Jawa Galactic Challenge

Prev1
Xcien
2436 posts Member
edited September 2021
The current GC is honestly ridiculous, and something not many people will be able to complete (unless you chose to go for Jawas early on for some reason). I understand CG wants to promote roster diversity, but making Jawas the focus of this GC seems mostly ridiculous. Oh, and CG forgot to add 10 Chewpio shards to the prize boxes.

Good luck to everyone on this GC, and hopefully your Jawas are high gear with good mods.
I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.

Replies

• People did it (red box) with g10-11 Jawas and they can do some serious work when modded for protection. I got my golden chest with my ~g9 Jawas and I'm fine with that.
    Maybe just accept that you won't get the red box every single time and move on?
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Legend91 wrote: »
    People did it (red box) with g10-11 Jawas and they can do some serious work when modded for protection. I got my golden chest with my ~g9 Jawas and I'm fine with that.

I’ve accepted I won’t get it, my Jawas aren’t highly geared. And I normally don’t come close to getting red box anyways, so that’s not an issue either. But thanks for the advice, and I’ll have to try that with my Jawas (as soon as I get them geared up).

• Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    uk3yo7qod2k5.jpeg
    h5q2kuid7s5s.jpeg
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    8gn5ekujpm2a.png
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKFdwaXbGpI

My anti-geo team seems to have done just fine.
  • It is fine. I got max crate with g11/g12 jawas. It is always a fun team to have in possession.
  • Got max crate
  • Legend91 wrote: »
    People did it (red box) with g10-11 Jawas and they can do some serious work when modded for protection. I got my golden chest with my ~g9 Jawas and I'm fine with that.
    I think you’re missing his overall point.

GC’s like this promote “roster diversity” while CG refuses to make the gear grind any easier while nerfing current non GL investments to oblivion if they have viability against GL’s.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

GC’s like this promote “roster diversity” while CG refuses to make the gear grind any easier while nerfing current non GL investments to oblivion if they have viability against GL’s.

Exactly. Finally, someone who gets it.

• Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    sloweagle wrote: »
    It is fine. I got max crate with g11/g12 jawas. It is always a fun team to have in possession.

Same. I pushed my jawas from g9 to g11 and got red crate
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Xcien wrote: »

I'm sorry, but I think everyone who chose to ignore the meta and farm and gear their favorite toons should be given an equal and fair chance of getting the same rewards as someone who chased the meta (FO over Jawas)

this is promoting roster diversity, if you were a player that chose jawas over other factions, this is something for you, but if you didn't, hopefully next GC is more appealing to where your roster is

If they are going to give every faction a GC, it promotes roster diversity, and it implies that you won't be getting the red crate every GC, the fact that you can clear this and the previous Ewok GC with a mix of g12/g11 means they are at least not super difficult for those with low gear jawas to get the second max crate (or the max crate if you are close to g11)
  • I’m having trouble with it and my jawas should be alright. How do you guys get around Droideka? Without a way to dispel the damage immunity am I just at the mercy of hoping a stun lands on DD?
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Ultra wrote: »

I'm sorry, but I think everyone who chose to ignore the meta and farm and gear their favorite toons should be given an equal and fair chance of getting the same rewards as someone who chased the meta (FO over Jawas)

this is promoting roster diversity, if you were a player that chose jawas over other factions, this is something for you, but if you didn't, hopefully next GC is more appealing to where your roster is

If they are going to give every faction a GC, it promotes roster diversity, and it implies that you won't be getting the red crate every GC, the fact that you can clear this and the previous Ewok GC with a mix of g12/g11 means they are at least not super difficult for those with low gear jawas to get the second max crate (or the max crate if you are close to g11)

This is the point. What Ultra said.

If you spend your time chasing the meta and going for galactic legends then your reward is having those characters. If you spend time on working on jawas, then this one event that happens once every two months is your reward.

This box is going to be gold if you didn’t work on jawas. That’s okay. My box—if I can get around the annoying Droideka >:| —will be red.
  • NicWester wrote: »
    I’m having trouble with it and my jawas should be alright. How do you guys get around Droideka? Without a way to dispel the damage immunity am I just at the mercy of hoping a stun lands on DD?

Use Dathcha lead, and hope your jawa or Dathcha land a stun or ability block. Or if you are lucky enough earlier with 4 jawas vs DDK, you might be able to bomb him. I modded for full protection, and then keep trying, lol. I think I got it after 4-5 attempts when DDK got an ability block and was destructed earlier on.
  • Wed_Santa
    931 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    sloweagle wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    I’m having trouble with it and my jawas should be alright. How do you guys get around Droideka? Without a way to dispel the damage immunity am I just at the mercy of hoping a stun lands on DD?

Use Dathcha lead, and hope your jawa or Dathcha land a stun or ability block. Or if you are lucky enough earlier with 4 jawas vs DDK, you might be able to bomb him. I modded for full protection, and then keep trying, lol. I think I got it after 4-5 attempts when DDK got an ability block and was destructed earlier on.

