Conquest Shutdown Part 2?

2Next

Replies

• TVF wrote: »
    I don't trust the community to correctly understand a bug :shrugemoji:

I truly wish I could block users on this site. You are everywhere.
  • Don't hate the player, hate the game!
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Ripperpa wrote: »
    Don't hate the player, hate the game!

There are bugs. There are also far more people who don't understand kits, don't understand feats, don't understand modifiers, or just plain missed or misremembered something.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
    Ripperpa wrote: »
    Don't hate the player, hate the game!

There are bugs. There are also far more people who don't understand kits, don't understand feats, don't understand modifiers, or just plain missed or misremembered something.

Yes. but the 2 are not related and should not be conflated as to be synonymous with each other.

The Community will always have misunderstandings about anything and everything but there is no misunderstanding about the pile of vomit that is Chorequest 7..

And there's old TVF. Glad to see you back. Or was this just a temporary hiatus?
  • Literally take Conquest 6, add Maul shards to the vendors and loot boxes, and restart it again.

Then go back and work on a Feat counter, tone down the Feat insanity, and solidify and test what you want to do w/ future Conquest versions.

You don't QA in Prod.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Help_me wrote: »
    Shaddess wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

You’re part of the problem. Almost every time.

This. So much this.

I love you guys.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    I for one, enjoy TVF. The forums aren’t the same without him (not sure if that’s a good or a bad thing).
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Xcien wrote: »
    I for one, enjoy TVF. The forums aren’t the same without him (not sure if that’s a good or a bad thing).

Remember when he was on his effort to be more nice? It wasn’t the same.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Help_me wrote: »

You’re part of the problem. Almost every time.

This. So much this.

I love you guys.

We don’t. A lot of would like you to just go away. You ruin the forums

I'm the Conquest 7 of the forums.
  • I'm the Conquest 7 of the forums.

All the more brilliant for being true.
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    I expected something to try and get our attention off Conquest. I didn’t think that would be debating TVF’s place in the forums.

Oddly enough I'm annoyed at Conquest 7 too. But that's not enough for some people.

I do wonder what more there is to say.

Is there anyone not annoyed about the Conquest Changes? I guess they probably don’t feel like saying as much…
  • Konju
    1142 posts Member
    I expected something to try and get our attention off Conquest. I didn’t think that would be debating TVF’s place in the forums.

Oddly enough I'm annoyed at Conquest 7 too. But that's not enough for some people.

Is there anyone not annoyed about the Conquest Changes? I guess they probably don’t feel like saying as much…

I recall some positive feedback, but I don’t recall which thread or user(s).
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member

I actually like the new discs and some of the new feats. It's just way too much effort now and the increased energy cost to do way more feats is a blatant attempt to milk crystals from everyone.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member

I actually like the new discs and some of the new feats. It's just way too much effort now and the increased energy cost to do way more feats is a blatant attempt to milk crystals from everyone.

Agreed. And it’s clear CG has messed up drastically, since even TVF is unhappy with them.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.

I sort of feel this way. A lot of the new Disks are nice, or at least in a place where I could find a use for them. Pretaunt, Assist synergy, a Defensive Buffs that actually works… But some of them are also just weaker versions of Disk we already had, and their formatting just seems lazy. If you’re looking for what Disks are new, just look and see if it has a period at the end of its description or not. Also “gain 4% health”, which could mean either recovering Health or gaining Max Health. That and “attacks out of turn” seems to be the new “gains a buff”.

None of the feats really feel unique to me, except maybe some of the (non-mini) Boss Feats. And even those are irritating, because a lot of them make it impossible to get all the feats done in 1 battle (ie Sidious - Win with Mace Windu / Win with no Jedi). The rest are just what we had last Conquest but much much harder and much less overlapping.

A-MEN. The new discs are cool, and some of the feats are sweet, but SO MUCH MORE MONETIZING.
  • Wrathe wrote: »
    Literally take Conquest 6, add Maul shards to the vendors and loot boxes, and restart it again.

Then go back and work on a Feat counter, tone down the Feat insanity, and solidify and test what you want to do w/ future Conquest versions.

You don't QA in Prod.

We are the QA team for Conquest 7... :D
  • How about the Galactic Republic damage reflect previously removed from GAS, but now present for GAS in this Conquest?

Bug, after bug, after bug being discovered AFTER the first restart? C'mon guys, the character nerfs were bad enough, this is just embarrassing.

Just do this:
    Wrathe wrote: »
    Literally take Conquest 6, add Maul shards to the vendors and loot boxes, and restart it again.

You don't QA in Prod.
  • Just remove stamina and steadfast retribution from conquest and it will be a lot better...
  • I've had a bug in sector 5 with deathmark. I've got it 3x with D. Revan lead and it counted 0 times.
    Did help option and they said clear cache, which I already do 2x a week and only for this game. " Did this resolve issue...NO. So wasted energy, wasted stamina, extra crystal refresh....ughhhhb
  • Eastryder wrote: »
    I've had a bug in sector 5 with deathmark. I've got it 3x with D. Revan lead and it counted 0 times.
    Did help option and they said clear cache, which I already do 2x a week and only for this game. " Did this resolve issue...NO. So wasted energy, wasted stamina, extra crystal refresh....ughhhhb

See the giantic “Sector 5 inflict Deathmark isn’t working” thread. Evidently DR’s lead ability is coded so the enemy leader inflicts Deathmark on themselves, which means it doesn’t count. Or because it’s a Locked/Undispellable debuff which seems to be bugged elsewhere. Death Trooper’s the only way to go.
  • Seems to be a lot of issues with Conquest mode and I'm trying to figure out if my problem happens to be related. I'm pretty new so could someone tell me if it's normal for the opponent to sometimes get infinite turns from the start of battle? Using my same squad in the same battle is giving very different results. At times it starts "normally" with a few turns for each side and other times the AI doesn't even give me a turn. Is this just me getting unlucky RNG?

During 1 particular attempt the AI spent over 3 minutes on its first attacks which left very little time on the clock to even get started with what was left of my squad. Then on my next attempt I completed it on Auto with very little difficulty using the same squad. Is this how Conquest is supposed to work?
  • Barthbuck wrote: »
    Seems to be a lot of issues with Conquest mode and I'm trying to figure out if my problem happens to be related. I'm pretty new so could someone tell me if it's normal for the opponent to sometimes get infinite turns from the start of battle? Using my same squad in the same battle is giving very different results. At times it starts "normally" with a few turns for each side and other times the AI doesn't even give me a turn. Is this just me getting unlucky RNG?

During 1 particular attempt the AI spent over 3 minutes on its first attacks which left very little time on the clock to even get started with what was left of my squad. Then on my next attempt I completed it on Auto with very little difficulty using the same squad. Is this how Conquest is supposed to work?
    This is normal and probably working as intended. It’s impossible to know for anyone on the outside since the product owner usually doesn’t want to share their intentions with their customers.