Should I even think about a GL at this stage?

Hi guys,

I started a couple of months ago and I really liked the Mandalorian series so I wanted to go for Bando. So I obviously did not follow any farming guides or paths. I'm just waiting on 7* IG-11 before I can unlock Bando.

I decided to farm Geos on the side and that has kind of taken priority as it seems a better squad arena team at the moment.

So my question is should I pick a GL and go for it? G12 pieces are hard to farm for me so also Relic priority would be a great help if you could suggest that to me. Just general advice and your thoughts on where I should go from here.

https://swgoh.gg/p/118596874/characters/ if this helps.

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• First question, how is your guild doing? I see it's 200m gp which is good, but how many stars are they getting on DS Geo TB and are they doing LS Geo? With your Geos you should be able to get a Wat shard each month for them. With this, how close are you to getting Han Solo and General Kenobi from the raids (how many shards of each do you have?).

To your question about whether to go for a GL now, I would say no, as you will want to build out your roster a bit more otherwise you will just get bored on the GL grind. Since you are a HDB though, I would suggest going for SLKR when you do decide.

Fleet: Keep focusing on those Geos, you probably don't need to gear them any higher than where they are now. Farm that Vulture Droid to 7* and start farming Hyena Bomber if you haven't already. You can aim to get Malevolence as your GET2 capital ship when you have enough currency (DON'T SPEND ANY OF YOUR GET1 OR GET2 CURRENCY ON GEAR).

There are two options I see you could go for your Arena team, 1) CLS or 2) Padme:

CLS
    • Easy to unlock especially with HDB
    • You already are building a good BH team that will make getting 7* Chewie easy
    • Han you will get from Raids
    • Farm Chewpio (Threepio & Chewie) now if you plan to go for this team
    • C3PO makes this team great, but requires ewoks so is a longer farm
    • Using Cara as a 5th rebel there might be okay for Arena

Padme
    • You can get her 7* now using Geos, just auto the battle tbh
    • Put Ahsoka and JKA with her, plus GMY
    • You will get GK from the guild raids
    • This team is not as good as the CLS team, but is quite solid especially with a 7* GK

Both teams require like 5 zetas, so no difference there

Normally I wouldn't recommend CLS early, but because you've already built BH that should be able to easily get Chewie at 7*, it might not be a bad idea (plus Chewpio was recently acerbated to double shard drops)
  • @Intimmydation Thanks for the reply.

1. Guild - I've got 10 shards of WAT atm. I do have enough shards to unlock Han 5* but for GP purposes I have not unlocked him just yet. I am close to GK being unlocked also. I'm not 100% sure on the stars we are getting I'm thinking its between 15-18. Should it be more than that?

2. Ok so SLKR would be my best choice? Should I wait to start farming them for a little later on? I assume its a long long road.

3. I know I should start farming those two ships. They just look so unappealing to farm! On a side note, I kind of save up my crystals to buy gear for G12 pieces or just gearing certain characters a bit faster. Should I be using my crystals for refreshes only? I get about 400-500 from Fleet & Arena together. Thoughts on how to spend my crystals efficiently?

4. CLS - I like how that teams seems to play. Could be very enjoyable. Is C3P0 a must have? I have read how hard the event is and hard the ewok farm is. Regarding Chewbacca, my BH team will need Bossk. I'm getting destroyed in T6 of the event. I want to avoid gearing my BH anymore (except Bossk) as I won't be using team after I get Chewbacca. With Chewpio accelerated the CLS team doesn't seem to hard of a farm as before imo.

Again thanks for the advice.

P.S your guide is brilliant. Keep up the good work!
  • 1. Guild - I've got 10 shards of WAT atm. I do have enough shards to unlock Han 5* but for GP purposes I have not unlocked him just yet. I am close to GK being unlocked also. I'm not 100% sure on the stars we are getting I'm thinking its between 15-18. Should it be more than that?

