Jedi Master Luke needs some love [MERGE]

124Next

Replies

• I'm still climbing to 1st, thanks for the advice. However, where previously JML could climb through JMK without outpseeding and could beat SEE, now the JMK matchup is a huge pain if you aren't faster and a proper Sith SEE is pretty impossible. I climb against a faster JMK every day, I know how much of a pain the fight is now compared to pre-changes.

Also, please don't ignore the whole point of this post - that JML is weaker than before, and that he's the only GL that wasn't compensated for the changes. If you think JMK is nerfed you haven't seen a JMK/C-3PO comp. Works better than GAS anyway and the nerfs don't affect it at all. SEE is better, Rey is better, SLKR is (slightly) better. JML is worse, as evidenced by people explaining I should avoid SEE.

I left see out of my list on purpose, because there seems to be a consensus that see is now a true hard counter (it was a hard counter before even if some players had the skill to beat it anyway). I never said jml wasn’t worse, because he is as long as he can’t beat a team that was beatable before, which seems to be the case. But if you re-read the thread, you’ll see a food truck of people saying they can’t beat other GLs anymore, not only see, while others (as you just did, actually) said they can still do it (even if it’s harder against faster jmk as you established). I just think it would be constructive if one group could explain the other how to do it.
  • DarkenedStarVeni
    3 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    With nerfs to GAS and JKL (which are essentially required to make JML viable against other GLs) i find myself dropping a lot more in arena than I used to. Am I the only one that this is happening to? If anyone has a solution to a better composition please let me know. Im really disappointed with how much these nerfs are affecting JML.
  • With nerfs to GAS and JKL (which are essentially required to make JML viable against other GLs) i find myself dropping a lot more in arena than I used to. Am I the only one that this is happening to? If anyone has a solution to a better composition please let me know. Im really disappointed with how much these nerfs are affecting JML.

The same here. I have better luck with Rey right now than w JML. I have seen some people using Yoda instead of GAS or JKL, but they also drop quite quickly.
  • It’s likely just GAS…. I have JMK and do fine on offense but drop like a dumbbell in a pool on defense. I even did a couple matches on auto and can’t win. But when I play it’s no problem beating the same team. They also changed AI so it’s possible they coded it this way? Who knows anymore.
  • At least it’s not surprising. They just keep failing us and failing us.
  • Yeah, these changes were supposedly to make it harder to counter GLs with non-GL teams but they caused major changes to GL vs. GL match-ups that no one over there apparently considered. Taking away so much damage from GAS and JKL makes JML significantly weaker in GL match-ups.
  • Starslayer wrote: »
    I'm still climbing to 1st, thanks for the advice. However, where previously JML could climb through JMK without outpseeding and could beat SEE, now the JMK matchup is a huge pain if you aren't faster and a proper Sith SEE is pretty impossible. I climb against a faster JMK every day, I know how much of a pain the fight is now compared to pre-changes.

Also, please don't ignore the whole point of this post - that JML is weaker than before, and that he's the only GL that wasn't compensated for the changes. If you think JMK is nerfed you haven't seen a JMK/C-3PO comp. Works better than GAS anyway and the nerfs don't affect it at all. SEE is better, Rey is better, SLKR is (slightly) better. JML is worse, as evidenced by people explaining I should avoid SEE.

I left see out of my list on purpose, because there seems to be a consensus that see is now a true hard counter (it was a hard counter before even if some players had the skill to beat it anyway). I never said jml wasn’t worse, because he is as long as he can’t beat a team that was beatable before, which seems to be the case. But if you re-read the thread, you’ll see a food truck of people saying they can’t beat other GLs anymore, not only see, while others (as you just did, actually) said they can still do it (even if it’s harder against faster jmk as you established). I just think it would be constructive if one group could explain the other how to do it.

Sorry, I didn't respond to you specifically, more to people who keep using this thread to explain how JML isn't nerfed because they have other tools.

I'm happy to help with beating any non-SEE GLs, although I don't think this is the place for it. However, here is what a typical fight against a faster JMK/CAT looks like (I do this every day). It's long and unforgiving. I'm not exaggerating when I say a single mistake will probably lead to a timeout or loss.

JML is also the only GL who can't beat all GLs, and that in and of itself is enough to warrant him being buffed.

• I dont JML should be able to beat all GLs but he should be buffed somehow to compensate owners of the Luke. People went for him with certain expectations of the team and now that team is much weaker
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Come on you guys act like they didn't think about how GAS and JKL interact with JML.

In related news, they also checked for conquest bugs.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Maybe r9 is so crazy for JML that it gives him over 1 million combined hit points and survivability. Doubt it, but since they seem to hate JML the most of all GLs, what else can I hope for?

All GLs got a buff recently, where JML has had nothing but nerfs with the major exception of gas not trivializing his defense. (Except for when gas/KAM lands armor shred...)

Besides this point, JML is the only GL to not have stacking mastery in his kit and is the only GL with lower mastery gains at each relic level. (R8 other GLs have 75 mastery while JML has 60 mastery.) I understand why he doesn't have stacking mastery because he would just continue to gain broken levels of defense, crit avoidance, and protection, as well as him having doubled mastery at the start of the battle. But this also gives JML a lower power ceiling to all the other GLs, and I feel he should be able to at least help his allies stack mastery past double (since other GLs will easily get above double mastery)

Would be nice to improve his shelf life, because all the other GLs got that.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Come on you guys act like they didn't think about how GAS and JKL interact with JML.

Don’t forget that they tested Executor as well.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Xcien wrote: »

And gave us the right shards in GCs, at the correct amounts.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Xcien wrote: »

Isn’t CG so great at keeping their player base happy?

• Xcien
    2436 posts Member

In an alternate universe.

• TVF
    36518 posts Member

Are you quoting yourself?
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member

Are you quoting yourself?

Yes.
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator

You forgot to switch to your AhnaldisGOAT account before quoting yourself back.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    crzydroid wrote: »

You forgot to switch to your AhnaldisGOAT account before quoting yourself back.

Good one.

• I guess this topic is pointless since CG doesn't see an issue with the fact that they have nerfed the JML squad. I guess most people already spent money/time on this GL so no need to make adjustments
  • With CG saying r9 is going to make tanks a lot more valuable I wonder if this means a big boost to JML as the only tank GL
  • With CG saying r9 is going to make tanks a lot more valuable I wonder if this means a big boost to JML as the only tank GL

Unless it gives like huge amount of Protection I don't see how it might help - the issue with JML team isnt that hes not durable but the fact that he can timeout on attack
  • Well, you have to say that jml is the mvp of conquest; about every ‘kill x units with y’ feats can be done with poorly geared ls units thx to his leadership.
  • papaofmom
    163 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Starslayer wrote: »
    Well, you have to say that jml is the mvp of conquest; about every ‘kill x units with y’ feats can be done with poorly geared ls units thx to his leadership.

Yeah thats actually really nice but sad at the same time that there's so little advantages and one of them is "hes good for some feats in conquest". How mighty have fallen