Fake Arena

Squad/Fleet Arena became Fake.
It´s clear: People are struggling for Rank 1, because the game becomes even more elaborate.

Chat Organization, the great solution!

"Join now on discord, be no more opponent!
But if the Group is full, you´re dead." ;)

This method has destroyed Squad/Fleet Arena. Fighting always the same players in top 100 makes it difficult to compete. Is this even legal? And also of course it is hard to track players that are such abusive. But also logic, when players don´t rotate they will always ally with others in benefit. For myself, I hate Fleet Arena because of that. So many crystals slip away. The opponents only attack you because you are not in the mafia. When 15 Players aim to knock you away from the top rank, that´s pretty trash and intends me to leave. You are in complete disadvantage. Also players do attack the last 5 minutes before payout time to keep 1st Rank.

Example:
Player (1st in Fleet Arena) attacks Player 2 (2nd in Fleet Arena)
just to safe rewards and to push people to maximum 3rd place (if you are not already 2nd you have no chance).

Or at least there should be something like a rotation to the players so it gets harder to ally with opponents

Why not make Fleet Arena like Grand Arena? Join Arena with random 10 People (compared by GM), with max 10 fights within 1-2 hours? Fair Play.

Replies

• Arena and fleet arena shuffle every month is a better way to stop this boosting, rank blocking and other not legal methods.
  • Kisakee
    1648 posts Member
    edited May 2021
    1. It's legal.
    2. If there're only 15 people in the shard chat and they take top spots all the time your problem aren't those people but the other 84 in top 100. Following your logic you should absolutely be able to get to 16 all the time but as you have trouble with even getting top 100 it's clear that you're targeting the wrong guys.
    Conclusion: Make sure to get 16 all the time. If you're able to achieve that go and ask them whom to avoid to take higher spots. When you're unable or unwilling to do so that's not their fault so stop harassing them.
    "Never make the mistake of believing forbearance equates to acceptance, or that all positions are equally valid."
    - Grand Admiral Thrawn
  • You dont read or you really dont understand Kisakee, easy said.

Since when is allying in PVP legal?

When the group (15-20 people) ONLY knock YOU (because you are not in this group and with that said the primary target to all these that organized for the 1st rank) and push you back to 30+ (from 1st rank) you are unable to make it without any refreshs to get back to 1st. And also when they try to kick you back while you even try to climb before payout time (The gap between the next fight).

No rotation = game over.

Even if you play max geared Malevolence or Negotiator it is not possible to hold 1st alone by the strength of the fleet.
  • lucaefor
    95 posts Member
    Yes, it's a mafia plain and simple. If you are lucky you get to play with nice human beings who will share.
    Or if you are unlucky like me, you'll eventually get bullied to the point where you abandon a 2-3 year old account and start all over again.

The best model for a competitive arena is to take an hourly snapshot and only allow the positions of players to move at the end of the hour. This would allow multiple people to reach 1st place without any kind of obstruction.

When cheaters get involved in squad chat things just become impossible. I left the "mafia" when cheaters were invited in. That's when the trouble started, since I'd been the one responsible for getting all the other cheaters banned, the ones who CG didn't ban decided to grief me.
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited July 2021
    lucaefor wrote: »
    Yes, it's a mafia plain and simple. If you are lucky you get to play with nice human beings who will share.
    Or if you are unlucky like me, you'll eventually get bullied to the point where you abandon a 2-3 year old account and start all over again.

The best model for a competitive arena is to take an hourly snapshot and only allow the positions of players to move at the end of the hour. This would allow multiple people to reach 1st place without any kind of obstruction.

When cheaters get involved in squad chat things just become impossible. I left the "mafia" when cheaters were invited in. That's when the trouble started, since I'd been the one responsible for getting all the other cheaters banned, the ones who CG didn't ban decided to grief me.

So now you’re top spot in arena on your new account and bullying all those competing against you?

Whatever! It’s NOT bullying. It’s a GAME! Learn to play it.

Nothing better than making crybabies cry.

SnakesOnAPlane
  • AussieMasterRace
    6 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    You obviously don't know the nature of the game well enough if you cannot understand why organised shard chats exist:

Key points:
    - it's not a game, it's resource management/farming
    - people have lives outside the game
    - the only game is gaming the system (AKA 'game theory') to minimise the time/cost to real life
    - organised shard chats benefit all
    - if the shard chat is not benefitting you, it's mostly because you snipe people at random times of the day to prove you're a big man (or something). Suggest you read up about game theory and the benefits of cooperation :)
  • Larx
    371 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    what am i reading here? this is not a game? mafia? bullying?

come on guys, develope your rosters and learn the mechanics of the game. switch fleet tactics, change your payoutime and so on...

i know in my shard, there is an existing shard chat, but i am not in. everyday i fall between sport 30 -35 and you know what? i climb everyday between top 1-3!
    without a fully developed Nego Squad.

yes, this GAME lives from managment and farming, but yes, this is the game! collecting and battling at the holotables! never played Pokemon, Age of Empires or something like that?

what is your swgoh.gg link? maybe we can help!
  • AussieMasterRace
    6 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Larx wrote: »

come on guys, develope your rosters and learn the mechanics of the game. switch fleet tactics, change your payoutime and so on...