I'd say 10 shards per DS Geo TB in a 200m guild is kind of low. Were you able to do the mission yourself or not yet? I'd at least stay in the guild until you know you can beat it, shouldn't be hard but you should watch some guides, and then if you are only getting 15-18 stars and 10 Wat shards, I'd try to look for something 250m+ gp.
    2. Ok so SLKR would be my best choice? Should I wait to start farming them for a little later on? I assume its a long long road.
    Look into the ship requirements to get Finalizer for SLKR. You need need at 7* FOTF, HT, Kylo's Shuttle, Slave I, TIE Silencer, TIE Advanced and Xanadu Blood. You will have about 1/2 of them at 5* already from HDB, so you are 50% completed on those, but Kylo's shuttle will be a long farm. FOTF can be purchased using GW tokens, Silencer is fast via Cantina on the same node as KRU, and the others are a mixed bag. If you plan to go SLKR, see how you can start to fit these into your farm schedule as they will take longer than the characters (shards at least). You also have a lot of the SLKR required characters at 5* already from HDB, and many should be fast farms via cantina energy or store purchases, but there are a couple slower ones. The hardest part is all the required relic levels, which is why it's better to stabilize the roster a bit first so you can actually enjoy the game instead of just grinding for this. I'd say it's 8-9 months at least from when you start, even with HDB and that is with laser focus.
    3. I know I should start farming those two ships. They just look so unappealing to farm! On a side note, I kind of save up my crystals to buy gear for G12 pieces or just gearing certain characters a bit faster. Should I be using my crystals for refreshes only? I get about 400-500 from Fleet & Arena together. Thoughts on how to spend my crystals efficiently?
    They are unappealing, but if you go for Malevolence, they are absolutely needed for that fleet. If you decide to go for Padme instead of CLS, then you could work on a GR fleet instead and go for Negotiator, but since your Geo pilots are already g12+ then it's very easy to flip to Malev. For crystals, you should use all the cheap refreshes 3x a day if you can afford it (normal yellow energy 3x = 150 crystals, fleet energy and mod energy), then if you can afford and depending on your farms, you can use some to refresh cantina energy. In general, using crystals for energy refreshes and farming is more efficient than buying gear directly. There are a couple pieces of gear that are good values, but most are not. That's 450 crystals a day if you refresh 3x the normal, fleet and mod energy...so that can be afforded easily, then maybe 1 or 2 cantina refreshes (don't forget you also get ~160 crystals a day from daily activity completion).
    4. CLS - I like how that teams seems to play. Could be7 very enjoyable. Is C3P0 a must have? I have read how hard the event is and hard the ewok farm is. Regarding Chewbacca, my BH team will need Bossk. I'm getting destroyed in T6 of the event. I want to avoid gearing my BH anymore (except Bossk) as I won't be using team after I get Chewbacca. With Chewpio accelerated the CLS team doesn't seem to hard of a farm as before imo.
    CLS is VERY enjoyable, I use it on my main account and absolutely love it. Like I said I wouldn't really recommend to go for it early, but based on how you've built your account it can be done. C3PO isn't needed per se, but you will see a huge step up once you have him on that team. In the meantime you can use R2 or Cara.
    P.S your guide is brilliant. Keep up the good work!

Thanks for the feedback
  • TheDinDjarin
    10 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    I'd say 10 shards per DS Geo TB in a 200m guild is kind of low. Were you able to do the mission yourself or not yet? I'd at least stay in the guild until you know you can beat it, shouldn't be hard but you should watch some guides, and then if you are only getting 15-18 stars and 10 Wat shards, I'd try to look for something 250m+ gp.

I just had to get SunFac to 16,000GP (Im at 15,900) and I can start the mission. I'll watch/read some guides to get the strategy/mods right and I should be able to complete it.
    Look into the ship requirements to get Finalizer for SLKR. You need need at 7* FOTF, HT, Kylo's Shuttle, Slave I, TIE Silencer, TIE Advanced and Xanadu Blood. You will have about 1/2 of them at 5* already from HDB, so you are 50% completed on those, but Kylo's shuttle will be a long farm. FOTF can be purchased using GW tokens, Silencer is fast via Cantina on the same node as KRU, and the others are a mixed bag. If you plan to go SLKR, see how you can start to fit these into your farm schedule as they will take longer than the characters (shards at least). You also have a lot of the SLKR required characters at 5* already from HDB, and many should be fast farms via cantina energy or store purchases, but there are a couple slower ones. The hardest part is all the required relic levels, which is why it's better to stabilize the roster a bit first so you can actually enjoy the game instead of just grinding for this. I'd say it's 8-9 months at least from when you start, even with HDB and that is with laser focus.

Yeah I was thinking I was a long way off one especially with the Relic Requirements. So a better overall roster will in turn get me access to a better guild and then I get more resources from that I assume.

They are unappealing, but if you go for Malevolence, they are absolutely needed for that fleet. If you decide to go for Padme instead of CLS, then you could work on a GR fleet instead and go for Negotiator, but since your Geo pilots are already g12+ then it's very easy to flip to Malev. For crystals, you should use all the cheap refreshes 3x a day if you can afford it (normal yellow energy 3x = 150 crystals, fleet energy and mod energy), then if you can afford and depending on your farms, you can use some to refresh cantina energy. In general, using crystals for energy refreshes and farming is more efficient than buying gear directly. There are a couple pieces of gear that are good values, but most are not. That's 450 crystals a day if you refresh 3x the normal, fleet and mod energy...so that can be afforded easily, then maybe 1 or 2 cantina refreshes (don't forget you also get ~160 crystals a day from daily activity completion).

Yeah I think I'm going to go for Malevolence. I already have the 3 Geos so I really just need to get the Vulture & Hyena to complete that lineup. Seems the most sensible option.

For the mod energy is that for slicing materials/mods alone or mix?

Fleet energy - So I don't have a pure farming path just yet. I was think Darth Revan is cool and might try to farm him. So i've just been farming Carth Unasi & SunFac ship atm. What should I focus my refreshes on?

I should have enough crystals left over after those 3 refreshes for maybe some cantina refreshes.
    CLS is VERY enjoyable, I use it on my main account and absolutely love it. Like I said I wouldn't really recommend to go for it early, but based on how you've built your account it can be done. C3PO isn't needed per se, but you will see a huge step up once you have him on that team. In the meantime you can use R2 or Cara.

