[MEGA] Road Ahead: July 2021

Replies

• Ultra wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Rebuc wrote: »
    Awesome - just started this round of GA and my opponent has SEE on defense, and since matchmaking doesn't factor in number of GL's on a roster (as in me having none), that's and auto win for him.

Taking away our counters was a great idea...thanks for that.

I'd sit this one out, but my **** hurts.

How many GLs do you own?

:thinking:

In my defense, words in brackets can be ignored when reading sentences

That's a bit liberal in grammatical rules to say they "can be" ignored.
    Use parentheses to set off (typically nonessential) information:
    Webster’s New World College Dictionary Rules of Punctuation explains parentheses are used “to enclose material that is explanatory, supplementary, or illustrative.”

The AP Stylebook, which isn’t particularly fond of parentheses, states, “There are occasions, however, when parentheses are the only effective means of inserting necessary background or reference information.”

Technically yes, I should have separated it out with a dashed em for 'emphasis', or comma for separation and continuation, especially since the information - while explanatory and supplemental - was still essential and "necessary background or reference information", but in a short post that only has a few sentences in total, the presumption is that it will still be read in its entirety and not subject to being glossed over for grammatical liberties.

Also, it was in parentheses () not brackets [], those are entirely different - and have a separate ruleset for usage.

Regardless, my point still stands - changing the ruleset used for battling GL's without also changing matchmaking to ensure fair fights is absolute ****

A person without any GL's should never be matched against a person with a GL, ever. By the rules of the game, since non-GL counters have been removed, it's by definition an automatic win for the one with a GL, and therefore not a fair match.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Awesome - just started this round of GA and my opponent has SEE on defense, and since matchmaking doesn't factor in number of GL's on a roster (as in me having none), that's and auto win for him.

How many GLs do you own?

Think you missed a joke there.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »

How many GLs do you own?

I did see the joke, just "ignored" it as he did my lack of GL's statement.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member

How many GLs do you own?

sure
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator

How many GLs do you own?

but my joke wasn't in parenthesis
  • TVF wrote: »

How many GLs do you own?

sure

zebra
  • Well - I have spent in the 20-30K range (maybe more) in the last few years on this game. I have never felt as little desire to spend EVER as I do right now after the latest changes.

I have all the GLs out right now and am watching guild after guild fall apart as everyone just lost interest. This is upsetting and feels like a misplay. Suddenly TW is just walls of GLs - my guild mates who cannot afford more than 1 or 2 can maybe help out some but overall the game has turned into something silly. Yes - make it so getting a GL is important. Just ripping out ALL of the years of balancing the game all at once then making about what you can buy is really the best way I know to get all the people who BECOME the whales and Krakens to go pick a different game.

Make it so people have a reason to theory craft. Buying something and then getting to say I win is fun for about 5 min and then it is boring.
  • Ultra wrote: »

How many GLs do you own?

but my joke wasn't in parenthesis

Ok
  • Well - I have spent in the 20-30K range (maybe more) in the last few years on this game. I have never felt as little desire to spend EVER as I do right now after the latest changes.

I have all the GLs out right now and am watching guild after guild fall apart as everyone just lost interest. This is upsetting and feels like a misplay. Suddenly TW is just walls of GLs - my guild mates who cannot afford more than 1 or 2 can maybe help out some but overall the game has turned into something silly. Yes - make it so getting a GL is important. Just ripping out ALL of the years of balancing the game all at once then making about what you can buy is really the best way I know to get all the people who BECOME the whales and Krakens to go pick a different game.

Make it so people have a reason to theory craft. Buying something and then getting to say I win is fun for about 5 min and then it is boring.

x2

@CG_Doja_Fett_MINI man this is getting really bad… go on Discord and Reddit to see even more negative feedback… I can’t believe you guys are not worried at all by the situation. I am quite sure revenues are plummeting right now and since management goals is to make more money each time you are just putting players and studio in a lose-lose situation… I have stopped spending for the last two weeks and I won’t do it ever again if nothing changes… I have maybe not reached 20-30k but I sure did spend a lot… you are wasting your customer base by doing this and putting the future of the game in jeopardy… Please do something!!
  • I get their wanting to make GLs the best, but to weaken those characters overall and make them less viable in the game as a whole? That’s weak @CG_SBCrumb_MINI
  • Where was it stated that executor is a timed event? Thought considering the reqs that it would be unlocked like GLs once I met the requirements. When's it back?
  • nottenst
    682 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Where was it stated that executor is a timed event? Thought considering the reqs that it would be unlocked like GLs once I met the requirements. When's it back?

