Which character on the Journey Guide (not GLs) should be worked on to be unlocked first?

Chewaka
17 posts Member
edited August 2021
I have been looking at the Journey Guide a lot lately and have wondered 1 question: Which one should be worked on first. I understand that all of the characters have to be 7 stars. I think that is ridiculous. But which one should I start on first?

Replies

• GMY is an easy event if you have the right toons. Thrawn/Palpatine can be beaten with low gear Phoenix, which gets you R2 and CLS. Padme can be beaten with bugs, which opens up Wat mission.
  • Not all of them are 7* unlocks, and thus are unlockable with 5* characters.
    Look through your locked chars, anything that requires 145 shards is 5*, 330 is 7*.

Palp/Thrawn are probably the easiest and fastest.
    Padme is arguably one of the better early unlocks, since you can pretty easily get 5* seps going and you get most of her optimal team for free now.

Of the 7* unlocks, JKR + DR and CLS are by far the best options.

JKR + DR gives you 2 very solid teams, and DR + Malak will last in arena for a VERY long time, easily long enough to get something like GAS or a GL, while JKR is a great GAC/TW team, a decent GL counter option and used on 2/3 lightside GL teams.

CLS on the other hand is simply one of the single best universal usage teams in the game (probably only behind GLs, GAS and Padme + CAT these days), pushes you into position to get a really great rebel fleet, and is available MUCH earlier than DR + Malak is. However, you also need 3 other event characters (1 raid and 2 other Journey Guide) characters for the optimal team.

General progression is unlock palp/thrawn/Padme/R2 (technically fairly early and close to the same time), then grab CLS, then move on to either the revans or optimizing your CLS team, while building your Padme/Vader/CLS/Geo teams.

If beelining SLKR, then it's build FO and Vader, then beeline SLKR pretty much.
    If beelining SEE, build Vader/Imp troopers and beeline SEE.
    Vader wants Palp and Thrawn regardless of progression line, so work on Phoenix.

Geos are a worthwhile investment regardless because having a functional Geo team makes getting a good guild infinitely easier since they're required for getting Wat shards, and something I'd personally recommend everyone work on these days with how good Padme/CAT is and with Wat being required for JMK.

Don't expect to unlock much more than Palp/Thrawn/R2/GMY prior to the 80s, and Padme prior to 85. (post-GBA node unlock)
  • LordGrahck
    344 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Chewaka wrote: »
    I have been looking at the Journey Guide a lot lately and have wondered 1 question: Which one should be worked on first. I understand that all of the characters have to be 7 stars. I think that is ridiculous. But which one should I start on first?

For an early to mid game player, my advice would be to shoot for CLS. The best team to use with CLS is CLS, Han Solo, Chewbacca, C3PO, and Threepio/Chewie. This team is one of the most versatile teams you can have, and can handle a surprising number of teams out there. For that, you'll need to take a few steps first.

1) Phoenix: This will start you off on the right foot. Get your Phoenix (Hera, Chopper, Kanan, Ezra, Zeb) to 7 star and about g8/9 in order to get both Thrawn and Palpatine.

2) Empire: With the recent changes to the early game with both Gideon and Dark Trooper as early unlocks, as well as getting Palpatine and Thrawn, all you need is one more Empire toon to have a solid team. Tarkin would be a solid choice since he's already a GL requirement. If you have Vader, of course use him, but he takes a while in early game to unlock and get to 7 star through achievements and farming in the Fleet store. Once you have an Empire team, get R2D2.

3) Classic Rebels: Basically, this is your team needed for CLS (Old Ben, Princess Leia, Stormtrooper Han, Farmboy Luke, and R2D2). Get them to 7 star and g8/9 for CLS when his missions become available. I think you need to be level 85 to get CLS.

4) Bounty Hunters: The team you want to maximize CLS's potential requires you to get Chewbacca. For that, you need bounty hunters. There are a lot of various combinations to use, but one of the best ones to use is Bossk, Jango, Boba Fett, Mando, and Dengar. You want to get to at least g11/12. I've heard of people doing it with lower geared hunters, but it takes awesome RNG to get it right.

5) Ewoks: You need ewoks for C3Po. Both Chewbacca and C3PO really make the team work. The best team of ewoks to use is Chirpa, Logra, Wicket, Elder, and Paploo. A team of G11/12 ewoks should get the job done.

Once you get C3PO, all you need to do is get in a good guild to unlock Han from the Rancor Raid, and farm Threepio/Chewie. Until you have Threepio/Chewie, you can toss in R2D2 into the 5th slot or Old Ben. One of the really nice things about this guide is that you're farming not just for the best CLS team, but you'll also be farming toons needed for a couple of GLs as well. By the time you get this CLS team up and going, you can go directly into farming for the GL of your choice if that's what you want, or make progress towards another legendary. Another nice thing about this guide is that you don't need any relic toons in order to unlock any of the legendaries. G12s? Yes, a few, but you can save all your mats needed to get from g12 to relics for the CLS team. Also, this guide is FTP friendly. It just takes time.

Good luck
    Post edited by LordGrahck on
  • StealthGOBLIN32
    376 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    I would recommend one of two paths-
    Path 1:
    Step 1: Get a solid Phoenix team and use them to unlock Palpatine and Thrawn.
    Step 2: Farm the required units for Jedi Revan and unlock him.
    Step 3: Use the Jedi that you now have for Yoda.
    Path 2:
    Step 1: Get a good Geo team and unlock Padme
    Step 2: Farm Padawan Ahsoka, Jedi Anakin and General Kenobi.
    Step 3: Farm Ewoks and get C3P0 for the 5th character in Padme's team
    Step 4: (Long Term) Finish the General Anakin Skywalker requirements and get him.

