Conquest Is Rigged w/ Hidden Buffs & Stats

Prev1
feralicious
178 posts Member
edited September 2021
What enrages me most is not that this doesn’t seem possible, but that there’s no way short of spending (wasting) energy to find out that these BH will be faster than this DR with these disks.
Is it against forum rules to call out CG for cheating?

dkm00ac5a0t5.png

mihdpplpav74.png

ks64ctnu8ybo.png

kijsj7efd0b9.png

Replies

• There will be losses.

Especially this season. ;)
  • Calbion
    140 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    They do state the extra bonuses they get, sector 5 has bonuses are R8 with +50-90% bonuses increasing from the lower to the max as you progress along the sector. It’s the little information button on the top left of each sector button.

You also need to add in the overprepared buffs. So basically sector 5 ranges from 50% (no overprepared) through to 170% (max sector bonus + Overprepared IV).

I’m going to make the assumption that these stat and speed bonuses are applied to a units base stats at the specific relic level. So Bossk is 171 speed meaning he could be as fast as 394 speed with overprepared II, if that is how the bonus stats are applied.

Long of the short is we shouldn’t have to do all the math to get an idea of the stats and speeds of opponent teams…
    Post edited by Calbion on
  • Calbion
    140 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Deleted
    Post edited by Calbion on
  • Which would likely indicate the assumption of base stats isn’t the case and there is another layer as you’ve said. If it’s based off player average stats that’s insane. My Bossk is 293 speed - which would be 557 - 674 with bonuses
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I see all of that. Again, though, my DR is 100% stamina, 340 speed (174 base), and has two 3 dot leader’s resolve disks equipped at 24% speed boost EACH.
    That’s not fast enough to go first against Overprepared Il bc of, at best, ambiguous 50-90% sector stat bonuses. As I said above, we deserve to know our opponents’ stats since we have to pay to modify ours.

Where is the cheating?
    Calbion wrote: »
    Which would likely indicate the assumption of base stats isn’t the case and there is another layer as you’ve said. If it’s based off player average stats that’s insane. My Bossk is 293 speed - which would be 557 - 674 with bonuses

Last we asked, yes all characters start at the base stats we can all see and then use the modifiers we can see. No hidden boosts are given.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    I see all of that. Again, though, my DR is 100% stamina, 340 speed (174 base), and has two 3 dot leader’s resolve disks equipped at 24% speed boost EACH.
    That’s not fast enough to go first against Overprepared Il bc of, at best, ambiguous 50-90% sector stat bonuses. As I said above, we deserve to know our opponents’ stats since we have to pay to modify ours.

Where is the cheating?
    Which would likely indicate the assumption of base stats isn’t the case and there is another layer as you’ve said. If it’s based off player average stats that’s insane. My Bossk is 293 speed - which would be 557 - 674 with bonuses

Last we asked, yes all characters start at the base stats we can all see and then use the modifiers we can see. No hidden boosts are given.

Feral has a Darth Revan with 2 leader discs and 340 speed at 100% stamina before those are applied. Yet, using base stats for the BH they move before he does. Using the max for the sector and overprepared II.

Bossk - base 171 - max after bonuses 394
    Dengar - base 121 - max after bonuses 279
    Cad - base 133 - max after bonuses 306
    Boba - base 167 - max after bonuses 382
    Embo - base 160 - max after bonuses 368

If the leadership applies from base speed of Darth Revan that’s 340 + 84 = 424. If the discs don’t stack its 340 + 42 = 382. If the later is the case then it clearly needs to be stated on the disc that it doesn’t stack.

If it does stack then there is no reason if using base stats that the units should be going before his Darth Revan

• It is very easy to know.

If you are not using a GL you are outspeed. Period.

Easy, and fun. It lets you use all the depth of your roster.

L O L
  • LOL true 😂
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Mirkraag wrote: »
    It is very easy to know.

Yeah, I go in every battle with this mindset
  • Calbion
    140 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Kyno wrote: »

Where is the cheating?

Feral has a Darth Revan with 2 leader discs and 340 speed at 100% stamina before those are applied. Yet, using base stats for the BH they move before he does. Using the max for the sector and overprepared II.

If the leadership applies from base speed of Darth Revan that’s 340 + 84 = 424. If the discs don’t stack its 340 + 42 = 382. If the later is the case then it clearly needs to be stated on the disc that it doesn’t stack.

If it does stack then there is no reason if using base stats that the units should be going before his Darth Revan

But you should know from previous conquests and other events that event units do not to have the same stats as player units

I forget which, but I believe one of the assault battles has AI units with speeds nearing 1k

Now I do agree that having overprepared on almost every node even after having "stat increases" is scummy and is the easy way for CG to make conquest "challenging"

But there's nothing hidden about it

Yet that’s not what Kyno is saying the Devs said 🤷‍♂️ By definition if we can’t see the stats that are being modified by the sector and overprepared buff then CG are in fact hiding the true stats/modifiers.

