Sector 5 inflict death mark isn’t working

Prev134567
MaricSkywalker
170 posts Member
edited September 2021
Sent dr jnto padme. Inflicted death mark twice on padme. Ended up barely winning the battle (1 star) checked feats and no credit.

Did it again to try and record and lost, inflicted death mark and not sure if that’s one where you have to win? But it doesn’t say anything about winning just inflict. I landed two in first match and one in second. Feat is still 0/10.

Ally code 866-148-699 if you want to check my logs. Just ran at 12:45 pm est. :(
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    It’s not a bug, with DR lead the enemy unit inflicts deathmark on himself

So you aren’t the one inflicting it
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    This is similar to DoTs not counting for death.

DR "is not applying it" the enemy leader is applying it to themselves.
  • Kyno wrote: »

But it's DR's leader ability applying it. No different from DT applying it with his special. If DR wasn't in the battle as the leader, then there'd be no death mark. So you can't say he isn't applying it. The longer this conquest goes on the more CG's logic is shown to be flawed.
  • CarSickShoe
    199 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    From a “player” perspective it’s DR’s lead applying it, but from a coding perspective the enemy leader is applying it to themselves. While I agree a lot of stuff in Conquest should change (like exposes/dots not counting as kills), this is working as the developers intended, even it isn’t what the player expects.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

But it's DR's leader ability applying it. No different from DT applying it with his special. If DR wasn't in the battle as the leader, then there'd be no death mark. So you can't say he isn't applying it. The longer this conquest goes on the more CG's logic is shown to be flawed.

I could be wrong, but I thought leader abilities do not require the leader to be there ( after the start of the match). So it would still be applied even if he was not present.

That is what makes it different than DT, who applies it through an active ability.
  • So how are you supposed to inflict deathmark? It’s written into darth revans lead?
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator

gsk2f2pr57b4.jpeg

Argue all you want it’s how the game mechanics work
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    edited September 2021
    nevermind
  • Ok so it’s working as intended awesome
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    So how are you supposed to inflict deathmark? It’s written into darth revans lead?

Deathtrooper
  • Well there’s 40 energy gone for nothing.
  • Well there’s 40 energy gone for nothing.

This whole conquest is designed to force you to do the same fights over and over and over again, what’s another 40 energy.
    https://swgoh.gg/p/319514721/
    DISCLAIMER: Post is subject to change.
  • This is just getting more and more ridiculous no matter how you slice it. Even if that’s how this is supposed to work, that just shows how much more petty and ridiculously repetitive and limited these feats are becoming. Conquest 7 is a failure all around. Go back to how it was with conquest 6. This is just pure garbage
  • AhnaldisGOAT
    561 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Ultra wrote: »

gsk2f2pr57b4.jpeg

ANOTHER example of “Things that are WAI but shouldn’t be.” I agree with this guy, and that’s a sentence I never thought I’d say talking about him.
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    This is just getting more and more ridiculous no matter how you slice it. Even if that’s how this is supposed to work, that just shows how much more petty and ridiculously repetitive and limited these feats are becoming. Conquest 7 is a failure all around. Go back to how it was with conquest 6. This is just pure garbage

• Ultra wrote: »

gsk2f2pr57b4.jpeg

Yes, the game mechanics are illogical and heavily, deeply flawed. That's not an argument. That's a stated fact. CG should have reworded the feat to be "inflict X deathmarks with Death Trooper" since he's the only toon in the game who can inflict deathmark, apparently. Might as well just stick his name right on it. Not doing so implies multiple toons can do it and we know now that that's false.

