IG-88 or Darth Sidious

IG-88 or Darth Sidious? Who should I save for?

I currently have IG-88 at 3* so I would simply be upgrading him.

My Team

Dooku
Darth Maul
Talia
IG-88
Dathcha

Replies

• J7000
    2059 posts Member
    I'm in the same boat. I could almost get i88 to level 4 or buy Sidiois but still debating
  • I've decided to go with Sidious But I'll be keeping them both in my team

Wanted to get Sidious so I can start gearing him
  • WhipiT
    591 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Sidious is a MUCH better choice if you don't have a lot of toons that synergize with droids( there are some wicked droid combos). I cant get over the fact people would rather have Barriss measly 15% health over a straight 12% crit chance that Sidious leadership skill provides. Crazy. That 12% crit stacks with other characters crit bonuses on there own abilities. Talk about a huuuge spike in DPS with the right teammates. Sidious changed my pathway to designing my pvp squad. Crits my friends and crit damage bonuses are the future of PVP I would bet. Take a look at Princess, Luke, Landos AOE that if it crits "Here comes an instant reset nuclear bomb" and quite a few others toons abilities. Crit monsters. You add 12% on top of inate crit from main stats on top of crit provided by gear on top of crit provided by abilities it starts to get crazy.
  • I've got so many mixed heroes not enough to make a full team but a hybrid maybe. I'm sat at 130 on the leaderboard and not struggling to move up

Going to run like this when I have Sidious

Sidious lead
    Lando
    Maul
    Dooku
    Offee

• Sid seems good in just about any team you think of.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    IG-88 is not a strong unit. High attach but low health. A safer choice is sidious, he even has an ability to stop healing effects
  • Yingo
    7 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Looooki wrote: »
    IG-88 is not a strong unit. High attach but low health. A safer choice is sidious, he even has an ability to stop healing effects

I agree. I've started spending on Sidious now. Going to build a full sith team when i have Vader but for now I'll be filling in the gaps with lando for his crit nuke and Sidious combo

• Looooki wrote: »

IG is a phenomenal unit when he is in a droid synergized team. There are 60's running a complete droid synergy with NO healer and are melting peoples faces. But as you said alone he is meh.
  • I'm at 50/80 on Sid, he seems to be the best choice with the anti-healer ability. I'm noticing that higher levels of PVP are hard to kill healing teams causing the timer to run out even though in the long run you would have won. Healers are weak they just take forever to kill if there are a 3 healer/ 2 tank team and Sid balances the scales.
    Ally invite code: 692-489-899
  • My IG88 is 3 star level 37 and geared up and he still sucks. He's better than a **** stormtrooper. 9 more days and i'll have Sid. I can't wait
  • IG86 is so much better than 88
  • How many * is Sid when you get him from the arena?
    Ally Code: 134-974-243
    Team: 4* Lando, 4* Barriss, 4* Asajj, 4* Maul, 3* Dooku
    Lvl 33
  • Sid is 80 shards, so 4* when you unlock him. Only have 3 more days, can't wait.
    461-112-993
    Looking for allies level 40+
  • 10 shards=1*,25=2*,50=3*,80=4*
  • TreTuna wrote: »
    Sid is 80 shards, so 4* when you unlock him. Only have 3 more days, can't wait.

I've just hit half way. I'm in the top 50s and it's getting very hard to stay there without a complete squad