[MEGA] Road Ahead: July 2021

Replies

• Why was the thread for Conquest 7 closed when we’re still in the middle of Conquest 7?
  • TargetEadu wrote: »
    Why was the thread for Conquest 7 closed when we’re still in the middle of Conquest 7?

So CG can carefully consider all the feedback in the thread without being distracted by any new posts.

And if you believe that ....
  • TargetEadu wrote: »
    Why was the thread for Conquest 7 closed when we’re still in the middle of Conquest 7?

And now it’s open again. Huh.
  • Well after the change to make it so SEE can't beat a JMK on defense without some amazing luck I have one response. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAlNSZE1g6Q
  • I'm flabbergasted by the changes for GLOK vs SEE, on top of all the abusive cash grabs. They continue to double down on the squeeze.

"The beatings will continue until morale improves."

I have to wonder if this is really making the quarterlies improve or not.
  • When they announced relic 9 I was dismayed because I knew this was way too early given the existing crunch of relic 8.
    But I hoped that maybe CG realized they needed to ease that crunch first.

What happened instead was that they nerfed a lot of non GLs, strangled the crystal income from fleet arena for anyone without executor, buffed JMK on defense thus cut off crystal income from arena, changed conquest to cut off income of relic 8 material as well unless you spend a lot of crystals, which they now do their utmost to reduce for us. This in combination with requiring an insane amount of relic 8 on trash characters just to unlock the newer characters needed to access arena payouts.
    They’ve previously talked about the ambition to reduce gear crunch and the importance of arena as the primary crystal source. But none of their actions backs up what they claim to be wanting to do.
    Their actions are the complete opposite of what is needed for long time game health.

And on top of that we get no feedback on any of these issues. If anything it’s just selected blurbs of corporate lingo of great things coming in “the future”, or tongue in cheek comments to joke away our concerns.
    The future improvements have a tendency to get delayed and then down prioritized and eventually forgotten. But panic changes to reduce playability in favor of a quick cash grab are never far away, and often untested thus breaking the game experience even more.

I know this all sounds negative but I’m writing this out of concern for the game because it has been dear to me. But I feel we’ve passed the last straw and if we don’t get a huge official commitment from CG to turn this around now I don’t see a road ahead , just an abyss.
  • Shnel wrote: »
    When they announced relic 9 I was dismayed because I knew this was way too early given the existing crunch of relic 8.
    But I hoped that maybe CG realized they needed to ease that crunch first.

What happened instead was that they nerfed a lot of non GLs, strangled the crystal income from fleet arena for anyone without executor, buffed JMK on defense thus cut off crystal income from arena, changed conquest to cut off income of relic 8 material as well unless you spend a lot of crystals, which they now do their utmost to reduce for us. This in combination with requiring an insane amount of relic 8 on trash characters just to unlock the newer characters needed to access arena payouts.
    They’ve previously talked about the ambition to reduce gear crunch and the importance of arena as the primary crystal source. But none of their actions backs up what they claim to be wanting to do.
    Their actions are the complete opposite of what is needed for long time game health.

And on top of that we get no feedback on any of these issues. If anything it’s just selected blurbs of corporate lingo of great things coming in “the future”, or tongue in cheek comments to joke away our concerns.
    The future improvements have a tendency to get delayed and then down prioritized and eventually forgotten. But panic changes to reduce playability in favor of a quick cash grab are never far away, and often untested thus breaking the game experience even more.

I know this all sounds negative but I’m writing this out of concern for the game because it has been dear to me. But I feel we’ve passed the last straw and if we don’t get a huge official commitment from CG to turn this around now I don’t see a road ahead , just an abyss.

Very well pointed. Honestly we complain for nothing. It got to the point where it depends on us players to unite. Example: use metas in arenas only for climbing; don't put gls in tw and gac defenses; things that should clearly refute this abyss ahead. Although this will never happen, there's too much a rift between 2 cathegories of players and cg is just capitalizing on this. There's absolutely no credible argument like health of game to believe, it's to a point that claiming this is just insulting. It's an obvious hunt of the wallets, and we have no other choice than to defend them.

We already were (mostly) coordinating and cooperating in a level far in excess of what ought to be expected, because it was necessary to squeeze every free crystal possible out of a rather stingy in game economy.
    The existence of shard chats as a nor., with entire tools dedicated to monitoring shard creation, toon rosters, gear planning, etc. Look at all the tools *outside* of the game people use to collaborate. This was all a means by which the players adapted to the rather harsh imposition established.

CG has monitored this, and instead of finding a way to make this level of effort outside the game unnecessary, has decided to punish us for adapting and finding ways to be successful.

Their entire strategy seems to ve: more frustration by players = more spending, so compound the nerfs to increase frustration, and we will have to make more money. And they don't realize that only works up to a point. At some point people balk, and we are seeing it in droves, now.

But who knows, without access to the data. They could be making more money now than ever and laughing at us all the way to the bank. But one thing is sure - none of this is in the player's interest. There is no cooperation between devs and players. They have established an antagonistic relationship by squeezing us for everything we are worth, and so we will only respond with taking advantage of every broken thing in their game.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    GLOK?

