Which GL should be worked on to unlock first?

Chewaka
17 posts Member
edited August 2021
I am most interested in GLs. They look very cool and I want to unlock them. Any tips on unlocking Gls and which one should I start to work on first? Rey? Kylo? Palpatine? Kenobi? Lord Vader, or Luke?
Post edited by Chewaka on

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Do you have an SWGOH.GG account to share, that will help anyone trying to give you advice.
  • If you are a newer player, don't worry about them just yet.
    3v3 FTW
  • @Kyno , no. I will make an account when I can.
  • just made account
  • Chewaka wrote: »
    just made account
    Post a link to your profile please. Then we can see your in game roster.
  • what do you mean when you say send a link of my profile?
  • If you're new, look at SLKR, SEE and Rey.

Luke requires 2 GET1 farms which takes a long time, even if you're dedicated to them.
    Kenobi requires R8 mats, 7* Wat and negotiator. See above.
    Vader (so far) requires R8 mats (see above) and GAS (long farm by himself)
    - R8 mats are pretty much out of reach of new players unless you can somehow miraculously get accepted into a C.rancor clearing guild.
    - GET farms (GET1: Hermit Yoda/Wampa for JKL for JML and GET2: Negotiator for JMK) simply require time in a competent guild. Lots of time.

So let's look at the 3 that are actually possible to go after.
    SLKR can solo HSTR, giving a significant resource income boost.
    SLKR does well in C.rancor.
    SLKR can practically solo one of the assault battles. Further boosting income.
    SLKR works perfectly with his unlock characters, reducing required grinds significantly.

SEE performs well in the same assault battle as SLKR.
    SEE can't solo HSTR.
    SEE is one of the stronger offensive GLs in TW and GAC, but is one of the weakest on defense. (if not currently THE weakest)

Rey is the strongest GL on defense outside of JMK + CAT lineup.
    Rey can solo HSTR with CAT, but you're unlikely to get CAT anytime soon unless they make her farmable as a newer player.
    Rey gives you a decent HSTR team from reqs + can perform well in HSTR and C.Rancor herself.
    Rey arguably has the better capital ship requirement for fleet arena between SLKR and Rey. Finalizer just doesn't hold at all on defense.
    Rey doesn't give you any Assault Battle performance boost.
    Rey has the single most varied team viability of any GL, making her really good at stuff like Conquest, as well as giving you a lot of openness in what to go after in regards to future characters, though her optimal lineups are pretty static and similar to both JMK and JML's optimal lineups.

Overall, I'd probably suggest you to go after SLKR, as he provides the most immediate benefits, and requires the least "extra" farming for use.

Alternatively, I believe SEE is generally considered the fastest to acquire of the 3 from a fresh level 1 account perspective, but also by far among the weakest currently for what he provides in general - That might change with certain upcoming characters though (namely Conquest reward Maul), but isn't at all guaranteed. (and it's just as likely SLKR will benefit from it as well since we know they already share an important tag.)
  • explain in a different way please i don't understand any of this
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    SLKR
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
    explain in a different way please i don't understand any of this

Hes basically saying that most GLs have huge requirements for newer players. The most achievable still being SLKR. Hes the GL with only one legendary character (toons that can only be unlocked by farming certain toons beforehand) The rest of them can be farmed from ingames stores and hard nodes and cantina nodes. But rest assured as a new players it will take you approximately 8 months minimum if you are doing it fully f2p.

• HTWarrior wrote: »
    Chewaka wrote: »

Hes basically saying that most GLs have huge requirements for newer players. The most achievable still being SLKR. Hes the GL with only one legendary character (toons that can only be unlocked by farming certain toons beforehand) The rest of them can be farmed from ingames stores and hard nodes and cantina nodes. But rest assured as a new players it will take you approximately 8 months minimum if you are doing it fully f2p.

SEE is slightly faster, as you only have to farm 1 ship as opposed to 7 for Finalizer.
    My discord - BabyYoda#4470 My swgoh.gg - https://swgoh.gg/p/648565123/
  • For a brand new player, I'd say SEE is faster.

For someone who has already farmed the BH ships, SLKR for sure.

That's the real difference, more Relics for SEE & overall less useful composition of characters, v/s, More Ship Farming for SLKR & more focused toons.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    what do you mean when you say send a link of my profile?

Go to the character page of your account on SWGOH.GG and copy and post the URL.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    what do you mean when you say send a link of my profile?

Go to the character page of your account on SWGOH.GG and copy and post the URL.

@Chewaka Do this please. Here's an example of me posting a URL to my account: https://swgoh.gg/p/252191742/characters/

He was just pointing out the different ways the various GLs are useful for different events.

Please post a link to your SWGOH acct profile as requested above.

Or at least answer a few questions.

What is your Acct Level? 85 Yet?

Who are your 10 best geared characters, and what gear level are they?

For new accounts the "fastest" to complete will probably be either Kylo or Palpatine as several of us have mentioned above.

• Level 77
    I will post the link but please give me some time. I'm learning how to sync my account into SWGOH GG
  • It may take a while to learn how to sync my account to SWGOH GG. I'm trying to figure it out the best I can. I will post the link but it will take a while. I promise that as soon as I sync my account, I will post it here.
  • 8 months, no way someone who doesn't know how to play could hope to get SLKR in 8 months. And if that is all you go for it will just bore you to death, got to build other teams along the way.
    Level 77
    I will post the link but please give me some time. I'm learning how to sync my account into SWGOH GG

Okay, so new player, not vet looking to do a GL.

For a new player I would say SEE is the easiest.

If you had been playing a while & had the BH Ships done that might change to be SLKR, but, fresh to the game, SEE for sure.

The ship farm for SEE is much faster.