What GL's does SEE counter?

Wrathe
194 posts Member
edited September 2021
No sarcasm, I really only used him as of late for JMK/CAT teams for a changeup from mirroring w/ my own JMK/CAT team.

I can see the desire to match him w/ Wat and Armorer isn't wanted. Cool, so...who's his team? What's he do?

So just seeking straight up advice. What's the intended lineup for him and what GL's does he counter?

I know I can do JML lead w/ him and a bunch of random Sith. I assume that's one legit use.
I also see him and Wat vs Rey teams, will this stick around or is this going away too?

I really didn't go hunting for SEE, he kinda fell into my lap so he's woefully underused by me at the moment.

Thanks for advice!
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• I normally run SEE, Wat, Malak, Revan and Vader (even though he's terrible now, I want ability blocks). I can beat Rey, JML and win mirror matches. JMK with CAT is a loss and without her it's possible but not easy.
  • All of them?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »
    All of them?

Where have you been
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Padawan
    26 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    You can also counter Kylos with 2 tanks. It requires Han (can be low gear, as long as he can do the first turn stun), a low gear armorer (needs the initial 2 beskar stacks skill lvl), a very fast Thrawn and a pre-taunt.
    The general strategy is to stun Hux (so he cannot swap tm with Kylo), then take a blow from SLKR (followed bit SiT assist) with your pre-taunt, so his hp goes below 60% and your armorer gets the 3rd beskar stack. Finally, Thrawn gives the turn to your armorer. Give the 3 stack beskar armor to SEE and click on auto.
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    All of them?

Did you miss the Great Nerf(s)?
    I've found this whole experience to be very enlightening.

Thank you for evaluating. Your feedback is appreciated.
  • Xcien wrote: »
    All of them?

I heard people complaining about non-gl counters being nerfed, then something about JMK teams avoiding taunting chars when his ability says that’s what happens, then something about zombie amd and acolyte (lol??) being “nerfed.” Not sure what happened, tbh. Must be a SEE thing?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    Xcien wrote: »
    All of them?

I heard people complaining about non-gl counters being nerfed, then something about JMK teams avoiding taunting chars when his ability says that’s what happens, then something about zombie amd and acolyte (lol??) being “nerfed.” Not sure what happened, tbh. Must be a SEE thing?

I guess so.

• Gifafi wrote: »
    All of them?

Yes, they made JMK + CAT bypass Protection when attacking SEE and also, he may not counter attack vs that combo.

They phrased it if he's with an Unaligned Force User who is also Galactic Republic, hehe.
  • Yeah, they take their GL parity very seriously...
  • Gifafi wrote: »
    All of them?

So you decided to comment about a topic you have no clue, with incorrect “advice”? Kewl.

To OP: JML, Rey, mirror.
    Slk can be countered, but that is not as straightforward or reliable.
  • Xcien wrote: »
    All of them?

Actually, for SEE it wasn't the Great Nerf what caused the problem, but the more silent, subtle changes to JMK with the last recent update and special treatment against Sith opponents.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    SEE can still counter GLs? No that’s not right.

Non GLs aren’t supposed to be countering GLs

@.doja fix pls
  • Xcien
    2436 posts Member
    CadoaBane wrote: »
    All of them?

Actually, for SEE it wasn't the Great Nerf what caused the problem, but the more silent, subtle changes to JMK with the last recent update and special treatment against Sith opponents.

I’ve thrown in all the nerfs from the Original Great Nerf (GAS, JKL, Wat, Vader) to now under ‘The Great Nerf’. It’s all the same as the nerfs against Vader, Wat, GAS, and JKL; CG Is just doing it to different characters now. Sadly, not even GLs are safe from being nerfed.

• SEE got a buff from the Great Nerf, but he liked using Vader and Thrawn who both got whacked.

SEE can still easily kill JML and mirrors, and fairly easily kill Rey and CAT-less JMK. Killing SLKR or CAT-JMK needs a lot of setup and support that will fall like a rock on defense.
  • TVF wrote: »
    All of them?

Where have you been

What matchups have changed for SEE post-nerf besides JMK + CAT?

I think you're all crazy, SEE can literally beat every single team in the game besides JMK + CAT, and even then you can create cheese counters as we have seen in the past 48 hours (after the nightsister cheese nerfs).

Mirrors are an easy win.
    Rey is an easy win.
    JML is an easy win.
    SLKR is an easy win if you know what you're doing and have a pretaunting tank modded correctly.
    JMK is the hardest match-up, medium difficulty without CAT but very difficult with CAT. But pretty much every GL struggles vs JMK + CAT, SEE is one of the few that at least stands a chance.

• TVF
    36526 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    All of them?

Where have you been

I think you're all crazy, SEE can literally beat every single team in the game besides JMK + CAT, and even then you can create cheese counters as we have seen in the past 48 hours (after the nightsister cheese nerfs).

Mirrors are an easy win.
    Rey is an easy win.
    JML is an easy win.
    SLKR is an easy win if you know what you're doing and have a pretaunting tank modded correctly.
    JMK is the hardest match-up, medium difficulty without CAT but very difficult with CAT. But pretty much every GL struggles vs JMK + CAT, SEE is one of the few that at least stands a chance.

All of them?

Where have you been

You might want to read what I responded to again.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    All of them?

Where have you been

Mirrors are an easy win.
    Rey is an easy win.
    JML is an easy win.

All of them?

Where have you been

You might want to read what I responded to again.

Oh I mean to quote the guy you responded to.