Jedi Master Luke needs some love [MERGE]

Replies

• TVF wrote: »
    If you were using JKR lead without Wat you were doing something very wrong.

For offense it worked extremely well vs all the JML variants (Bastila lead, JML lead, JKR lead w/Wat). Still works, but Bastila is a slog now.

JML lead is still the way to go vs JMK. No issues climbing through JMK/CAT teams with GAS and JKL as part of the squad either.

I haven't tried my Jedi counter to SEE yet (not Bastila), so that may be an issue. JML and JKL are the stars of that squad though, so maybe it'll be ok.
  • Naver666 wrote: »
    Don't have JML but i can say for sure that the team got nerfed by the Update. Just won 3 times in row with my SLKR, where before the Update i stood no chance against JML comps.

Hmm wish i could say the same with my SKLR team. I fought five matches against JML teams with GAS and won one of them. which is about the same as before. Its anecdotal evidence, But I have yet to observe a significant change in performance as being touted in the forums. To be clear I am only saying i have yet to observe a significant change, not arguing there has been no change.
  • Naver666 wrote: »
    Don't have JML but i can say for sure that the team got nerfed by the Update. Just won 3 times in row with my SLKR, where before the Update i stood no chance against JML comps.

Which line up vs which line up ?
  • Alexandros21
    35 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Adamklark wrote: »
    Now you can use him like a good player used him before the nerfs and take advantage of his lead ability …. JML still beats JMK, SLKR and Rey comfortably

have you actually tried to use jml now?

Yeah he is my arena team…. I can’t comment on whether he beats SEE as I usually fight SEE with SLKR, but I can comfortably beat all other GLs still. You never needed GAS and JKL to beat SLKR and Rey. As far as JMK, it’s actually a bit easier now due to GAS hitting like a wet noodle

• Alexandros21
    35 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Maybe with Rey - JKL was a bit more impactful I’ll give you that, so JML struggles a bit more, but plug in KAM in there and you fix the problem

I am not trying to say JML didn’t lose viability overall, but I think people are going bananas a bit too much
  • Maybe with Rey - JKL was a bit more impactful I’ll give you that, so JML struggles a bit more, but plug in KAM in there and you fix the problem

I am not trying to say JML didn’t lose viability overall, but I think people are going bananas a bit too much

Oh, okay. I'll just plug in one of the most exclusive characters in the game for a GL that already is super expensive in terms of characters used on his team (JKR, JKL, JML). Easy, right?

More seriously, every other GL beats all other GLs. You should try JML vs a good SEE team. Not to mention, he's still beaten by the same off-meta counters as he was before (easier in many cases).

Is there any reason you think JML should be worse?
  • Starslayer wrote: »
    Naver666 wrote: »

Which line up vs which line up ?

SLKR (ULT R7), KRU, ST, Hux, Officer vs. JML, JKL, JKR, GAS, HYoda.
    Fought same guy two times, one with similar Lineup..used AoE whenever possible, went Ult asap.
    Well lost once to same guy i Beat before and to a JKR lead JML in the meantime. So probably not reliable.
    Just wanted to point out that even not having JML, i think he's significant weaker than before.
  • I have been better Vs JML. GAS barely touches anyone now. JKL still hits hard and is the damage, but not previous insanity damage.

But I have still not beaten any JML team with my SLKR FO. Ever, not just since changes.
  • Alexandros21
    35 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Maybe with Rey - JKL was a bit more impactful I’ll give you that, so JML struggles a bit more, but plug in KAM in there and you fix the problem

Oh, okay. I'll just plug in one of the most exclusive characters in the game for a GL that already is super expensive in terms of characters used on his team (JKR, JKL, JML). Easy, right?

More seriously, every other GL beats all other GLs. You should try JML vs a good SEE team. Not to mention, he's still beaten by the same off-meta counters as he was before (easier in many cases).

Is there any reason you think JML should be worse?

I didn’t recommend the team you are referring to (JKR, JKL) to beat Rey lol… the discussion was about him being “dead in the water” which he is not … if he is beaten by off-meta counters don’t put him on defense ….

I don’t think he is the best PVP GL (or first GL to get) but him losing to SEE has had 0 impact on my PVP experience

• Agreed. I only have JML at the moment and climbing in squad arena the past two days was much harder, and honestly sad. There was no damage output on the team because of the nerfs so JML feels more useless than he already did seeing as he required an entire good team around him. SEE got buffed with TM and the counters got nerfed, SLKR got an update to his AI (on top of former buffs) and counters nerfed, Ray got a buff and counters nerfed, JMK got counters nerfed, JML didn’t get and buffs but got the team he needed nerfed making it hard to argue that there is a GL worse than him.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    JML lead special makes damage irrelevant
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
    JML lead special makes damage irrelevant

What do you mean his lead makes damage irrelevant? Are you referring to his +30% offense for Jedi? Because that's almost the same amount of offense you get from JKR's lead, and he's not even a GL. On top of that, a Revan lead gives +35% damage when attacking our of turn. Why are my Jedi hitting harder with Revan than with a Jedi GL?

