Kit Reveal: Executor

Replies

  • TVF
    30983 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    the edge of death, not the edge of design, lol

    we're all on the edge of death, let's be honest

    Not me

    I'm an internet AI

    Wow do I have news for you.
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of conquest. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TargetEadu wrote: »
    I like how the entire Unique ability screams “don’t use the TIE Advanced here”. Directly lowering healing, permanent Target Lock, no TM gain on I Have You Now…

    Eh, the Advanced is better used with Tarkin. The standard TIE fighter is going to miss its TM gain, but with 5/7 slots being Bounty Hunters finding two Empire units shouldn’t be that hard. Maybe the Reaper can finally be at home.

    nope, reaper removes TM with unique and special 1. the only empire ships that don't have their abilities nerfed with executor are the bomber and the shuttle.
    That shouldn’t matter. Executor doesn’t prevent the Reaper from reducing enemy ships’ TM, just blocks any manipulation of the Reaper’s own TM.

    Technically the Reaper does lose on a 10% TM push on Reinforce, but that’s not too bad.
  • So what happens if the Raddus uses its Ultimate ability? Does it blow up the Death Star as well hahaha
  • ShaggyB
    2028 posts Member
    edited August 11
    MKIceman wrote: »

    Every kid growing up with Star Wars absolutely knows who Bossk is and how crucial he was to every victory.

    Yes.... as a kid i did know who bossk was and i had the old figure as well... he was very important in the fight and luke had to attack him to get vader every time.

    Now this could just be because my parents only bought me 1 storm troooer figure.... but regardless, that lizard man was a big part of my childhood
  • MKIceman wrote: »
    So all the BH ship stuff is interesting and all, but... I don't recall the BHs ever playing nice with each other, or ever having more synergy than an actual trained, battle-hardened military fleet.

    The only exception is when Obi Wan was undercover and they were working together on the ground -- but I never saw a fleet of BH ships working in tandem.

    But hey, what do I know -- clearly the HT is the best ship ever, the most valuable tank, and critical to every single Star Wars fleet battle ever, along with (apparently) Razor Crest now too.

    Every kid growing up with Star Wars absolutely knows who Bossk is and how crucial he was to every victory. And Mando showing up was definitely what turned the tide of the Battle of Endor to the Empire's favor, helping them blow up Home One and defeat the Rebel Alliance once and for all.

    Oh wait.

    Look I get it, but if this is your hangup then maybe this game isn’t for you. There are numerous Star Wars RPGs out there that do what you’re looking for—this ain’t that. This is a very very good game, but it’s not an RPG. What you’re doing is basically complaining that Be a GM Mode in a sports game doesn’t have enough headshots compared to Call of Duty.

    Galaxy of Heroes does a lot of stuff well, you’re looking for the things it has never tried to do and never been intended for.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • A lot of talk about how the lower healing and turn meter manipulation and whatnot is a nerf to Empire. This is mistaken.

    It’s a buff to Empire, because other factions get nothing at all. It’s just a larger buff to Bounty Hunters and a smaller one to Empire.

    The intent is obvious—this is a Bounty Hunter leader first and an Empire leader second because there are so few Bounty Hunter ships.

    Only Resistance gets shafted like that 😉
    Superpotts wrote: »
    So what happens if the Raddus uses its Ultimate ability? Does it blow up the Death Star as well hahaha

    Yes. If Executor is defeated, it can’t use its ultimate.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Pleasantly surprised that the cooldown of the Ultimate can be upgraded to it's lowest number (20) at 5*. Expected that to be a 7* perk.
  • Ultra
    8466 posts Moderator
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    Pleasantly surprised that the cooldown of the Ultimate can be upgraded to it's lowest number (20) at 5*. Expected that to be a 7* perk.

    Yeah, looking at all the abilities, the 50% health protection recovery to 100% is the only real loss for not having it at 7* and even that is not too bad to be without
  • TargetEadu
    622 posts Member
    edited August 12
    NicWester wrote: »
    A lot of talk about how the lower healing and turn meter manipulation and whatnot is a nerf to Empire. This is mistaken.

    It’s a buff to Empire, because other factions get nothing at all. It’s just a larger buff to Bounty Hunters and a smaller one to Empire.

    The intent is obvious—this is a Bounty Hunter leader first and an Empire leader second because there are so few Bounty Hunter ships.

    Only Resistance gets shafted like that 😉

    A buff would have been easy to achieve with “immune to TM reduction”, not TM manipulation which includes both gain and reduction. As has been pointed out, a lot of Empire ships have TM gain abilities which now won’t longer work under the Executor. Other non-Empire ships aren’t blocked this way.

    Being able to plan a team around it makes it hurt less, especially with a lot of BH ships to work with as well, but it is a detrimental ability. Specifically giving less Health and Protection to the TIE Advanced doesn’t help either.
    Post edited by TargetEadu on
  • Ultra wrote: »
    UdalCuain wrote: »
    Pleasantly surprised that the cooldown of the Ultimate can be upgraded to it's lowest number (20) at 5*. Expected that to be a 7* perk.

    Yeah, looking at all the abilities, the 50% health protection recovery to 100% is the only real loss for not having it at 7* and even that is not too bad to be without

    A surprise for sure, but a welcome one !

    There is also Mass stun at 7* with ultimate, but no idea how important it will be.
  • Ultimate ability says 20 cooldown. Does that mean you have to wait 20 turns for it to activate.
  • Korban wrote: »
    Ultimate ability says 20 cooldown. Does that mean you have to wait 20 turns for it to activate.
    The cooldown is reduced by 1 each time breach is applied, as listed in the kit description.
  • Legend91
    2013 posts Member
    Korban wrote: »
    Ultimate ability says 20 cooldown. Does that mean you have to wait 20 turns for it to activate.

