Updated New Player Farming Path by Intimmydation

Replies

• Question for you folks already in the fleet world...what about capital ships? I can spend squad arena to get either tarkin, Akbar, or Mace, should I? Looks like Akbar's Home One has really good synergy with the Geo assist mechanics, but I know Tarkin is mandatory for farming Zetas. Thoughts?
  • SidVicious444
    84 posts Member
    edited July 2021

The Objective
    To take a f2p account from level 1 to 85 and beyond in the most efficient way possible, while putting together teams that will be useful long into the game, and in multiple areas. The idea is to try to do well in both Squad & Fleet Arenas, as well as Galactic Challenges, Assault Battles, Guild Events and GAC.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1429014

I follow your guide but I have a few questions?
    I want to do well in events and Galactic challenges but there are a lot of teams missing for example ewoks, NS, Rebellion and FO
    What about droids and clones?
    Some journey guide characters need 7* Ewoks to unlock?

Post edited by SidVicious444 on
  • Gamera
    14 posts Member
    Question for you folks already in the fleet world...what about capital ships? I can spend squad arena to get either tarkin, Akbar, or Mace, should I? Looks like Akbar's Home One has really good synergy with the Geo assist mechanics, but I know Tarkin is mandatory for farming Zetas. Thoughts?
    I'm relatively new but I went with Tarkin because he seemed the most useful and it seemed the most efficient early game strategy. His shards are a pretty easy farm, he can be helpful when you want to go for R2-D2 on the way to CLS, the Imperial Assault special can be VERY helpful (if you apply the right battle strategy), and, like you said, he and Executrix are required for Zeta mats at level 78. This has forced me to ignore certain events that require Home One or Endurance, but I decided that it's not worth the GP bloat, at least not yet. It was a hard decision because I actually think Ackbar's ship is better. I'm looking forward to getting it going down the road. And Ackbar is not a totally terrible toon. Mace Windu is, unfortunately, a pretty **** character, so that was not a hard call to make (and don't let me get started on the unjust treatment that CG has heaped on one of the most powerful Jedis in the SW universe by making him a weak toon).

• So, can someone explain the consequence of GP Bloat? I understand that its a waste of resources, but does it impact matchmaking at some point? I figured that arena and fleet shards are set without respect to GP, and the GW (from what I've read) is based on your top 5 toons.
  • So, can someone explain the consequence of GP Bloat? I understand that its a waste of resources, but does it impact matchmaking at some point? I figured that arena and fleet shards are set without respect to GP, and the GW (from what I've read) is based on your top 5 toons.
    It's more for the future when you get into GAC. Then division placement is based of your total GP and matchmaking is based on your (total amount of characters (not ships) you put on defense)*2.

• BoonCapital
    11 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    > TLDR: New path I'm trying is KRU, Ahsoka, Anakin, Vader, Old Ben in Arena

@BattleshipSub , post your swgoh.gg link so we can follow along and see where you are at when intimmy hits SEE. Also check out the swgoh discord servers if you haven't. ahnald and loquitur have good ones.
  • Gamera wrote: »
    I'm relatively new but I went with Tarkin because he seemed the most useful and it seemed the most efficient early game strategy. His shards are a pretty easy farm, he can be helpful when you want to go for R2-D2 on the way to CLS, the Imperial Assault special can be VERY helpful (if you apply the right battle strategy), and, like you said, he and Executrix are required for Zeta mats at level 78. This has forced me to ignore certain events that require Home One or Endurance, but I decided that it's not worth the GP bloat, at least not yet. It was a hard decision because I actually think Ackbar's ship is better. I'm looking forward to getting it going down the road. And Ackbar is not a totally terrible toon. Mace Windu is, unfortunately, a pretty **** character, so that was not a hard call to make (and don't let me get started on the unjust treatment that CG has heaped on one of the most powerful Jedis in the SW universe by making him a weak toon).
    @BattleshipSub this is the answer you are liking for. Go tarkin first as you need him for the zeta mat challenge and you will want to get those offense boosts to just brute force with GEOS early. Plus tarkin can be used for the other areas mentioned above. I would say after you have a 7* Kanan and tarkin, then start buying ackbar. I am buying him now even though I won’t level home one up for a while, but eventually it will be my 2nd capital ship. It works well with GEOS and for GAC you can stick other empire ships with tarkin

• I follow your guide but I have a few questions?
    I want to do well in events and Galactic challenges but there are a lot of teams missing for example ewoks, NS, Rebellion and FO
    What about droids and clones?
    Some journey guide characters need 7* Ewoks to unlock?

