CPU teams starting with 50+ turn starts

Ontourallday_nz
24 posts Member
edited August 2021
As per title, when I have reliced and zeta chars present, also in Squads arena, battle goes turn for turn or at most 2 -3 turns each, before in the last 45 seconds, CPU decides to take 7+ turns, or up to 10 turns and just one shot kills all your team...why
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    You will need to provide more details. Team comp on both sides, and where did this battle take place, what game mode?
  • Rebel round up, challenger level 2, baze had 7 counter attack returns..lol how do you counter attack when you haven't even had a turn in the first place? other units attack at the same time, if you run the game at single speed and count turns, every single time I open this event, it does the same formation, 47+ turns, 40+ turns, every single time, my first turn if I manage to get one, is dodged, then the cpu takes another 10-17 turns. its beyond a joke.
  • They're programmed that way on purpose. To increase the difficulty they massively ramp up the event enemy speeds and grant them pre-set amounts of turns before you start filling your TM bar.
  • Ontourallday_nz
    24 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    So your saying they are programmed to cheat? again I ask, how does a char "counter" attack, if its never been attacked, they are coming off the turn first, ok so they go first, what are they "countering" then? I haven't attacked.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Whats CPU team?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    So your saying they are programmed to cheat? again I ask, how does a char "counter" attack, if its never been attacked, they are coming off the turn first, ok so they go first, what are they "countering" then? I haven't attacked.

If you have not attacked, they are not countering. Can I ask why you think they are counter attacking when they have not been attacked?

Screen shots or video?

I'm pretty sure this is just a misunderstanding on your part about what is happening.
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    If you're referring to Rebel Roundup in particular, then no, Baze is not counter attacking. The "CPU team" is programmed to take several rounds of turns before you get to go once.

It's a gear/team check to ensure you built the right team up enough to earn the rewards. Usually if your team survives the starting pre-programmed turns, then you'll do fine the rest of the event.
  • BlackBart
    156 posts Member
    edited August 2021
    Sounds more like the galatic challenge special ability kicking in.

To the OP, events have names. A lot easier for people to understand what is going on if you say the name of the event. If this indeed the Death Star: Rebel galactic challenge then what you are seeing is the enemy modifier coming into play.

Those are not counter attacks, they are bonus attacks. In events characters can have different abilities then normal.
  • Was Rebel Roundup even available to play on the 28th? I know it was recent but I don’t think it was yesterday.

This sounds more like the galactic challenge, like BlackBart said above.
  • Ontourallday_nz
    24 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Kyno wrote: »

If you have not attacked, they are not countering. Can I ask why you think they are counter attacking when they have not been attacked?

Screen shots or video?

I'm pretty sure this is just a misunderstanding on your part about what is happening.

Wow really? so I can't read english or I don't understand the word that flashs up when it says "Counter Attack"...why would I start a whole post about it then?

Just wow.

Like I said, CPU team starts with 50 + turns on that leve, If I auto it, its even higher and my whole team is wiped out before I even take a turn.

Above baze where it shows damage or things like "bonus turn", its flashed up counter attack.

Again I ask, what are you countering when I haven't even taken a shot?

I've also seen it happen in TW. And again playing on a tablet, how would you screen shot something when its live and to screen shot on a tablet you'd have to pre empt it while holding up volume up and power, mid game, lol I honestly don't think so.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • You can turn on screen recording on most tablets.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

Screen shots or video?

Wow really? so I can't read english or I don't understand the word that flashs up when it says "Counter Attack"...why would I start a whole post about it then?

Just wow.

Like I said, CPU team starts with 50 + turns on that leve, If I auto it, its even higher and my whole team is wiped out before I even take a turn.

Above baze where it shows damage or things like "bonus turn", its flashed up counter attack.

Again I ask, what are you countering when I haven't even taken a shot?

I've also seen it happen in TW. And again playing on a tablet, how would you screen shot something when its live and to screen shot on a tablet you'd have to pre empt it while holding up volume up and power, mid game, lol I honestly don't think so.

I cant speak to why you would start this, but I can assure you that no counter attack will happen without being attacked.

Please feel free to share videos or screen shots to help us see what you are seeing, (videos would be more helpful).

From the multiple posts you have made on different elements in a short period of time, many of us believe there is a misunderstanding of what is happening, on your part. We are just trying to help.
  • Google how to screen record on your tablet. It should be fairly easy.

I’ve never seen this happen in TW. I could see it possibly in TB, but even then I can’t recall a time it’s happened to me. I also can’t recall anybody counter attacking when they haven’t been attacked.

When you do record video and upload it here, it’ll help immensely if you do it at 1x speed and not 4x. A lot of the status pop ups (like bonus attack or counter attack) get lost in the speed of 4x, especially when there’s a ton of things happening at once.
  • So basically I'm a lieing then? Cool forum.

Why honestly would I start a thread about something that never happened, seriously got better things to do you.

Your about as useless as the EA help section "oh go post on the forum", get made to feel like an **** on the forum, go back to EA help "weve provided you with all the answers we can".

What a cop out and what a rubbish time wasting game.
  • You're complaining about the Challenge Tier Assault Battles which are designed to be difficult. They're programmed to have the enemy take multiple turns before you get your first turn. It's a gear/mod check to make sure you should actually be in that tier.

If you're getting wiped by their multiple turns then your toons are not sufficiently geared or modded, or you're using the wrong lineup.

We've asked for more information/specifics and you don't/won't provide them.
  • So basically I'm a lieing then? Cool forum.

That is not what anybody said. We said, historically speaking about complaints like this, that the player is usually missing a mechanic or there’s something else going on that the player misread. That doesn’t mean we’re calling you a liar, there could definitely be an accidental bug. Just because we haven’t seen your alleged bug doesn’t mean it’s not happening.

But that’s why we ask for video of the battle, so we can all see what’s happening and not just one side’s word. You want to be so adamant about not providing anything necessary for us to help, and that’s your choice, but you won’t get anywhere without evidence to back up your claim. If you say something is happening that none of the veteran users here have ever seen happen before, the burden is on you to provide that evidence.
  • You say “This thing is happening.”

We say, “Hmm, weird, never saw that before. Show us what you’re seeing.”

And you say, “No. Stop calling me a liar.”

See the issue here? Nobody can help you if we don’t what’s happening by watching the battle.
  • Kudos to everyone not losing their patience here and still trying to be helpful. This is a very helpful community.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    StewartH wrote: »
    Kudos to everyone not losing their patience here and still trying to be helpful. This is a very helpful community.

You can’t be helpful if you don’t know how to help them…
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • AhnaldisGOAT
    561 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    It's a gear/mod check to make sure you should actually be in that tier.

Ain’t THAT the truth. Tried CT1 Ground War with 2/5 toons G11, 1 G12, 1 G10, and 1 R5
    Let’s just say, won’t happen again until full team at least reliced.