Pack advertisement

Prev1
Narkny
22 posts Member
edited March 2022
I am getting very frustrated with the amount of advertisements for packs in the game. It literally feels like every time I click on the home button in-game, there's another advertisement for a pack. It's getting quite out of hand. Please limit the pack advertisement amount.
What do you guys think? Do you agree? Disagree? To me, it completely ruins the game experience at this point. It has gone way out of proportion.
Post edited by EA_Mako on

Replies

• BonesRebo
    19 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    As a free 2 play player the ads are ruining the game and making me not even want to log in anymore. I do one thing, like a challenge and every time I go back to the main screen I'm ambushed with a stupid ad for something I'm not going to buy. Stop throwing ads in our face... please, you can ruin your game all you want by "making galactic legends better" or whatever but seriously chill with the ads, its the main reason I don't play raid shadow legends, I login and its probably 50 ads before I can actually do anything. Please give an option to completely disable ads for people who don't want to see them. I shouldnt be ambushed everytime I log in or do any activity. I get that you want my money but I'm just going to stop playing your game and uninstall it. The greed is seriously bad for you game and has ruined it.
    Post edited by Ultra on
  • Zakracoon
    32 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    CG , I understand that part of the game is you advertising packs to get people to cough up cash, but its starting to get ridiculous now i cannot do anything now without a pop up showing and its really making the game a bore to play!
    Post edited by Ultra on
  • Agreed
  • +1

And the Targeted advertising option in Settings does nothing to stop them
  • Yeah the game has become exactly like other chinese gatcha idle games.

Pathetic
  • We should get a pop up to remind us Conquest is running.

That would be popular.
  • Haven't been on the forum in ages. Came here to complain about this. Glad to see others feel the same. It's really getting out of hand. This App no longer feels like a game. It only feels like I'm out at the mall with my wife and kids. Asking me to spend money around every corner I turn.

Godamnit, can't I at least play the game I love(d) in peace anymore??
  • It coming up once when you log in isn't an issue to me, its the fact it comes up every time you go into a new screen section
  • dgree
    520 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    +1

And the Targeted advertising option in Settings does nothing to stop them

they don't need to target anyone. Almost every player's choices now are 1) heavy whaling, 2) serious whaling plus conquest performance, 3) lose. So they know everyone needs the stuff in these packs, and the popups are just a subtle reminder.

Enjoy conquest holotable heroes!
  • +1 it is annoyingly aggressive today. A popup after any taken action. That is really nervewracking.
  • PickNameToidentifYou
    20 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    It looks like they hired some manager from some really bad Buy to Win similar game, cos it started looking like it: no "sorry packs anymore" -> "just put everything together (like BB or zam to LV)" -> add more popup sale windows -> nerf everything that is not Buy to Win -> ...
  • Start game -> pop up -> X -> dailies -> home button -> pop up -> X -> dailies -> home button -> pop up -> X -> dailies -> home button -> pop up -> X -> dailies -> home button -> pop up -> X -> dailies -> home button -> pop up -> X -> 'enjoy' the game by doing your chorequest feats
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Pop ups = content.
  • This is getting out of hand. And a reason I have dropped other games.
  • This is getting out of hand, now there are two (hundred) of them.
  • AlexanderG wrote: »
    Pop ups = content.

Then they have achieved the promised “shipload” of content.
  • pauljamz
    2 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    I understand that there are 12 new packs in the store, but I do not want to see a pop up for every single one by the time I finish my dailies. How about 1 or 2 saying that there are multiple new packs in the store for [enter description here]. I wouldn’t like the only 5 minutes I have to spend in the game every day to be an awful experience.
  • Agreed. They need to stop all these pop ups. I wish I could turn all of them off.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Catote wrote: »
    This is getting out of hand.

Now there are (way more than) two of them.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    It’s gotten out of hand. I log in. *pop up add* I check which events are running, then head back to the main screen. *pop up add* Check shipments, then head to main screen. *pop up add* Sim Challenges. *pop up add* Go to my characters. *pop up add for HDB* Why would I even want the HDB, I’m already lvl 85?
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • NeKryXe
    38 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Is there any way to disable or reduce the insane amount of spam we get everytime we reach the home screen? I already know the place to find the new sales, I don't need to be constantly bombarded with pop up windows with items to sale. Any suggestions to fix it?
    Post edited by Ultra on
  • My suggestion would be to uninstall the game. No more adds
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    RoBane1738 wrote: »
    My suggestion would be to uninstall the game. No more adds

Or bosses.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • NeKryXe wrote: »
    Is there any way to disable or reduce the insane amount of spam we get everytime we reach the home screen? I already know the place to find the new sales, I don't need to be constantly bombarded with pop up windows with items to sale. Any suggestions to fix it?

Not a “fix”, but a popup appears each time you hit the home button. So you can go to Arena or somewhere, hit the home button, close the popup, and repeat until the shop runs out of popups to show you. That way they won’t pop up when you’re busy with something.

… or until the shop updates again.
  • Buy them?
This discussion has been closed.