Why Maul ignore defense if you just removed this ability….

Jefferx
361 posts Member
edited August 2021
fuj2c208h4av.png
b0mf11yit5cd.png
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Power
    Creep
  • True damage can’t crit, they explained it somewhere else in the forum
  • True damage can’t crit but ignore defense. If true damage only can’t crit it’s a debuff by itself….
  • They already stated the problem was ignore defense + critical hits, as it allowed some characters to hit crazy damage with no way to mitigate it. True damage can't be mitigated but the damage would never be as high as critical hits ignoring defense.

Oh and btw there are many toons that already have true damage on their kits, I don't see you complaining about them. Stop crying for everything, it gets annoying.
  • Granolo wrote: »
    They already stated the problem was ignore defense + critical hits, as it allowed some characters to hit crazy damage with no way to mitigate it. True damage can't be mitigated but the damage would never be as high as critical hits ignoring defense.

Oh and btw there are many toons that already have true damage on their kits, I don't see you complaining about them. Stop crying for everything, it gets annoying.

Have you actually read Maul's kit?
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • Jefferx
    361 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Granolo wrote: »
    They already stated the problem was ignore defense + critical hits, as it allowed some characters to hit crazy damage with no way to mitigate it. True damage can't be mitigated but the damage would never be as high as critical hits ignoring defense.

Where I complained in my post ?
    Was asking a clear simple question only. BTW you give a good explanation. Thanks for that.
    You can close this post.

Stacking damage chain attack WILL lead to more ridiculous numbers than anything else. You can quote me on that when Maul comes out, if ever with these Conquest delays.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator

This.

From the top of my head:
    1. Arc Trooper turret has True Damage,
    2. Bad Batch has True Damage
    3. Droideka has True Damage
    4. HK47 has it too

Stacking damage chain attack WILL lead to more ridiculous numbers than anything else. You can quote me on that when Maul comes out, if ever with these Conquest delays.

Yes his stacking damage seems OP, but we still have to see how it works before complaining. And we already have a Conquest character that has turn 1 instakill, so having Maul doing high damage seems plausible, but we don't know yet how high and if he's going to break the game.

My point is, him having true damage doesn't go against what devs said about nerfing some characters with Ignore Defense, as those are differente mechanics, and True Damage has already been in the game for a long time.
  • marxuke
    163 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    If Maul would hit like a wet noodle like GAS is doing now, i would be surprised.

Yes his stacking damage seems OP, but we still have to see how it works before complaining. And we already have a Conquest character that has turn 1 instakill, so having Maul doing high damage seems plausible, but we don't know yet how high and if he's going to break the game.

My point is, him having true damage doesn't go against what devs said about nerfing some characters with Ignore Defense, as those are differente mechanics, and True Damage has already been in the game for a long time.

Can’t break a game that’s already broke. Even worse..those that haven’t gotten CAT haven’t been able to pursue her for almost 2 months. Artificial gating at its worst.
  • Ultra wrote: »

This.

From the top of my head:
    1. Arc Trooper turret has True Damage,
    2. Bad Batch has True Damage
    3. Droideka has True Damage
    4. HK47 has it too

CG added True Damage to JKL's basic in the same update they removed defense ignore from Jedi's Will.

Yet people seem weirdly fixated on them adding True Damage to Maul's kit as well.
  • Noodle dmg was added to both, gas and jkl
  • As I’ve said before, the problem isn’t Ignoring Defense, it’s massively Ignoring Defense. Characters like Darth Sideous and Canderous Ordo still can ignore Defense but nobody cares because they barely hit above 20k damage. JKL and GAS were clearing 80-100k.

Arc Trooper, Hunter, and JKL don’t do huge amounts of massive True damage, they just chip away at things little by little. HK and Droideka can do high damage, but only in very specific scenarios that aren’t 100% under player control. And on Cooldowns.

What makes Maul a problem is he’s got insane scaling on his ability that ignores defense, and doesn’t need anything special to set it up.
  • TargetEadu wrote: »
    What makes Maul a problem is he’s got insane scaling on his ability that ignores defense, and doesn’t need anything special to set it up.

Which is why Seething Rage has an incredibly low ability modifier at PD X 0.6.

We haven't even had a chance to use the character yet. It's too early to say what kind of damage he's going to do.
  • Ripperpa wrote: »
    Noodle dmg was added to both, gas and jkl

They were inherited teachings from Darth "Noodle" Sidious.
  • Jefferx wrote: »

Where I complained in my post ?
    Was asking a clear simple question only. BTW you give a good explanation. Thanks for that.
    You can close this post.

I am with you here. I also realized this when they released Maul's kit. But I didn't know True Damage can't critically hit.

There's literally nothing to add to this post. Yet people will call us out and say we are complaining