced and implemented

When have I said there isnt a bottle neck, day one is debatable, but sure things that have been in the game since day one are on the list. We have been discussing how to fix it, so yes there are pinch points that players need to manage.

Yes they have been dealing with and looking at the situation in many ways. They have been keeping it going, even with some level of increasing demand. Before and after the shard increase they looked at a similar overhaul or changes, and have seemingly concluded that this cannot happen and preserve the points they wish to, so they are looking at a different approach to satisfy all the points in a natural way.

Please show me the quote where they said they do not know how to fix this.

The economy as a whole is not going to be rebalanced, that is what they are saying.

Watch the podcast from the other night. When asked about the gear crunch Crumb danced around the questions regarding the gear economy and couldn’t give a straight answer and said they didn’t know how to tackle the gear economy yet. Sometime after the 50 minute mark for your reference.

I'm not trying to argue against you or say the developers are right in this but when the community managers obfuscate or say "they don't know how" it seems to me that the issue here is those gear pieces probably generate a lot of revenue. So how do the devs go to the actual decision makers (at EA, presumably) with a proposal to include stun guns in challenges or whatever, without a way of offsetting the cost by raising revenue elsewhere?

Like most businesses, I don't suppose they want to give away what they can otherwise sell.

They say let's introduce relic 9! That's the whole point. They're adding gear levels but not alleviating earlier gear crunches. So they continue with the money they've been making and add even more

I'm not disagreeing- I'm just speculating why the community bods dodge around the issue - they just don't want to say "we can't alleviate stun guns etc as gear brings in a tonne of cash".

We know that kyros weren't meant to help, they were just a further hurdle for those that had managed to get on top of guns, cuffs et al.

To be fair, if you do your daily quests, pass challenge tier 1 of each assault battle and do not too bad in gac (aurodium and 2 victories in 12 matches), you generate 250 kyros monthly.

Maybe not enough, but nothing to sneeze at imo.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    edited July 2021
    I understand conquest 7 is delayed, but any details beyond that?
    Nope

From the way it sounded - they are positive they can get a conquest running by September at least
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    I understand conquest 7 is delayed, but any details beyond that?
    Nope

From the way it sounded - I don’t think even CG knows when the next conquest will be ready but they are positive they can get a conquest running by September at least

:grimace:
  • Dang...its going to missed in August
    Thanks @Ultra
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    They said 3 conquest by the end of October

So worst case scenario 3 back to back conquests

Mid sept , early October and mid October is what I’m going with unless they tell us otherwise
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    edited July 2021
    Dang...its going to missed in August
    Thanks @Ultra

We might get a conquest in August - I’m speculating here based on the RA video

Best case scenario we get a conquest next week
  • Qutnerf
    10 posts Member
    Nerf is always unfair, you should take care when design new characters, but a massive nerf is a like a new game. What if my strategy was avoiding gls because their high pg? You dont care, you only want to make cash but promoting no talent playing could kill the game in the future. This was a very good strategy game an it was open to f2p o players who spent a little money. Now with your current filosophy of counters and resources thats over. You are going to kill strategy first, then the game will fall by its own.
  • Guys.

I'm not free to play, I spend quite a bit actually. But I still work on a budget - think mini dolphin rather than whale! And I have lots of guild mates who sit between FTP and mini dolphin. I enjoy the game and stuff like new toons and the Conquest mode have been positive.

But I'd like for you to make an honest statement about how the changes you propose fit into a general intention around FTP and those who spend but not madly. You have a right to make money on the game but your player base is a delicate ecosystem that can be easily destroyed by failing to understand "the interconnectedness of all things" :smile: Spending in my view is an acceptable path to unlocking faster toons and content, but that content must always be achievable through non whale routes, albeit on a longer timescale, and the game must have a balance that makes it fun for those players and viable for non elite guilds to survive and thrive.

For example if you can never get R8 (&R9?!) materials without completing cPit or T6/7 Conquest rewards, and you can't beat the Conquest GLs without having one or more GLs and you can't get into a top guild without having a GL and the GLs require toons to be collected to R8..... It's an obvious and impossible cycle that will put a lot of keen players off. I believe a lot of people fear that FTP, and by extension, anyone less than a fully committed whale, and the guilds in which they play could be doomed if that balanced is not sensitively struck.

Think "Game of War" if you want an example that people like me used to play but abandoned because it became literally no fun to play if you were not always throwing a lot of money at it. A game is not supposed to be about throwing money at it. It's about achieving, striving, working with team mates, mastering mods and other subtleties. The income for you, much as it is absolutely necessary to allow the game to exist and be further developed, needs to look largely inconsequential to the player/customer rather than a necessity. You have probably heard of this framed as "customer centricity". Make us happy and we likely buy more. Make us pay more to be happy and we leave and find happiness elsewhere. A clear statement of intention would help I think.

