Lord Vader buff?

Kiaowew
108 posts Member
edited September 2021
Lord Vader's damage is pathetic before ult/no utl. This is the GL that needs a 4 r8? It's pathetic that farming with such requirements we get such a weak GL. And from what we can see LV will only be good with Maul, which will be in 3 months. Now I regret it, because investing in such an expensive one is pointless without Maul and even without him, because LV is weak
Post edited by Kiaowew on

Replies

• Dw his buff is coming in 7 years once the third conquest for Maul runs
  • His Basic literally does damage and that’s it.

That’s almost impressive.
  • McNabb
    23 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    Honestly, did you expect anything else, considering the pattern, that has been repeated for SEVERAL years now?
  • Did kinda expect him to be on the weaker side considering they had to nerf all non-GL counters before he was released.
  • LV isn’t out for 24 hours and the first guys start whining?…. Omg
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    McNabb wrote: »
    Honestly, did you expect anything else, considering the pattern, that has been repeated for SEVERAL years now?

Which pattern would that be.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • I remember when JMK release it was underwhelming too, many said the same things people are saying about LV. Give it a couple days, to get the ideal line up, mods, more people with Ultimate, strategy, and then complain. Also we will have to wait for Maul, just like JMK got much stronger with CAT, LV was also designed to use Maul to get his full power.

And yes that could be considered a bad design, but that's what CG has been doing lately. The thing is that if they buff LV now and then Maul releases, it might make him too overpowered, so I wouldn't like to see changes yet.
  • Granolo wrote: »
    I remember when JMK release it was underwhelming too, many said the same things people are saying about LV. Give it a couple days, to get the ideal line up, mods, more people with Ultimate, strategy, and then complain. Also we will have to wait for Maul, just like JMK got much stronger with CAT, LV was also designed to use Maul to get his full power.

And yes that could be considered a bad design, but that's what CG has been doing lately. The thing is that if they buff LV now and then Maul releases, it might make him too overpowered, so I wouldn't like to see changes yet.

Problem with your theory... GLK works much better then LV does even without ult or cat.
    When GLK was released I reliably beat any other GL with 0 effort without having his ult or cat. Now that I have had both I can still beat any other GL without even ulting. I only do so to save 2min of my time.

GLK has TREMENDOUS scaling with both mastery and his own damage. His heal block special scales up to 500%. He gains, and then boost, other mastery on the team by magnitudes more then LV.

I've had my cat, after characters with shien assisting or dodging around 5 times, hit 500k+ non crits.

Now let's talk about my r8 13.2k offense LV. (I will admit I don't have his ult but from what I've seen it makes 0 difference)
    His basic. It tickles. it tickles less then our nerfed DV.
    His 1st special. Scales to only 100%. Buff immunity and healing immunity is worthless since they can be resisted and they're not locked.
    Second special. scales to 150% at 60 stacks. Dots and daze are nice but get removed near instantly.
    DoTs in general. get removed and the pathetic 5% damage they deal tickles about as hard as his basic.

His mastery scaling... 1%... per buff lost. That is so so so bad. Less then rey. SEE gets more then that and its easier for him.

Now.. Maul vs Cat.
    Cat gives her whole team a massive dump of stats for free. Her special scales so much harder then mauls. Yes both maul and cats dmg on their specials "reset" but cat can charge up another big nuke hit before she even goes again, as long as your team is assisting of course.
    Maul gives no extra stats. His special doesn't instant kill out the gate. It does crap damage to start with and then a pathetic 100k at the end. (Cat does that after 1 ally assist).

CG said in their podcast with metaverse that they scaled him down... so they went way to hard and way untertuned LV.

TLDR: GLK is still king. GLK scales better then LV in both abilities and mastery. LV is bad.
  • Shiryu wrote: »
    Granolo wrote: »
    I remember when JMK release it was underwhelming too, many said the same things people are saying about LV. Give it a couple days, to get the ideal line up, mods, more people with Ultimate, strategy, and then complain. Also we will have to wait for Maul, just like JMK got much stronger with CAT, LV was also designed to use Maul to get his full power.

