Kit Reveal: Executor

Replies

• Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    ‘ Whenever an ally applies Breach, they dispel all debuffs on themselves.’ (They: bounty hunters allies from the previous sentence ?)

Please help dear forumers-who-are-better-at-English, the ‘an’ followed by the ‘they’ troubles me.
    Does it mean that when an ally applies breach, mass dispel on all bh allies ? Oo
  • Starslayer wrote: »
    ‘ Whenever an ally applies Breach, they dispel all debuffs on themselves.’ (They: bounty hunters allies from the previous sentence ?)

Please help dear forumers-who-are-better-at-English, the ‘an’ followed by the ‘they’ troubles me.
    Does it mean that when an ally applies breach, mass dispel on all bh allies ? Oo

It means that when an individual ally inflicts breach, that ally dispels all debuffs from themselves and no other allies. (Example: Hound’s Tooth has say, buff immunity for 2 turns, Hound’s Tooth uses it’s special ability and inflicts breach, buff immunity is then dispelled from Hound’s Tooth.)

If it was all allies, it would read “whenever an ally applies breach, they dispel all debuffs from all allies.” Which isn’t the case.
  • Remove Cap Ship & Keep your own............ sure, not OP or anything.
    Sigh, this game gets worse every day.
  • Yep. The Death Star coming soon to a fleet arena near you. Just made every other capitol ship obsolete.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Yep. The Death Star coming soon to a fleet arena near you. Just made every other capitol ship obsolete.

To be fair, that’s technically what the Death Star did. It could blow capital ships up if the Empire wanted it to.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Looooki wrote: »
    Wait is this a nerf to crewless ships?

Do you even read what ur writing into the ability !!??
    Ships under Executor can just ignore taunts by crewless ships

Its not a nerf to crewless ships at all
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »

So if a crewless tank is taunting but ships can move ard that taunt under this ship, is that a nerf ?
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member

So if a crewless tank is taunting but ships can move ard that taunt under this ship, is that a nerf ?

No

I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator

Unless they changed it so that crewless ships can't taunt, its not a nerf

Is every tank in this game nerfed since Jedi Knight Revan can avoid taunts?
  • How is “intensify forward batteries” not a skill?
  • CommanderMime
    44 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Yeah, probably only about 2-3 years.

• Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Reptile wrote: »
    **** what is ur direction CG. U basically made all crewless tanks useless. So now the focus is moving away from crewless ships to the original ship design ?

Make up ur **** mind !!! And wth are we going to do with all the ship tanks that are crewless ? Are we getting a refund ? What is the point of a crewless tank ship if the taunt can be avoided !!??

How are they useless? I will continue to use those ships in GAC, TB’s, TW’s, Galactic Challenges and whatever other counter or content they will be required in.

Are we talking abt TB or arena ? Sure TB they still work. How about arena ?
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member

dc4vp1dryu33.jpg
  • Ultra wrote: »

It may not strictly be a nerf but it's weird game design that doesn't feel good.

Crewless ships aren't really crewless. The BTL-B Y-wing Starfighter actually has a pilot we just don't level it up. It feels like an arbitrary distinction that Clone Sergeant's ARC-170 is considered crewed whereas BTL-B is not. So basically you're arbitrarily preventing certain tanks from using taunt successfully but allowing other tanks to keep using taunt as is.

It's like if you're going to try to take on executor with a negi fleet. The only tank that you can use (as a starter) will be HT. It selectively makes a good chunk of the current fleet meta tanks unusable against executor while sparing a select few and this selection is based on pretty arbitrary criteria.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Specifically going around crewless ships. Specifically removing Outmaneuver. When you need to call out existing fleets like this, there is something wrong with your design.
  • Looooki wrote: »
    Reptile wrote: »
    **** what is ur direction CG. U basically made all crewless tanks useless. So now the focus is moving away from crewless ships to the original ship design ?

Make up ur **** mind !!! And wth are we going to do with all the ship tanks that are crewless ? Are we getting a refund ? What is the point of a crewless tank ship if the taunt can be avoided !!??

How are they useless? I will continue to use those ships in GAC, TB’s, TW’s, Galactic Challenges and whatever other counter or content they will be required in.

Are we talking abt TB or arena ? Sure TB they still work. How about arena ?