So with troopers you will have two assault battles taken care of. Getting a Jedi team up also (under JKR) will also give you another AB plus is a key faction for many GCs. The others are more niche that you can build out later if you want. I wouldn’t recommend Ewoks early even though c3po is a great character, it’s just a big investment early that could be better spend elsewhere. Clones are an option to invest early as well, as they are Part of a lot of GCs, plus can get you KAM shards and CPIT in a good guild (they would all need to be relic 5+).

Essentially if you follow the guide you are building a good base of teams, but then there are many different paths you could go depending on what aspects of the game you like thr most (ie Arenas, guild events, PvE, GAC).

If you tell us what parts of the game you enjoy or want to do the best in, we can tailor the Plan towards your account.
  • @Intimmydation What are you doing with your cantina currency after you farm up Fives?
  • > TLDR: New path I'm trying is KRU, Ahsoka, Anakin, Vader, Old Ben in Arena

@BattleshipSub , post your swgoh.gg link so we can follow along and see where you are at when intimmy hits SEE. Also check out the swgoh discord servers if you haven't. ahnald and loquitur have good ones.

Sure. https://swgoh.gg/p/822755116/ I'm up for any advice you can give, I just started the game first time in June (restarted in July) so I'm sure I'm still making lots of mistakes. I'm currently at a tipping point at level 57 where my geos are almost stronger than my original arena team, but not fully, so its a bit of a mess. But im still out-performing where PS was in the arena, and as long as I'm landing between 200-500 theres really no difference.

• Reading the recent thread on clone troopers and the utility they present, do you guys think thats a better priority than a FO team? Already got 7* KRU and a few more 3*. On the flip side, I already have 7* ahsoka and 4* anakin, I could get a 501st team pretty quickly too.
  • Get on the discord and ask questions there Battleship. Look up Darth Loquitur on youtube and join his discord - learning about his GAC teams and play will help you with your teams.
  • Hi!, Who should put the zeta first, padme or vader? I just reached 85, I am following your guide
  • Hi!, Who should put the zeta first, padme or vader? I just reached 85, I am following your guide

Vader first. It’s one of the best zetas in the game. Padme you need 2 zetas then like 3-4 more for the other team members.
  • Tyrael
    65 posts Member
    Was it worth starting Phoenix? Doesn't look like you've gotten much use out of them considering where your palp and thrawn are but I guess maybe for gw and LS battles?
    Wondering if it makes sense to go phoenix first or start with nute, geo soldier, geo spy, poggle, and boba replacing boba with sun fac. Gets you a pair for credit heist, sets you up for ships, and maybe get Jedi for LS or phx still. Just thinking timing for phx could align better with when you want to gear the empire.
    @Intimmydation figure your insight would be helpful having gone the phx route.
  • BattleshipSub
    25 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Hey guys, update time. Im in fleets, lvl 62. After a few days climb I've finished in the top 10 twice, just barely. My fleet shard top 10 is full of people over 100k power, mostly full phoenix team and ships. Teams 12-20 are about 35k power, I'm sitting at 65k. So I should be able to poach that 10th spot pretty easily. I expect to power up pretty fast considering I dont have Sun Fac ship yet, and my Soldier (2*) and Spy (2*) ships can be purchased from my giant stockpile of GW tokens, I've still got 8k left to spend. It should get even easier to nab a top 10 or maybe top 5 spot, but I'll probably always have stiff competition.

Farming VD is the worst dont even try to change my mind. Hopefully its worth it later, but right now I just reinforce with it and it gets 1-shot or 2-shot.

Arena is interesting - Sun Fac is never in stores, so my team often ends up being Nute + Geos + KRU instead of Sun Fac. He taunts more reliably, lives forever, has a stun (so good now that its irresistible) and honestly I dont need him to get the speed boosts as a geo, I just need him to soak damage. That team is letting me clear all the mod challenges and stay around 300 in arena.

Once I 7* Soldier and Spy, I think I'll move my cantina farming to Old Ben. Reg energy farms on anakin, old ben, Poggle and VD. If I have extra, Bastila, and jolee then gear. I've been using cantina store (stockpiled) for ship credits which has been really helpful in letting me advance, I'll probably head to ST Han and First Order Officer eventually. I've almost finished Nute from the arena store (7* later today) and will follow up with Tarkin then Leia, as I transition to the core of my Leia/Han/Lando/Old Ben rebel squad for Luke and EP.

Upcoming plans:
    1) Finish gearing and leveling Geos for Padme / arena and be ready for GBA and keep fleet strong ( crying over my sad 4* sun fac)
    2) (medium priority) Farm and gear Old Ben, Bastila, and Jolee enough for Yoda and a Jedi team.
    3) (long term) Finish Rebel team to get EP, use Vader/EP to get R2D2, add R2 to the Rebel team to get luke, and finish JKR team.

