PSA: Free Lando for iOS

1234568Next

Replies

• Puglio
    161 posts Member
    I opened the link in the Twitter app like people said. It has been deleted.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Redeemed the code I got, still haven't received anything :/ that was over 18 hours ago
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Sucks, I saw this morning and didn't have time come back and it's gone. Why do a few have to ruin it for everyone...

@Darksidecalls2me
    I agree, it really bites that you have to suffer because of other people's mistakes. Quite frankly why doesn't CG/EA just do a scan for every IOS device that hasn't received 15/25 Lando shards in the last 24 hours and give them to him?

If they can give Android free stuff without needing codes and twitter links, they can surely do the same for Apple.

The entire process is arduous and poorly implemented from the start.
    | John Salera is my favorite Sith Lord |
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    There recently was a Twitter promotion for iOS users to obtain a 2 Star version of Lando Calrissian. This promotion has been shut down due to there being an exploit where it was possible to obtain character Shards for Lando multiple times on one account.

Promotion no longer works.
  • ioniancat21
    2091 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    They need to get those Lando shards to iPhone customers immediately!!! I am an Android user and just seeing this happen in general infuriates me because it's just such a bunch of bunk that these stooges can't even deploy a free gift properly. Did you guys ever think of just sending all your iPhone users the shards in their inbox's or maybe just deploy the shards as an update so that when players restarted, the shards would be there??? Another very sloppy deployment....Sad.......
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    They were kinda restoring my faith in them with this, I went to Twitter got the code to redeem in AppStore, and over 24 hours later nothing, and then finding out that others have exploited it and getting even more shards, have put my faith in CG/EA to a new low, when legit players don't get the gift and exploiters gets loads of shards.
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Really?!?!? Give something to IOS. Hé, we made a "BIGGA BUG" so cancel the action! NAH NAH all users where the link didn't work or read about this one day late.....
  • I think they were doing it this way so they would get more twitter followers. It appears to have backfired because of people's greed.
    [LWI] | 298-352-583
  • Harmson
    141 posts Member
    Lando, Meh.....
    Ingame name Daremo
    Player Ally Code: 631-533-975
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Come to think of it why only iOS, I know Android got the Google event, but why differentiate between the two OS's? they also did it with Phasma/Poe
  • Dario
    326 posts Member
    Your not missing much he's useless anyway lol
  • This has been a complete and utter farce and testimony to the lack of professionalism involved with CG and EA regarding this whole situation. Some people can get shards, some people can't....some people have (allegedly) had multiple redemptions on various codes. The vast majority of us are left with nothing and there has been no official notice regarding whether or not this is legit and if anyone has been caught exploiting it and sent to SWGOH purgatory. It's nothing short of despicable really
    Ally code 797-111-992
  • I don't complain here. I've played and visited the forums daily for 3+ months. Today is the first time I've posted.

This really gets me. A huge, huge blow to my moral, and what should be every players. I'm deeply disappointed in how this happened.
  • Sucks that they ended this because of cheaters. Hopefully they'll kick out the cheaters like they have in the past and send Lando in the mail
  • I saw this link and hoped they'd rectified this by now but of course, these fools can't get much right doing anything, whether it's rolling out updates, fixing bugs, anything...

Let's face it EA and CG are just losers who happen to make money. EA can't even run a mobile game, why would I ever buy a platform game from them after this experience??? Regarding CG, they're in over their heads, no staff, no accountability, no leadership, total amateurs...
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    I saw this link and hoped they'd rectified this by now but of course, these fools can't get much right doing anything, whether it's rolling out updates, fixing bugs, anything...

Let's face it EA and CG are just losers who happen to make money. EA can't even run a mobile game, why would I ever buy a platform game from them after this experience??? Regarding CG, they're in over their heads, no staff, no accountability, no leadership, total amateurs...

I bought my son Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare 2 and it is amazing. Not sure EA can really take any blame for this. They are just the publishers. CG are the ones actually doing the work.
  • thank you