Kit Reveal: Lord Vader

Replies

• You forgot to put an ability "always stay on the floor and can't lose his legs"

I'm surprised he's still vulnerable with burning
    Next GL will have to launch a bunch of pure lava inflicting real damage ten times

:D
  • GRANDOLA wrote: »
    Does the max health effects immunity above 35% stop malek one shoting them? Since they have no protection and just health.

That should be right. I’d be very surprised if they’d let Malak rip through LV’s whole team.

Below 35% though, they’re vulnerable.
  • TargetEadu wrote: »
    0Nox0 wrote: »
    Reading LVs kit and mauls kit. It seems intended that maul fighting JMK is intended to counter CAT's turn one annihlate. Considering JMK's AI specifically passes cd reduction and damage immunity to cat as the start, and consequently tenacity up.

How is that going to work for maul, who can be faster than CAT under LV, and starts with max anguish ( to ignore taunt, and increase CD) but mauls skills does not say the cd increase is unresistable, So using it on CAT who will have tenacity up, will result in the cd increase being resisted. Am I just missing a piece of the puzzle?

Fyi LV looks real fun, and I'm super excited to unlock him. Thanks for all your hard work Devs and community managers alike!

I think the “piece of the puzzle” is Maul’s CD Increase is unresistable. In the test video (or Ahnald’s reaction to the test video), Maul hits a damage immune, Tenacity Upped CAT with his Seething Rage ability before her turn. Only one “Resisted” text popped up, which should be the completely resistable Buff Immunity. Then CAT took a turn and just used her Basic.

Thanks for this info my guy
  • @CG_SBCrumb_MINI are there any plans to bring Darth Bane, Darth Zannah, Darth Malgus and others from the Old Republic and maybe some from new High Republic to SWGOH?
  • The kit is good, emm.. but really just not that good. I didn’t see anything special to amaze me.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Should've given him +1000% offense against Omega

master skywalker, there are too many of them, what are we going to do?
  • I cannot accept that if Lord Vader does less damage than SLKR. Lord Vader should be a solo machine as well. While SLKR does 300k damage if Lord Vader does less than that even 1k this is unacceptable for Lore stand point. He should really be an attacker but not like JMK type of attacker. Like before the nerf GAS type of attacker SLKR type of attacker he should be. For Lore stand point Anakin/Vader is always been the most powerful attacker in every ERA. So if he is unbeatable i don't care that much really but he should do damage like there is no tomorrow. He shouldn't be a Tank like cannot be crit damaged or absorb many hits as he can and win every battle, no he should do highest damages in game. I have been waiting from the beginning just for this character and he should be a massive damage dealer and solo machine.
  • I cannot accept that if Lord Vader does less damage than SLKR. Lord Vader should be a solo machine as well. While SLKR does 300k damage if Lord Vader does less than that even 1k this is unacceptable for Lore stand point. He should really be an attacker but not like JMK type of attacker. Like before the nerf GAS type of attacker SLKR type of attacker he should be. For Lore stand point Anakin/Vader is always been the most powerful attacker in every ERA. So if he is unbeatable i don't care that much really but he should do damage like there is no tomorrow. He shouldn't be a Tank like cannot be crit damaged or absorb many hits as he can and win every battle, no he should do highest damages in game. I have been waiting from the beginning just for this character and he should be a massive damage dealer and solo machine.

Lol that's cute, thinking the game design has anything to do with lore...
  • nikolela
    1 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Very good new legend, just like the old legends. It is a pity that when you buy or shape it, they will change it and make it an unnecessary hero. You no longer know what you are farming in this game.
  • Granolo wrote: »
    I cannot accept that if Lord Vader does less damage than SLKR. Lord Vader should be a solo machine as well. While SLKR does 300k damage if Lord Vader does less than that even 1k this is unacceptable for Lore stand point. He should really be an attacker but not like JMK type of attacker. Like before the nerf GAS type of attacker SLKR type of attacker he should be. For Lore stand point Anakin/Vader is always been the most powerful attacker in every ERA. So if he is unbeatable i don't care that much really but he should do damage like there is no tomorrow. He shouldn't be a Tank like cannot be crit damaged or absorb many hits as he can and win every battle, no he should do highest damages in game. I have been waiting from the beginning just for this character and he should be a massive damage dealer and solo machine.

CG should probably stop referencing lore in character releases and in kit design then. It's a problem of their own making :smile:
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited September 2021
    Granolo wrote: »
    I cannot accept that if Lord Vader does less damage than SLKR. Lord Vader should be a solo machine as well. While SLKR does 300k damage if Lord Vader does less than that even 1k this is unacceptable for Lore stand point. He should really be an attacker but not like JMK type of attacker. Like before the nerf GAS type of attacker SLKR type of attacker he should be. For Lore stand point Anakin/Vader is always been the most powerful attacker in every ERA. So if he is unbeatable i don't care that much really but he should do damage like there is no tomorrow. He shouldn't be a Tank like cannot be crit damaged or absorb many hits as he can and win every battle, no he should do highest damages in game. I have been waiting from the beginning just for this character and he should be a massive damage dealer and solo machine.