Hotblack Desiato/Nemesis in The Balanced Empire
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Something puzzle me now that Executor is a thing. What’s next ? Which iconic behemoth of a ship could become available later in game to match the power of the Executor ?

The DEATH STAR, an armored space station with enough power to destroy an entire planet.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Anyway, I'm out of the discussion. Good luck with your quest.

Ok so you’ve been hoarding for quite awhile now. Gotcha. It took you years to get that kind of surplus. Got it.
  • TVF should play the way he wants to play. Nothing I'm about to say is knock against him.

He cuts a lot of corners. Whether those corners are worth getting GLs on day one is up to him.
    • 6.6M GP is on the low side for someone playing as long as he has been.
    • Geos are all G12, so I doubt they're good enough to beat the P4 SM. Although, with the incoming Wat nerf, I'm not sure r4 bugs will be enough anymore either.
    • His Troopers are basically non-existant.
    • Curious what his KAM win rate is with his 501st. I'd wager around 75-80% with proper play, but I can't say because mine have been more relic'd since my first attempt.
    • Bounty Hunters are undeveloped.
    • Rebel Fighters are undeveloped.
    • BAM team undeveloped (though up til now, I agree with his decision to wait on them)
    • DR team under-developed
    • G11 triumvirate
    • r3 Vader and missing many of the auxiliary teams for the Vader counter to Rey, which is about to be killed by CG anyway

His goal seems to be to stay on top of the meta and nothing else. If so, he's doing a great job and has amazing discispline to not chase any "passion projects" or "fun teams". However, his experience and goals are probably not in line with most players. It also means these incoming nerfs will have much lower impact on him than others.

In other words, who cares about his stash and such? You can tell by looking at his roster what his strategy is, and it clearly works for him. Unless you want to play the game the same way he does, these queries reveal nothing.

On the flip side, would be great if he would be more sympathetic to those whose gameplay/development strategy and experience are about to be very upended by the nerfs.
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    Hotblack wrote: »

For example if you can never get R8 (&R9?!) materials without completing cPit or T6/7 Conquest rewards, and you can't beat the Conquest GLs without having one or more GLs and you can't get into a top guild without having a GL and the GLs require toons to be collected to R8..... It's an obvious and impossible cycle that will put a lot of keen players off.

Interesting point, but your forgot the 4 GLs that are available without r8. A new player could (and probably should) start there.

• MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    BaronFlame wrote: »
    Many players are making it work, F2P with multiple GLs, and so on. Manageable meaning players are making it work at many levels.
    Making it work because they don't have the recourse isn't the same as making it work because it is "understandable". I guess players are making it work, the same way swallowing a drop of water while parched can still be called drinking water.
    Again, some people are understanding that there is a pace and that you can still work within that constraint.
    Again understanding isn't the same as "having no choice in the matter".

Players who say they are f2p (I point this our because they are not speeding up thing with $$) claim to be very competitive. That seems to be making it work, on a real level since they are playing against other players who are either also making it work or are spending $$.

We all have many choices in the matter, in fact that's what players rely on to make things work, choices.

I'm one of those, please don't use us for your argument. We've been farming both arena tops forever to make it work...which is by the nature of arena top not feasible for the population at wide.

Yes, yes, of course I should not point to examples that support the argument you dont like. Sorry about that.

That's just lol, as you well know I'm by far a minority amongst f2p. It doesn't lift the problem at large in any meaningful way. If it was upto me, do NOT lift the old gear bottlenecks, just gimme g12+ and kyros!

I dont know about by far, but I never said this was a majority. But players can and do make it work, even not at your level.

You know by far simply by calculating how many people can possibly fit on arena tops (where you can assume all are f2p if you want to). That by a simple token makes me by far a minority amongst f2p.

Top 10, or even top 20 have a decent payout, and there are a lot of shards, but also we have 24 POs in a day.... that's a lot of possible spots, and while I understand you are certain that you are a minority, and "by far", there is no actual way for you to know that, or even provide any data to that. So while you may be good, you are not the only one, and may not be "by far" the minority.

Only top 5 pays decently. You are artificially stretching it beyond reason to drive your argument. You are inventing people that are capable of top 10...but not 1, or top 20 but not 5.

My argument has nothing to do with me being good, just that what I'm doing being possible by being both arena top farming since the game existed.

I've yet to see a shard as active as 24*5 people circulate the top. The cordon at the top warrants that not to be case. Theoratically possible =/=reality.

All I was outlining was possible locations for players to get to, and saying that even if you were the second best, there is still a fair amount of room where others can get to, and make it work. In my previous post I also said make it work at many levels.

I am working from the understanding that the point is to have fun, and that to some being competitive is fun. People want more gear to have more toons ready or at a higher level to have fun with them. That doesnt mean players (more than just you) are cant make it work and have fun.

