Sound Issue

sille
7 posts Member
edited September 2021
Brought this up on the bugs, and I see two or three posts a day about it. If you have it you know what I mean where the game blocks all external sound. So lets comment here enough to actually make this something they focus on and fix.
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Same, does this to audible even while controlling it though android auto on head unit.
  • It's kind of a feature. Helps limit my time in-game by preventing me from playing if I'm listening to something.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    It doesn’t really affect me, but it should still be fixed. However, CG seems to be too busy messing up Conquest and nerfing characters to do anything about it.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • It isn't just background audio apps that are impacted!

Audio - background audio apps, audible, Spotify etc just won't play when game is running
    Video - if you try and screen record the game quits (hmm means I can't capture the bug)
    Phone - if someone calls when the game is running the game quits

If you are in a battle (TW/GAC/Arena) and someone calls you (or you wanted to grab video), it crashes the game battle over loss recorded.

@CG_SBCrumb_MINI
    This is the Way
  • Yea this broke a few updates ago, and they seem to not care. Add another to the 5 year old QOL pile.
  • Zumwan
    354 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    @Natetiffer I think the issue of the game quitting (when someone calls you or you open another app) also depends on the actual phone, the phone's memory and how they handle background tasks. It is quite annoying, but I've had to ignore several calls because I know the game will crash if I answer them. I have a Motorola One Zoom.
    However, I've seen some I-phone 12 users reopen the game with no issues after hours of inactivity and after opening other apps.
    Definitely annoying, but I don't know if it's the game's fault.

The sound issue, though, is probably on a whole other boat.
  • It never use to happen but you have a fair point! I just have lumped all 3 things in the same boat, but maybe there's more than one boat ;-)

thanks @Zumwan
    This is the Way
  • @Zumwan or I could buy the Asus ROG Phone 5s which has Game Genie "Game Genie is one of the most advanced gaming enhancement app in smartphones"

I also remember playing SWGOH whilst on the phone on more than one occasion (don't tell the wife) so there's definitely a new bug! But I know phones are complicated machines...
    This is the Way
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Your topic has been moved to the Bugs and Issues Archive. For better assistance and functionality, please report your bug over at Answers HQ.

You’ll be able to find direct links to all the existing SWGOH forum boards on Answers HQ so you can easily navigate between both forums.

Please visit the Answers HQ forums by clicking the link below!
    <<Answers HQ>>