CG should probably stop referencing lore in character releases and in kit design then. It's a problem of their own making :smile:

Individuals or elements in a kit being inspired by lore is different than interactions or power levels of or between characters sticking to lore. That is the part of the game that has never been a goal, and has been stated as such.

A strictly lore based game would be quite boring.
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Kyno wrote: »

Individuals or elements in a kit being inspired by lore is different than interactions or power levels of or between characters sticking to lore. That is the part of the game that has never been a goal, and has been stated as such.

He has Attacker tag but without Darth Vader he can't deal damage enough to defeat any GL . Look at SLKR he is the damage dealer in his team and does massive damage like 300k. Lord Vader/Anakin is a brutal attacker form 5 Djem So user. He should be doing more damage than SLKR there is nothing to discuss. Rework fix it whatever it is just make him an ATTACKER not a TANK in the team. FIX THIS.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

He has Attacker tag but without Darth Vader he can't deal damage enough to defeat any GL . Look at SLKR he is the damage dealer in his team and does massive damage like 300k. Lord Vader/Anakin is a brutal attacker form 5 Djem So user. He should be doing more damage than SLKR there is nothing to discuss. Rework fix it whatever it is just make him an ATTACKER not a TANK in the team. FIX THIS.

I have no experience with him but if he isn't doing enough damage without DV, maybe use him with DV?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

If your reason why he should do more damage than SLKR is based on lore, then there is a few things to discuss. One being that this is not a lore based game, if it were it would be boring as there are some characters that in a 5v5 situation would just dominate even in a 1v5. So unfortunately, that is not a great argument for a video game.

If you mean that certain team compositions do better than others and you would like that to be less of the case, then there are still things to discuss, but that is a root element of the game and not likely to change.

As with other releases, there may be teams that do better or even "require" toons to be at the top of the meta, and we will have to wait and see how this plays out.
    Creme wrote: »
    Special synergy with a character completely unrelated to him lol. Why can't we just be representative of the star wars universe? Why is it always money over everything?

That has never been the primary goal of the game, the original dev statements were quite the opposite, about placing toons side by side that were enemies or never even alive together.

This is a game about a game, inside a cantina, that is in the SW Universe.

Correct, hence Teebo and Qui Gon teaming up to defeat Rancor.

But was that interaction/"team up" really intended by the devs? Or was that the result of the player base's theorycrafting?

For the most part, the game has erred on the side of making interactions make sense, even if that was never a stated objective. That's why, I thought at least, faction synergy was introduced. All of a sudden we had kits working together in a way that was indicative of the SW universe, looking at you JTR resistance, CLS rebels, and palp empire. The game went from individual units with kits where you decide who to put together, to built out faction synergy made of characters that at least existed and interacted together elsewhere in the SW universe, now to random, unrelated characters specifically designed to work together. It's one thing if the kits were developed and designed separately and the player base went woah these complement each other. It's another thing to specifically design them to work together.

Historically, you guys have done a good job trying to make things make sense, until someone comes up with an idea that will encourage people to spend even more. And that's where my complaint lies. There was no reason to design maul to specifically buff new vader, who's reqs are already stupid steep, then essentially lock maul behind this new grindy, paywall version of conquest other than the fact that these decisions all piled up would generate more revenue from the big spenders. I'm nowhere near vader, so this isn't about me not getting the new shiniest thing. I couldn't care less. But some of my guild mates were really looking forward to getting vader until this maul interaction and conquest changes came through. You keep pushing people away to just milk that money and people are getting really tired of it, but I'm sure you guys have metrics on that.

If your reason why he should do more damage than SLKR is based on lore, then there is a few things to discuss. One being that this is not a lore based game, if it were it would be boring as there are some characters that in a 5v5 situation would just dominate even in a 1v5. So unfortunately, that is not a great argument for a video game.

If you mean that certain team compositions do better than others and you would like that to be less of the case, then there are still things to discuss, but that is a root element of the game and not likely to change.

As with other releases, there may be teams that do better or even "require" toons to be at the top of the meta, and we will have to wait and see how this plays out.

the OP wasn't referencing lore. Was referencing his tags and roles as defined by CG.
    Special synergy with a character completely unrelated to him lol. Why can't we just be representative of the star wars universe? Why is it always money over everything?

That has never been the primary goal of the game, the original dev statements were quite the opposite, about placing toons side by side that were enemies or never even alive together.