i know in my shard, there is an existing shard chat, but i am not in. everyday i fall between sport 30 -35 and you know what? i climb everyday between top 1-3!

yes, this GAME lives from managment and farming, but yes, this is the game! collecting and battling at the holotables! never played Pokemon, Age of Empires or something like that?

fleet arena is a LOT easier to climb than squad, so I wouldn't brag :). Besides, wouldn't the smart thing be to get into the shard and get 15-60 mins more of your life back, each day, for real life purposes? Are you shy or something? Don't worry, people in your shard are probably introverted nerds like yourself. Reach out, they don't bite. The smart thing to do is to the play the 'game' smart :D
  • Larx
    371 posts Member
    Larx wrote: »

fleet arena is a LOT easier to climb than squad, so I wouldn't brag :). Besides, wouldn't the smart thing be to get into the shard and get 15-60 mins more of your life back, each day, for real life purposes? Are you shy or something? Don't worry, people in your shard are probably introverted nerds like yourself. Reach out, they don't bite. The smart thing to do is to the play the 'game' smart :D

wow. so much talking about bullying and now this answer :D
    sry to say that, but for me being a dad and being an executive in the company i am working - i dont really think i am shy. but wont bore you any longer.

back to topic:

what do you want from this game? u wanna play it, or u just wanna sim and autobattling everything? an hour a day for fleets? never needed.
    playing this game a lot? yes, because i like it!
    sure it is smart being in a shard chat, but i am old fashioned and the best should get the best rewards because he made it in time. and not because of being in a shard chat.

i dont only wanna beat the game. i just wanna beat my opponent!
  • Wrathe
    194 posts Member
    w4nd4lore wrote: »
    Squad/Fleet Arena became Fake.
    It´s clear: People are struggling for Rank 1, because the game becomes even more elaborate.

Chat Organization, the great solution!

"Join now on discord, be no more opponent!
    But if the Group is full, you´re dead." ;)

This method has destroyed Squad/Fleet Arena. Fighting always the same players in top 100 makes it difficult to compete. Is this even legal? And also of course it is hard to track players that are such abusive. But also logic, when players don´t rotate they will always ally with others in benefit. For myself, I hate Fleet Arena because of that. So many crystals slip away. The opponents only attack you because you are not in the mafia. When 15 Players aim to knock you away from the top rank, that´s pretty trash and intends me to leave. You are in complete disadvantage. Also players do attack the last 5 minutes before payout time to keep 1st Rank.

Example:
    Player (1st in Fleet Arena) attacks Player 2 (2nd in Fleet Arena)
    just to safe rewards and to push people to maximum 3rd place (if you are not already 2nd you have no chance).

Or at least there should be something like a rotation to the players so it gets harder to ally with opponents

Why not make Fleet Arena like Grand Arena? Join Arena with random 10 People (compared by GM), with max 10 fights within 1-2 hours? Fair Play.

Sounds like you're mad at people working together to avoid you sniping their PO's.
    Also sounds like you don't like the idea of someone being able to lock themselves to avoid your sniping attempts.

I'm REAL sorry your sniping efforts are failing. We all feel REAL bad.
  • AussieMasterRace
    6 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Sounds like you're mad at people working together to avoid you sniping their PO's.
    Also sounds like you don't like the idea of someone being able to lock themselves to avoid your sniping attempts.

I'm sorry too lol.

I'll add that often the people complaining about 'shard mafias' are anti-social, inconsiderate jerks, unable to think about anyone but themselves. For example, they knock down someone else within their payout hour, even though their payout may be 4-23 hours away, in some foolish effort to advance themselves. Then they **** when they get some payback.

• Sounds like you're mad at people working together to avoid you sniping their PO's.

I'm sorry too lol.

I'll add that often the people complaining about 'shard mafias' are anti-social, inconsiderate jerks, unable to think about anyone but themselves. For example, they knock down someone else within their payout hour, even though their payout may be 4-23 hours away, in some foolish effort to advance themselves. Then they **** when they get some payback.

Or you have closed shards which knock down anyone entering top20 and knock off people just because they can. Its against EULA to act with multiple persons against one just fyi. Read the rules. Fixed shards arent a good solution in a mobile type game - i would even say fleet + arena is the most unfun thing in whole SWGoH.
  • There are 2 sides of this argument. I think in a friendly arena, those who do not join are the a******. On the other hand in a mafia arena, instead of a royal rumble its like 10 vs 1 to climb inside top 10 and this really kills the spirit of competition. In a real world this is called “bullying”
  • There are 2 sides of this argument. I think in a friendly arena, those who do not join are the a******. On the other hand in a mafia arena, instead of a royal rumble its like 10 vs 1 to climb inside top 10 and this really kills the spirit of competition. In a real world this is called “bullying”

Those arena mafia shard leaders always try to explain people here how competitive it is 10v1...
    Probably they also stand behind the school and strip the lunch money from other kids - 10v1 of course, no risk, its competition for them i suppose too :smiley:
    Unfortunately CG staff does not care about really watching after their own rules sadly. A shard chat group acting against a single person would result in a sanction, but they just dont follow their own rule sets. Thats the reality.