Someone needs to go back to game design school bc apparently CG have created a game where a large percentage of "kills" are just enemies committing suicide.
  • Then they need to change the feat to “inflict death mark with death trooper 10 times” since he’s the only one that can.
  • I assume they’ve changed it to death mark to get around using GG/Piett to mark your own toons.
    It’s funny how they design feats that can be done with only 1-2 toons. This is for Death Trooper and then we have the GMY/YLando feat of potency down.
    Possibly there are more hyper specific feats..?

gsk2f2pr57b4.jpeg

ANOTHER example of “Things that are WAI but shouldn’t be.” I agree with this guy, and that’s a sentence I never thought I’d say talking about him.
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    This is just getting more and more ridiculous no matter how you slice it. Even if that’s how this is supposed to work, that just shows how much more petty and ridiculously repetitive and limited these feats are becoming. Conquest 7 is a failure all around. Go back to how it was with conquest 6. This is just pure garbage

It’s always a good idea to agree with me hahaha
  • They just need to add if you do X for a feat it “may” count towards it, it “may not” just roll with it.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    edited September 2021

gsk2f2pr57b4.jpeg

Yes, the game mechanics are illogical and heavily, deeply flawed. That's not an argument. That's a stated fact. CG should have reworded the feat to be "inflict X deathmarks with Death Trooper" since he's the only toon in the game who can inflict deathmark, apparently. Might as well just stick his name right on it. Not doing so implies multiple toons can do it and we know now that that's false.

Someone needs to go back to game design school bc apparently CG have created a game where a large percentage of "kills" are just enemies committing suicide.

For now… we might get others in the future so it’s future proofing

But almost each sector has feats that only <= 2 units can do

Sector 1 - Potency down (GMY / Young Lando)
    Sector 3- Frenzy (Bistan / Bossk)
    Sector 5 - Deathmark (Deathtrooper)

It’s intentional, so I wouldn’t call it illogical or flawed - they know what they are doing
  • CG needs to stop making feats like this if this is the case. I understand the mechanics and why it’s working out this way. But knowing this, CG should not have made a death mark feat.

If the most logical and common way to do something for a feat doesn’t count for the feat, it’s a bad feat. Make feats that are concrete, predictable, and reliable. If it says get 100 buffs, getting 100 buffs should complete it. If there’s weird coding or stipulations those should be written into the feat or announced by CG before the Conquest starts or the feat should be scrapped altogether.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member

gsk2f2pr57b4.jpeg

It’s intentional, so I wouldn’t call it illogical or flawed - they know what they are doing

That doesn’t make it any better. Having feats that only a one or two characters can do isn’t really that fun. And why am I not surprised that it’s intentional; CG knows what they’re doing, they’re ruining what was once a fun game mode so they can make more money.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Xcien wrote: »

gsk2f2pr57b4.jpeg

That doesn’t make it any better. Having feats that only a one or two characters can do isn’t really that fun. And why am I not surprised that it’s intentional; CG knows what they’re doing, they’re ruining what was once a fun game mode so they can make more money.

I think these feats are fine, but the experience could be better if we had data disks to inflict deathmark or potency down, or gain frenzy etc
  • I needed a reason to Relic 8 Death Trooper…
  • Xcien wrote: »

gsk2f2pr57b4.jpeg

Agreed. More than anything, these type of feats make the game mode not fun.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member

gsk2f2pr57b4.jpeg

I think these feats are fine, but the experience could be better if we had data disks to inflict deathmark or potency down, or gain frenzy etc

But then CG might claim that it’s the disk inflicting those debuffs, not the characters.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator

gsk2f2pr57b4.jpeg

But then CG might claim that it’s the disk inflicting those debuffs, not the characters.

lol

I get you are mad that conquest isn't simple this time around, but lets not confuse our misunderstanding of game mechanics and blaming CG for it

gsk2f2pr57b4.jpeg

lol

I get you are mad that conquest isn't simple this time around, but lets not confuse our misunderstanding of game mechanics and blaming CG for it

Yes, it’s much easier to blame the community…
  • IronCross wrote: »

gsk2f2pr57b4.jpeg

lol

Yes, it’s much easier to blame the community…

It’s easier to blame anyone for anything than to read something
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    i blame tvf for my morning coffee being slightly bitter today