Galactic Chase Poll- Why not a new ship?

Prev13
Why would we poll or want a ship that is already in game and most already have? How about a new ship and poll for the faction of that ship... Make it interesting CG, quit being lazy...

Replies

• I think this is a positive move as it's aimed more at newer players rather than the 6+ mil accounts. I also agree that we need more ships, not capital ships, but ships to round out the fleets that exist.
  • Baby steps?
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    Boomer8800 wrote: »
    Why would we poll or want a ship that is already in game and most already have? How about a new ship and poll for the faction of that ship... Make it interesting CG, quit being lazy...
    New ships have always been introduced as Galactic Chases (except for Vulture Droid, and Y-Wing those were marquees recently), besides it takes time for them to develop a new unit after the results are in

We are getting a shipload of content after this RA (I hope), so I think making it easier to catch up to Nego / Male is a step in that direction for what they have planned
  • Ultra wrote: »
    New ships have always been introduced as Galactic Chases

I must've either missed those, or simply not remember them.

What are Galactic Chases?
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    New ships have always been introduced as Galactic Chases

I must've either missed those, or simply not remember them.

What are Galactic Chases?

They did one recently for Razor Crest. They drop the shards as extra drops on farming nodes.
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • I'm perfectly okay with them using GET2 exclusive ships for this event, however, I really hate that Malevolence doesn't have a fair chance. With the requirement of Negotiator for Master Kenobi, players that do not have him are very likely to vote for that ship over the Malevolence which isn't required.
  • I voted Mal as I already have Negotiator.

For a new player, the fleet for Mal is going to be WAY more accessible & useful.

My question is in dev post they say this has been announced elsewhere?

But I'm not seeing any other announcement.

When is this supposed to happen?

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/249231/galactic-chases-and-what-s-next#latest

• Shard shop currency is always welcome. I haven't voted because I have both.
  • I'm 6.5 million GP with only Negotiator at 7*. I only unlocked Malevolence last month lmao. The joys of getting gear instead of shards with GET2.

Anyway, regardless of the state of your capital ships, this is not something that should be complained about. We are literally getting free shards of something we don't have maxed yet or free shard store currency. There is nothing detrimental about this at all.

P.S. vote Malevolence so I can finish it faster
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    I voted Mal as I already have Negotiator.

For a new player, the fleet for Mal is going to be WAY more accessible & useful.

My question is in dev post they say this has been announced elsewhere?

But I'm not seeing any other announcement.

When is this supposed to happen?

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/249231/galactic-chases-and-what-s-next#latest

Its from the most recent content update

904kg98qtr9x.png
  • Why not changes to the game that don’t make beloved characters much weaker, or changes to game modes to make them monetized trash. The continued silence from the devs shows that we are back to the good ol’ ignore the fire till it fizzles out method.

More on topic, I think this will be a nice catch-up mechanic for newer players to diversify their fleet rosters since those two cap shops are currently locked behind some heavy GET2 farms. It’s nice that they’re giving some sort of attention to fleets finally. If only they’d add more ships to round out rosters and would pay the same attention to gear economy…..hmmmm
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Its from the most recent content update

904kg98qtr9x.png

Thank you, I never saw that.
  • Why am I trying to take a survey that does not accept this forums account or my ea account? How many accounts do I need to play now? Don’t forget my Apple account…
  • Old_Ben12345
    399 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    I see the new Galactic Chase outlook to be an overwhelmingly great thing for the game. There's always those people who will find something to complain about even in the best things. I personally am thrilled they're helping out newer (and older) players in this way.
  • This is great, hopefully it will be enough for me to get the last 65 shards I'm missing for Mal.
    More free stuff please!

I'm wondering why they're helping everyone unlock Geos just now. Help everyone unlock Wat so JMK becomes more accessible?
  • Here's the real poll:

1) FO TIE Bomber
    2) MG-100 StarFortress (Resistance Bomber)
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Legend91 wrote: »
    Here's the real poll:

1) FO TIE Bomber

I would hate to have to chose between those 2. I want both! And the game needs both.
  • Gale_Toral wrote: »
    I'm 6.5 million GP with only Negotiator at 7*. I only unlocked Malevolence last month lmao. The joys of getting gear instead of shards with GET2.

Anyway, regardless of the state of your capital ships, this is not something that should be complained about. We are literally getting free shards of something we don't have maxed yet or free shard store currency. There is nothing detrimental about this at all.

