CG_SBCrumb
685 posts EA Community Manager
edited August 2021
[ Developer Insights - Kit Reveal ]

scxpmh7e0lmn.jpg

UNIT NAME: Maul
ALIGNMENT: Dark Side
CATEGORIES: Dark Side, Attacker, Leader, Mandalorian, Unaligned Force User
Unrelenting attacker that uses his anguish to crush his foes.

ABILITIES:

Basic: CRUSHING BLOW

cce2zh9z8ynl.gif

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy. If this is the first attack Maul used this turn, Maul gains 1 stack of Anguish (stacking, max 5) and if it critically hits, Maul gains another stack of Anguish.

Anguish: Takes damage at the start of their turn equal to 2% of their Max Health for each stack of Anguish and gains that much Offense until the end of their turn; this character can't be defeated by this damage

Special 1: FERVENT RUSH (Cooldown 3)

uruqu52o0u4e.gif

FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) Dispel all buffs on the target enemy. Deal Physical damage to all enemies and inflict Offense Down for 2 turns. This attack deals 5% more damage for each buff dispelled.

Maul gains 2 stacks of Anguish (stacking, max 5), if an enemy was defeated by this attack Maul instead gains the maximum stacks of Anguish.

Special 2: SEETHING RAGE (Cooldown 0)

kpnp9prr1mzi.gif

FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) Deal true damage to target enemy and inflict Buff Immunity for 2 turns. If Maul has 5 Anguish, increase target enemy's cooldowns by 2 (excludes raid bosses and Galactic Legends). Maul loses 1 stack of Anguish and takes a bonus turn. This attack can't be countered.

Each time this ability is used, it deals 60% more damage on subsequent uses and increases by an additional 60% until Maul uses a different ability during his turn.

This ability can't be used unless Maul has Anguish.

Leader: USURPER

FINAL TEXT: Mandalorian allies have +5% Max health for each Mandalorian ally at the start of battle and +25% Offense.

At the start of battle if Maul is in the Leader slot and not the ally slot, Mandalorians in the Leader slot gain 1 stack of Mand'alor: (stacking, max 2) until they are defeated, which can't be copied, dispelled, or prevented. When a character with Mand'alor is defeated, the character that defeated them gains Mand'alor until they're defeated. There can't be more than two Mand'alor effects in battle.

Mandalorian allies deal 20% more damage when they target an enemy with Mand'alor . While there are two Mand'alor buffs on allied characters, all Mandalorian allies deal 50% more damage during their turn.

Mand'alor: Mandalorian allies assist dealing 50% less damage when this character uses an ability during their turn; at the start of every turn, dispel all debuffs on the healthiest Mandalorian ally without Mand'alor and that ally gains Taunt and +100% Defense until the end of that turn; defeating this character will grant Mand'alor to the character that defeated them; if this character is defeated by a status effect, Mand'alor will not be granted to anyone

Unique: BOUND BY HATRED
FINAL TEXT: (ZETA) Maul's attacks are unavoidable and he has +15% Offense.

At the start of battle, Maul gains Frenzy and Retribution for 2 turns and 3 stacks of Anguish (stacking, max 5), if there is an enemy Kenobi, Maul instead gains the maximum stacks of Anguish.

While Maul has 3 or more stacks of Anguish, he is immune to Stun and Ability Block. While Maul has 5 stacks of Anguish, he ignores Taunt and is always critically hit by enemy attacks.
Post edited by crzydroid on

Replies

• (Basic) Crushing Blow.
    Deal physical damage to enemy, if this is the first attack Maul used this turn, Maul gains 1 stack of Anguish (Stacking, 5 max) and if it crit hits, Maul gains another stack. Anguish: Takes damage at the start of their turn equal to 2% max health for each stack of Anguish and gain offense equal to damage taken until the end of their turn. This character cannot be defeated by this damage.

(Special 1) Fervent Rush (zeta) (Cooldown 3)
    Dispel buffs from target enemy, deal physical damage to all enemies and inflict Offense down for 2 turns. This attack deals 5% more damage for each buff dispelled. Maul gains 2 stacks of Anguish (stacking, 5 max) if an enemy was defeated Maul gaines max stacks of Anguish.