Cool, so keep not addressing the gear crunch people are rightfully complaining about and make it about your abstract idea of fun (under the gear crunch that does or doesn't exist? decide)

How am I not addressing the gear crunch?

I have acknowledged this, a few times at this point.

And yes players do have fun, i know its shocking that someone would point out that through thoughtful planning and management of resources, some players out there have fun, but its true.

I hope and have expressed and show/linked many of the thoughts and ideas about this to the dev team. As I express to many players in different threads that while this is part of the process and the process can take time (longer than player want) the best way to enjoy yourself is to find ways to work around/through the issues, because even if/when they do get addressed that plan will very likely still work and help you get even further.

I haven't discussed all these threads you are bringing up now which I have no disagreement with, but doesn't have to do with what I originally said . My point was high performing f2p that makes do with gear crunch is a rarity, low percentage of all there is and is tied to arena top performance and is not an implicator of playerbases general experience.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    TVF should play the way he wants to play. Nothing I'm about to say is knock against him.

He cuts a lot of corners. Whether those corners are worth getting GLs on day one is up to him.
    • Geos are all G12, so I doubt they're good enough to beat the P4 SM. Although, with the incoming Wat nerf, I'm not sure r4 bugs will be enough anymore either.
    • Curious what his KAM win rate is with his 501st. I'd wager around 75-80% with proper play, but I can't say because mine have been more relic'd since my first attempt.
    • BAM team undeveloped (though up til now, I agree with his decision to wait on them)
    • G11 triumvirate
    • r3 Vader and missing many of the auxiliary teams for the Vader counter to Rey, which is about to be killed by CG anyway

His goal seems to be to stay on top of the meta and nothing else. If so, he's doing a great job and has amazing discispline to not chase any "passion projects" or "fun teams". However, his experience and goals are probably not in line with most players. It also means these incoming nerfs will have much lower impact on him than others.

In other words, who cares about his stash and such? You can tell by looking at his roster what his strategy is, and it clearly works for him. Unless you want to play the game the same way he does, these queries reveal nothing.

On the flip side, would be great if he would be more sympathetic to those whose gameplay/development strategy and experience are about to be very upended by the nerfs.

Decent analysis. However to your point about staying on top of the meta and nothing else, hard disagree. First of all, this play style pays huge dividends in GAC, which in turn provides a steady slicing income (see next point). Secondly, the biggest place for growth in our guild is LSTB, where I was second last time with 71 waves (top was 72) and contributed what I believe is my fourth KAM shard out of four attempts. Yes my relics are a touch low but mods make up for that.

I guess you can point to G12 geos not beating P4 SM if you want but we prioritize the Dooku mission over it and if we prioritized the SM I'd use GG team instead of Geos, plus it's a pretty small amount of GET once per month. LSTB waves and KAM are way more valuable at this point.

BTW my troopers often are able to kill a better geared team in GAC because of slow modding or bad comps. This past round I beat a relic OG Finn team with it. BH are another common target.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Also I think the new shiny on day one (roughly) is a benefit to the guild in TW. But we also don't stress TW too much since rewards are not much different win or lose.
  • Ragnarok_COTF
    1772 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    @TVF I'm not surprised having GLs and their reqs helps a lot in TB. I didn't mean to suggest that the only place it pays dividends is arena. Tried really hard to only point out that your experience and goals are likely different than most.

I will say, however, that I suspect you often have more GLs than your opponent in GAC. Which, with the current MM algorithm and the incoming balance changes, will only continue to be good for you. Meanwhile, my Vader team is soon to be a detriment in MM for me :(
  • th3evo
    358 posts Member
    TVF should play the way he wants to play. Nothing I'm about to say is knock against him.

• G11 triumvirate

Decent analysis. However to your point about staying on top of the meta and nothing else, hard disagree. First of all, this play style pays huge dividends in GAC, which in turn provides a steady slicing income (see next point). Secondly, the biggest place for growth in our guild is LSTB, where I was second last time with 71 waves (top was 72) and contributed what I believe is my fourth KAM shard out of four attempts. Yes my relics are a touch low but mods make up for that.

I guess you can point to G12 geos not beating P4 SM if you want but we prioritize the Dooku mission over it and if we prioritized the SM I'd use GG team instead of Geos, plus it's a pretty small amount of GET once per month. LSTB waves and KAM are way more valuable at this point.

BTW my troopers often are able to kill a better geared team in GAC because of slow modding or bad comps. This past round I beat a relic OG Finn team with it. BH are another common target.

Correct me if I'm wrong but you have only one relic character that isn't required (for now, might change soon since it's CAT) for a Legendary event, Epic Confrontation, GL or TB. You don't even gear/relic up pilots or counters. No matter how I look at that you seem to be chasing the meta.