Problem with your theory... GLK works much better then LV does even without ult or cat.
    When GLK was released I reliably beat any other GL with 0 effort without having his ult or cat. Now that I have had both I can still beat any other GL without even ulting. I only do so to save 2min of my time.

GLK has TREMENDOUS scaling with both mastery and his own damage. His heal block special scales up to 500%. He gains, and then boost, other mastery on the team by magnitudes more then LV.

I've had my cat, after characters with shien assisting or dodging around 5 times, hit 500k+ non crits.

Now let's talk about my r8 13.2k offense LV. (I will admit I don't have his ult but from what I've seen it makes 0 difference)
    His 1st special. Scales to only 100%. Buff immunity and healing immunity is worthless since they can be resisted and they're not locked.
    Second special. scales to 150% at 60 stacks. Dots and daze are nice but get removed near instantly.
    DoTs in general. get removed and the pathetic 5% damage they deal tickles about as hard as his basic.

His mastery scaling... 1%... per buff lost. That is so so so bad. Less then rey. SEE gets more then that and its easier for him.

Now.. Maul vs Cat.
    Cat gives her whole team a massive dump of stats for free. Her special scales so much harder then mauls. Yes both maul and cats dmg on their specials "reset" but cat can charge up another big nuke hit before she even goes again, as long as your team is assisting of course.
    Maul gives no extra stats. His special doesn't instant kill out the gate. It does crap damage to start with and then a pathetic 100k at the end. (Cat does that after 1 ally assist).

CG said in their podcast with metaverse that they scaled him down... so they went way to hard and way untertuned LV.

TLDR: GLK is still king. GLK scales better then LV in both abilities and mastery. LV is bad.

You may be right, but it doesn’t change the bottom line: we’ll only be able to compare LV team and JMK team when both teams will have their designated sidekick. I fully understand that players who spent resources to unlock him asap could be disappointed, but it was clearly established in the ra that LV will only shine with Maul, so in 3 months at best.
  • Shiryu wrote: »

Now.. Maul vs Cat.

Thank you for this. Hopefully people finally get it aftter reading this.
  • Starslayer wrote: »
    Shiryu wrote: »

Now.. Maul vs Cat.

You may be right, but it doesn’t change the bottom line: we’ll only be able to compare LV team and JMK team when both teams will have their designated sidekick. I fully understand that players who spent resources to unlock him asap could be disappointed, but it was clearly established in the ra that LV will only shine with Maul, so in 3 months at best.

It was also established that JMK would shine the best with CAT. JMK’s a GL without CAT and above every GL with her. If LV needs Maul to be at the level of JMK without CAT, something’s off.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    You can't use "GLK" and "LV" together. Pick a lane please.
  • Drim
    359 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    This hole idea of GL needing a “side kick” from another mode in the game is ridiculous. The only way to fix LV is to give people 150 shards of maul on the unlock of LV. You can also add 150 shards of CAT to JMK if need be etc.
  • I’d be happier if there were sidekicks for each GL.
  • TargetEadu wrote: »
    If LV needs Maul to be at the level of JMK without CAT, something’s off.
    This I agree. But you can’t know that until we see the full team in action. See you in about 2 months ;)

• TVF wrote: »

Especially when LoVer is clearly the way to go.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Starslayer wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

Especially when LoVer is clearly the way to go.

Ask Padme how that went.
  • BE PATIENT. It’s been what, ONE DAY? Let’s figure out what works, what doesnt, what’s the team, what’s the mods, and what to do. THEN whine.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    BE PATIENT. It’s been what, ONE DAY? Let’s figure out what works, what doesnt, what’s the team, what’s the mods, and what to do. THEN whine.

Welcome to the forums, please "enjoy" your stay.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    BE PATIENT. It’s been what, ONE DAY? Let’s figure out what works, what doesnt, what’s the team, what’s the mods, and what to do. THEN whine.

If only the forums were patient. But they’re not, so try to ignore the whining and enjoy your stay.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • imagine having vader but having almost no shot at red box in conquest and having to wait even longer for maul!

But CG has made it fairly clear that GLs now--despite their immense cost--are only a piece of the team, and that rather than being able to farm the rest of the team, you have to to get 330 shards through conquest. Eventually.

Get rekt, holotable heroes!