(Special 2) Seething Rage (zeta) (Cooldown 0)
    Deal true damage to target enemy and inflict buff immunity for 2 turns, if Maul has 5 stacks of Anguish, increase targets cooldown by 2 (Excluding GL and Raid bosses.) Maul loses 1 stack of Anguish and takes a bonus turn. This attack can't be countered. Each time this ability is used, it deals 60% more damage on subsequent uses and increases by an additional 60% until Maul uses a different ability during his turn. This ability cannot be used if Maul doesn't have any stacks of Anguish.

(Leader) Usurper
    Mandalorian allies have +5% max health per Mando ally at the start of battle and +25% offense. At the start of battle, if Maul is in the leader slot and not the ally slot, Mandalorian's in the leader slot gain 1 stack of Mand'lor (max stacking 2) until they're defeated, which can't be copied, dispelled, or prevented. When an ally with Mand'lor is defeated, the character that defeated them gains 1 stack of Mad'lor. There can't be more 2 effects in battle. Mandalorian allies deal 20% more damage when targeting an enemy with Mand'lor. When there are 2 Mand'lor buffs on the ally side, Mandalorian allies deal 50% more damage during their turns.
    Mand'lor: Mandalorian allies assist dealing 50% less damage when an ally with this buff uses an ability. At the start of their turn, dispel all debuffs on the healthiest Mandalorian ally without Mand'lor, and that ally gains taunt and 100% defense until the end of that turn.
    Defeating this character will grant Mand'lor to the character that defeated them, if they're defeated by a status effect, Mand'lor will not be granted to anyone.
    (Unique) Bound by Hatred (zeta)
    Maul's attack are unavoidable, and he has +15% offense. At the start of battle, Maul gains Frenzy and retribution for 2 turns, and 3 stacks of Anguish (stacking, max 5), if there is an enemy Kenobi, Maul gains max stacks of Anguish. While Maul has 3 or more stacks of Anguish, he is immune to stun and ability block. When he has 5 stacks, he ignores taunt and is always critically hit by enemies.
  • Strong kit at first glance. Wonder how he will synergize with Lord Vader - beyond more Kenobi hate. Will make you think about how you play him: Mandos or under LV.
  • Strong kit at first glance. Wonder how he will synergize with Lord Vader - beyond more Kenobi hate. Will make you think about how you play him: Mandos or under LV.

It will be very interesting to see. I can't see what LV would add to make elevate him, like JMK elevates CAT. Maybe they will both have Anguish synergy?
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Crumb said in the interview that LV's ult charges when an ally takes damage.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    Crumb said in the interview that LV's ult charges when an ally takes damage.

Welp, that answers that! Thanks, I didn't have time to listen to it yet.
  • Thanks for posting. I hate having to trawl through videos for information.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    Well I know now I want death watch 😜
  • Thanks for posting. I hate having to trawl through videos for information.

No problem! I didn't really like watching them.
  • Interesting kit! Even though he's supposed to work with LV, I would really like to see him working with Mandalorians. The combination with Mand'lor buff on Maul + Seething Rage's back to back turns sound strong, though we still have to see how it reeally works.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    After seeing the new kit for Maul, what do all of you think of it? For those who haven’t watched the interview yet, I’ve added the kit below.

0yx0p8ggowdj.jpeg
    frdb9ukdaopp.jpeg
    lnf2zlen7s1s.jpeg
    33sdk1rn5qie.jpeg
    vutgtb5nryg6.jpeg
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Xcien wrote: »
    After seeing the new kit for Maul, what do all of you think of it? For those who haven’t watched the interview yet, I’ve added the kit below.

0yx0p8ggowdj.jpeg
    frdb9ukdaopp.jpeg
    lnf2zlen7s1s.jpeg
    33sdk1rn5qie.jpeg
    vutgtb5nryg6.jpeg

I see the threads have been merged. Well, enjoy the pictures of the kit.

• Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    But the new Maul seems pretty strong, and might be the boost the Mando faction needs to achieve greatness.

• Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Am I the only one completely confused by the leader ability?

Ok, after the sixth time reading it I finally get it. Some unnecessary wording in there, and paragraph breaks needed. Why do kits have to be so complicated?
  • Am I the only one completely confused by the leader ability?