My Jawas are very low gear - g8/9 - so I tried a different strategy - Nebit lead, engineer modded to go first, uses recalibrate to bring Jawa in for the stun. With a good roll 3 stuns and it becomes doable - at least up to Tier 8 or so. Then the 71k team feels a bit underpowered :-)
  • Ravens1113 wrote: »

Sure, but I'm pretty sure CG's point here with the creation of GCs is to 1) Diversify your roster as a whole for other modes like conquest, and 2) Give the whales farming goals that are not just the newest play toy.
    Yes, the gear crunch is still terrible, but CG isn't forcing you to gear these characters 🤷. If you don't want to gear them, then you don't get max crate. I'm only getting crate #8 on this one, but there are plenty others that I max in one battle. Just the luck of the draw, and gives me incentive to level up Jawas in the future (they really are a fun faction). Nothing really ridiculous about it, other than a few people's outrage that I guess CG shouldn't promote old character farms?
  • I actually like this jawa one and the ewoks one last time. I felt my broad roster getting rewarded. Most f2p hoard and don’t develop broad roster, I aim for GP and collections, and never hoard. So for once, I feel my way of f2p is getting rewarded. So far I have got max crate of all GC except those requiring new marquee toons.
  • I’m not wasting materials or time on a squad like this for a one time event. This is for the 1% whalers or the people with the time to remod and try hour after hour for a little RNG on some stuns sticking.
  • Ultra wrote: »

Saying things like “ It’s to promote roster diversity, which is good”, while the DAY ONE gear grinds still exist, and it takes so long to farm passion projects for things not META, when it is very easy to “lose time” on jumping on the new shiny, is COMPLETELY asinine. Come ON Ultra.
  • Not having enough luck. Dathcha lead helped, but there's still too much RNG needed (which I only mention because I'm using 3 g12 and 2 g11--It's a bad game where you can be THAT outclassed and win without a lot of randomness breaking your way.) so I'm getting the gold box and calling it a day.

Bottom line--I really enjoyed this event. I worked on my jawas to counter geonosians in GAC (Yes, there are other counters--but those teams are good against other teams, while even g12/11 jawas are good against Geonosians, so they free a more versatile team for another counter) and I'm nearly at the point where I can do another fun team. I won't relic them, but at least the basic g12 gear should do the trick next time.
  • Mephisto_style
    5724 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    NicWester wrote: »
    Not having enough luck. Dathcha lead helped, but there's still too much RNG needed (which I only mention because I'm using 3 g12 and 2 g11--It's a bad game where you can be THAT outclassed and win without a lot of randomness breaking your way.) so I'm getting the gold box and calling it a day.

Bottom line--I really enjoyed this event. I worked on my jawas to counter geonosians in GAC (Yes, there are other counters--but those teams are good against other teams, while even g12/11 jawas are good against Geonosians, so they free a more versatile team for another counter) and I'm nearly at the point where I can do another fun team. I won't relic them, but at least the basic g12 gear should do the trick next time.

Rey j scav nebit engineer have TW, GAC, and cpit value. If you have Rey the 3 main Jawas are not bad decisions
    https://youtu.be/yvjaqTf9Ac8
    https://youtu.be/ToP6DqOf90s
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »

Saying things like “ It’s to promote roster diversity, which is good”, while the DAY ONE gear grinds still exist, and it takes so long to farm passion projects for things not META, when it is very easy to “lose time” on jumping on the new shiny, is COMPLETELY asinine. Come ON Ultra.

That is pretty much my issue. I’m stuck trying to decide if I want to go for a GL or to build out my roster, and the recent changes seem to be pushing me closer towards GL farm if I want to survive in GAC/Arena and help my guild in TW. While I’d love to spend time on working on Jawas, between my current farms, I can’t take off time to work on factions that don’t lead to Journey Characters or GLs, especially since I’m F2P.

• Xcien wrote: »
    Good luck to everyone on this GC, and hopefully your Jawas are high gear with good mods.
    Not mine. :D
    670jnplcab78.png
  • Xcien wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »

That is pretty much my issue. I’m stuck trying to decide if I want to go for a GL or to build out my roster, and the recent changes seem to be pushing me closer towards GL farm if I want to survive in GAC/Arena and help my guild in TW. While I’d love to spend time on working on Jawas, between my current farms, I can’t take off time to work on factions that don’t lead to Journey Characters or GLs, especially since I’m F2P.

Now that you've said this... Next GL: Season 3 Mando, with all Jawas required at R8.
  • If I remember, I completed this and got the red box with four 7* Jawa's at G8 or 9 and jawa engineer at 6* G8! Its called being tactical - or I just got lucky with RNG but I did it several times as I couldn't believe it!
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    FofoBett wrote: »
    If I remember, I completed this and got the red box with four 7* Jawa's at G8 or 9 and jawa engineer at 6* G8! Its called being tactical - or I just got lucky with RNG but I did it several times as I couldn't believe it!

That's being ridiculously lucky with RNG if this is legitimate. Even Skelturix took many tries with g11 and I trust his mods.
  • ne_alenska
    120 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Jaws was not new character, don't complaint everything.
    I did relic the pig already, hope it will be use for next event. XD
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    FofoBett wrote: »
    If I remember, I completed this and got the red box with four 7* Jawa's at G8 or 9 and jawa engineer at 6* G8! Its called being tactical - or I just got lucky with RNG but I did it several times as I couldn't believe it!

Congratulations! That is truly amazing!