JMK Kit Changes [MERGE]

Prev13
TargetEadu
1550 posts Member
edited September 2021
Jedi Master Kenobi and AI Changes
We have made some additions to Jedi Master Kenobi's abilities and AI:

Unique (May The Force Be With You): While Jedi Master Kenobi has the High Ground, he dispels Stealth from all enemies at the start of his turn.

Ultimate (It's Over): If at the start of battle there was a Light Side Unaligned Force User ally that is also Galactic Republic, all Jedi allies ignore Protection when targeting a Sith enemy and Sith enemies can't counter attack for the rest of battle.

Jedi Master Kenobi's AI has been updated to better interact with his ability to ignore Taunt effects.

In addition to this, we've made some adjustments to all Galactic Legends AI to improve their interactions against certain matchups.

… really? All the backlash against the Great Nerf, and this is where you’re going to go?
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Options
    I presume this is so JMK is not going to be instantly pushed over by LV.
  • Options
    That’s the thing. It’s not.

LV doesn’t gain Stealth (execpt DSUFUs at the start of the battle and Piett). LV doesn’t have Protection. LV doesn’t Counter.

This isn’t to stop LV. This, or at least the last two clauses, are to stop SEE or SEE+Wat or SEE+Armorer. Not sure what the Stealth is for.

Also “Light Side Unaligned Force User who is also Galactic Republic” can literally only refer to CAT.
  • MikKro
    333 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Options
    TargetEadu wrote: »

LV doesn’t gain Stealth (execpt DSUFUs at the start of the battle and Piett). LV doesn’t have Protection. LV doesn’t Counter.

This isn’t to stop LV. This, or at least the last two clauses, are to stop SEE or SEE+Wat or SEE+Armorer. Not sure what the Stealth is for.

Also “Light Side Unaligned Force User who is also Galactic Republic” can literally only refer to CAT.

SEE with acolyte, zombie and sassy. It worked by having them go into stealth and JMK couldn't touch SEE. Unreliable and a GL vs GL counter that could fail in the first 5 seconds if the ai decided to go for assassin but had to be nerfed because why not
  • Options
    Well, that's my SEE down the drain
  • Options
    MikKro wrote: »

SEE with acolyte, zombie and sassy. It worked by having them go into stealth and JMK couldn't touch SEE. Unreliable and a GL vs GL counter that could fail in the first 5 seconds if the ai decided to go for assassin.

… okay that makes sense for them to nerf. The Ultimate Change is still… that will just melt SEE.
  • Options
    CG, why don't you just give us a list of teams that we're allowed to beat JMK with? That way we don't have to use our brains or have any fun with the game, and you don't have to break all the characters to make your new ones better.
  • Options
    Zanir wrote: »
    wait what

was there a stealth update to JMK?

Not a stealth update since they told us about it in the update notes.
  • Options
    The Last hope we have is a new buff to SEE, if not, there is no way any SEE team beats the JMK meta team
  • Options
    The Last hope we have is a new buff to SEE, if not, there is no way any SEE team beats the JMK meta team

No chance he gets a buff when they just nerfed him.

Then its over, i don't know why they even mention that GLs woud be all at the same level if this happening. And i also think that the "fix" about how the JMK AI deals with the taunts will break all SLKR counters, but im not an expert on those teams.
  • Options
    Not sure why they had to drop this right before my arena climb I had to adjust my modding strategy because I really hate the JMK mirror matches.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Options
    Zanir wrote: »
    So, when can people expect full refunds on ability mats and gear on Sith Assassin and NS Acolyte? I assume that's incoming because CG just hugely devalued those toons.

Probably never, knowing CG. They’ll probably just say ‘whale harder to get another GL that can beat JMK.’
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Not sure why they had to drop this right before my arena climb I had to adjust my modding strategy because I really hate the JMK mirror matches.

Every update is "right before" someone's arena climb, but maybe Doja has something against you personally. 😏
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options

there was a zombie acolyte cheese with SEE, since JMK team has no AOEs, you were stuck behind hitting zombie unless you could dispel stealth
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »

Every update is "right before" someone's arena climb, but maybe Doja has something against you personally. 😏

Mine is the only payout that matters though, he should know that by now.
  • Options
    I'm not seeing anything in this buff that prevents the JML and Rey counters. When might we expect those?
  • Options
    Hello,

I’ve been playing since launch and I’m a free to play player with 3 GL’s. SLKR, SEE, and JML. I’m wondering what the intent was behind adding the “bypass protection” and not allowing Sith to counter JMK? I worked for almost two months to 7* and G13 my Armorer to counter JMK with SEE only to have that investment absolutely ripped from me with this change. Lost 10/10 arena matches today AND all my crystal income. Was the intent to stop the SEE/Armorer counter or something upcoming with LV?

My biggest feedback regarding this change is that time is money in this game. As someone who cares deeply for Star Wars and the success of this game, I’m just asking with changes like this that they be communicated early enough so that we avoid that investment that is now null. Every piece of gear counts when chasing GL’s.
  • Options
    On the topic of SEE, the update changed slkr ai to target armorer first instead of wat. My SEE team (see, wat, armorer, malak, Vader/gba) for beating slkr that has worked for the past 6 months isn’t working anymore. Anyone else experiencing this?