Wampa in Galactic Challanges and/or Conquest - PLEASE!

How badly would the game economy break if CG placed a Wampa in a Galactic Challenge and/or in Conquest? Doing that kill 50 Wampas with Boba Fett quest is insanely long now that most guilds only do Geo TBs while a bunch of Wampas are found in the Hoth TB.

Would the game's economy truly break by allowing some people to collect 50K in credits and 10 crystals? At least place a Wampa in a Conquest every now and then. Said people will still have to pay conquest energy to beat the beast over and over again so it won't be free.

I've since long done this quest, so it matters not to me. I just feel bad for others.

Replies

• and yes, I am aware of:

1. Galactic War (GW). You will ON OCCASION find a Wampa to defeat there. Maybe. You will have to fight through all 12 battles manually (no simming) to find out.
    2. Squad Arena. You will ON OCCASION find a Wampa to defeat there. Maybe. If you happen to know somebody in the same arena group (aka shard), you can politely ask them to place a Wampa on their team for you to fight. (If they happen to have one)
    3. Grand Arena Championships (GAC). You will ON OCCASION find a Wampa to defeat there. Maybe. If you are polite, you could always send a message to your opponent and ask them to put one on defense for you. Maybe they will do it. (If they happen to have one)
    4. Territory War (TW). You will ON OCCASION find a Wampa to defeat there. Maybe.
    5. Dark Side Hoth Territory Battle (DS Hoth TB). In phase two, the special mission where you can only use Bounty Hunters. There are 5 Wampas to kill there.
    6. During the Galactic Bounties I event, you will have the opportunity to kill 2 Wampas.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    You are correct it would not do anything to the economy, as quests do not reward anything based on the economy.

Quests are not meant to be easy to get, that's kind of the point, from my understanding.

I dont see them placing it in Conquest as that would make it too easy to get it done.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Quests are not meant to be easy to get, that's kind of the point, from my understanding. I dont see them placing it in Conquest as that would make it too easy to get it done.

In a galactic changeling, I would agree with you. They are free to do over and over again. Conquest, as I mentioned earlier, you need to pay energy to do the battles. The fact you have to pay would reduce the "too easy to get it done". I doubt most people would pay 50 crystals many times to ultimately collect 10.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »
    Quests are not meant to be easy to get, that's kind of the point, from my understanding. I dont see them placing it in Conquest as that would make it too easy to get it done.

In a galactic changeling, I would agree with you. They are free to do over and over again. Conquest, as I mentioned earlier, you need to pay energy to do the battles. The fact you have to pay would reduce the "too easy to get it done". I doubt most people would pay 50 crystals many times to ultimately collect 10.

There are feats in Conquest that are do X number of battles with LS, or DS toons, that would fall right in line with the Conquest and cost no "extra battles" to get 5-10 more wampa, easy, if not more.

Or most sector feats have a similar thing that could be done and rack in more wampa, without paying to really fo anything not needed for Conquest already.

Then as you finish, the last day of you are already done, your energy build up at the end can be more free wampa. Or a player who gets stuck and just has days of energy after getting the highest box they can get.

It just seems unlikely they would open it up that much, as this is meant to be optional and difficult.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    It just seems unlikely they would open it up that much, as this is meant to be optional and difficult.

I wasn't suggesting CG make it super easy, but they did inadvertently make it more difficult by giving guilds a choice to run GeoTBs (and thefore removing 5 x Wampas per month). I also wasn't suggesting to place a Wampa in every conquest, just in a couple of conquests per year.

Besides, what is the harm in giving some people 10 crystals and 50K in credits? You yourself agreed that the rewards weren't special. Do you have any ideas to make this quest slightly easier?
  • With the cost of battles now 20 and with conquest difficultly ramped up.....
    Come on CG....show people stuck on this quest a little compassion. Put a Wampa in conquest, once in a while.....
  • With the cost of battles now 20 and with conquest difficultly ramped up.....
    Come on CG....show people stuck on this quest a little compassion. Put a Wampa in conquest, once in a while.....

It’s only Sunday, and we’ve already got the necro of the week
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    With the cost of battles now 20 and with conquest difficultly ramped up.....

At least it’s a good necro, not one of the ones of people reviving an old thread so that they can complain.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • It’s only Sunday, and we’ve already got the necro of the week
    and since when is ~3 weeks a "necro"?
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    and since when is ~3 weeks a "necro"?

I guess today? I usually draw the necro line at 2 months or more though, and occasionally 1 month or more.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.