[MEGA] Title Update Roll Out: 08/10/2021

Prev134
Kyno
32087 posts Moderator
edited August 2021
Hi Holotable Heroes,

We have begun the rollout of the next title Update that contains several changes to Journey Guide tools. You may start seeing these changes if you update manually from your app store today, but there will be a forced Update tomorrow that will require all the players to update to the latest version with the features below.

THE UPDATED JOURNEY GUIDE

The Journey Guide has been updated with a streamlined experience and a brand new look! The Ships and Characters buttons have been combined into a single Collections button and you can now access the Journey Guide directly from the Cantina screen.
3gh2m32wpwn5.png

We have reorganized the Journey Guide into a gallery sorted by types of events and tiers of difficulty. Now you can quickly access all of the relevant information you need to unlock an exciting new character or ship. All requirements for each tier and the rewards are front and center so you can easily find what you need to complete your next battle.
kamz9n46gzcb.png
cbdqbihsr0ge.png

In addition, there is a new option in the Journey Guide called Begin Journey for each unit that will assist you in tracking its requirements. Once selected, you can find all the units needed for the entire event in a tab on the Collections screen and the units and gear required for the next step of the journey are clearly marked throughout the game with new icons.
p9p2wnafldy0.png

We hope you enjoy the new streamlined Journey Guide experience! See you on the Holotables!

FIXES
These fixes will be live once you have downloaded the latest version from your app store.
  • UNIT - Fixed an issue that caused units to be targetable after they were defeated and a related issue that could cause the game to soft lock in that scenario.
  • AUDIO - Game music will no longer play when using the speaker during phone calls.

<<DEV POST>>

Replies

• Fylik
    12 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    So glad we have this update and not the ship squads we have been waiting for years ! :)
    Post edited by Fylik on
  • I like smooth interface, so.. good stuff !
  • nurm
    107 posts Member
    Nice UI improvement. Will this effect on the recommended teams?
  • Android client updated, and not all the features listed are showing. Hopefully they will populate with tomorrows content update.
  • My sound programs will no longer run on my phone after the update if swgoh is loaded up. (samsung S8+) they instantly get reset to pause when swgoh is active. how am i supposed to play without my audible books?!?
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Fylik wrote: »
    So glad we have this update and not the ship squads we have been waiting for years ! :)

Doja just commented on this yesterday, its in the list of QOL stuff, he and Crumb pushing for with the dev team
  • I like these interface changes, thanks :)
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Fylik wrote: »

Doja just commented on this yesterday, its in the list of QOL stuff, he and Crumb pushing for with the dev team

He also said it isn't likely to happen for a long while
  • if I have to tap less to get to where I wanna go, I ain't gonna complain..
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    SotaDraken wrote: »
    if I have to tap less to get to where I wanna go, I ain't gonna complain..

What if you have to tap more.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    SotaDraken wrote: »
    if I have to tap less to get to where I wanna go, I ain't gonna complain..

What if you have to tap more.

v9ticrqa4exq.gif
  • SandurzGoH wrote: »
    Android client updated, and not all the features listed are showing. Hopefully they will populate with tomorrows content update.

Same. It only updated showing the journey guide icon on the main screen. The guide is still the same.
  • My sound programs will no longer run on my phone after the update if swgoh is loaded up. (samsung S8+) they instantly get reset to pause when swgoh is active. how am i supposed to play without my audible books?!?

Same here on a Motorola. Seems like something like this happened before (or maybe it was a different game), hopefully it gets fixed quickly.
  • Looks good. Can’t wait to explore it with the real rollout soon.
  • Nothing new with Journey guide except the button on main screen after I updated it. Do the changes not go in effect til a future date?
  • Can we get a button on the main screen that sims all active events and challenges?
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Calo_Nord wrote: »
    Can we get a button on the main screen that sims all active events and challenges?

Take a guess.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
    Android client updated, and not all the features listed are showing. Hopefully they will populate with tomorrows content update.

Same. It only updated showing the journey guide icon on the main screen. The guide is still the same.

Same here
  • Sebek wrote: »
    Dta151 wrote: »
    Nothing new with Journey guide except the button on main screen after I updated it. Do the changes not go in effect til a future date?

It will update to the new version when it's gonna be a forced update (aka tomorrow).

Thanks

Yeah same. I forced update but not everything new showing. Just some of the mentioned features.
  • Mohrg
    197 posts Member
    looks great, very much looking forward to getting all of it in.
  • With the new update, I can no longer play 'pictures in picture' when I play the game on android... it seems to just pause the Twitch stream when I enter the game.
    Can this be changed back/repaired/fixed?
  • Zumwan
    354 posts Member
    I updated the game yesterday and I already see a button to the Journey Guide in the home screen. However, when opening the journey guide, i still see it the way it was before, it doesn't look like the screenshots posted by the Devs (reorganization of characters, ability to mark one to set as an objective). Is there another title update coming?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Zumwan wrote: »
    I updated the game yesterday and I already see a button to the Journey Guide in the home screen. However, when opening the journey guide, i still see it the way it was before, it doesn't look like the screenshots posted by the Devs (reorganization of characters, ability to mark one to set as an objective). Is there another title update coming?

Yes, they have not pushed out the full update. The update from the store that is available as an optional download will not go fully live until the update is forced for everyone, later today or tomorrow.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Zumwan wrote: »

Same with mine. I believe the rest of the update will come today.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • No audio from Spotify or Stitcher now on Android whilst in game following the update. Please fix!
  • Brown89 wrote: »
    No audio from Spotify or Stitcher now on Android whilst in game following the update. Please fix!

Be sure to file a bug report. Didn't realize how much of my game time is spent listening to other apps until I couldn't do it anymore 😭.
  • Great...... its doing this again huh
  • Could we get a button that creates new content?
  • For anyone else having the audio issue, just heard back from support that they are now aware of the issue. Hopefully they are able to fix it as quickly as they did last time it cropped up.