Jedi Master Luke needs some love [MERGE]

Replies

• papaofmom
    163 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Adamklark wrote: »
    and JMK has GR team which is not affected by the nerf

With that I disagree. JMK is hugely affected by "Jedi" GAS nerf. Actually without CAT JMK is basically worse than GAS 501st.

It feels like JML should be used as leader now to benefit from his "true damage". He actually has easier time now vs JMK with CAT because enemy GAS is more useless. SLKR also seems easier because JKL just murders tanks. On other hand Im not sure if hes able to beat SEE anymore.

That being said JML needs a buff to his leadership/ultimate charge. Little more % on ultimate charge would probably put him on par with other GLs now

Dont expect buffs from CG anyway. JML and SLKR are the most popular GLs so they don't focus on them (SLKR is stil being countered while Rey and SEE did receive some "scaling" buffs)
  • Whaleathon
    182 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    JML is garbage right now. Honestly that 100% mastery can be achieved by any GL including their team. They need to change his ultimate ability and add something to it.
  • SLKR + DR BSF Traya Wat destroys JML now.
  • Whaleathon wrote: »
    JML is garbage right now. Honestly that 100% mastery can be achieved by any GL including their team. They need to change his ultimate ability and add something to it.
    ^ That is my biggest issue right there. His ultimate is terrible, it takes far to long and to get to it you have to ignore your other toons abilities.

JML is a tank so I get that he doesn’t hit as hard as the other 4 GLs that are attackers…..but that is why I’m so frustrated that the GL that is a tank had his hitting power nerfed (GAS/JKL). In a 1v1 situation JML will lose every time against any of the 4 GLs.
  • Now you can use him like a good player used him before the nerfs and take advantage of his lead ability …. JML still beats JMK, SLKR and Rey comfortably
  • Now you can use him like a good player used him before the nerfs and take advantage of his lead ability …. JML still beats JMK, SLKR and Rey comfortably

have you tried it vs SEE btw?
  • I've been climbing in arena with my usual team just as easily as pre nerf. Albeit, I avoid JMK and SEE.
    Line-up: JKR lead, JML, JKL, GAS and CAT
  • Starslayer
    2413 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    papaofmom wrote: »
    Now you can use him like a good player used him before the nerfs and take advantage of his lead ability …. JML still beats JMK, SLKR and Rey comfortably

have you tried it vs SEE btw?

Never managed to beat see before as the very old dude was a built-in hard counter to the old dude. I know that some people did manage to beat granpa anyway thks to a specific line-up/modding (congrats for that !). From what you say, it doesn’t work so much anymore, so you’re back in the mud with us ^^ I feel for you, but it’s not an issue for most jml’s users if i had to guess.
    So far, Jml was a hard counter to Kylo, beat Rey without issues, was a reliable counter to Jmk and struggled a lot vs See. From what i read on the forum since the update, the only major change could be vs kylo; let’s see with more testing how it turns out.
  • papaofmom
    163 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Adamklark wrote: »
    jml vs JMK was a bit difficult before, even harder now. mirror match is pain in the b now. I haven't gone againts Rey yet tho.

That one I find strange - I and other guildmates found out that JML vs JMK is much easier now cause GAS under JMK is more useless than under JML. Not to mention vs JMK you don't want to use GAS anyway but GMY.

I think vs SLKR you might want to focus on buffing JKL so he destroys tanks in one shot (wasn't possible before) - that way you will have access to SLKR.

I feel like GAS is basically useless under JML now and we should look for someone else
  • Pretty sure without those two JML is dead in the water. JML for the most part hits like a wet noodle….just had a mirror match JML vs JML (JKR lead on both) and GAS managed a 37K strike with three armour shreds on JML….I invested in JML, so thanks a bunch CG….you suck.

Jkr lead is your issue. Try a jml lead using the special skill given by leadership. Ultimate is also helpful. Jml was supposed to be the ultimate jedi leader, i guess now it’s true ^^
  • Any reason GMY couldn't replace GAS in the JML squad?
  • AlexanderG wrote: »
    Any reason GMY couldn't replace GAS in the JML squad?