Problems / shortfalls: My arena team is totally locked out of the 199 and under club, for now. I dont have a strong bounty hunter / scoundrel team yet, but han/lando/fett will have to do for a little while. Guild progress on Han / Kenobi is slow but steady, but the other rewards (credits, store tokens, gear) is really a life saver. I dont have troopers or empire team worth much of anything, and outside of KRU i've only got a bunch of 3* or 4* FO characters.
    Post edited by BattleshipSub on
  • Intimmydation
    679 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Week 10 & 11 Update - July 29 & Aug 5
    ubapnfo8p7bw.png

Sorry I haven't posted any weekly updates in 2.5 weeks, been traveling on vacation so not much time on the forum, but here is the recap.
    • Hit level 78 and 10 minutes later was able to complete the zeta mat challenge, so here come the zetas!
    • Strategy of 3x Geos + VD + Ahsoka + ITF worked well having them all at 5* as soon as I hit 78
    • Still taking top 5 fleet arena daily, can challenge for #1 on certain days. More and more geo fleets showing up, so wondering if my shard will be Malevolence heavy, or if people will still go Nego (on my main there are 5x Nego and 0 Malev)
    • 7* both Spy & Solider's starfighters, others coming along
    • Still a crunch on ship credits so really only keep the starting 3 + VD fully leveled, need to bring Executrix up a bit more. Now that it takes more time between levels this will be less of an issue
    • Doing 3x energy refreshes daily on normal + fleet + mod & 1x refresh on cantina. Once I hit level 83 and can farm GBA I will 3x refresh on cantina
    • Squad Arena between 200-300 daily using Nute + Boba + 3x Geos. Working on getting Poggle from GW now
    • Starting to level & gear up my Troopers squad, with Range a few shards away from 7*, then only Piett is left tot 7*

Current Farms & Ships
    xewyobobogts.png
    qxpfd9txd743.png
    n3byls1504um.png

• Tyrael wrote: »
    Was it worth starting Phoenix? Doesn't look like you've gotten much use out of them considering where your palp and thrawn are but I guess maybe for gw and LS battles?
    Wondering if it makes sense to go phoenix first or start with nute, geo soldier, geo spy, poggle, and boba replacing boba with sun fac. Gets you a pair for credit heist, sets you up for ships, and maybe get Jedi for LS or phx still. Just thinking timing for phx could align better with when you want to gear the empire.
    @Intimmydation figure your insight would be helpful having gone the phx route.

Yes I would say it is worth it because that is the main team I still use for GW daily. It's hard to full clear now since I stopped them all at g8, but just holding out until I get GBA then it will be easy again with Hive Mind. Palp & Thrawn both at 6* (though haven't spent the 500k each to promote them) so now just waiting a bit more when I have credits to bring PS to level 80-82 to go for the 7*. I will have to bring Ezra and maybe 1 more higher on gear, and invest in some Omegas, so trying to delay a bit (I don't have an immediate need for that Empire team now).

So, start with PS but make sure you are farming the 3 Geos for pilots, plus start getting Poggle. Going Nute lead with 3x Geos (or 4 with Poggle) is doable, and if you get Dooku early that is a better 5th than Boba I would say. I use Boba b/c I had him for credit heist, but he really isn't a great character and I wish I had Dooku as my 5th right now until my Poggle is at least 6*.
  • @BattleshipSub good to see the progress, Geos really do dominate early and fleet and can punch up quite a bit. They can easily take those PS HDB ships because those guys don't invest in gearing PS, so once you are gear 8 or higher they are super easy. I just target Phantom first to burst it down so that it's annoying stealth, foresight and taunt are not an issue.

Vulture Droid is key later, so keep it up. It' a strong RI to come in and apply buzz droids and blind. Ahsoka is good as a RI to come in a clear taunt on early HT, but that's about all her use. I'm farming Tie Bomber now and almost unocked to plug in my lineup, as i haven't invested in the ITF in ages and anyway never even need to call a 3rd RI.

Don't worry too much about Squad Arena, I can't really crack top 200 either, just stuck between 200-300 until 85 most likely as I am maxed at g10 and still waiting on GBA to farm. Keep that focus on fleet as that is where the crystals are at.