I think I'll aim for this so. I probably will go with Cara/R2 whichever works best. I think my C3PO farm will be a very casual thing.

• As a brand new player of only a couple months........

I might seriously look into SEE instead of SLKR.

If only because Finalizer required ships is going to be a LONG grind for you.

The single TIE Bomber to 6* for SEE will go much faster than 7 ships @ 7* followed by a long grind of Finalizer at only 20 shards a month max.

GLs came out after I was playing for over a year so I already had 6/7 of the Finalizer ships so for me SLKR was easier, but as a new player, I think SEE might be a better option.

Honestly any GL will be a HUGE grind, but he toons needed for SEE will end up giving you "most" of a couple of very usable squads. Where as the 2 FO squads are sort of "meh" w/o the GL added.
  • @TheDinDjarin

You don't even need great mods for the mission, and if you have most at g12 you should be fine. Just watch the guides, trick is to keep the enemies with AOEs ability blocked at all times while killing them off.

Mods: You can alternate between mods (tier 3 of the mod challenges for 5* mods) and slicing materials. Normally I will farm up a ton of mods and then start to level them trying to find the ones I want to keep (i.e. must have speed as a secondary and usually 2-3 other good stats). Then when I find ones I want to slice, I'll use the slicing mats. I try to keep like 150 of each slicing material on hand for when I level and slice my mods (like once a week).

Fleet energy: Yeah you could start farming some of the Revan reqs, but remember you'll need need JKR & DR to get Malak. DR & Malak together I would say is an equal team to the full CLS one (and better than Padme). So I would just pick 1 of those 3 teams to aim for before a GL, but don't try to farm pieces of the other teams you arent fully dedicated to.

Farming of the ewok shards are easy, but you should start buying Logray from the guild store now when you see him, and probably farm Wicket's node (you also get mk5 stun guns there) when you can. The difficulty for C3PO is having to waste gear on Ewoks who are not a great team in order to get him at 7*. They aren't TERRIBLE to gear, but they will take pieces you'd rather put on other characters.
  • Just quit. You'll never catch up at this point unfortunately unless you want to spend ~ $1000
  • SWGOH is not a new player friendly game...
    A GL cost between 1000 and 2000 $...

And you can't be sure that EA Capital Game don't change the rule and nerf drastically your GL
    Y a un n*a*z*i qui a changé mon nom sans rien me dire...
  • Hi guys,

I started a couple of months ago and I really liked the Mandalorian series so I wanted to go for Bando. So I obviously did not follow any farming guides or paths. I'm just waiting on 7* IG-11 before I can unlock Bando.

I decided to farm Geos on the side and that has kind of taken priority as it seems a better squad arena team at the moment.

So my question is should I pick a GL and go for it? G12 pieces are hard to farm for me so also Relic priority would be a great help if you could suggest that to me. Just general advice and your thoughts on where I should go from here.

https://swgoh.gg/p/118596874/characters/ if this helps.

Thanks in advance.

Just go for what you fancy, there is no good time to go for a GL (rey, kylo or emperor are solid choices for a first GL), several strategies are valid. Just don’t relic anyone (stop at g12 or g13) until you have a little more experience in the game, so you won’t make mistakes that will hurt you in gac.
    Don’t worry about catching up. You’re not supposed to catch up in this game as you’re not in competition with older accounts. Just enjoy the ride; you have quite a few years of content to explore ahead of you.
    About guilds, there are 2 options: 1) a good guild where people will be stronger than you. You will have better rewards but will enjoy the guild content less. Raids will be simmed and you won’t contribute so much in tb/tw, 2) a guild at your level. Your progression will be slower but you will enjoy the guild content much more.
  • SWGOH is not a new player friendly game...

And you can't be sure that EA Capital Game don't change the rule and nerf drastically your GL

a GL costs nothing. Please dont yell around such false comments/facts. Some people might believe you.
  • Larx wrote: »
    SWGOH is not a new player friendly game...

a GL costs nothing. Please dont yell around such false comments/facts. Some people might believe you.

For new players, that's about right if you buy the crystals and gear and shards from the store. GLs are not at all free for NEW players.
  • AEfaitdelaheureuse
    22 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Larx wrote: »
    SWGOH is not a new player friendly game...

Nice troll but a new player can't have a GL without pay with real money and each GL cost between 1000 and 2000$. It's a fact. Especially if he is not in the top pvp' ranking. Or, it will take more than one or two years to have it... If he's lucky.

And of course, at the end of a year, his GL will be totally outdated because CG needs to sell more so will get big nerves or big up some GLs to sell the new GLs ...
    Y a un n*a*z*i qui a changé mon nom sans rien me dire...
  • There are 2 resources in the game: time and money. If you choose time, everything is free. Yes, it will take maybe a year or two to get a GL for free for a new player. So what ? You compete against other new players anyway, and in gac you compete against players who used about the same resources as you did.