Territory War Matchmaker

Replies

• Gravy275 wrote: »
    I do think, that if more and more people complain and complain, perhaps even reporting guilds, although knowing they did not do anything against swgoh rules (surely honor, fairness and integrity is not part of those rules).
    Increase in reporting and complaints just has to draw the attention to this sandbagging guilds who, as said above, have no honor, no fairness and no integrity.

Or just have lives outside swgoh…
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
    I do think, that if more and more people complain and complain, perhaps even reporting guilds, although knowing they did not do anything against swgoh rules (surely honor, fairness and integrity is not part of those rules).
    Increase in reporting and complaints just has to draw the attention to this sandbagging guilds who, as said above, have no honor, no fairness and no integrity.

Reporting guilds? No thanks.

Most people always use every possibility to win, however rules for a game try to make it fair in the end. In this case only a matchmaking algorithm change can fix the issue. Just set it to maximum 2-4 person difference and the strong sandbagging wont have any affect anymore.
    And than people can tell to each-another in "TW focused" guilds that 40% are on vacation to eachanother :p
  • And done …….
    ko9ojszuib5p.png

Just out of curiosity: why not? If not done nothing will change. I know they did not do anything wrong but just be there on the other side and try to motivate your guild if they almost always get a bad matchmaking

I agree the matchmaking algorithm hast to be changed and very easily include a count on GLs and equal the count somewhat and the GP…. Easy fix I think
    Gravy275 wrote: »

Just out of curiosity: why not? If not done nothing will change. I know they did not do anything wrong but just be there on the other side and try to motivate your guild if they almost always get a bad matchmaking

I agree the matchmaking algorithm hast to be changed and very easily include a count on GLs and equal the count somewhat and the GP…. Easy fix I think
    Because they’re not cheating. That’s why not.

And I disagree about the GL count. Active GP and a similar number of participants is all they need to do.

And I disagree about the GL count. Active GP and a similar number of participants is all they need to do.

Okay that is your opinion… we just had an opponent with 54 GLs versus our 10 GLs… obviously we lost…
    That is why a GL count is necessary in the matchmaking process especially after nerfing other toons so that a GL can only be beaten by another GL

Okay that is your opinion… we just had an opponent with 54 GLs versus our 10 GLs… obviously we lost…
    That is why a GL count is necessary in the matchmaking process especially after nerfing other toons so that a GL can only be beaten by another GL
    But if they sort the number of participants, such big mismatches won’t happen. And if they still do, one guild would need to think about how they had used their resources.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Git moar GLs is the new git gud.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH

But if they sort the number of participants, such big mismatches won’t happen. And if they still do, one guild would need to think about how they had used their resources.

But you do agree that the matchmaking process needs a serious rework?

Yes of course. Didn’t I say that?

But giving certain characters special treatment within that matchmaking is not the way to fix it.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • Gravy275
    13 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    ImaSmakya wrote: »

But giving certain characters special treatment within that matchmaking is not the way to fix it.

I would not see why Galactic Legends should not be specially treated. They should and will be undoubtedly special. As advertised by CG soon you will not be able to counter GLs with anything else than a GL.

Therefore the matchmaking process should include the GLs. In our last TW we encountered 50 plus GLs with only 10. that is neither fair, nor is it anything close to a game which is supposed to make fun. Such outnumbering TWs have to stop and the only way is to include GLs in the comparison.

If you say certain characters should not get special treatment, why not make a suggestion on how to end such sandbagging events oder hilariously outnumbered TWs?
    Post edited by Gravy275 on
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

I would not see why Galactic Legends should not be specially treated. They should and will be undoubtedly special. As advertised by CG soon you will not be able to counter GLs with anything else than a GL.

Therefore the matchmaking process should include the GLs. In our last TW we encountered 50 plus GLs with only 10. that is neither fair, nor is it anything close to a game which is supposed to make fun. Such outnumbering TWs have to stop and the only way is to include GLs in the comparison.

If you say certain characters should not get special treatment, why not make a suggestion on how to end such sandbagging events oder hilariously outnumbered TWs?