My Geo fleet is like 175k power now, and I knocked off a 230k power HDB geo fleet for #1 today, in under 1 minute.
  • culealex
    57 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Thanks for the update, @Intimmydation !
    Here's a little update from my account.
    • Hit level 83 and have gotten GBA up to almost G10 and will soon be able to put on the Unique zeta (advice: wait with putting on Ability Mk3 on the other GBA abilities until you have put on the Zeta - no point in hoarding Zetas and Omegas if you don't have the Ability Mk3 :s )
    • Altering between top 10 and top 5 in fleet arena daily
    • Squad Arena is just above 100, should be able to break into top 100 when my GBA is Zeta'd.
    • Focus right now is to have my GAC teams as close to plan as possible. I will get into this GAC at week 2 or week 3, so will start with a 3v3 GAC, but planning my teams mostly for 5v5 anyway. I have 3 teams for Offense and 3 teams for defense, that will be ready by lvl 85. My 7th team will be a BH team, that should be ready for next season of GAC (when Bossk has been leveled up a bit).
    • Will soon hit lvl 85 and will then be able to sim the GW - such a relief and a timesaver. So far, I have cleared the GW 89/94 days.

GAC teams off
    h0ny4amd7dk5.jpg
    GAC teams def
    dmrhk55cl248.jpg
    GAC teams flexible
    cr52nx5aom0t.jpg
    qi8gv8vhwalb.jpg

GAC fleets, here I will have Executrix+Geos with VD (and soon Hyena) and
    Home One+HT, JKA, Ahsoka with Silencer.

Farming plan
    I changed my mind and will aim for CLS rebels as my arena team instead of Padme. Therefore I am slowly farming Ewoks and BH, to be able to get Chewie and C3PO. I aim to shift out my Geos from arena in 1,5-2 month's time. Anyway, with Ewoks and BH, I am getting two good GAC defense teams.
  • @culealex looking good! I’ve started to bring my gear up on troopers so I can make the switch as well at some point. At the same time trying to hoard gear needed for GEOS so when I hit 83+ I can take them higher than g10.

I have enough for 2 zetas now, which will go on GBA queens will and probably Vader MM first. Then I’ll decide if I want to out on Palps lead or start saving for the troopers who will need a few.

From fleet store I have quite a bit of currency and really only buying GG, Vader, Taxi, SF ship now so any excess goes to zeta mats

I’m jealous of your dark trooper. I will have to circle back for him later, but too many single shard drops right now. Might force farm Piett a bit to speed it up.
  • I have enough for 2 zetas now, which will go on GBA queens will and probably Vader MM first. Then I’ll decide if I want to out on Palps lead or start saving for the troopers who will need a few.
    I am sure you got it sorted out, but also look at the amount of Omegas and Ability Mk3 Mats needed - an advice from someone who learned it the hard way :smile:
    I’m jealous of your dark trooper. I will have to circle back for him later, but too many single shard drops right now. Might force farm Piett a bit to speed it up.
    Don't be jealous, just farm him :wink: He's so good. Every time Dark Trooper gets to assist from Range Troopers's unique, I scream of joy. On another positive note, Piett will be accelerated farm in two weeks.
  • Yeah, I'll be farming Piet and Dark as soon as they hit 2x drops. Dark is awesome, but I just have so many other things I want to spend energy on right now.

Man, I'm not sure if I'm just in a really tough fleet shard or what. Opened fleets at lvl 60. Now, at lvl 65, my top 25 are all PS 120,000+ fleets. Even buying every single Geo ship and leveling/gearing, I'm still down in the 70s. Maybe I need new strategy facing them? Even with thoughtful planning I cant quite punch up that high.

• brigg
    14 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    I'm at lvl 81 now and the Geo advice is really paying dividends. Had a top 200 arena finish and a #4 fleet finish.

Really happy about the fleets because I was doubting I could compete with HDB. Getting to about lvl 80 feels like I hit a big tipping point. Geo fleet is 170k GP, and it can take out low 200k+ GP fleets. I stay away from HT fights, and stay away from Ahsoka/Anakin fights.

@BattleshipSub - I was in a similar boat as you, but it just takes some time, especially early on. I think getting those geos geared, and getting your ship abilities leveled over time will make the difference.

Soldier/Spy/Sun Fac, with VD reinforce is my favorite lineup, and I try for a kill on Phantom II first. It seems like a lot matches are decided in the first salvo. If I don't get a kill before the first reinforce, I probably won't win.
  • @BattleshipSub yep, what @brigg said

Just focus on getting your 3 GEOS to gear 10 (pretty much the max you can get before 85 except for soldier), and tarkin there as well. Keep their ship abilities maxed, same with VD. You will be able to start punching up. Targeting the PS ships is the way to go, and yeah try to burst phantom first so it doesn’t do the annoying stealth and taunt moves. Then it’s easy.