It is on the monthly calendar. Listed as September 18. So, if you miss that keep an eye out for the October calendar (and so forth).
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/248374/event-calendar-september-2021#latest
  • HeroWithNoFear
    59 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Where is Lord Vader kit reveal ? Third group of requirements released almost 2 weeks ago
    Post edited by HeroWithNoFear on
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Where is Lord Vader kit reveal ? Third group of requirements released almost 2 weeks ago

They are probably still buffing LV to make him the strongest GL.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Where is Lord Vader kit reveal ? Third group of requirements released almost 2 weeks ago

Preach!
  • I hope they re-pave this road ahead with the next one…too many pot holes.
  • Where is Lord Vader kit reveal ? Third group of requirements released almost 2 weeks ago

They wait until we're angry enough and then they play their best card: LV kit reveal... and everyone will clap like mindless seals and problems will be forgotten.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Dawe wrote: »

They wait until we're angry enough and then they play their best card: LV kit reveal... and everyone will clap like mindless seals and problems will be forgotten.

Unless it makes it worse. Then they’ll have a problem.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • cmg799 wrote: »
    I get their wanting to make GLs the best, but to weaken those characters overall and make them less viable in the game as a whole? That’s weak @CG_SBCrumb_MINI

Weren't most of the characters re-balanced? I.e. GAS is now stronger than before with his clones, but weaker as a sidekick.

Except Wat of course, who shows up on every other GL squad as it is and probably needed a nerf.
  • Rebmes wrote: »
    cmg799 wrote: »
    I get their wanting to make GLs the best, but to weaken those characters overall and make them less viable in the game as a whole? That’s weak @CG_SBCrumb_MINI

Weren't most of the characters re-balanced? I.e. GAS is now stronger than before with his clones, but weaker as a sidekick.

Except Wat of course, who shows up on every other GL squad as it is and probably needed a nerf.

WAT is an endgame toon. He should be OP compared to something you can farm easy. They could at least have added like offence up to the weapon tech

Vader was ruined. GAS was part of the JML team and that team is now weakened.

There is no balance
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Crayons wrote: »
    Rebmes wrote: »
    cmg799 wrote: »

WAT is an endgame toon. He should be OP compared to something you can farm easy. They could at least have added like offence up to the weapon tech

Vader was ruined. GAS was part of the JML team and that team is now weakened.

There is no balance

Clearly they intended to make you use GAS with 501st again. Right or wrong, there's no denying that GAS 501st was buffed.
  • I would love to know if CG is actually listening to all the negative feedback they have been getting. People are not happy and leaving the game and even big spenders are either wanting to quit the game or stop spending. Does CG care or will they just bury their head in the sand and let the game die due to stubbornness
  • s2ubr331d6mv.gif
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • I would love to know if CG is actually listening to all the negative feedback they have been getting. People are not happy and leaving the game and even big spenders are either wanting to quit the game or stop spending. Does CG care or will they just bury their head in the sand and let the game die due to stubbornness

Check out *any* feedback platform you want (e.g., the latest Google play reviews). I cant find anyone who legitimately thinks the combination of changes made in the past two months is good.

It seems like CG had a brain storming session on how to increase profits, and instead of metering out some of them over time to gradually influence spending, they dropped every change at once, thinking that if some is good, more is better.

I dont think any of them ever studied something like queueing theory and the concept of balking.
    Some data analyst saw a linear trend and then assumed it could be extrapolated along all real numbers...
  • The damage is already done. It will too expensive for them to roll back and also try to bribe the community to forgive this transgression. They’ll just focus on squeezing even more money from the people who don’t leave because they’re too addicted to this abuse.
  • It was bad enough they nerfed the non-GL counters, but due to the AI changes they added yesterday, they are even nerfing GL vs. GL counters. They have really cut down options and strategy for GAC and TW.
  • It was bad enough they nerfed the non-GL counters, but due to the AI changes they added yesterday, they are even nerfing GL vs. GL counters. They have really cut down options and strategy for GAC and TW.
    Which is why i stopped playing today. Have been hitting #1 in our Arena constantly but the latest changes destroyed the last bit of fun i had in the Arena. Mind you, i had 2 Galactic Legends already and the third in the making, but the latest focus on "You must have GL X to counter GL Y" and the endless number of "bundle-popups" made me quit instantly today. I've been spending quite a bit of money, but the utter lack of respect towards guilds (has there been any new raid for a couple of years? I don't count "Just made the Rancor harder" a new raid). Nope... So Goodbye and thanks for all the fish :-)

• Becks1977
    2 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Edit
  • If someone has played mobile games before Swgoh, you know the dynamics.

If the numbers are wrong, it will be more expensive. But I have never seen the progress that has been made so devalued.

Destroying functioning content so that new things become more valuable is a statement. The question is what should I as a player conclude from this?

It also has something to do with trust. There have been unpopular updates before, but so many players have never stopped playing with us in such a short time.

Well Done CG. I don't think this will make the numbers any better ..