Easiest Beginner-friendly SOLO Rancor Team! - Zsolt's Journey Guide

Prev1
kerkzsolt
20 posts Member
edited July 2021
Hello Everyone!

Thank you for reading my post. If you check my previous content, you can see that I started the game some months ago. Now, I am trying to acquire 7* Raid Solo and have just got 7* Chewbacca. My next aim is to get the Millenium Falcon with my BH ships! But for now, I provide you the easiest to get a team with which you will be able to (GUARENTEED) smash the Rancor Heroic Tier! Yes, you see, not 5* or 6*, but the Heroic Tier. So first, let's see the setup.

drxcgq7uszoa.jpg

Cad Bane (lead), Boba, Greedo, CLS, Thrawn

Why them? If you start your SWGOH journey the same way as me and lots of other players, you will have these characters. You have Thrawn with the help of the Phoenix Squad, you have CLS with the help of a rebel team and the BH because you started to farm Chewbacca. (You can find help to these in my previous guides! Check them out in my profile.)

Why Cad lead? Bossk is useless here, Boba gives some help, but Cad's plus Potency helps to reduce TM with Bane's special and Greedo, plus Boba applies DOT easier.

Cad Bane

l0ukmaosd3r9.jpg
Omegad abilities, Gearl lvl 12 and Crit Dam, Crit Chance sets.

Boba

mockv6livebv.jpg
Same as above

Greedo

lsuzgjvdbbt2.jpg

Omegad, Gear lvl 11 (you may upgrade him, I like him a lot!) Chance and Health sets.

CLS

zcf2ddmitl18.jpg

Omegad, Gearl 12, No Zeta (not yet, but it will arrive soon), Speed + Pot sets. Pot is good for the debuffs and TM reduction.

Thrawn

ah802og41yf2.jpg

No omegas (yet), Gear 9 (upgrade soon), Speed main set, broken another one (will manage this later)

So, the event itself...

21ytt7iru2ip.jpg

What to do? First, kill off the sidekicks. Then focus on the Captain, try to get your payout, and manipulate wisely the TM. Use CLS's basic to minor reduction, Special for full reduction. Cad can reduce too, Greedo can reduce full TM. Thrawn can switch TM's to your own guys and BOba can apply lots of DOTs.
ybscae909ico.jpg
jzbz4g9hkjzc.jpg
ho7z7wfg2rue.jpg
6rhi8pxbx0ab.jpg
You see?? Boba can do enourmous amount of damage with his Execute!! From 70% to 12%. How? Boba's DOTS, CLS debuffs, Cad's debuff - all of these maximazes Boba's Execute. Build up lots of DOTS (This is why good to have Cad's lead, the plus potency!) and then Execute.

Next phase...

Start off with the panel.
w6uht9rh6v3d.jpg
ub5iio8vc8e0.jpg

Apply damage, do not use your specials, while Rancor is toppled. Then, use the same tactics.
3q7qkrhlknvv.jpg
Manipulate the TM as long as the panel works again. Then....

7oonauduvrya.jpg
ntqxwkn8eoar.jpg

So you built up tons of debuffs on the Rancor. As soon as you can topple it with the newly functioning panel, shoot off your Execute! From 29% to 3%. Extreme Damage!

Next phase...

5zhiyigiq3eu.jpg

Again, do the same, manipulate the TM.
alr4piw2qi0h.jpg
v5vmur001eis.jpg

Then use your Genkidama (sorry, Execute!)

rcc58fzjmxkv.jpg
wuqgho34qp04.jpg
From 43% to 18%.

Nice, last phase!

So in this phase, I escaped with my troops. Why? Because I do not want to get everything for myself, without letting my guildmates doing some damage. It is enough to score 51% on this event, to get the best reward, however, I did this raid now, to let you know that it is easy to solo the rancor with a shi....mediocre team.
SO last phase...
toiu7sak5hxa.jpg
dgbtcsl5g7sm.jpg
iyp6eh4fmaub.jpg
k9bdbq4mqet6.jpg

CLS is so good, that he nearly manages to do that phase alone.....

zpwnqaly9ris.jpg
y7f29htyvjfr.jpg

You see? 9 million damage altogether. With a team of what? 3 BH, 1 CLS, and a gear 9 Thrawn. It is not impossible for a new player to get this squad, yet, it is highly rewarding. Thank you for reading my post, and I hope you checked my other guides too and will check the newer ones. Next time: Millenium Falcon with the BH ships!

See you!

Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    You know what else works? G11 CLS on his own.

d6ra44598pq2.png
  • Yes. Thank you for your comment. You have a two-zeta CLS: Congratulations to you! :) Two Zetas are not beginner-friendly. I tried to show that it is manageable by a weaker squad too. But do you know what else works? Tons of other toons with zetas. Hurray, Captain Obvious ;)
  • 2 zetas is surely a lot more beginner friendly than g12 Cad Bane?
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    Yeah, it's well-known that CLS can solo it, or even just CLS and Thrawn. Potency isn't really necessary as CLS inflicts Tenacity Down, which can't be resisted, and gives the target -999900% tenacity. So really you're just running into the base 15% resist chance, which no amount of potency will fix. So the bounty hunters aren't really necessary, and actually Greedo is a liability, as his basic can pop off a lot of times and actually just add tm to the boss.