Or are you referring to the inherited teachings ability? There's a 90% damage reduction and then you deal 60% of Luke's max health. That's decent damage, but not compared to how hard GAS and JKL used to hit. Maybe if they took away that damage reduction (90% is downright laughable and insulting).

As is, JML and his entire squad hits like a wet noodle. Mirror matches are a nightmare now and a lesson in tedium. They consistently take me almost the full five minutes now and they're not fun at all (I used to enjoy mirror matches until this nerf). Reminds me of the old JKR meta, with those mirror Revan marches taking forever.

I'm still able to beat SLKR somewhat consistently, but sometimes I'm unable to do enough damage to take him out before he reaches his ult and then it can be a crapshoot. SEE is now impossible (at least before there was a chance with good RNG). JMK seems impossible now (although TBF only went up against him once), and haven't yet hit Rey in my arena shard but I imagine she's unbeatable now too
  • So in the process of making sure F2P couldn’t compete against whales and krakens, you all actually nerfed a GL….doh! My JML team can usually cruise through SLKR teams but that’s not the case anymore. You see, JML is a terrible GL without a supporting cast. So by nerfing the two that actually make him worth anything, you’ve made him the weakest GL. So please tell me devs….why should I spend anymore cash on obtaining GLs when you could nerf them at any moment? What’s the point? Months of farming, relic’ing for what? For JML, not only did I have to farm and relic for his requirements but also for JKL at the time. Now you’ve nerfed both. That was easily a half of a year of work only to be nerfed because you all felt your GLs weren’t getting enough cash from the player base. I don’t know anyone who has chosen to not pursue GLs because of a few counters they can use. So tell us…what was the point of this grand nerf? What is it actually accomplishing for anyone?
  • Close_shave
    8 posts Member
    edited August 2021

I didn’t recommend the team you are referring to (JKR, JKL) to beat Rey lol… the discussion was about him being “dead in the water” which he is not … if he is beaten by off-meta counters don’t put him on defense ….

You didn't, but factually he needs JKL at the very least to beat any other GL. Generally JKR too, with maybe the exception of SEE.

Who said anything about putting him on defense? The game is more than TW and GAC, you know. Arena is where this matters the most.

I don’t think he is the best PVP GL (or first GL to get) but him losing to SEE has had 0 impact on my PVP experience

Well yeah, like you said you have another GL and KAM. For those of us with only JML, we now have less teams we can climb against and the same/more teams can drop us compared to before. I'm glad you're in a more advanced place in the game, but not everyone is. If your answer is "well get another GL/KAM", that's not helpful and also not the point of this thread. Objectively, JML was nerfed as collateral damage from the JKL/GAS nerfs, and unlike all other GL s he didn't get anything in return.
  • Whaleathon
    182 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Ever since this nerf JML is the worst GL. In fact he’s more of a epic confrontation character. After GAS and JKL nerf I can’t beat anyone with him. There’s absolutely no damage on this team and I feel I wasted months and months of my time for a stupid decision. I want him reset to where he’s locked and I want all the gear and zetas back. He is an absolutely useless character.
  • I'm sorry but JML needs a buff now. Who can be beat? By far the worst GL and he can't even ulrimate if he is not in the lead. CG this GL is no better than a legendary unless be gets a little love like SLKR got when Rey was spanking him.
  • I still use JML to climb to 1st everyday. I can still beat JMK/CAT teams reliably.

I mean, sure I'll take a buff to make him stronger but calling him "no better than a lengendary" is pretty dumb.
  • What team do you use to beat jmk/cat ? Jml lead or revan? Do you use wat or hoda
  • JML can't beat any GL reliably right now. His kit is too specific and he has to be the leader while other GL's don't.

Not trying to start a ruckus but with these specific nerfs and with JML specificity he needs help otherwise no one should try for him unless it is their last GL. Every other GL is better by a mile
  • Dta151 wrote: »
    What team do you use to beat jmk/cat ? Jml lead or revan? Do you use wat or hoda

I have used both JML, JKL, GAS, JKR, HODA & JML, JKL, GAS, JKR, CAT.
    Other people have had success using JML, JKL, JKR, GMY, Jolee. But my Jolee is under-developed.
    Nasdadjr wrote: »
    JML can't beat any GL reliably right now.

I have JML as my only GL, and just said I am beating 4/5 GLs reliably. SEE is a pain and it's not worth the hassle.
    Nasdadjr wrote: »
    His kit is too specific and he has to be the leader while other GL's don't.

I'd argue that you the other 4 GLs "have" to be leader more often than JML. JKL lead JML still works against everything below GLs and will always be one of the most consistent LSTB teams.

