Resolute Kit Idea

MegaCrunchi
50 posts Member
edited August 2021
Hello There,
Thought I'll try myself on a Capital Ship this time (and yes I have too much time right now)...
Mostly because we need more Capital Ships for Factions like Rebels etc. and not just more and more Journey Guide Capital Ships for the Empire ^^"

But I'm a Republic Fanboy so I chose a Republic Capital Ship

Concerning the Ultimate Ability
The Animatin should be the scene when they use multiple AT-TEs on astroids to ambush a seperatist fleet.

Kit Idea:
UNIT NAME: Resolute
ALIGNMENT: Light
CATEGORIES: Light Side, Capital Ship, Galactic Republic, Jedi
Fleet Commander: General Skywalker
Basic: OPEN FIRE!
FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical Damage to target enemy and grant target ally Valor for 1 turn.
Target Lock: Target ally is called to assist.
Special 1: SHADOW SQUADRON (Cooldown 4)
FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical Damage to all enemies, inflict them with Defense Down and Target Lock and grant Galactic Republic allies Offense Up for 2 turns.
Special 2: PREEMINENT TACTICS (Cooldown 5)
FINAL TEXT: Dispell all debuffs from all allies and grant them Valor for 2 turns. Target ally recovers 100% Health and Protection and gains Damage Immunity for 1 turn. Other Galactic Republic allies recover 40% Health and Protection.
Ultimate: AMBUSCADE (Cooldown 7)
FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical Damage to all enemies and remove 100% turn meter (including Capital Ship). Enemy capital ship is inflicted with Ambushed until it is defeated and its Cooldowns are reset to max.
Ambushed: Capital Ship looses the Reinforcement ability and becomes targetable by all enemy units abilities.
Crew: OPEN CIRCLE FLEET
FINAL TEXT: At the start of battle, all Galactic Republic allies gain +30% Max Health, Max Protection, 15% Offense and the 5th Fleet status effect. Whenever an ally with 5th Fleet is defeated, all other Galactic Republic allies with 5th Fleet attack the weakest enemy unit and gain Protection Up for 2 turns.
Reinforcement Bonus: Reinforcements gain the 5th Fleet status effect and gain buffs based on their role.
Attacker: Offense Up and Critical Chance Up for 2 turns.
Tank: Taunt and Critical Hit Immunity for 2 turns.
Supporter: Speed Up and Tenacity Up for 2 turns.
5th Fleet: This unit assists whenever another Unit with the 5th Fleet status effect attacks (limited once per turn)

On that note, have fun, thx for readin and feel free to leave a comment (and critic)
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    The Ultimate seems too OP. Otherwise, the kit idea is fine.

Also, is the 5th Fleet a buff?
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • 5th Fleet would be a status effect like the Payouts from the bounty hunters
    And concerning the ultimate... what part do you think seems to op? I really tried to keep it down tbh ^^"
  • 5th Fleet would be a status effect like the Payouts from the bounty hunters
    And concerning the ultimate... what part do you think seems to op? I really tried to keep it down tbh ^^"

The whole “loses reinforcement” ability is COMPLETELY busted. If you want to increase its cooldown from 2 to like 3-4, that’s still a bit broken but okay. Also, what would making the Capital Ship targetable do, exactly?
  • Making a Capital Ship targetable means that you can attack it and destroy it with your ships (of course capital ships will need/have a good amount of health and protection...)
    And disabling the reinforcement ability might sound op but... lets just have a look at the Executors Ultimate...And you might say 'but the Executors Ult has a Cooldown of 20' and yes thats true... but it gets reduced by 1 everytime a ship is inflicted with breach so in the end you get the enemy capital ship destroyed after... maybe 5 rounds ?
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    5th Fleet would be a status effect like the Payouts from the bounty hunters

The whole “loses reinforcement” ability is COMPLETELY busted. If you want to increase its cooldown from 2 to like 3-4, that’s still a bit broken but okay. Also, what would making the Capital Ship targetable do, exactly?

This is what seems OP.

• Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Making a Capital Ship targetable means that you can attack it and destroy it with your ships (of course capital ships will need/have a good amount of health and protection...)
    And disabling the reinforcement ability might sound op but... lets just have a look at the Executors Ultimate...And you might say 'but the Executors Ult has a Cooldown of 20' and yes thats true... but it gets reduced by 1 everytime a ship is inflicted with breach so in the end you get the enemy capital ship destroyed after... maybe 5 rounds ?

Capital Ships don’t even have Health and Protection; they’re not supposed to be targeted. If CG ever was going to release a ship that could do that, they’d have added Health and Protection.

• Xcien wrote: »
    Making a Capital Ship targetable means that you can attack it and destroy it with your ships (of course capital ships will need/have a good amount of health and protection...)

Capital Ships don’t even have Health and Protection; they’re not supposed to be targeted. If CG ever was going to release a ship that could do that, they’d have added Health and Protection.

Yeah thats what they would need to do but... I don't really see a problem with that ^^"
    And disabling the Reinforcement ability might sound a bit OP but the ultimate should only be available after at least 2 reinforcements are called in and.... destroying a capital ship instant doesn't sound op ? ^^ #Executor
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Xcien wrote: »

Yeah thats what they would need to do but... I don't really see a problem with that ^^"
    And disabling the Reinforcement ability might sound a bit OP but the ultimate should only be available after at least 2 reinforcements are called in and.... destroying a capital ship instant doesn't sound op ? ^^ #Executor

But Executor has a 20 to 30 cooldown, so not instant.

• But Executor has a 20 to 30 cooldown, so not instant.

20 cooldown with 1 turn reduced everytime an enemy is inflicted with breach... which happens quiet frequently and most executors I've seen so far simply got their ult before Kenobi etc, pp or at least at the same time

• Xcien
    2436 posts Member

20 cooldown with 1 turn reduced everytime an enemy is inflicted with breach... which happens quiet frequently and most executors I've seen so far simply got their ult before Kenobi etc, pp or at least at the same time

That’s still not instantly. BH have to apply Breach between 20-30 times in order for Executor to use its ultimate. You said instant. Just felt I should point that out.

• Xcien wrote: »

That’s still not instantly. BH have to apply Breach between 20-30 times in order for Executor to use its ultimate. You said instant. Just felt I should point that out.

I meant that the capital ship is destroyed instant like... this skill is used and boom it's gone... not that it's defeated the moment battle beginns ^^"
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Xcien wrote: »

I meant that the capital ship is destroyed instant like... this skill is used and boom it's gone... not that it's defeated the moment battle beginns ^^"

Ah. I believed you meant that it was destroyed instantly at the start of battle.