Boba using execute to hit a lot of debuffs at once and make it go faster is a pretty classic idea for this raid, but would be better served by a Zader lead. But again, beginners really just need CLS.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    CLS zetas are great and they make me super happy.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Nitpicking but I believe the Heroic Rancor actually has a base 40% chance to resist because it's +5 levels above your 85 max. (+5% base chance per level above your own, max is +30% additional base chance)
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    @kerkzsolt

Heroic Rancor raid is all about reducing the boss' turn meter so why do you include characters that actually increase the boss' turn meter in your team? Pure damage dealing which doesn't bring anything else to the table (like f.ex. tenacity/speed down or TM reduction) seems counterproductive. It feeds turn meter to the boss. I believe you would have completed the raid if you hadn't included the BH on your team.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    @kerkzsolt

If you insist on including more damage dealers and bringing a full team, I'd recommend the following:

Vader lead (yes, even if not zetaed. Speed down and occasional TM reduction by your empire characters)
    Thrawn (fracture)
    Tarkin (occasional TM reduction)
    TFP (tenacity down)
    CLS (TM reduction)

I can see that you have them all. You may even be able to auto even with no zetas at all.

Edit: TFP should not be included. CLS applies tenacity down.
    Post edited by Waqui on
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    @Waqui I'd personally remove TFP and just use the Tenacity Down from CLS. Less characters means less TM feed.
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Nitpicking but I believe the Heroic Rancor actually has a base 40% chance to resist because it's +5 levels above your 85 max. (+5% base chance per level above your own, max is +30% additional base chance)

Is the level delta really 5%?
    Additionally, is the level delta also hard coded like the base resist chance, or does it just add to tenacity, and can be overrun with enough potency?
  • lladdir
    146 posts Member
    crzydroid wrote: »

Is the level delta really 5%?
    Additionally, is the level delta also hard coded like the base resist chance, or does it just add to tenacity, and can be overrun with enough potency?

Can’t remember what the percent is but I do know it’s not part of the base resist. Tenacity-potency+levelDelta
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    @Waqui I'd personally remove TFP and just use the Tenacity Down from CLS. Less characters means less TM feed.

Ah, yes. CLS applies tenacity down as well.
  • Thank you for all of your comments! I see that most of you have extensive knowledge of the game, which I gladly welcome. Most of you are totally right, there can be several other types of teams or compositions. A zeta is not less-beginner-friendly then a G12 Cad, however, I found it easy to gear up my Cad to G12, while I farmed Bossk. Greedo's full TM removal helped me a lot, as it was such a huge help in the Chewbacca event. What I did here, or at least, I try to show here is that at this point of the game, in case you are following the same path as me, you will have / may have such a team that can Solo the Heroic Rancor. I am in the middle of my Journey, so it happens that my BH team from the Chewie event, a seriously undergeared Thrawn from the R2 event, and a in-the-way-of-the-making CLS would help you with this remarkable achievement. Remarkable in the sense, that I suppose you are just as beginners (in your roster) like me, and you are able to Solo a raid. CLS potency may help in the Arena too or in the events to apply that tenacity down debuff. IMHO it is not a waste, but if you are inclined, switch it to whatever is your desire.

Again, I welcome all of your ideas, just please try not to make comments like - 2 zetad whatever can solo it. Yes, it can, but here I try to spread some help with pictures and thorough explanation, at least include your strategy or something, just as most of the colleagues did here.

Thanks to all of you!
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    No potency required to inflict Tenacity Down. It can't be resisted.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

kerkzsolt wrote: »
    Thank you [...] Greedo's full TM removal helped me a lot, as it was such a huge help in the Chewbacca event. [...]

Are you sure it helped in the Rancor raid when also considering all that extra turn meter he feeds with those bonus shots on his basic (you recommended modding him partly for crit chance)? Did you try excluding him from your team?
    What I did here, or at least, I try to show here is that at this point of the game, in case you are following the same path as me, you will have / may have such a team that can Solo the Heroic Rancor.

You will also have the Vader lead team I recommended previously.

Your screen shot doesn't show a full solo. Maybe you should change/tweak your team.
  • Damodamo
    1574 posts Member
    Wait till you find out teebo/rex/jyn all reduce tm as well as Vader/tarkin…

Mind blown…
  • kerkzsolt
    20 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Waqui: I wrote the following about Soloing: I escaped with my toons, I am able to Solo it fully, though I did not want to hinder my guildmates who need the RaidSolo shards too. I will try your team comp too later, as soon as I upgrade my Empire team to a higher Gear. They are ridiculous now in their state, so it needs some time. Btw thanks for the tip :smile:

Vendi:

t9ox9pk0s51w.jpg

Can you show me where is "It can't be resisted" written?