Why not mm based on JKR? It's not fair that they have more.

DR is new and better than JKR, why not mm based on DR? It's not fair that they have more.

GAS is new and better than DR, why not mm based on GAS? It's not fair that they have more.

You are asking CG to constantly update a static process. Good luck with that.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »

Why not mm based on JKR? It's not fair that they have more.

DR is new and better than JKR, why not mm based on DR? It's not fair that they have more.

GAS is new and better than DR, why not mm based on GAS? It's not fair that they have more.

You are asking CG to constantly update a static process. Good luck with that.

Excuse me DR or JKR or GAS is a total different story than GLs….
    It seems to me you are arguing in favor of the sandbagging guilds…

I am only saying that matchmaking per definition is a process of finding an equally built guild and not only based on GP. We all which are victims of the sandbagging guilds just want fairness and the fun back
  • Do MM within -+1-2 players and the sandbagger will meet each other. Easy fix.
  • I cannot agree more with GL having to be factored into the match making, especially with the inbound changes to the game where only a GL can counter a GL. My guild has clearly and openly demonstrated the sandbagging phenomenon. The opponent had no chance and spent 24hrs to kill 15 GL and that included the use of soft non GL counters. We spent a little over 3hrs leisurely dismantling their defence. There was no fun on either side, no competition, give me an auto button and I’d have pressed it. Matching active guild rosters that also factor in similar GL and you have yourself a real match, where strategy will play a part and everyone in the guild has a role to fulfil to secure a victory. Those were the good days before GL and were some of the most intense, connected gaming experiences as players and as a guild we had. Super fun, energy charged and propelled us to get better and stronger as a guild and community.
  • Gravy275
    13 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    FidoElite wrote: »
    I cannot agree more with GL having to be factored into the match making, especially with the inbound changes to the game where only a GL can counter a GL. My guild has clearly and openly demonstrated the sandbagging phenomenon. The opponent had no chance and spent 24hrs to kill 15 GL and that included the use of soft non GL counters. We spent a little over 3hrs leisurely dismantling their defence. There was no fun on either side, no competition, give me an auto button and I’d have pressed it. Matching active guild rosters that also factor in similar GL and you have yourself a real match, where strategy will play a part and everyone in the guild has a role to fulfil to secure a victory. Those were the good days before GL and were some of the most intense, connected gaming experiences as players and as a guild we had. Super fun, energy charged and propelled us to get better and stronger as a guild and community.

Thank you for your great words and efforts proving that the present matchmaking process desperately needs a re-working. 👍
    Post edited by Gravy275 on
  • Well, I just hope CG take notice. As a long time player I have no interest in winning all the time. However, as we all do, want fun in the game. I will continue to post updates here.
  • On paper - this is looking much more even and fun to plan. We are 49 we think opponents are 45/46 with 23 slots to fill.

5txaci6kg1mr.jpeg
  • Dephcon13
    1 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    qkpkfw9bg9sp.jpeg
    Yeah same here, absolute dogwater matchmaking.
  • Dephcon13 wrote: »
    qkpkfw9bg9sp.jpeg
    Yeah same here, absolute dogwater matchmaking.

That is shocking. 100GL difference is just bonkers. Post back here after the battle to show how it played out. So sorry you are having a crap match up.

• zatho
    747 posts Member
    With this kind of matchmaking this game mode makes no sense and is a waste of time. Just register, set some defense and get second-place rewards. So lame....

eig9tyz1midc.png
  • Yup. You matchmaking needs revamp Its totally unacceptable .. AVERAGE we have to fight with DOUBLE Galactics ... you have focused the game on meta... yet you allow guilds with more meta to dominate. So there is no FAIRNESS in this game any more. :

gm4s5z0zh84o.png

vs

6v8lpc2bbecc.png

• Hi folks,

We are aware that some Guilds are battling in Territory Wars against higher GP Guilds with a deeper roster and can feel impossible to beat. Currently, we don’t see any egregious issues in the data but, after looking at the posts on the forums, it’s clear that we need to investigate further. Territory War Matchmaker is something we have been monitoring closely for a while but we still need to gather more info about the current situation.

