Gas / jkluke nerf against lightside geo tb

2Next

Replies

• crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    edited September 2021
    I went 4/4 easily and my three mooks all survived this time, but that's because they were geared more. I did JKL, Hyoda, Aayla, QG and Old Ben. It did take a while, but then again it also took a long time pre-nerf when I sent in three randos who died in p1 and it was just Luke and Yoda finishing the thing.

So I think the damage isn't there, but the control still is. Arguably I could've gotten a bit more damage if my other Jedi didn't have mods from 2016/17. Aayla's stuns I think were actually quite useful.

I would say, make sure you have your slow set on him for this and not your fast arena set.
  • crzydroid wrote: »
    I went 4/4 easily and my three mooks all survived this time, but that's because they were geared more. I did JKL, Hyoda, Aayla, QG and Old Ben. It did take a while, but then again it also took a long time pre-nerf when I sent in three randos who died in p1 and it was just Luke and Yoda finishing the thing.

So I think the damage isn't there, but the control still is. Arguably I could've gotten a bit more damage if my other Jedi didn't have mods from 2016/17. Aayla's stuns I think were actually quite useful.

I would say, make sure you have your slow set on him for this and not your fast arena set.

Yeah I used aayla as well, surprisingly useful.

I just don't think there's any point in modding JKL for damage anymore if all he's good for is control / stun.
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    Adoy_IdeJ wrote: »
    crzydroid wrote: »

I just don't think there's any point in modding JKL for damage anymore if all he's good for is control / stun.

I mean, he still does damage, just not as much consistently. I certainly wouldn't say he's only good for control. Pre-nerf I could get crits over 100k on basic with buffs, yeah. He doesn't do that much anymore but is still on par with other good attackers. Don't get me wrong, the nerf deeply saddens me--but I wouldn't say "wet noodle" and wouldn't take damage off of him. It just seems weak in comparison.

It's maybe actually all the more of an argument to have high damage. What else would you give him? Speed for arena, because maybe he is more about control there. But he doesn't really need health or protection. He can take a hit and keeps growing his protection pool even without overly modding it as such.
  • papaofmom
    163 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    well I wouldnt say dont use JKL as a lead but don't expect him to carry phase 1 alone like he used to - needs full team now. Good thing we have been compansated for those changes..oh wait

I mean, he still does damage, just not as much consistently. I certainly wouldn't say he's only good for control. Pre-nerf I could get crits over 100k on basic with buffs, yeah. He doesn't do that much anymore but is still on par with other good attackers. Don't get me wrong, the nerf deeply saddens me--but I wouldn't say "wet noodle" and wouldn't take damage off of him. It just seems weak in comparison.

It's maybe actually all the more of an argument to have high damage. What else would you give him? Speed for arena, because maybe he is more about control there. But he doesn't really need health or protection. He can take a hit and keeps growing his protection pool even without overly modding it as such.

Yeah but he was a beast before, 18 rated... now he's a 12A or PG.
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator

I'm not arguing that he didn't take a huge hit--just I don't see it as him being worthless or a reason to take damage off of him. I still did 4/4. We'll see what the other phases bring.

I'm not arguing that he didn't take a huge hit--just I don't see it as him being worthless or a reason to take damage off of him. I still did 4/4. We'll see what the other phases bring.

Sorry, english is my 4th language, maybe my explanation is missing some subtext or clarity. I'm just saying that he was SO good before, and he just seems a little less up to par. It's just so disappointing considering how brilliant he used to be. I'm not saying he's awful or useless, just less worthy of the AAA status IMO.
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator

Sorry, english is my 4th language, maybe my explanation is missing some subtext or clarity. I'm just saying that he was SO good before, and he just seems a little less up to par. It's just so disappointing considering how brilliant he used to be. I'm not saying he's awful or useless, just less worthy of the AAA status IMO.

Completely agree there.
  • Alexandros21
    35 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    He worked absolutely great for me - very easy 4/4. Maybe learn how to use JKL first my friend

Maybe try not to be condescending "my friend". I managed 4/4 as I stated. I know how to use him, it's a simple computer game, it's not as if it's complicated.

I'm in a guild that gets 30+ stars in LSTB, I'm stating very basically my friend, that his damage is hugely less than it used to be. That's it. It makes it more of a drag and in my opinion reduces his viability as a top tier character.

Wasn’t referring to you as you got a 4/4… was referring to the blatant original post that’ is there just to create a discussion on the nerfs on a baseless reason … mi amigo
  • JerrickKharr87
    934 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    He worked absolutely great for me - very easy 4/4. Maybe learn how to use JKL first my friend

Yeah I use JKL on my JML arena team and have used him to consistently go 4/4 using his lead many times in TB. I know how to use him. He hits super weak now and anyone who says otherwise isn’t being honest. That’s great you’re still going 4/4 but it doesn’t change the fact he’s been incredibly nerfed into a weakling.
  • Alexandros21
    35 posts Member
    edited September 2021

Yeah I use JKL on my JML arena team and have used him to consistently go 4/4 using his lead many times in TB. I know how to use him. He hits super weak now and anyone who says otherwise isn’t being honest. That’s great you’re still going 4/4 but it doesn’t change the fact he’s been incredibly nerfed into a weakling.

No argument here …. Again, I am directly responding to the OP who posted before probably even trying. The matter of fact is - JKL can still get an easy 4/4 in TB. Does he hit less ? Yes. Does it matter in TB if you use the right line up, modding, and strategy ? Not really …

I think weakling is a bit too hard but eh.. I wasnt a fan of the nerfs but I also get annoyed when seeing people post irrational stuff like that