It will, I think its more of an issue that JML team is not as powerful as it used to be which is kinda "controversial" considering how much time you are investing into JML
  • AlexanderG wrote: »
    Why can't you just use JML, JKR, GAS, GMY, JKL as the squad? Or do you think Wat or HY should replace GAS now?
  • nottenst wrote: »
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    Why can't you just use JML, JKR, GAS, GMY, JKL as the squad? Or do you think Wat or HY should replace GAS now?

The most common line up for JML was either him as lead or JKR, GAS, JKL and H.Yoda. With the nerf to GAS, people are wondering whether to sub GAS out (it seems his best place now is as the lead for 501st) and bring in a different jedi in what was previously his spot..
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    If you were using JKR lead without Wat you were doing something very wrong.

I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TeoWilson
    1 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    I was farming JML for months and had enjoy time in the arena until yesterday nerfs. JML team is not like before anymore. Why nerfs? JKL and GAS was the 2 main damage dealers in JML team and now they hit like a weet noodle. JML team is ruined now. So please, cancel nerfs or buff team or I want all my crystals and gear back which I invested in JML team.
    Post edited by TeoWilson on
  • papaofmom
    163 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Im setting up for refund as well actually as all my spending were related to GAS, JKL and JML (not even kidding - ive literallly spent money only for gear/crystals to farm those characters)
  • TeoWilson wrote: »
    I was farming JML for months and had enjoy time in arena until yesterday nerfs. JML team is not like before anymore. Why nerfs? JKL and GAS was the 2 main damage dealers in JML team and now they hit like a weet noodle. JML team is ruined now. So please, cancel nerfs or buff team or I want refund of all crystals and gear which I invested in JML team.

JML squads with JKL and GAS are still holding their own in my Arena shard. Haven't seen a significant change of placement of JML teams. I rank between 55 and 85 in my arena and these spots are primarily JML and SKLR teams. Composition has yet to change as the same JML teams are still there in significant numbers. Also still see 15 or so JML teams in the top 50. GL Kenobi teams seem to be the big change at the top of my shard, but that was going on before the, "Nerf".

Given my experience, I am not buying that this nerf has been as significant as some are making it out to be. will have to wait and see as the dust settles.

• Following the recent changes, I think it's fair to say most of the points brought up in the OP are relevant. CG, can you comment on your intentions for JML?
  • rickertron wrote: »
    TeoWilson wrote: »
    I was farming JML for months and had enjoy time in arena until yesterday nerfs. JML team is not like before anymore. Why nerfs? JKL and GAS was the 2 main damage dealers in JML team and now they hit like a weet noodle. JML team is ruined now. So please, cancel nerfs or buff team or I want refund of all crystals and gear which I invested in JML team.

JML squads with JKL and GAS are still holding their own in my Arena shard. Haven't seen a significant change of placement of JML teams. I rank between 55 and 85 in my arena and these spots are primarily JML and SKLR teams. Composition has yet to change as the same JML teams are still there in significant numbers. Also still see 15 or so JML teams in the top 50. GL Kenobi teams seem to be the big change at the top of my shard, but that was going on before the, "Nerf".

Given my experience, I am not buying that this nerf has been as significant as some are making it out to be. will have to wait and see as the dust settles.
    rickertron wrote: »
    TeoWilson wrote: »

My rank in the squad arena with JML squad is still top 3.But it's not the same. JKL and GAS were so strong on offense and now they hit like a 50% less harder.
  • Raid
    35 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    He was the worse GL before but was aided by some super hard jedi team mates but now... Hes so trash without them.

I could go through the entire shard previously and beat ult kenobis though timeout was always an issue with kenbois team taking a million turns. Now the mirror is rough, slkr is rough, SEE was hard before but forget that, rey kills all the jedi pretty easy as you cant kill her fast enough.

Not a well thought out update
  • Don't have JML but i can say for sure that the team got nerfed by the Update. Just won 3 times in row with my SLKR, where before the Update i stood no chance against JML comps.