Question About Packs

Community429
posts Member
edited September 2021
I have a question about the packs that have been up in the store lately. Personally, I love them. I'm a recovering gambling addict and I'm not allowed to gamble AT ALL in any way, but I get that same rush when I buy (most of) these packs available in the store. It's like a super-secret way for me to get my fix without anyone knowing!

I had no idea that gambling was allowed in a mobile game, not to mention a freaking Star Wars game! Amazing. I love it. I was hoping for some more big payout packs though. Just give me some decent odds on a 7-star Bad Batch and I'm all in.

Anyway, just wanted to give some positive feedback to the team during this storm of negative press. It's quite clear you guys have been spending a lot of time and resources creating an economy that enables and encourages a practice that for far too long has had such a negative stigma.

Thanks,

Hank
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• It’s not technically gambling.

When you gamble, one of the possible outcomes is that you put money down and lose, ie get nothing in return.

When you buy one of these packs, there are different outcomes with different probabilities, but none of them result in you losing.
  • It’s not technically gambling.

When you gamble, one of the possible outcomes is that you put money down and lose, ie get nothing in return.

When you buy one of these packs, there are different outcomes with different probabilities, but none of them result in you losing.

Yes you do win or lose. Take a pack of bad batch at 1299 crystals for example. In the Shipments, you can buy bad batch shards for 80 crystals per shard. So if you spend 1299 on a pack and get less than 16 shards, you've lost crystals. If you get 17 shards or more, you've won free shards. It's 100% gambling.
  • Jordy_Rain wrote: »
    It’s not technically gambling.

Yes you do win or lose. Take a pack of bad batch at 1299 crystals for example. In the Shipments, you can buy bad batch shards for 80 crystals per shard. So if you spend 1299 on a pack and get less than 16 shards, you've lost crystals. If you get 17 shards or more, you've won free shards. It's 100% gambling.
    No - losing is getting nothing in return. So it’s not “100%” gambling.

Also, the OP was not talking about crystal purchases, he was talking about cash purchases. With the cash purchases the “worst” possible outcome has always still been “worth” more than the equivalent amount of crystals the cash could have bought you.