24 posts Member
edited August 2021
How and why?
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    If it's Han it's because he's faster than your Han. If it's a team that has been attacked before it's because they have pre-loaded turn meter.

Not enough data to give feedback.
  • so how do you find this "pre laoded" turn meter, when its an event and you can't see the details? and no, any battle ive been in a han has never shot a han before me, however I understand how that could work and don't disgree.
  • You don’t find preloaded meter. It’s simply there coded into those events…
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Can you give more context

What team did you use, vs what other team did you go up against?
  • Probably the current Galactic Challenge which features Rebel opponents including Han.

If so, it may be worth noting that my 275 speed Han is fast enough to always get the first shot even in Tier 10.
  • Ontourallday_nz
    24 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    I'm talking about teams I vs. in Squads.

I've given up on Glaticic challenges after cpu teams deside to "counter attack" without even being attacked, I've contacted SWGOH and EA about this directly and they have said I made it, lol why would I make up such a thing.

CPU games are known for taking mulit turns, then I get told "record it and upload to youtube" why so you can also say I'm lying? I'm kinda done with this game. You contact the help section and all they do is cut off your chat and don't answer the questions. I was then directed to head this websites forums, only to be told I would get blocked. so it all seems like a scheme to sap money from me, which they've failed.

When you spend 1 soild year of free time grinding to get JKLS to only have him 1 shot killed, its clearly obvious in the same battle when an unzetaed unreclied cpu takes 7 shots at you, the game engine is bogus. JKLS has 80k health and 77k protection, how does an unzeted unreclied gold lvl char generate enough power to 1 shot kill that? or do it in two turns?

Post edited by Kyno on
  • Kelarn
    161 posts Member
    I have no idea which game modes you're talking about here.. You appear to have a lot of issues that no one else is experiencing, and seem unwilling to provide specific details about what is happening and the characters involved.

It's ok to get frustrated and look to vent on a forum, but if you want explanations or help, you really need to be more detailed with your scenarios so that people can offer their insights.
  • What are you asking for then? you asked which teams am I going against, I said its in squads it could be anything. I don't write down or panic about every single battle I take on, holy cow who in their right mind would do that, oh what some probably do.

So people are saying games are programmed to do this? so your saying games are programmed to one or two shot kill marquee chars then? and if you spend money to get them fast, what are you acheiving? other than having them one shot killed faster lol ok then.

Every single time I post something on here or ask for help in the game, every one says "your making it up you should video it".

Yawn, may as well just delete the game then. Its very odd how cpu less powered and less built up chars seem to knock off my excellent teams after modding them up just as a lot of instuctional videos suggest. I seriously swear about a year ago, this game was much more user friendly. Its just got out of hand now.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Its not that difficult to list the squad you went against, so that we can figure out why Han didn't attack first because there are some toon abilities that in the opposing team that might give us the answer to your question
  • The only time I recall seeing this was during the Smuggler's Run if Han gets the last kill on wave 2, and Crumb has said this is WAI.
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    If you're talking about the current Galactic Challenge, yes, Rebels in that event have a modifier that gives them a chance for extra attacks every time they crit.

One reason for videos is that it's easy for people to see what you are talking about, so they can explain what's going on to answer your questions.

Out of curiosity, how are your mods? There are a lot of mod guides out there that can help. One issue I would see with paying to get characters fast is that you may not be allowing yourself time to get good mods if you are a newer player.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    He said he has JKL, how new could he be.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • By “in squads,” I assume mean Squad Arena. I’ve never experienced my Han not shooting first in arena, unless it’s against another Han because there’s a coin flip.

In Smuggler’s Run, if Han’s TM going into the last battle isn’t high enough, he won’t get the first shot. That’s how the battle is programmed.

Anywhere else is a mystery since you haven’t listed any specifics about them. The reason we always ask for these specifics is because when something like this happens, it’s USUALLY a misunderstanding of a kit or misunderstanding an event modifier.

We aren’t saying you’re making it up. We’re saying we can (try to) help you, but we need more information in order to do so.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    By “in squads,” I assume mean Squad Arena. I’ve never experienced my Han not shooting first in arena, unless it’s against another Han because there’s a coin flip.

They changed that a while ago. Now fastest Han goes first.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    By “in squads,” I assume mean Squad Arena. I’ve never experienced my Han not shooting first in arena, unless it’s against another Han because there’s a coin flip.

They changed that a while ago. Now fastest Han goes first.

Oh. Well, either way. Never seen anybody but a Han shoot first in squad arena if there’s a Han in play.
  • Do you have any videos of the issues you claim to be experiencing?

Like I said before, I'm a casual gamer that has just joined the forum "hence the new" comment, not new to the game.

Where are you suppose to video your game and upload where for whom to be nose at?

I get its an open question that requires "who did you battle". I'm not saying its wrong, what I'm saying is, by the time you upload a battle to what youtube, what is the point?

EA Help in game is useless "thanks for your feedback" cut off, "we answered your question" cut off (I guess saying you answered your question is an answer now? the actual f).

In the sconderals special event on the last level with Dir K, every second time I battle the highest level, Dir K always takes a shot first, but only the second time you run the event, happens every time.

I've also had cpu chars jump ahead of when CLS does his clearing speical which is suppose to give you a second turn.

I just don't understand the speed / turn meter laws in this game. You'd think if its Han Shoots first, then it would apply every single time, unless you faced a Han Solo of great capacity.

Again if its on the CPU special events, you never see their details so how do you know its not just rigged.
  • Other people have raised the Dir. Krennic issue before and the devs confirmed that it’s working as intended.

As for the CLS thing, I have seen that on occasion - there are 2 possible reasons I think…

1) he reached 100% turn meter at exactly the same time as someone else, won the coin flip, but when he used that special move to reach 100% turn meter again, the other toon won the next coin flip.

2) you are fighting against characters that prevent Turn meter gain
  • Other people have raised the Dir. Krennic issue before and the devs confirmed that it’s working as intended.

As for the CLS thing, I have seen that on occasion - there are 2 possible reasons I think…

1) he reached 100% turn meter at exactly the same time as someone else, won the coin flip, but when he used that special move to reach 100% turn meter again, the other toon won the next coin flip.

thanks
  • There is a dev post about how bonus turns and turn meter work.

Search for turn meter and look for a post by crumb or doja.
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    Other people have raised the Dir. Krennic issue before and the devs confirmed that it’s working as intended.

There would only be a coin flip if they both reached 100% tm the first time by speed alone. With the new oberflow mechanics, if they reached by tm gain, CLS will now always go second after that move because he's 100% + 0 and the other one has overflow.
  • Again if its on the CPU special events, you never see their details so how do you know its not just rigged.

To be blunt, no part of the game is genuinely “rigged.” Many parts are over-tuned (sometimes you the extreme) to make it seem so, but there’s a large strategy element to those fights. You can’t brute force everything in the game.