You can also target other Geo fleets and have pretty good success. Really comes down to if you land ability blocks from tarkin or if they do, then I normally kill sun fac first just because his taunt is annoying; then typically soldier. If I get the tarkin offense up and have a special from soldier or spy ready to go, I’ll use it on the enemy spy.

There is one fleet that uses HT as a RI, but it’ll easy to beat now as I just call Ahsoka right away to dispel

v0zj7odx7w1h.png

• BoonCapital
    11 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Nute geos wrecks phoenix - I wonder if I can take this relic'd phoenix LOL. KRU, Boba, geos is the better start if you are fine skipping palp and thrawn (few would be fine with this) as you destroy phoenix in arena giving you top 200. I'm going malak - SLKR and won't get phoenix until after that. I did this mainly to contrast with this guide 6 months out.
    Farming VD is the worst dont even try to change my mind. Hopefully its worth it later, but right now I just reinforce with it and it gets 1-shot or 2-shot.

@BattleshipSub Tarkin gives you +20% offense per debuffed enemy and buzz droids gives -50% defense. So VD coming in as a reinforcement gives +60% offense combined with -50% defense equals a huge amount of damage. Start the 3 geos and have VD come in and you will punch up.

b3t9jz96p5et.png

• Nute geos wrecks phoenix - I wonder if I can take this relic'd phoenix LOL. KRU, Boba, geos is the better start if you are fine skipping palp and thrawn (few would be fine with this) as you destroy phoenix in arena giving you top 200. I'm going malak - SLKR and won't get phoenix until after that. I did this mainly to contrast with this guide 6 months out.

Yep, Geos wreck PS so fast. I still wouldn't recommend skipping Phoenix though as you will want Thrawn eventually, and PS is only useful early game, so better to farm and use them while they are actually good. You won't be set back by doing PS into Geos. My Phoenix is effectively "done" and my Geos are maxed out on gear for their levels right now, so there was no set back at all. Yes, early on when you have 4x of the characters that all need Cantina energy it can go slow, but that's why I suggest early game you use your crystals to refresh cantina energy and farm those toons. You level so fast you will have enough normal energy for a while, so just focus on the 4 cantina farms and then eventually stop refreshing cantina and start refreshing normal / fleet / mod energy.

Also be on the lookout for special double drop days, and then focus on these types of energy to speed up a bit.
  • I can activate hyena or vader ship(g12) in 5, which one do you recommend going up first? I have 55 frags of malevolence, I still have time
  • I can activate hyena or vader ship(g12) in 5, which one do you recommend going up first? I have 55 frags of malevolence, I still have time

What is the current fleet lineup you are running?

Right now I am using Executrix with Geo trio starting and VD, Ahsoka and IT Bomber as reinforcements. I am also farming Hyena and Vader, not sure which to really use. Hyena will really be good under Malev, but that is still a ways off. Vader is a very power damage dealer and coming in as a reinforcement to spread debuffs is good (gives offense up to your ships via Executrix). If you have a g12 Vader already, I'd probably suggest using this first before Hyena especially if HB is only 5*. When you climb it's all about that damage output anyway.
  • culealex
    57 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    I hit lvl 85 this morning, which gives me almost a week of preparation before my entrance at the div 11 GAC floor. (I know I am gonna get so disappointed after having planned for GAC accordingly, and only to run into an auto-deployed defense or an opponent who have planned their roster even better :lol: ).

First thing I did was to clear DS all the way to 9B Hard and the node that gives us Bossk shards. I'm debating with myself whether to force farm this node with 25 crystals every day, since I am gonna use HT in my defensive fleet team for GAC and a tanky HT could result in holds in GAC. Another factor is that I am going for a CLS team in squad arena and therefore need a 7* Chewie asap.
    Are you guys considering force farming Bossk's node when you hit lvl 85?

Second thing I did was to get my Tarkin to G11, which means I could max out the Victory At All Costs (that gives offense+TM) ability on Executrix. I have steadily been able to enter top 5 in fleet arena, and I am curious to see if I will be able to beat the top 3 fleets in my arena with VAAC maxed out. I also added some cheap gear 11 pieces on Tarkin and got my Executrix potency up to 31% and speed up to 155 on the capital ship.

Also, the GW is farmable now. It is so nice to receive all the rewards in a second. :)
    My GW record ended up at 91/95 full clears. I stumbled on lvl 6 once, lvl 9 once and twice on lvl 12. This results in receiving 111,600 out of the maximum 114,000 GW currency up until GW was simable.

What I've got in front of me now, is a lot of characters to star up - and only 4M credits atm. (upgrading mods is a costly hobby, note to self).

How are you guys planning for when you will hit lvl 85?