Seems way over complicated in the way it is written. Only applies if maul is leader, why have "mandalorians in the leader slot" instead of "Maul".

Also, the condition of no more than 2 Mand'alor effects. Does that count stacks?

What if both sides have Maul lead? Fastest Maul gets it?
  • Nope.

I’m pretty sure the whole “only 2 instances of Mand’alor” is to account for Maul vs Maul matchups, or future Mandalorians that grant the same Mand’alor. The formatting is… not the best, but that’s what I gathered. Why they wrote that Maul grants the Mandalorian Leader Mand’alor if he’s in the Leader slot and not the ally slot, instead of just saying Maul gets Mand’alor…

I’m also wondering how the extra Offense from Anguish is calculated - is it 2% Offense per stack? Offense equal to damage taken? Something else?
  • Oh yeah, and "defeating this character will grant Mand'alor to the character that defeated them" is just after the text about giving taunt. Is it defeating the taunter, or defeating the Mand'alor? I guess taunter, as that gives a way to get Maul to 2 stacks?
  • Ohhhhhh. No I think Maul gives the enemy leader Mand’alor if they’re Mandalorian.
  • TargetEadu wrote: »
    Ohhhhhh. No I think Maul gives the enemy leader Mand’alor if they’re Mandalorian.

Oh yeah, that could be what that means!
  • So if both sides have Mand'alor, can either get a second stack to activate the mass assists by killing the taunter? Or is the max 2 instances stopping that from happening?

Ok, after the sixth time reading it I finally get it. Some unnecessary wording in there, and paragraph breaks needed. Why do kits have to be so complicated?

Could you explain the part about if Maul is in the leader spot then Mandalorians in the leader spot get Mand’alor? It seems like it would only apply if the other team has a Mandalorian leader. My guess, though, is that it’s meant to read “a Mandalorian with a leader ability.”

Could you explain the part about if Maul is in the leader spot then Mandalorians in the leader spot get Mand’alor? It seems like it would only apply if the other team has a Mandalorian leader. My guess, though, is that it’s meant to read “a Mandalorian with a leader ability.”

Maul’s a Mandalorian, so it gives him Mand’alor. It also probably gives it to an enemy (Mandalorian) leader.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    Am I the only one completely confused by the leader ability?

Maul’s a Mandalorian, so it gives him Mand’alor. It also probably gives it to an enemy (Mandalorian) leader.

That's correct,

If you are going against Bo-Katan, BAM, Armorer, or Jango Fett lead for example

Or any other non-lead mandalorians in leader slot, they would get the Manda'lor status too
  • Please fix firstly your last capital fleet ship.
    If i read the kit i am already afraid he will wipe vs jawas, not to even think about him vs see gaining tons of TM.

Maybe at some point you could actually test stuff - or get the yt'ers test your stuff for free again. I do not mind, mainly things are working for the paying customers in the end.
  • Akenno
    538 posts Member
    Why is Maul no Scoundrel?
    Do we get another Maul for that? :D
  • CG : we need to nerf every fun toons that ignore defense because we need tank to be more relevant in our bright future

2 days later

CG : Here is Maul. Ignore defense on basic.

****, we are clearly considered as milking cows
  • dgree
    520 posts Member
    "that much offense", in this case "that" referring to... ???
    :|
  • Mirkraag wrote: »
    CG : we need to nerf every fun toons that ignore defense because we need tank to be more relevant in our bright future

2 days later

Where does it say basic ignore defense?
  • dgree wrote: »

Based off the wording of the Dev Insight he gains the 10% of his Max Health as offense (With 5 stacks of Anguish)
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Mirkraag wrote: »
    CG : we need to nerf every fun toons that ignore defense because we need tank to be more relevant in our bright future

2 days later

Not basic but his 5 turns in a row, ramping damage special. But yeah, I noticed that as well, makes them even more of a joke than before. And the excuse that it can't crit so it doesn't count is laughable too, considering that the damage will be through the roof after a few uses even without the ability to crit.
  • dgree
    520 posts Member
    dgree wrote: »

Based off the wording of the Dev Insight he gains the 10% of his Max Health as offense (With 5 stacks of Anguish)
    So he gains offense based directly on the amount of health lost (not the percentage)