When a new meta appears, the old meta isn’t played anymore at the top of arena. Been this way since the beginning of the game in both arenas.
  • Full squad or Tuskens as counter with the Hetts as new toons to round them out? Lol Tuskens in space.
  • TargetEadu wrote: »
    I like how the entire Unique ability screams “don’t use the TIE Advanced here”. Directly lowering healing, permanent Target Lock, no TM gain on I Have You Now…

Eh, the Advanced is better used with Tarkin. The standard TIE fighter is going to miss its TM gain, but with 5/7 slots being Bounty Hunters finding two Empire units shouldn’t be that hard. Maybe the Reaper can finally be at home.

nope, reaper removes TM with unique and special 1. the only empire ships that don't have their abilities nerfed with executor are the bomber and the shuttle.
  • So with razor crest in the lineup, how quick can you activate the win button?
  • The TM manipulation immunity for your Empire ships isn't designed to "help" by not allowing your opponent remove TM from your fleet. It's not designed to stop you from removing TM from your enemy either. As I see it, the primary purpose is to stop your Empire ships from gaining TM.

Remember....the Unique on the Tie Advanced x1 grants Empire allies 15% TM whenever they "attack" a ship with Target Lock

Recipe - Turn Meter Nerf Casserole
    • Start with Bounty Hunters inflecting Target Lock on basic
    • Slowly sift in your Empire ship's individual Target Lock capabilities and ability to extend Target Locks
    • Mix together with a dash of mass-assists from Executor's name brand "Breach of Protocols" special
    • Bake for 20-Target Locks
    • Remove from oven and garnish with PERMANENT target locks applied to all current/future enemy ships

Serving Instructions:
    • Serve with a mug of Jawa Juice as you calmly think about the Ultimate ability.....aah., the other Capital Ship goes "Boom".....very satisfying....
    • Get a nervous feeling in your stomach as you think about a 15% TM gain for an Empire ship every turn it takes due to all the Target Lock on the field
    • Wipe the sweat from your forehead when you think about Xanadu and Executor both having call-to-assist abilities, resulting in additional 15% TM gains
    • Start panting when you remember Gauntlet's basic ability grants a random ally 25% TM if the enemy attacked had....gulp....Target Lock....
    • Hyperventilate as you combine the idea of a mass call-to-assist stacking with TM gains from both Gauntlet and Tie Advanced
    • Clutch your chest as you begin to theory-craft a reinforcement lineup granting all ships retribution, and therefore....more TM
    • Lose consciousness when you ask yourself..."if the Tie Bomber does an AOE on a fully Target Locked battlefie...."

Store left-overs in refrigerator for up to 5-minutes.

--- So....yes..the Executor's Ultimate ability is certainly OP, but if Empire ships could gain TM, you'd never get to see the Death-Star do its thing.
  • So when can we expect the A-Wing so I can just solo the Executor with that?? B)
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Nauros wrote: »
    Specifically going around crewless ships. Specifically removing Outmaneuver. When you need to call out existing fleets like this, there is something wrong with your design.

Are you suggesting if they would avoid all taunts and not crewless taunts it would be good design?
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »

Are you suggesting if they would avoid all taunts and not crewless taunts it would be good design?

If the people that thought they understood "good design" actually were in charge of design, the game would have actually died long ago, instead of just being on the edge of design for over five years now.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    the edge of death, not the edge of design, lol

we're all on the edge of death, let's be honest
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Isn’t everything on the edge of falling into death and oblivion though?
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Xcien wrote: »

Isn’t everything on the edge of falling into death and oblivion though?

3269558d-f6e9-4f94-862b-40fd2badf45b_text.gif
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator

Not me

I'm an internet AI
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member

Not me

I'm an internet AI

Wow do I have news for you.
  • TargetEadu wrote: »
    I like how the entire Unique ability screams “don’t use the TIE Advanced here”. Directly lowering healing, permanent Target Lock, no TM gain on I Have You Now…

Eh, the Advanced is better used with Tarkin. The standard TIE fighter is going to miss its TM gain, but with 5/7 slots being Bounty Hunters finding two Empire units shouldn’t be that hard. Maybe the Reaper can finally be at home.

nope, reaper removes TM with unique and special 1. the only empire ships that don't have their abilities nerfed with executor are the bomber and the shuttle.
    That shouldn’t matter. Executor doesn’t prevent the Reaper from reducing enemy ships’ TM, just blocks any manipulation of the Reaper’s own TM.

Technically the Reaper does lose on a 10% TM push on Reinforce, but that’s not too bad.