What you said is simply a get out of jail free card in situations like these. When they constantly pump out new characters inspired by and fairly true to lore, one can't help but to think, "oh this is a star wars game that complements and is mostly parallel to the star wars universe." Just look at all the OR releases and the introduction of faction synergy. As the power creep has progressed, they've always made the strongest interactions make sense. I can get passed the unrelated reqs to even unlock LV. But the motivation behind the special maul design and mechanics along with paywalled conquest is clear as day.

"But they said..." sure, but look at what they've actually done over the last few years.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

the OP wasn't referencing lore. Was referencing his tags and roles as defined by CG.

They referenced quite a few things, actually, but tags don't override team synergy.

I don't want Anakin/Lord Vader to be unbeatable. He has ATTACKER tag what kind of attacker this character is. SLKR is an Attacker too but his damage is not comparable to Lord Vader i mean if you design a GL version of Anakin/Lord Vader then you should give him that power and not require Maul usage to be a beast. This character individually should compete with SLKR on damage base. TANK Luke should not does the same damage as ATTACKER Lord Vader or ATTACKER Lord Vader should not absorb damage as TANK Luke. If he is an ATTACKER his damage should be solid. But if you give him that tag because of possible fan rage then this is just insincerity at best.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

What you said is simply a get out of jail free card in situations like these. When they constantly pump out new characters inspired by and fairly true to lore, one can't help but to think, "oh this is a star wars game that complements and is mostly parallel to the star wars universe." Just look at all the OR releases and the introduction of faction synergy. As the power creep has progressed, they've always made the strongest interactions make sense. I can get passed the unrelated reqs to even unlock LV. But the motivation behind the special maul design and mechanics along with paywalled conquest is clear as day.

"But they said..." sure, but look at what they've actually done over the last few years.

Yes we have a few examples of great lore synergy. But for the most part those are isolated instances. Look at the best teams in raids, most TB or event teams, basically all examples except a few metas or never meta teams, are teams of mixed up groups that were never characters that knew each other. The ones that are most notable, are because they have no other synergy to make it worth breaking them up. But some of the best ones still get broken up, look at SE and 501st. Those solid teams get mixed and mashed up in and out of a few meta/counter teams.

The game is not lore based, has not been, and has been stated to not be. The characters/elements/events are, but teams (for the most part) and especially power levels are not.

If this was a lore based game Windu would be op as all hell
  • I can't help but feel like Underestimated feels a bit underwhelming to stack. I mean see it this way, you get a bonus at 30 stacks, but not anywhere else, so why bother setting the cap above that? I feel like there should be some pay off for hitting 60 stacks. If you already can go that high, it should be for a reason.
  • MemeMaster wrote: »
    I can't help but feel like Underestimated feels a bit underwhelming to stack. I mean see it this way, you get a bonus at 30 stacks, but not anywhere else, so why bother setting the cap above that? I feel like there should be some pay off for hitting 60 stacks. If you already can go that high, it should be for a reason.

LV’s Specials have effects that scale directly on his Underestimated stacks.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    MemeMaster wrote: »

If this was a lore based game Windu would be op as all hell

Have you not seen ROTS.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH

Yes we have a few examples of great lore synergy. But for the most part those are isolated instances. Look at the best teams in raids, most TB or event teams, basically all examples except a few metas or never meta teams, are teams of mixed up groups that were never characters that knew each other. The ones that are most notable, are because they have no other synergy to make it worth breaking them up. But some of the best ones still get broken up, look at SE and 501st. Those solid teams get mixed and mashed up in and out of a few meta/counter teams.

The game is not lore based, has not been, and has been stated to not be. The characters/elements/events are, but teams (for the most part) and especially power levels are not.

The mixed teams you're talking about for different events come from the player base thinking of different ways to use these characters. Yes, 5 very strong units from several different factions may form a good team for a specific purpose, like SLKR, daka, zombie, hux, and thrawn. But SLKR was designed to interact and synergize with hux and other FO. Daka and zombie were designed to synergize with other NS. Thrawn is mainly empire but is a great plug and play anywhere. Wasn't really designed to synergize with anyone specifically. These units weren't designed to synergize with each other specifically. Why? Because that would make absolutely no sense. But here we are with two new units specifically designed to work together that really have no business being together other than to push people.

Your examples are irrelevant because these are not interactions the toons are designed for. We think of these. Which isn't a bad thing at all. I applaud the community for their creativity and devotion. But to specifically design two units to interact that make no sense interacting then paywalling one of them.. come on man. I don't really care about power levels following lore. Obviously everything they release is going to be a little bit stronger to entice people to buy/farm. I get it. But this is just unnecessary.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

The mixed teams you're talking about for different events come from the player base thinking of different ways to use these characters. Yes, 5 very strong units from several different factions may form a good team for a specific purpose, like SLKR, daka, zombie, hux, and thrawn. But SLKR was designed to interact and synergize with hux and other FO. Daka and zombie were designed to synergize with other NS. Thrawn is mainly empire but is a great plug and play anywhere. Wasn't really designed to synergize with anyone specifically. These units weren't designed to synergize with each other specifically. Why? Because that would make absolutely no sense. But here we are with two new units specifically designed to work together that really have no business being together other than to push people.