If you want a true answer of who to work on first- I recommend Padme
    3v3 FTW
  • Great thing is, there are SEVERAL early easy to farm Jedi that get used later that can be used on Yoda and then fill out a Revan team.

Ezra & Kanan from Phoenix
    Old Ben from CLS
    Ahsoka for Padme (Or Anakin but that farm conflicts w/ Ezra/Hera & Early Fleet Characters)
    In a pinch even Consular or Mace can be used
    Then obviously Bastila & Jolee if you have them farmed enough.

Phoenix is still a great way to Unlock 2 Legends & part of a 3rd so I find they are still very useful as you are working up to Level 85 & are still doing G-War daily.
  • Thank you everyone for advice! I will read over all of the advice when I have time.
  • Yeah overall solid advice from everyone and I like the 2 path option from @StealthGOBLIN32

I'd say you can easily get Palp, Thrawn, R2, and GMY as you will need to build those teams required to unlock them early anyway. I would still gear Geos along with Phoenix early.

Then you can easily unlock Padme at level 85. I would say the options are whether you want to go full into Padme or into a DR/Malak team. Padme is available earlier (but time gated a bit my getting GK 7* through raids), but DR & Malak will be the better Arena team. You can still get Padme, just have to decide who to invest gear into more, GR or Sith Empire.
  • CLS is a pretty easy unlock, and as stated here has one of the best overall non-GL teams. I would just caution that to get the full team up and running, it's A LOT of work because you need the BH to get Chewbacca, ewoks to get C3PO (both not easy events), and Raid Han (this is actually easiest) and Chewpio (who is now accelerated drops so that helps).

You would have Padme or DR/Malak up and running earlier than a full CLS team, imo...and I am someone who went CLS first b/c it looked "close". It's a great team and I love it, but the rest of my roster is not well rounded.
  • What characters are GAS, CAT, JMK, JKR, and DR?
    I don't know all of the abbreviations in this game :)
    The Star Wars Galaxy Of Heroes Forums has been a GREAT resource to all the things in the game. I am in a GREAT guild and now I have another AWESOME resource to help me out.
    Thank you everyone for all the advice!
    I will post another question in a few days.
  • GAS, CAT, JMK, JKR, and DR?

General Anakin Skywalker (very high power leader of the 501st, not the same as Jedi Knight Anakin)
    Commander Ahsoka Tano (Not the same as AT or AT (Fulcrum))
    Jedi Master Kenobi (the most difficult to get GL in current release)
    Jedi Knight Revan (one of the best toons in the game when compared to its requirements)
    Darth Revan (like JKR and CLS, an exceptional value)

• @MasterSeedy
    Oh, ok. Thanks!
  • I would recommend one of two paths-
    Path 1:
    Path 2:
    Step 4: (Long Term) Finish the General Anakin Skywalker requirements and get him.

The thing is.... A person should do both.

Phoenix is farmable from Level-8 when Cantina opens up.
    They also only need G8 for everyone but maybe G10 on Ezra to do all the above.
    Finally the events they qualify for are available at L60.

Padme on the other hand is a L85 event that your not doing w/ at LEAST G10 or higher.
    DItto the Ewoks, and lets not even talk about GAS Gear requirement, lol.

Farm the 2 Geo's after Ezra/Hera are done & then once you hit L80 & get access to Brood Alpha to fill out that team but there is no reason to start them at day 1.

It takes about 3 months to get to L85, about a month each for L60 > L80 > L85
    In the time your moving from 60-80 you can complete everything for Palp, Thrawn, & Yoda.
    And then shift over to the Padme prep.
  • And anyway you need the GEOS for fleet. So should farm them after Hera and Ezra (maybe even before finishing them to 7* depending how many cantina refreshes you can afford).
  • I would recommend one of two paths-
    Path 1:
    Path 2:

The thing is.... A person should do both.

Phoenix is farmable from Level-8 when Cantina opens up.
    They also only need G8 for everyone but maybe G10 on Ezra to do all the above.
    Finally the events they qualify for are available at L60.

Padme on the other hand is a L85 event that your not doing w/ at LEAST G10 or higher.
    DItto the Ewoks, and lets not even talk about GAS Gear requirement, lol.

Farm the 2 Geo's after Ezra/Hera are done & then once you hit L80 & get access to Brood Alpha to fill out that team but there is no reason to start them at day 1.

It takes about 3 months to get to L85, about a month each for L60 > L80 > L85
    In the time your moving from 60-80 you can complete everything for Palp, Thrawn, & Yoda.
    And then shift over to the Padme prep.

The advantage to rushing Padme/Doing Path 2 (like I did), is that you have time to get a solid fleet running, and farm some GAC teams. (I managed to do Nightsisters and some clones. They were like 40k power and low stars, but they got some holds.)
    3v3 FTW
  • GMY is an easy event if you have the right toons. Thrawn/Palpatine can be beaten with low gear Phoenix, which gets you R2 and CLS. Padme can be beaten with bugs, which opens up Wat mission.

I got GMY last christmas day

• JimBeam823
    2 posts Member
    edited March 2022
    GMY is easiest.

I used Kanan, Ezra, Ahsoka, (old) Mace Windu, and Jedi Consular.

Kanan taunts, while Ahsoka, Mace, and Ezra can all knock down GMY's buffs. JC just stands there.

I wouldn't have used JC if I had it to do again. Lumniara is the easiest Jedi farm, you'll need Old Ben for CLS, and you'll probably want Bastila.

Use the Phoenix for Palpatine and Thrawn. Phoenix aren't great for Palpatine, but if you get them good enough for Thrawn, they'll be more than good enough for Palpatine. You can leave out Sabine, you only really need her for the ship.

You can use Palpatine and Thrawn to get R2-D2. They also make the core of a solid Empire team.