P.S. vote Malevolence so I can finish it faster

Same. Need Mal.

Galactic Chase is a good thing and I will add my voice to more ships, tanks, support for the Fleets rather than just another Capital Ship.
  • I choose neither from this poll. They both already have an easy way to farm in game (though it is a long farm). I know razor crest already had one, but I'd love a second shot at getting mine closer to 7* that doesn't involve spending 6K crystals on the 60 shards I need over the next 6 months 😒
  • Doesn't matter which shard shop currency they give me really. It seems like a bizarre choice, but i suppose it's just another signifier that GET2 currency is devalued and ready to join the rest of obsolete shops that just offer tiny amounts of gear directly or through shard shop.
  • The form requires me to login, why? It’s supposed to be an anonymous poll.
  • What? No.

GET2 is still useful for very important gear, in much better amounts than you would get by purchasing ship blueprints and converting them to Shard Shop currency.

It does, however, signal that they might be doing something with GET2. It's not at all guaranteed, but there's a possibility that they're attempting to relieve the farming expenditures on CapShips so that they can add a new GET2 shiny.

I don't think that's particularly likely, but it's certainly one valid possibility and makes sense if CG wanted to clear the decks (so to speak) for a new focus on a new toon/ship.

The most likely outcome is that nothing is changing, and that this is simply another catch up mechanic for mid tier players, with a bonus of some ShardShop currency for end game players. I think that's excellent.

Now many people have claimed (and will continue to claim) that we don't need "catch up" mechanics since new players never go head to head against older players. However this is wrong headed. When CG is advertising to new players, they don't say, "Look at this cool Hoth TB you can do!" They advertise Lord Vader and GLOWCAT and Conquest and whatever is the latest and greatest thing. But the people who might see that advertising and think they might want those characters or want to participate in the latest game mode, they're not actually going to be able to get access to those toons for literally years.

The idea isn't to catch newer players up with older players. It's to make their advertising more effective by giving new players hope that they won't have died of old age before they get a chance to play with the toys CG advertised. Honestly, if they realized just how long it would be before they get the (currently) new shiny, many of them would never sign up. Others see what they perceive to be a slow pace of progress towards endgame excitement and quit.

We need a constant influx of new players, and not all of them can be whales (since if everyone was a whale, whaling would grant no advantage, and no one is going to spend a large amount of money to no advantage). Creating "catch up" mechanics is a good, healthy, even necessary part of the ongoing gave development/game balancing that must be done if we want SWGOH to continue.

More thoughtful improvements like this, please, CG. This is a good move you're making.
  • Granolo wrote: »
    Legend91 wrote: »
    Here's the real poll:

1) FO TIE Bomber

I would hate to have to chose between those 2. I want both! And the game needs both.

Get both!! :p
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    The form requires me to login, why? It’s supposed to be an anonymous poll.

It is anonymous, no one on the outside can see your results.

This was probably done to help them avoid the spam they got on the last pole.
  • I think it's cool. New players have a way of getting ships or characters faster and veteran players get extra shard shop currency. This sort of event doesn't interfere with any other events so it can run constantly no problem.

It's such a small, simple change. Good idea.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • What? No.

We need a constant influx of new players, and not all of them can be whales (since if everyone was a whale, whaling would grant no advantage, and no one is going to spend a large amount of money to no advantage). Creating "catch up" mechanics is a good, healthy, even necessary part of the ongoing gave development/game balancing that must be done if we want SWGOH to continue.

More thoughtful improvements like this, please, CG. This is a good move you're making.

As a newer player I agree with your sentiments and love this chase concept. I think a lot of new players consider fleet an afterthought because the grind to get the ships takes forever compared to the characters and the in-game progress for fleet is negligible compared to the value more developed characters gives you. My Geos, for example, have been 7* for months but I still dont have Sun Fac's ship at 7* even though Ive been farming his ship node for months and his ship shards are supplemented by the currency stores.

Ive never spent my GET currency (thanks to this forums suggestions) and I'm only 50% of the way to one of these 2 capital ships so this is amazing news for me. Anything to speed this up will help.
  • Maybe they should add another capital ship.
  • BeralCator wrote: »
    Maybe they should add another capital ship.

Yeah, we desperately need one.
    I'd say the next one is...empire.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg