Kit Reveal: Lord Vader

Replies

• I'll never understand this. We have to relic all these crappy characters just to unlock Lord Vader but then he has zero synergy with any of them.
    It’s pretty straightforward
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Needs a buff/nerf!!!

v8mip75d81gl.gif
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    eg2ce0qhsp9t.png

Also curious if its just 1% charge or 60% charge at 60 stacks of Underestimated
  • I'll never understand this. We have to relic all these crappy characters just to unlock Lord Vader but then he has zero synergy with any of them.

The only really crappy character in that lineup is Tusken Raider, and the most wasteful R8 Count Dooku otherwise the rest have their uses and can work being part of or building up teams, id say so far LV has the most consistent character reqs of all GLs in my eyes.
  • For each stack of Underestimated, this ability deals 2.5% more damage, and all Dark Side allies gain 1% Mastery (stacking) until the end of the encounter.

The wording here is a little ambiguous, do Dark Side allies gain a flat 1% or is it 1% per stack of Underestimated? I assume it's the former?

1% per stack of Underestimated.
  • Ultimate Charge: Lord Vader gains Ultimate Charge when he uses Dark Harbinger and when debuffed Dark Side allies receive damage he gains 2% Ultimate Charge, increased to 3% if that ally was an Unaligned Force User.

@CG_Doja_Fett_MINI , is the 2nd part of LV’s Ultimate Charge - charge on debuffed allies taking damage - dependent on LV being the Leader? It’s also present in the Lead text, but unlike SEE/JMK there’s no mention of him needing to be in the Leader slot in the actual Ultimate.
  • Kiaowew wrote: »
    When will the event start?

After the game update, which should be today.
  • TargetEadu wrote: »
    Ultimate Charge: Lord Vader gains Ultimate Charge when he uses Dark Harbinger and when debuffed Dark Side allies receive damage he gains 2% Ultimate Charge, increased to 3% if that ally was an Unaligned Force User.

@CG_Doja_Fett_MINI , is the 2nd part of LV’s Ultimate Charge - charge on debuffed allies taking damage - dependent on LV being the Leader? It’s also present in the Lead text, but unlike SEE/JMK there’s no mention of him needing to be in the Leader slot in the actual Ultimate.

Yes, it's dependent on him being the leader.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Whenever a Dark Side ally loses a buff, Empire and Dark Side Unaligned Force User allies gain 1% Mastery (stacking) until the end of encounter

a low relic toon with 10 mastery gets +0.01 mastery each time they lose a buff?
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    Ultimate Charge: Lord Vader gains Ultimate Charge when he uses Dark Harbinger and when debuffed Dark Side allies receive damage he gains 2% Ultimate Charge, increased to 3% if that ally was an Unaligned Force User.

Outside of his lead, he can only gain ult charge through his special
  • @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI Sooooo when are we going to see Royal Guard's rework ingame? Today along with the LV update?
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    For each stack of Underestimated, this ability deals 2.5% more damage, and all Dark Side allies gain 1% Mastery (stacking) until the end of the encounter.

The wording here is a little ambiguous, do Dark Side allies gain a flat 1% or is it 1% per stack of Underestimated? I assume it's the former?

1% per stack of Underestimated.

Oh my. So when LV is at 60 stacks, they gain 60% Mastery. How nice.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • I guess another question - can LV’s Cooldown Increase be Resisted? It doesn’t say it can, but I think in the test video Maul managed to land a Cooldown Increase on CAT through Tenacity Up, so I’m not sure if that’s unlabeled or not.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    TargetEadu wrote: »
    I guess another question - can LV’s Cooldown Increase be Resisted? It doesn’t say it can, but I think in the test video Maul managed to land a Cooldown Increase on CAT through Tenacity Up, so I’m not sure if that’s unlabeled or not.

If true, either Maul is bugged or text description is
  • Kiaowew wrote: »
    When will the event start?

After the game update, which should be today.