The biggest downside with JML is the one he's always had, he's the only GL that isn't an attacker so can't solo teams like they can.
  • I’ve noticed that it takes longer for JML to win vs JMK/CAT, but it seems at least as reliable as before the nerfs. Which is +90% as long as you are no more than 9 speed base slower.
    I haven’t had any issues vs SLKR either.
    I meet very few Rey teams, but there I imagine he might struggle as GAS can no longer reduce Rey health.
    SEE was never really great to go against with JML.

I have the 4 old GLs and JML is still my preferred team for the daily climb, with some kylo assistance vs SEE.
    He do not really need a buff.
  • JML can definitely beat JMK + CAT, can beat JML mirror, can beat Rey and can beat SLKR.

To my knowledge there is no reliable way to beat SEE, and I find that a bit frustrating.
    He does not need a buff, but he could use one indeed. There are 3 aspects where I think JML is disgraceful, one of them is the 1v1 GL scenarios where he is most likely to lose against anyone, and his ulti. I honestly think that there is nothing that you can only accomplish with his ulti and are unable to accomplish without it. And I also dislike how JML got not additional protection against drevan, which was reliable before the nerfs and is even stronger now. Drevan is lower investment than GAS, and SLKR was buffed against gas based on investment arguments.

These points are truly concerning, but when it comes to JML as team on offense, he is doing quite okay.
  • JML should be buffed to compensate for changes related to JKL and GAS. There's a lot of people that went GAS -> JKL -> JML route to make sure their team is complete and strong. With changes, this is no longer a case and people are being punished for going that route.

• I didn’t recommend the team you are referring to (JKR, JKL) to beat Rey lol… the discussion was about him being “dead in the water” which he is not … if he is beaten by off-meta counters don’t put him on defense ….

You didn't, but factually he needs JKL at the very least to beat any other GL. Generally JKR too, with maybe the exception of SEE.

Who said anything about putting him on defense? The game is more than TW and GAC, you know. Arena is where this matters the most.

Well yeah, like you said you have another GL and KAM. For those of us with only JML, we now have less teams we can climb against and the same/more teams can drop us compared to before. I'm glad you're in a more advanced place in the game, but not everyone is. If your answer is "well get another GL/KAM", that's not helpful and also not the point of this thread. Objectively, JML was nerfed as collateral damage from the JKL/GAS nerfs, and unlike all other GL s he didn't get anything in return.

I don’t agree with the he needs JKL and JKR to beat EVERY GL comment (you can beat SLKR without JKR and JKL in the team for instance).

I feel like your comment was geared towards other PVP modes but if arena is the issue - it shouldn’t, JML can climb to first post nerf (still beats the meta and you can just avoid SEE if it is actually impossible to beat now)
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Dude who I shard po with is still using JML to get his spot (1 or 2) and going through JMK to do it....so he must be fine.
    Dude who I shard po with is still using JML to get his spot (1 or 2) and going through JMK to do it....so he must be fine.

Thats because JMK team was nerfed as well (if not harder cause under JML GAS damage matter less than under JMK)
  • Raid
    35 posts Member
    Since the changes ive gone from being able to climb to 1st, being able to beat almost every other team to some extent to doing sweet FA.

The easiest match was slkr, 2min and done, thats now 3+ and the chance of loss is much much higher. I'm not complaining about that one, was a bit of a joke on offence tbf.

Really struggling in the mirror, beating the opposing JML is really hard when your team has no damage output.

Really struggling with rey (previously easy), cant make enough progress against any of her team before shes used whirlwind several times and killed all of mine.

SEE was always hard but I found a JKL lead combo that worked. unwinnable now.

JMK it was a struggle to not timeout before, now with no damage its no chance

JML is so trash. hes so different to all the other GLs in lead, ultimate, abilities, etc. they are attackers that do tank things like immunity, he is a tank that only taunts on wednesdays when its raining and has tank level damage output.
  • A food chunk of players are saying that JML can still beat Kylo, Rey and Jml, as he did pre-nerf. If those who can’t do it now would just post their line up and modding, those who have success would gladly help them if i had to guess.
  • I'm still climbing to 1st, thanks for the advice. However, where previously JML could climb through JMK without outpseeding and could beat SEE, now the JMK matchup is a huge pain if you aren't faster and a proper Sith SEE is pretty impossible. I climb against a faster JMK every day, I know how much of a pain the fight is now compared to pre-changes.

Also, please don't ignore the whole point of this post - that JML is weaker than before, and that he's the only GL that wasn't compensated for the changes. If you think JMK is nerfed you haven't seen a JMK/C-3PO comp. Works better than GAS anyway and the nerfs don't affect it at all. SEE is better, Rey is better, SLKR is (slightly) better. JML is worse, as evidenced by people explaining I should avoid SEE.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Starslayer wrote: »
    A food chunk of players

Now you're just trying to make me hungry.