Please roll back the Executor Vader's Bounty buff

Straegen
194 posts Member
edited August 2021
The Breach of Protocols buff was more than sufficient to fix the low star Executor beating the 7*. The Vader's Bounty buff made the best offensive fleet near unbeatable by most players when on defense. Please restore some meta balance to the Executor. It is already causing strife in fleet arenas and GAC contests.

Replies

• Devian
    669 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    That's the point.
    No other fleet should beat Executioner.
    While trying, you should feel hatred, depression and desire to do self-harm or destroy the device you are playing at and see no solution.
    Only those who have it should climb the top.

Why do you think, Hound's Tooth is a legendary ship for such a long time? Because it is the ship designed to make ppl frustration of unablng to beat it
  • As much as I agree with your sentiment, the buffs were designed to make the Executor unbeatable. If it was still possible to win, then CG would be liars when they said it was going to be the ultimate ship.
  • It was already the ultimate ship able to beat every other fleet often without even needing a call in. It was also a tough fight on defense with the Breach of Protocols buff. What it didn't need was to be nigh unbeatable on defense particularly in GAC.
  • You clearly didn’t read the Developer’s insight regarding the Executor. It’s now working as CG has intended: to be a nigh unbeatable fleet
  • Straegen
    194 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    I did read the Developer's Insight "clearly" or not. Nothing in the Developer's Insight said the ship should be unbeatable by all other fleets outside of great RNG. Oh and yes I do have a 7* Executor.

This is a collector game but it is also a strategy game. Currently the only Executor strategy is pray for RNG in a game mode that most players don't even like. Without the Breach of Protocols it is the best ship in the fleet by a large margin and a monster on defense. With the Breach of Protocols buff, it simply is absurdly unbalancing in the competitive game modes.
  • The devs have said the Executor is meant to hear unbearable… that’s why it’s received the buff it did to make it so since the initial release revealed that the Executor wasn’t living up to CG’s promise.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    You clearly didn’t read the Developer’s insight regarding the Executor. It’s now working as CG has intended: to be a nigh unbeatable fleet

Correct. And since Executor mirror matches can get dicey, I haven't had a full clear in GAC since it was available (both me and my opponent have always set them on defense - and they hold). Great job CG. You have once again made fleet strategy in GAC completely irrelevant (if you have Executor).
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Unfortunately even if people dislike the buffs that have made the Executor really difficult to defeat in any game mode, it’s not likely that anything will be changed for now. That is, until CG decides to create another ship that can counter it
  • Devian
    669 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Unfortunately even if people dislike the buffs that have made the Executor really difficult to defeat in any game mode,
    nearly impossible you wanted to say. 5-10% chance is not JUST difficult =)
    Before buff, it was as hard as Chimera when it was introduced. After it's the strongest meta in entire history of swgoh both at fleet and Arena.

it's a bit sad that investing in other fleets other than Malevolence(for GA) is meaningless