Get out.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Get rid of Conquest energy. Make it like Galactic Challenges where we can just do it. Maybe doing the same battle over and over and over and over and over and over wouldn't be as bad if we didn't have to spend energy that is far too scarce to do so. How many crystals am I supposed to spend to do something I don't want to do? It's a game just let us play. This is quickly becoming a game for masochists. Hit me again, CG.

They want you to spend crystals.
  • There is a thing called Price's Square Root Law - basically take the total number of players who pay to play and square root it - eg if there are 100,000 players who regularly pay to play (made up numbers) then 316 of these players contribute 50% of the total revenue generated for CG. If these players go because of the way CG are basically ruining this game (prove me wrong - please!) that's a big revenue loss (we've all seen the 'deals' in the shop to realise profits are being hit recently). If this continues, we'll have 100,000 - 316 players left who pay to play and out of these, if the next square root of players go (this will be 99,684 square root = 315 players), that will be a further 50% loss...how long before profits are hit and we see some love again? I don't know?

Anyway - it's all hypothetical stuff Price's Square Root Law but anyone in economics, business and marketing will tell you - it's a proved model of predicting how things can go - in fact anywhere and anything.
  • FofoBett wrote: »
    There is a thing called Price's Square Root Law - basically take the total number of players who pay to play and square root it - eg if there are 100,000 players who regularly pay to play (made up numbers) then 316 of these players contribute 50% of the total revenue generated for CG. If these players go because of the way CG are basically ruining this game (prove me wrong - please!) that's a big revenue loss (we've all seen the 'deals' in the shop to realise profits are being hit recently). If this continues, we'll have 100,000 - 316 players left who pay to play and out of these, if the next square root of players go (this will be 99,684 square root = 315 players), that will be a further 50% loss...how long before profits are hit and we see some love again? I don't know?

Anyway - it's all hypothetical stuff Price's Square Root Law but anyone in economics, business and marketing will tell you - it's a proved model of predicting how things can go - in fact anywhere and anything.

Lots of people are saying that the recent changes are here to protect whales, which are the 50% revenue group in the PSRL theory. So if the forum is right, you just explained why the game will be alive and well in the years to come.
  • @Starslayer and here you are correct my friend.
  • Didn’t realize the whales wanted to do the extra grind feats?
  • No lots of whales are even hurt by all the changes they make the game not fun that's why a lot are quitting. They expect a fun interesting game for their money as we all should. However what has been delivered doesnt match the money they put in and its not fun so they quit. High end guilds are starting to suffer from the losses of top players.
  • Didn’t realize the whales wanted to do the extra grind feats?

Not only do we not want to do it the fact that we now have to reshuffle ALL OUR MODS, figure out how to rebalance our rosters for EVERYTHING while being expected to buy new toons (they have a hard time balancing the game? Are they kidding?!).
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Didn’t realize the whales wanted to do the extra grind feats?

Not only do we not want to do it the fact that we now have to reshuffle ALL OUR MODS, figure out how to rebalance our rosters for EVERYTHING while being expected to buy new toons (they have a hard time balancing the game? Are they kidding?!).

If you were a whale you would have hotutils and not care about buying new toons. Press X to doubt on the "we" part.
  • Should have called it a road backwards this time.. u are really letting the community down this time.. why cant u just do something nice for us instead of taking all the fun away. No-body, literally no-body is positive about this changes
  • I wonder what will happen when this game drops under 4* rating on the play store. It's dropped from 4.3 to 4.1 in just the last couple of weeks.

Surely that is a KPI that managers and corporate look at.
  • LightSideRules
    10 posts Member
    edited September 2021
    TVF wrote: »

If you were a whale you would have hotutils and not care about buying new toons. Press X to doubt on the "we" part.

Read my earlier posts - I am a whale - I am at least $30K in probably more. The only GL I do not already have is Lord Vader and the only ship is executrix. BOTH because I wanted to save up Zetas and stay in the tier 2 GAC (which you shift at 7.8M and I have to remove mods from most of my smaller toons to get my GP down).

I think you are out of your mind if you think ANY form of mod mechanics is easy to switch around when MANY teams got changed. If you are using Hotutils or Grand Ivory I imagine what used to work isn't always best now. How to mod so many characters differently and to plan for different situations as well (cRancor is different than GAC which is different than SQUAD) in all old situations as well as some of the new ones. Shifting mods around on 200 toons is a nightmare and I don't care how you do it.
    Post edited by LightSideRules on
  • TVF wrote: »

Read my earlier posts - I am a whale - I am at least $30K in probably more. The only GL I do not already have is Lord Vader and the only ship is executrix.
    Executrix is a newbie capital ship Mr whale.
  • I hope Relic 9 drops tomorrow.
  • I hope Relic 9 drops tomorrow.

Why?
  • AlexanderG wrote: »
    I hope Relic 9 drops tomorrow.

Why?

Some men just want to watch the game burn.
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

Read my earlier posts - I am a whale - I am at least $30K in probably more. The only GL I do not already have is Lord Vader and the only ship is executrix.
    Executrix is a newbie capital ship Mr whale.

he clearly meant Executor. I'm seeing alot of ppl confuse the two. or their autocorrect confuse the two.
  • No I need to bump all my Sith from R8 to R9...
  • Road ahead….. how about you all fix the TW match making.. 109 GLs vs 54 GLs. Not worth even playing. Oh wait I forgot CG you all got stuff like R9 to input.. disregard my sensible fix comment and carry on with the stupid…