Lets be real here, all we wanna see is RG update, any info on that? As a wild RG supporter I gotta know how my regal red friend is going to get even better.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Slightly disappointed that LV’s Ultimate doesn’t turn himself into Vader. That would have been great.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • I can't figure out what the animation for UNSHACKLED EMOTIONS is referring to.
    If it is a choke, I don't remember the following explosion.
  • Special synergy with a character completely unrelated to him lol. Why can't we just be representative of the star wars universe? Why is it always money over everything?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Creme wrote: »
    Special synergy with a character completely unrelated to him lol. Why can't we just be representative of the star wars universe? Why is it always money over everything?

That has never been the primary goal of the game, the original dev statements were quite the opposite, about placing toons side by side that were enemies or never even alive together.

This is a game about a game, inside a cantina, that is in the SW Universe.
  • TargetEadu wrote: »
    I guess another question - can LV’s Cooldown Increase be Resisted? It doesn’t say it can, but I think in the test video Maul managed to land a Cooldown Increase on CAT through Tenacity Up, so I’m not sure if that’s unlabeled or not.

The cooldown increase from his Special 2 (Unshackled Emotions) while he has Ashes of the Republic can't be resisted, no. And his abilities in general can't be evaded.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Special synergy with a character completely unrelated to him lol. Why can't we just be representative of the star wars universe? Why is it always money over everything?

That has never been the primary goal of the game, the original dev statements were quite the opposite, about placing toons side by side that were enemies or never even alive together.

yet they never let me play against that Hutt with my own fleet. Monsters.
  • Kyno wrote: »

Correct, hence Teebo and Qui Gon teaming up to defeat Rancor.
  • Reading LVs kit and mauls kit. It seems intended that maul fighting JMK is intended to counter CAT's turn one annihlate. Considering JMK's AI specifically passes cd reduction and damage immunity to cat as the start, and consequently tenacity up.

How is that going to work for maul, who can be faster than CAT under LV, and starts with max anguish ( to ignore taunt, and increase CD) but mauls skills does not say the cd increase is unresistable, So using it on CAT who will have tenacity up, will result in the cd increase being resisted. Am I just missing a piece of the puzzle?

Fyi LV looks real fun, and I'm super excited to unlock him. Thanks for all your hard work Devs and community managers alike!
  • How do Cooldown Increases work then? For a long time they were considered Irresistable by default, back when it was just Nihilus and JKR. Then Nute’s rework came along with a CD Increase that could be Resisted, and it was marked as WAI and other instances of CD Increase were marked as “can’t be Resisted”.

Now some can be Resisted, or are described as such (Nute… maybe just Nute) and others explicitly can’t be Resisted (Nihilus, GAS, Traya, JML, etc).

But now Maul and LV can both perform CD Increase, and neither are marked as Irresistable but both seem to be so. Maybe it’s just a lack of “can’t be Resisted” clauses (which are also missing from a lot of the new Data Disks).
  • Drim
    359 posts Member
    I’ll be disappointed if the team completely fails without maul… Cat was so much easier to unlock
  • 0Nox0 wrote: »
    Reading LVs kit and mauls kit. It seems intended that maul fighting JMK is intended to counter CAT's turn one annihlate. Considering JMK's AI specifically passes cd reduction and damage immunity to cat as the start, and consequently tenacity up.

How is that going to work for maul, who can be faster than CAT under LV, and starts with max anguish ( to ignore taunt, and increase CD) but mauls skills does not say the cd increase is unresistable, So using it on CAT who will have tenacity up, will result in the cd increase being resisted. Am I just missing a piece of the puzzle?

Fyi LV looks real fun, and I'm super excited to unlock him. Thanks for all your hard work Devs and community managers alike!

I think the “piece of the puzzle” is Maul’s CD Increase is unresistable. In the test video (or Ahnald’s reaction to the test video), Maul hits a damage immune, Tenacity Upped CAT with his Seething Rage ability before her turn. Only one “Resisted” text popped up, which should be the completely resistable Buff Immunity. Then CAT took a turn and just used her Basic.
  • Missed opportunity if tier 4 or 5 of his event isn't the slaughter of younglings.
  • @CG_Doja_Fett_MINI with Relic 9 coming will Relic 8 mats become more accessible? It’d be a lot cooler if they did
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

Correct, hence Teebo and Qui Gon teaming up to defeat Rancor.

Teebo and Qui Gon need incoming!!!!!