Your examples are irrelevant because these are not interactions the toons are designed for. We think of these. Which isn't a bad thing at all. I applaud the community for their creativity and devotion. But to specifically design two units to interact that make no sense interacting then paywalling one of them.. come on man. I don't really care about power levels following lore. Obviously everything they release is going to be a little bit stronger to entice people to buy/farm. I get it. But this is just unnecessary.

You can say things are or are not designed to work together, but as you are not a designer, then you don't really know. As surprising as it may sound. They do have ideas about what will happen when a character is released.

You have a very limited view on things in this moment. Over time I suspect we will start seeing UAFU being more open and used in other places.

Again, this game was designed to be this way and has been stated as such. Releasing these toons like this doesnt change or break from anything, it may be paving a new path, in a sense, but still this is how the game has been played the entire time.

There is no paywall, players will get this f2p. Over time many will. Again this is the game, nothing new or surprising that players who get it first very likely put money into the game.

You can say things are or are not designed to work together, but as you are not a designer, then you don't really know. As surprising as it may sound. They do have ideas about what will happen when a character is released.

You have a very limited view on things in this moment. Over time I suspect we will start seeing UAFU being more open and used in other places.

Again, this game was designed to be this way and has been stated as such. Releasing these toons like this doesnt change or break from anything, it may be paving a new path, in a sense, but still this is how the game has been played the entire time.

There is no paywall, players will get this f2p. Over time many will. Again this is the game, nothing new or surprising that players who get it first very likely put money into the game.

Time and time again we've been shown they have little to no idea what is going to happen on release. Nerfs. Buffs. Especially when something counters the new shiny. There are two buckets. Unintended interactions they're ok with and those they aren't. Sometimes I don't give CG enough credit. They do some good work and put out some good content and I do my best to provide honest feedback, good and bad. This isn't one of those times. They know exactly what they've done in the past and exactly what they're doing with this release. If there's one thing they never fail at, it's milking the cash cow for all it's worth regardless of the health of that cow. Pretty indicative of US agriculture funny enough. Go figure. Spoiler: we're the cows here.

I LOVED the first iteration of conquest. It was fun, engaging, and rewarding. I wanted to spend crystals because I wanted to keep playing. Now I'm spending crystals just to barely keep up and I absolutely hate it. Time and resources wasted for mediocre rewards.

I want to reiterate, I don't think there's any problem if units from different factions can work together. I enjoy running BSF and malak under palp lead. The mixing and matching is the most fun part of the game. But those units weren't advertised and designed to synergize with palp. This is a deliberate move to incite panic and encourage spending. But like you said, nothing new or surprising. I've simply reached my limit, and I have a high tolerance for ****.
  • For Lore stand point Anakin/Vader is always been the most powerful attacker in every ERA..
    In PT Obiwan beats him
    In OT Luke beats him
    In ST he’s in ghostland
    His accomplishments as Vader are: killing politicians locked in a conference room, killing a bunch of kids at school, killing old security guards from a diplomatic vessel, strangling a white collar coworker, smacking around a teenager that just finished a one week jedi internship, capturing a 3 men party with a full battalion while having the drop on them, shoving a very old guy down the well by attacking him at close range from behind. CG went easy on him.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Starslayer wrote: »
    For Lore stand point Anakin/Vader is always been the most powerful attacker in every ERA..
    In PT Obiwan beats him
    In OT Luke beats him
    In ST he’s in ghostland
    His accomplishments as Vader are: killing politicians locked in a conference room, killing a bunch of kids at school, killing old security guards from a diplomatic vessel, strangling a white collar coworker, smacking around a teenager that just finished a one week jedi internship, capturing a 3 men party with a full battalion while having the drop on them, shoving a very old guy down the well by attacking him at close range from behind. CG went easy on him.

Don’t forget jumping over his best friend’s head in an attempt to defeat him, but instead getting three of his limbs sliced off.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Xcien wrote: »
    Starslayer wrote: »
    For Lore stand point Anakin/Vader is always been the most powerful attacker in every ERA..
    In PT Obiwan beats him
    In OT Luke beats him
    In ST he’s in ghostland

Don’t forget jumping over his best friend’s head in an attempt to defeat him, but instead getting three of his limbs sliced off.

CG robbed me of that epic scene and I'm still not happy about it.