Gas Event Made Harder

JhonConners
5 posts Member
edited August 2021
In the interview, Crumb said they would look into making it so that Gas event would not be affected by his buffs. Yet if you go into journey guide right now, it's with the updated skyguy.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• The event is quite easier, I got it the first time with crap mods, only mods I changed was to put speed on ddk to get him over 212. I haven't touched my seps since I unlocked gas, and it took me 100+ tries then.

I'm quite jealous of you right now lol.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    edited August 2021
    i was struggling with my Seps last month with same mods a few times and couldn't win and then i tried again today after reading reports of it being easier

I won first try with the same mods i used last month with all 5 units standing without breaking a sweat
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    From my understanding it was tested with the changes and determined to be within the same level of difficulty.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    From my understanding it was tested with the changes and determined to be within the same level of difficulty.

CG also “tested” the Executor, and claimed it was this OP, be all end all ship.
    I don’t think I need to state how it worked out.
    Sorry, Kyno. I REALLY don’t believe CG tested it satisfactorily.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

By all means go play the event yourself.

Also, reality doesnt rely on your belief, thankfully.
  • Granolo
    213 posts Member
    edited August 2021

Stop crying, the event it's actually easier now.

I just tried it with the same team I beat it a year ago, same relic leves, but no mod swapping, no ideal speeds or turn order. And won after the 2nd attempt (last time it required about 30 with the ideal modding and higher speeds). It's so much easier now, as GAS hits for much less damage.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member

When the forums say something is harder, I am instantly skeptical.

When the forums say something is easier, I absolutely believe it.

It seems the devs completely missed the mark if they wanted it to be the same.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    TVF wrote: »

Sorry should have said similar, and not more difficult.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator

I recall they said they were going to make sure its not more difficult than it currently is because the community concern was that since GAS would recover +20% protection on 501st turn, the event is going to be more difficult than pre-nerfs
  • TVF wrote: »

Wait, you're complaining that the event is now easier or did i understood something the wrong way?

At least I'm happy the event is easier now, even if I already got GAS, just because I always thought the RNG was too high which made the event frustrating for everyone. I'm happy new players won't suffer as much the randomness of the event.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Granolo wrote: »

Wait, you're complaining that the event is now easier or did i understood something the wrong way?

At least I'm happy the event is easier now, even if I already got GAS, just because I always thought the RNG was too high which made the event frustrating for everyone. I'm happy new players won't suffer as much the randomness of the event.

I'm not complaining about anything lol. I have had GAS since he was released.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Has anyone else noticed phantom damage occurring? Like the bonus damage from echo for dodges but occurring EVERYTIME a clone attacks? Because it’s cost me a bunch of battles in this event when no toons are evading
  • Ally
    47 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    nvm