‘The base stats we all can see’ - aka the base unit stats we have.

Any more elaboration @Kyno

• For those who have not figured this out yet you won't go first without a GL. Sometimes even GLs won't go first. You need to stack vitality and entrenched until you can survive the opening volley.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Where is the cheating?

But you should know from previous conquests and other events that event units do not to have the same stats as player units

I forget which, but I believe one of the assault battles has AI units with speeds nearing 1k

Now I do agree that having overprepared on almost every node even after having "stat increases" is scummy and is the easy way for CG to make conquest "challenging"

Yet that’s not what Kyno is saying the Devs said 🤷‍♂️ By definition if we can’t see the stats that are being modified by the sector and overprepared buff then CG are in fact hiding the true stats/modifiers.

Any more elaboration Kyno

My information was based on a conversation in earlier Conquests, I am asking for clarification on this.
  • I'm not sure if "cheating" is quite the right word but some of it is ... a tad silly.
    In Sector 3 Hard, I took my GL team in against an Imperial Trooper team. My GL went first and then ... I waited ... and waited ... and waited ... and after 86 seconds (I times it), I was allowed a second turn. But the character who acted was ability blocked so they could only use their basic on the taunter. So I did.
    It was another minute before I got another turn. Again, my character was abilitiy blocked and an enemy was taunting.
    It was at that point that I realised that I wasn't actually playing a game, I was simply watching the AI play Solitaire.
  • What enrages me most is not that this doesn’t seem possible, but that there’s no way short of spending (wasting) energy to find out that these BH will be faster than this DR with these disks.
    Is it against forum rules to call out CG for cheating?

dkm00ac5a0t5.png

mihdpplpav74.png

ks64ctnu8ybo.png

kijsj7efd0b9.png

this is just the Smoother Conquest Experience ™, nothing more
  • Sounds like "base stats we all can see in game" is... SUBJECT TO CHANGE 😏. But in seriousness, it is rather silly that CG doesn't just present the stats for us within the game mode. You've gotta have a Ph-D in swgoh in order to truly understand what you're fighting against. There's a reason why products have all those warning labels on them for you to read. It's so the common man understands what not to do, but I guess CG just doesn't want the common man to outplay them at their game, so they don't properly warn you about the speed of enemy units.

Where is the cheating?

My information was based on a conversation in earlier Conquests, I am asking for clarification on this.

Where is the cheating?

Any update on this @Kyno

These speeds aren’t working out how they should be from my testing and remodding to anticipated speeds
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    No update yet, but they are looking into it.
  • Trying not to read into the lack of response/looking into it, but sounding like something isn’t working as it should be…
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Trying not to read into the lack of response/looking into it, but sounding like something isn’t working as it should be…

That is my take, as with the little back and forth we had, only minor corrections to some math, and no smoking gun as to what is going on.
  • Joebo720
    646 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    My favorite is the Sabine that seems to have stolen Han's "Shoot First" and lets go 8-12 shots and kills your R7 tank before you get a turn in R4 zone.
  • Mirkraag wrote: »
    It is very easy to know.

L O L

I've had nodes where my GL's aren't even going first. Some teams appear to be TM Loaded, because it wasn't enough of an annoyance to beat them without the TM Loading 14 or even 20 times to complete one feat. (not included the 87 bonus attacks that they get to take because CG loves TM loading and stacking bonus attacks)

Not to mention that Mon Mothma still revives rebels that are executed, annihilated, or killed by a character with a revive blocking ability. (Which has been going on for more than one conquest, but this one makes it even worse to deal with.)
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Mirkraag wrote: »
    It is very easy to know.

L O L

I've had nodes where my GL's aren't even going first. Some teams appear to be TM Loaded, because it wasn't enough of an annoyance to beat them without the TM Loading 14 or even 20 times to complete one feat. (not included the 87 bonus attacks that they get to take because CG loves TM loading and stacking bonus attacks)

Can confirm. The Phoenix midboss's whole team went before my Rey had her first turn last night. That's ridiculous.
    [Last we asked, yes all characters start at the base stats we can all see and then use the modifiers we can see. No hidden boosts are given.

I've always been under the impression that the enemy units have "simulated mods" like in Marquee events.

So it's actually Base Stats + Simulated Mods + Overprepared.

The way I understood it is Overprepared is taking the Galactic Challenge version of the team and adding extra stats on top.

If it was just Base Stats + Overprepared the enemies would be too easy with all the Data Disks the players have.
  • The real problem is picking the wrong lane and not getting the enemies needed to do some of the lame feats
    Maybe End Game isn't for you