    Is that a serious question?
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • TVF
    30983 posts Member
    Legend91 wrote: »
    Korban wrote: »
    Ultimate ability says 20 cooldown. Does that mean you have to wait 20 turns for it to activate.

    Is that a serious question?

    Not everyone reads kits.
    The CGDF is no more. Now we hate CG because of conquest. Say hi in our Discord! https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • "We Don't Need Their Scum: Immune to Turn Meter manipulation; whenever a Bounty Hunter ally is defeated, recover 25% Health and Protection; TIE Advanced x1 instead recovers 10% Health and Protection."

    Can we get some clarification on this bit?

    It just says "Immune to Turn Meter manipulation;" Who exactly is immune, Executor? Bounty Hunters? Everyone in your fleet? Everyone?

    I think it's just bounty hunters because it's in the "We don't need their scum" section, but I really can't be sure due to the complete lack of any subject nouns in this statement.
  • "We Don't Need Their Scum: Immune to Turn Meter manipulation; whenever a Bounty Hunter ally is defeated, recover 25% Health and Protection; TIE Advanced x1 instead recovers 10% Health and Protection."

    Can we get some clarification on this bit?

    It just says "Immune to Turn Meter manipulation;" Who exactly is immune, Executor? Bounty Hunters? Everyone in your fleet? Everyone?

    I think it's just bounty hunters because it's in the "We don't need their scum" section, but I really can't be sure due to the complete lack of any subject nouns in this statement.

    Nevermind it's a status or buff Empire ships gain. I figured it out.
  • Vader's Bounty states: "At the start of battle, Bounty Hunter allies gain Tenacity Up for 2 turns, and Empire allies gain We Don't Need Their Scum for the rest of the battle, which can't be copied, dispelled, or prevented. ", yet Imperial reinforcements are gaining this buff too and it doesn't say it's applied on reinforcement. Is this intentional or a bug?
  • Salacious_B_Crumb
    130 posts Member
    edited August 17

    Remember when the Devs started nerfing non GL characters because they could easily defeat GL teams even though GLs requires a lot more resources to aquire?
  • Underperforming. Executor ist basically a GL and beatable by about every fleet. Disappointing - BHs ships are way too slow and damage is too low. Ult is charging way too slow at 7s too on top of the other issues. How believable is that the Malo would stun this ship...
  • Zanir
    302 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

    And a thousand voices echoed throughout the galaxy, as if a legion of whales (and some other players, I guess) sighed deeply in relief.
  • LordDirt
    2528 posts Member
    Zanir wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

    And a thousand voices echoed throughout the galaxy, as if a legion of whales (and some other players, I guess) sighed deeply in relief.

    So you don't want the game to continue with stronger characters and ships?
    Free at last
  • Eta on update or we shall relic IG simply to R8 and strip a mod from Piett?
  • Kyno
    31666 posts Moderator
    XKurareX wrote: »
    Eta on update or we shall relic IG simply to R8 and strip a mod from Piett?

    They will not make any promises or give an ETA, until they are certain about what they may release.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    XKurareX wrote: »
    Eta on update or we shall relic IG simply to R8 and strip a mod from Piett?

    They will not make any promises or give an ETA, until they are certain about what they may release.

    Thank you for the answer - however the turnorder atm is so bad Raddus even annihilated the 7s Exe and this may have costed the GAC. It would be neat to get some solution to have a worse playing experience when investing a huge amount of xtals (shopped). This is turnorder is really mezzed up and only ig at r8 will fix it - however its not like he is a good character next to exactly fixing the exe 7s at the moment.
  • XKurareX wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    XKurareX wrote: »
    Eta on update or we shall relic IG simply to R8 and strip a mod from Piett?

    They will not make any promises or give an ETA, until they are certain about what they may release.

    Thank you for the answer - however the turnorder atm is so bad Raddus even annihilated the 7s Exe and this may have costed the GAC. It would be neat to get some solution to have a worse playing experience when investing a huge amount of xtals (shopped). This is turnorder is really mezzed up and only ig at r8 will fix it - however its not like he is a good character next to exactly fixing the exe 7s at the moment.

    Patience, grasshopper.
  • Not really a fan of how little Empire synergy this ship has. and nothing directly related to Darth Vader either....

    yes, the empire synergy is there, but it makes too much of a big deal out of bounty hunters. seriosly, we could have had the Ervana, but this?.....hmmm
  • Starslayer wrote: »
    XKurareX wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    XKurareX wrote: »
    Eta on update or we shall relic IG simply to R8 and strip a mod from Piett?

    They will not make any promises or give an ETA, until they are certain about what they may release.

    Thank you for the answer - however the turnorder atm is so bad Raddus even annihilated the 7s Exe and this may have costed the GAC. It would be neat to get some solution to have a worse playing experience when investing a huge amount of xtals (shopped). This is turnorder is really mezzed up and only ig at r8 will fix it - however its not like he is a good character next to exactly fixing the exe 7s at the moment.

    Patience, grasshopper.

    Patience is nice, but when you buy a product you await upgrades actually have positive impact - not visa verce.

    Or do you buy a car, plane of ship and pay for an engine upgrade to find out the performance is worse than without?It is a matter of quality control of your own product and company. Failures happen yes - but most companies i am working with act far faster if things do not go the way the customer expects it to be.
Sign In or Register to comment.