If you have any tips, strategies, and such, I welcome all of your comments, though in case you only have one sentence barfs from a really high horse as an experienced player, then please, reconsider commenting. I still am in question though, if you are such a high-tier player why do you deal with this thread or whatsoever? :) (rhetoric question, there is no need to answer)
    Post edited by crzydroid on
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    Waqui: I wrote the following about Soloing: I escaped with my toons, I am able to Solo it fully, though I did not want to hurt my guildmates who need the RaidSolo shards too. I will try your team comp too later, as soon as I upgrade my Empire team to a higher Gear. They are ridiculous now in their state, so it needs some time. Btw thanks for the tip :smile:

Vendi:

t9ox9pk0s51w.jpg

Can you show me where is "It can't be resisted" written?

If you have any tips, strategies, and such, I welcome all of your comments, though in case you only have one sentence barfs from a really high horse as an experienced player, then please, reconsider commenting. I still am in question though, if you are such a high-tier player why do you deal with this thread or whatsoever? :) (rhetoric question, there is no need to answer)

Tenacity Down has never needed to go through the potency-tenacity check, otherwise you couldn't apply it through Tenacity Up. I don't believe it's written anywhere, but Vendi is correct.

Swgoh.gg shows it in the mechanics. Note the difference between Buff Immunity and Tenacity Down:
    61u0bch806v5.png
    1uasz2rvyd1t.png
    Post edited by UdalCuain on
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Damodamo wrote: »

Mind blown…

I wouldn't recommend farming those 3 for new players. It will delay more important farms disregarding whether you choose the Phoenix - > CLS path, the separatists - > Padme path or go straight for a GL.
  • Damodamo
    1574 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »

Mind blown…

I wouldn't recommend farming those 3 for new players. It will delay more important farms disregarding whether you choose the Phoenix - > CLS path, the separatists - > Padme path or go straight for a GL.

Oh I wasn’t recommending anything, just making a statement. All of them will pop up on at least one of the many guides to soloing the original rancor.

I try not to give recommendations for new players to farm anything, bigger brains out there with a more logical approach or just people who want to feel self important, you can judge which one the op is.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

Mind blown…

Oh I wasn’t recommending anything, just making a statement.

So was I.

• Larx
    371 posts Member
    CLS ( Lead ), Pao, Bistan and Wiggs can do it too. Or i think even CLS, Pao and Bistan alone. Even witouth Zetas
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

Mind blown…

So was I.

This is also just a statement.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Mind blown…

So was I.

This is also just a statement.

And so is this.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Technically, two zetas on CLS is more beginner friendly than bringing some BH to g12. As long as a new player has a good fleet and good fleet arena rank, they should have no problem getting 2 zetas.
    It also saves them the time and effort of getting characters like Greedo to g12.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • I agree with you partly. One character to two zetas may not be as effective on the squad level as a complete BH team. I emphasized the fact that Greedo is not the best BH by far, but farming-friendly...on one hand, with a 5 member team, the BHs can stand in the arena, in nearly all the challenges, and in the raids too...on the other hand, you are right, CLS is extremely powerful with two zetas. I will put the second zeta on him, as soon as I will acquire C3PO with the ewoks. It is only a matter of time...thanks for the comment.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    I agree with you partly. One character to two zetas may not be as effective on the squad level as a complete BH team. I emphasized the fact that Greedo is not the best BH by far, but farming-friendly...on one hand, with a 5 member team, the BHs can stand in the arena, in nearly all the challenges, and in the raids too...on the other hand, you are right, CLS is extremely powerful with two zetas. I will put the second zeta on him, as soon as I will acquire C3PO with the ewoks. It is only a matter of time...thanks for the comment.

Please don't give new players this type of advice. They might believe it.

Did you test the Vader lead team I suggested? Or Vader(L), Thrawn, EP, Tarkin and CLS. More beginner friendly. No gear wasted since all characters will be viable all the way through to end game

• You aren’t really in a position to give advice right now. Players further into the game know what is a better investment long term. You can play the game however you want, but don’t lead other players who are trying to progress quickly and effectively off track.
    3v3 FTW
  • LordGrahck
    344 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    First Order with KRU, FOS, FOO, Phasma, and FOX can solo the rancor as well, plus they're a far better investment Cad Bane and Greedo
  • I was extremely polite all the way along with everyone and with every comment since I believe that people are here to help each other. I think everyone plays the game as he/she/they want. I give whatever advice I want to whoever I want. This is my way of playing and my way of acquiring, gearing, modding. I started a path to gather the characters from Journey Guide. My way does not include First Order yet, does not include two zetad CLS yet, does not include Jyn and Teebo yet, not even Jango yet. They are not in my order of planning. I started with Palpatine, Thrawn, R2D2, CLS, Chewbacca and now I do Falcon and C3PO. Deal with this, if you are not able to comprehend this, then simply leave this post. Do not dare to tread on others by saying that "oh this is not a GOOD way, do not give advice". I do as I please. Don't like? Press the X button on the top right corner. Period. With MY available characters, with MY available gears, with MY planning, the way I put my Rancor team together, which actually works without an effort, serves well for me. Thank you for commenting, however, commenting **** posts like yeah whatever dude galactic legend kylo ren can solo rancor, yeah right, thanks captain obvious. Try to read my post then post according to it.