JMK Kit Changes [MERGE]

Replies

• Tone_Loc wrote: »
    On the topic of SEE, the update changed slkr ai to target armorer first instead of wat. My SEE team (see, wat, armorer, malak, Vader/gba) for beating slkr that has worked for the past 6 months isn’t working anymore. Anyone else experiencing this?

Seems they updated the AI to make Armour to be a high priority target and to target her first.
  • Hey I made a forum account just to post this.

Thanks for another hit to the worst GL in the game.

Jedi Master Kenobi and AI Changes
    We have made some additions to Jedi Master Kenobi's abilities and AI:
    Unique (May The Force Be With You): While Jedi Master Kenobi has the High Ground, he dispels Stealth from all enemies at the start of his turn.
    Ultimate (It's Over): If at the start of battle there was a Light Side Unaligned Force User ally that is also Galactic Republic, all Jedi allies ignore Protection when targeting a Sith enemy and Sith enemies can't counter attack for the rest of battle.
    Jedi Master Kenobi's AI has been updated to better interact with his ability to ignore Taunt effects."

Just a nice screw you to the players. After making conquest complete garbage you have to throw this in as another nail on the coffin. I came back in December because I was excited about SEE. Every since I've unlocked him the hits keep coming. The game isn't fun anymore. Conquest was enjoyable, now it's trash. I expect if I unlock Lord Vader or Jedi Master Kenobi they'll just eat some nerfs in 6 months when the next GLs come out.

I've spent a decent amount of money over the last 4 or so years but I'm going to uninstall again and not come back. I hope you fix the game before the rest of my friends who still play quit.
  • JibberJabber
    142 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Seems they didn’t like SLKR or SEE to be able to count JMK, so they nerfed them into oblivion. With all the things wrong with this game, this was apparently their number one priority. Kill teams that players invested resources in and poof, it’s all gone.
  • They’re nerfing everything so that JMK and LV dominate. The nerfing of GAS and JKL was just mind numbing.
  • “All GL’s will be on par with eachother”

What a bunch of total lies.
    As a SEE & SLKR owner this completely blows. JMK wasn’t getting countered by a non GL (which they clearly stated was their problem) so why put a stop to SEE & SLKR owners? Ah because their new shiny toy has come out and they love to pull money stunts.. such a shameful company.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    I support this
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Armorer IS a bigger threat than Wat, so its good that they are going for armorer
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Armorer IS a bigger threat than Wat, so its good that they are going for armorer

Armour was used in niche teams people were using to counter JMK. Also the teams **** on defense. The only reason for the change, to target Armour and ignore taunts and Sith protection was to stop teams people were using to counter JMK. It was an intentional change in game play to buff up JMK teams, clear and simple. Seems like the developers didn’t plan on the community finding a counter to JMK so early. So they release an update to cripple the SEE and SLKR counters how many days after his release? Do I get a refund on all the players I geared for the SEE counter?

Okay, now it's confirmed. Ultra has become totally unserious. Nice. Cool. Okay. Great. UNWWWWWWWONDERFULLY helpful.
    Look, this may just come down to a difference of opinion, but Wat is a bigger threat than Armorer
  • Seems like we really **** off the community with the recent player nerfs and conquest. CG “Hold my beer” watch this as we nuke older GL’s.

Okay, now it's confirmed. Ultra has become totally unserious. Nice. Cool. Okay. Great. UNWWWWWWWONDERFULLY helpful.
    Look, this may just come down to a difference of opinion, but Wat is a bigger threat than Armorer
    Nope. This is the real threat.
    hd2hsmywzasp.png
  • JibberJabber
    142 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »

Nope. This is the real threat.
    hd2hsmywzasp.png

They need to update that, as it’s no longer %100 chance to counter. Like maybe %100 to counter depending on the faction you are using and who you maybe fighting against.
  • Why? I mean he was already a hard counter on offense against every other GL even though CG claim they should be on par. And now you buff him on defense as well.
    You talk about the health of the game and at the same time every change you do is actually the complete opposite.
  • ohh it's a simple... PAY for the latest and greatest... or go away... CG has for the longest time only been interested in the Whales... and those that pay just keep encouraging them. By the time a FTP gets the latest, the meta will change and they will be boned again.
  • This is a distraction. Lord vader will crush him to oblivion 2 months after his release. But look they buffed him. What a joke
  • The buffs pretty clearly don’t give any problems to LV. LV doesn’t have Protection to ignore, doesn’t Counter unless RG gives him Retribution, and only Stealths Maul and Friends at the start of battle.
  • Remember a time before GLs when we used to get 2 or so new characters a year that would absolutely dominate the meta due to them being OP?

Well if you haven't figured it out yet, characters are divided into 2 tiers now. GL and non-GL. They won't stop rolling out GLs. 2 years from now there will be at least 10 GLs and there will be a clear pecking order, same as with old toons.

This is just a natural progression of the game. Horrible as it is unfortunately.
  • I love how we actually got the rock/paper/scissors arena that they talked about so many moons ago, yet once the shiny new R8-required GL arrived it became Rock/Paper/Scissors<Nuke.
  • KakashiLord
    91 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    I must admit it’s disheartening. I unlocked my first GL being SEE yesterday and today it’s taken all the excitement from under my feet. I know they have a plan but they seem blind in noticing their changes are making negative impacts on the players, and by extension their revenue. Hell I’ve put my Vader in a back up corner because of his lacking performance lately.
  • Acendr
    4 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    They need to update that, as it’s no longer 100% chance to counter. Like maybe 100% to counter depending on the faction you are using and who you maybe fighting against. how much money you spend

CG should just bite the bullet and put micro transactions straight into the game. Extra ability of “damage immunity” for $8.99. Unless your opponent bought the “damage immunity blocker pack” for $20.99.
    Or they could straight up charge a “victory processing fee” of $3.99 in order to allow us to win a battle.

Greedy scum!
  • So the slkr counter which was working 80/90% of the time on offense (slkr/daka/zombie/wat/hermit) or the alternative line up of (slkr/daka/zombie/treya/hux) are dead in the water.

I’ve gone 0/8 vs jmk this morning.

Super helpful.

Rock/paper/scissors was fine.
    Jmk nukes everything, not so much

Top 30 of my arena are all the exact same team this morning.

Is that to plan?
  • It's almost like they just nerfed a key character on his team (GAS) and they're sticking with their intention to keep the GLs (at least in pairs) relatively balanced. That or maul would have otherwise been part of a non-GL counter and they're nipping that in the bud.

My question is where is the JML buff? He is a tank and his best two DPS just got nerfed (GAS and JML).
  • I was OK with AI changes, having counters depend on stupid AI on defense it's not a very good design. But buffing JMK specifically to stop other GLs countering him it's outrageous. GLs are supposed to be on par with each other... Though it's been common for CG to say one thing and change it at the next month. Vader changing the deal meme totally fits CG...