I am combing through the forum for past GP mismatches for my report but I could use your help. Please post here with the following info if you have experienced a large mismatch in Guild GP during Territory War in the last couple months (last change to TW matchmaker was in March 2018):
    • Date of TW:
    • Your Guild’s GP
    • Opposing team’s GP:
    • # of my guild members who joined:
    • # of opposing guild members who joined:
    Attach any screenshots of the above info if you have them.

So, 3 years now, and still no solution for this problem?

Must be a big problem!

Matchmaking like this:

2jjgv22r8vn3.png

So, I'm not the guy, who has your experience, but I don't get the problem to solve this bad matchmaking.

But let's give it a try.

First try:

Take the GP, who has registered. Divide this with the number of players who has registered.
    And this number you will match and use the lower number of registered player to set the max number auf teams.

Second try:

The guild register to the TW, and the whole GP of the complete Guild will count. Then you match every guild with a guild who has the same GM. So, nearly the same like a TB. And most guilds make good progress in TB with all guildmates. So it should be possible, to do the same in TW.

Fact would be, that no guild can try to avoid this matchmaking and it would be much more fair then this, what we have now.
  • Hi folks,

We are aware that some Guilds are battling in Territory Wars against higher GP Guilds with a deeper roster and can feel impossible to beat. Currently, we don’t see any egregious issues in the data but, after looking at the posts on the forums, it’s clear that we need to investigate further. Territory War Matchmaker is something we have been monitoring closely for a while but we still need to gather more info about the current situation.

I am combing through the forum for past GP mismatches for my report but I could use your help. Please post here with the following info if you have experienced a large mismatch in Guild GP during Territory War in the last couple months (last change to TW matchmaker was in March 2018):
    • Date of TW:
    • Your Guild’s GP
    • Opposing team’s GP:
    • # of my guild members who joined:
    • # of opposing guild members who joined:
    Attach any screenshots of the above info if you have them.

So, 3 years now, and still no solution for this problem?

Must be a big problem!

Matchmaking like this:

2jjgv22r8vn3.png

So, I'm not the guy, who has your experience, but I don't get the problem to solve this bad matchmaking.

But let's give it a try.

First try:

Take the GP, who has registered. Divide this with the number of players who has registered.
    And this number you will match and use the lower number of registered player to set the max number auf teams.

Second try:

The guild register to the TW, and the whole GP of the complete Guild will count. Then you match every guild with a guild who has the same GM. So, nearly the same like a TB. And most guilds make good progress in TB with all guildmates. So it should be possible, to do the same in TW.

Fact would be, that no guild can try to avoid this matchmaking and it would be much more fair then this, what we have now.

And donˋt forget the count of the GLs…again we are faced with a hilariously outnumbering of GLs against our guild.
    24 on the opponent side against our 8 GLs….. I probably do not need to say how it turned out.

I believe solutions are possible, only the willingness of the programmers to react on them is not obvious to me.
  • Our match up was close on paper and our strategy paid off along with our coordination. Very similar nos. Of GL so had to get the balance of defence vs offence.

e2muas04bq7r.png

• FidoElite
    79 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Well, I will continue to post here. CG should post some stats to show why they do not see this TW match up process to be a problem. With GLs becoming more prevalent and the non GL counter nerf very nearly implemented the mechanics of match making are about to make the problem a lot more challenging and difficult to ignore. I do notice that swgoh are now highlighting GL numbers in their summary of a guild. I think this suggests that GLs are indeed important and if that is the case, their factoring into the TW match up must now be considered.
  • Unfortunately nothing has changed…Territorial War Match Making again at its worst.
    Our guild with 11 GLs in game (some have not signed up because they are fed up with this system) are facing 23 GLs… I do not need to express again and again and again that dear CG this is not they way match making should work.
    More and more of our guild are turning away from the TWs and I can absolutely understand… why arenyou fixing this problem?